Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: New Incision wheels coming....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2016, 01:03 AM   #141
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New Incision wheels coming....

RPP has them listed and in stock too. 2.2 methods are $54.50 and 2.2 kmc $62.50. 1.9 methods are $49.50.

Latest Items
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2016, 05:52 AM   #142
RCC Addict

no pictures....
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 07:12 AM   #143
I wanna be Dave

Ordered!
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:09 AM   #144

I'm tempted to order, but I wanna see pictures first so I can decide which color I like best. I'm guessing they might be sold out before pictures are available. :P

I'm baffled that Incision/Vanquish hasn't posted these anywhere. They're not on the Vanquish website, not on the Vanquish Facebook page and not on the Incision Facebook page.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 08:20 AM   #145
Rock Crawler

Went with the black 2.2 methods...

Dumb question, but are these considered beadlocks or not? With the two piece design and faux locking ring, it made me wonder.

Now I need some tires. Since I am one of those Harley homers, I may go with the Axial KR2 R35 and DD foams.

Last edited by Drm31078; 07-20-2016 at 08:29 AM.
Drm31078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 09:07 AM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drm31078 View Post
Went with the black 2.2 methods...

Dumb question, but are these considered beadlocks or not? With the two piece design and faux locking ring, it made me wonder.

Now I need some tires. Since I am one of those Harley homers, I may go with the Axial KR2 R35 and DD foams.
Yes, they're beadlock wheels. They're a "internal" beadlock design. The tires are pinched between the outer halves of the wheel and an inner ring. The beadlock rings aren't what hold most RC tires onto the wheel.

WTH is a Harley homer?
Old 07-20-2016, 09:40 AM   #147
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Yes, they're beadlock wheels. They're a "internal" beadlock design. The tires are pinched between the outer halves of the wheel and an inner ring. The beadlock rings aren't what hold most RC tires onto the wheel.

WTH is a Harley homer?
Ha. I just end up copying a lot of what he does in his budget build series. Hence a Harley loyalist or "homer". In this case he is using the axial kr2 r35, so I might just copy him.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:11 AM   #148
Rock Crawler

So Harley just said that slw designed hubs (shifts included) will not fit these rims. New hub design.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:16 AM   #149
I wanna be Dave

I was so tempted to order when I saw them pop up on RPP. You guys have to post up as soon as you get them. Really curious about the new design.
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:22 AM   #150
20K Club

Well it's been a good read folks...

To make a long story short:
The wheels were being rushed to be finished, they came in from plating the day before Axialfest. I rushed the packaging girls to get them all done and ready so I could drive them to AF myself. This means that we didn't have our typical week to week and a half to do all of our product pictures, listing descriptions, dealer discussions and so on before their unofficial release at Axialfest.

So now, I'm back to work and getting those details done.

The hubs are a completely new design, smaller diameter with slightly smaller hardware but that will use a standard 2.0mm driver, no more 3/32". The new hub gives us some freedom on design room for 1.9's especially. The hubs are included with the wheels and are a happy medium of offsets, They'll work on a Wraith/Bomber with a stage one kit as well as an SCX10 with one. The hub will be considered a #4 and we will have multiple offsets available for sale as well (2-.

The wheels are a true clamping beadlock, based around the same dimensions and tolerances as our current wheels.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:25 AM   #151
I wanna be Dave

They're different yes. I've got a set of the new ones here, I'll take some pics tonight.
imthatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:40 AM   #152
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
Well it's been a good read folks...

To make a long story short:

The wheels were being rushed to be finished, they came in from plating the day before Axialfest. I rushed the packaging girls to get them all done and ready so I could drive them to AF myself. This means that we didn't have our typical week to week and a half to do all of our product pictures, listing descriptions, dealer discussions and so on before their unofficial release at Axialfest.

The hubs are a completely new design, smaller diameter with slightly smaller hardware but that will use a standard 2.0mm driver, no more 3/32". The new hub gives us some freedom on design room for 1.9's especially. The hubs are included with the wheels and are a happy medium of offsets, They'll work on a Wraith/Bomber with a stage one kit as well as an SCX10 with one. The hub will be considered a #4 and we will have multiple offsets available for sale as well (2-.

The wheels are a true clamping beadlock, based around the same dimensions and tolerances as our current wheels.

Will they work with the proline super swampers xl ??
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:47 AM   #153
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
...To make a long story short:

Thanks for update, not sure I like the different bolt circle on the hubs...but waiting until I see them. Are they the same bolt circle as any other manufacurer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by imthatguy View Post
They're different yes. I've got a set of the new ones here, I'll take some pics tonight.
Looking forward to some good front and back pics of these wheels.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 10:53 AM   #154
I wanna be Dave

SLW hubs are essentially the industry standard and now you are changing them? One of the primary reasons I would purchase new wheels is because of the SLW design so that I can use existing SLW hubs and accessories with. Bummer.
bilinvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:03 AM   #155

Quote:
The hubs are a completely new design, smaller diameter with slightly smaller hardware but that will use a standard 2.0mm driver, no more 3/32".
That's an Apple move right there. All of those fully invested in SLW hubs are going to be pissed. Thankfully, I don't have this issue. Smaller hubs using metric hardware is a win to me.

Quote:
So they're not an internal beadlock?
Old 07-20-2016, 11:37 AM   #156
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilinvic View Post
SLW hubs are essentially the industry standard and now you are changing them? One of the primary reasons I would purchase new wheels is because of the SLW design so that I can use existing SLW hubs and accessories with. Bummer.
I guess I can see the reasoning for the scale nerds running 1.9's since smaller hardware and a smaller diameter would look "more scale" but why the switch on 2.2's?

I wonder if slw hubs will start coming with both patterns tapped into them? It would make sense to allow the future user to buy one hub and use it on 2 styles of wheels. Well, it would make sense for the user but not the manufacturer looking to move more part numbers.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 11:40 AM   #157
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilinvic View Post
Some will feel that way, but mass market will not have the same sentiments. The hubs are included in these wheels and we needed to look at all aspects of design. We obviously know the SLW is the standard, as we established it. Remember when the DH wheels were the standard though? The SLW hubs will continue in all Vanquish wheels. The Incision wheels are using the new hub for many reasons.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:41 AM   #158
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That's an Apple move right there. All of those fully invested in SLW hubs are going to be pissed. Thankfully, I don't have this issue. Smaller hubs using metric hardware is a win to me.

So they're not an internal beadlock?
They are an internal beadlock, same internal clamp ring as our other wheels.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:43 AM   #159
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
I guess I can see the reasoning for the scale nerds running 1.9's since smaller hardware and a smaller diameter would look "more scale" but why the switch on 2.2's?

I wonder if slw hubs will start coming with both patterns tapped into them? It would make sense to allow the future user to buy one hub and use it on 2 styles of wheels. Well, it would make sense for the user but not the manufacturer looking to move more part numbers.
The hubs are included with the wheels, so we aren't trying to just "move more parts" as we choose the most popular offset range to use.

It was changed on the 2.2 again to make sure costs on the wheels were kept low so we could bring as low a cost as possible.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:44 AM   #160
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Will they work with the proline super swampers xl ??
Proline mounted a set at Axialfest. It's the same issues as the standard wheels with Prolines super thick bead. However the 1.2" wide wheel makes things much easier.

New Incision wheels coming.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Narrowing Stock XR10 wheels to fit Vanquish Incision Knuckles The gasman Tires and Wheels 8 01-13-2014 06:46 PM
vanquish XR-10 Incision Steering Knuckles and wheels bikeboy Axial XR10 35 03-07-2012 09:51 AM
VP Incision Steering Knuckles/Stock Wheels Mysterious Axial XR10 9 12-11-2011 05:18 PM
New 1.9 wheels coming Gozer Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 10-21-2008 02:59 AM