Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2018, 10:49 AM   #181
RCC Addict

Default Re: AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure

Awesome, man! Lol... I used to do that too when phones had cords attached... I would just start drawing on any scrap paper within reach. Btw I originally had drawn big ol globs of blood squirtin' out of the clobbered skeet but then I thought about your girls and decided that might be a little too graphic lmao.

I'll end the hijack here but since you said you like trippy lol...

high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2018, 05:21 AM   #182
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Awesome, man! Lol... I used to do that too when phones had cords attached... I would just start drawing on any scrap paper within reach. Btw I originally had drawn big ol globs of blood squirtin' out of the clobbered skeet but then I thought about your girls and decided that might be a little too graphic lmao.

I'll end the hijack here but since you said you like trippy lol...

These are some bad ass pictures! I could spend hours looking at them.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 05:31 AM   #183
RCC Addict

Tried to adjust a humming diff lock servo. Ended up stripping the gears in it. Luckily I had a spare. Thank you Ernie! The mud pie pit crew wanted to help. So I put them to work. Got that finished up. Everything shifting & engaging perfectly now & no more humming servo.

Old 08-03-2018, 06:29 AM   #184
RCC Addict

I really dig the interaction that you've developed with your girls. Too much poor parenting in the world so it's extra cool to see the the good!

Those servo-savers on the mini's seem pretty delicate. It's encouraging to know that you were able to successfully swap yours out. If you have any notes regarding the swap, please post up. I'm assuming it was fairly straight-forward and that you were able to reuse the servo saver? Also what servo did you use? I've got a couple of Bluebird BMS-373MG's that will hopefully drop in without any issue.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:40 AM   #185
RCC Addict

Quote:
I really dig the interaction that you've developed with your girls. Too much poor parenting in the world so it's extra cool to see the the good!

Those servo-savers on the mini's seem pretty delicate. It's encouraging to know that you were able to successfully swap yours out. If you have any notes regarding the swap, please post up. I'm assuming it was fairly straight-forward and that you were able to reuse the servo saver? Also what servo did you use? I've got a couple of Bluebird BMS-373MG's that will hopefully drop in without any issue.

My family is everything to me. When I get home from work. It's daddy time! At their ages they are a handful. Momma deals with them ALL day. Not to mention the sweet smell of some BADASS food when you walk in the door. It's my turn :-). My girls love tools & tinkering, cars, trucks, Barbie, mud and anything Disney. Wouldn't change it for anything!

As for the front diff lock servo change. Went fairly smooth. didn't strip the servo saver. Just gears inside. Replaced it with another stock servo that Ernie had sent with my truck. The servo saver I did have to take off & rotate 180°. Due to the horn being on the wrong side of servo. Remove cable With diff unlocked. Remove receiver box & lids. Leave everything plugged in. Remove screw on frame for servo mount. Also screw between the two servos. Servo didn't wanna come out. Nice tight mounting tray. Track your servo wire to receiver box. Unplug. Remove servo. Little notch in bottom of wire channel between servos to get the wire out. Plug in New servo & test. Servo good? Yes. Install servo. Power on the truck set the switch to unlocked position leave the truck powered on. The notch in the servo saver has to be put in set to the correct direction. Correct position depends on what servo your changing. Traxxas has a good video on YouTube to show position. Install servo saver horn & spring. The spring on the horn clips into notch in servo saver install screw. Horn should be close to cable end. If not move servo saver 1 tooth. I did. Test swing of servo before hooking cable back up. Then install cable. Test everything good. Put all your stuff back together. Clean up

Hope it helps. That was allot on my phone. LoL! I'll take some pics so you have visual too. Was to busy making sure the little one wasn't stealing my screws to take pics last night. Good luck! You got it!
Old 08-03-2018, 11:27 AM   #186
RCC Addict

Look what I just picked up for the backyard course.... Fo Free! I'm super stoked! Been keeping my eye out for some of this for months now. Persistence payed off! :-)

Old 08-03-2018, 01:23 PM   #187
Rock Crawler

It is very refreshing to see you taking the hobby and turning it into a family activity. I don't have a family of my own so I can only imagine how proud you must feel when you and your family works/play with the RC's. I believe this is more important than "here's what's in my truck"or " my truck can do and that". Not sure if that came across correctly. These are the times The Mud Pie Crew throughout their lives.
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 03:17 PM   #188
RCC Addict

Here's a pic of the servos you can see where the spring sits in the groove on the servo saver by the screw. Second pic is the servo saver tried to get a shot where you can see the notch. Rear servo the notch is pointed to the rear. Front servo the notch is pointed out the right side of the truck. Mine didn't set exactly 90° like video said. You can see in pic that mine is one tooth from 90°. Have any more questions or need other pics just let me know.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #189
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
It is very refreshing to see you taking the hobby and turning it into a family activity. I don't have a family of my own so I can only imagine how proud you must feel when you and your family works/play with the RC's. I believe this is more important than "here's what's in my truck"or " my truck can do and that". Not sure if that came across correctly. These are the times The Mud Pie Crew throughout their lives.
I try to include them in everything I do. They lay under the truck with me for oil changes. Help me in the yard. Even had the 5yr old help me paint the walls. I'm a Jack of all trades & I want my daughter's to be independent & be able to do stuff themselves. What I teach them now will stay with them forever. I love when they're right there with me & that they want to be. That's why I totally dig it seeing other guys getting their kids out in the garage tinkering around. SHUT THE TV & PHONES OFF!!!

Old 08-03-2018, 05:06 PM   #190
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
These are some bad ass pictures! I could spend hours looking at them.
X2

Quote:

Agreed. BLuebirds will require transmitter that can set endpoints (not Traxxas radio) they are much stronger and travel further with same settings. They will burn themselves up if not setup properly.

Quote:
I try to include them in everything I do. They lay under the truck with me for oil changes. Help me in the yard. Even had the 5yr old help me paint the walls. I'm a Jack of all trades & I want my daughter's to be independent & be able to do stuff themselves. What I teach them now will stay with them forever. I love when they're right there with me & that they want to be. That's why I totally dig it seeing other guys getting their kids out in the garage tinkering around. SHUT THE TV & PHONES OFF!!!

Last edited by Natedog; 08-13-2019 at 03:37 PM.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:04 PM   #191
RCC Addict

Unfortunately I couldn't get the sketch High Plains Drifter drew up to work out with the details. Vinyl machine was trying to remove too much & didn't look right at the size I was going for. I may still use it at a bigger size on my new truck. Here's a pic of the new ride that I replaced the S10 (R.I.P.). Also the two logos that I made up for the back window on the Defender. Help me pick which one to go with.

Old 08-09-2018, 07:58 PM   #192
Rock Crawler

I say skeeter beater. Just reminds of that classic song
Old 08-11-2018, 07:39 PM   #193
RCC Addict

Played for about 15 mins at a huge retention pond. No water in it. Just crevices carved into the clay by water. Was a blast. Going back soon for some video.

Old 08-12-2018, 10:41 AM   #194
Quarry Creeper

Looks like a good time

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 05:41 PM   #195
RCC Addict

Had some family craft time today. Made a sleeping bag for the back of my rig. Also made one for Barbie.

Old 08-12-2018, 07:38 PM   #196
RCC Addict

I think that Barbie is having some identity issues. You might want to also get her an appt with Therapist Ken cause um... she appears to have seen some stuff.
Old 08-12-2018, 09:24 PM   #197
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Had some family craft time today. Made a sleeping bag for the back of my rig. Also made one for Barbie.

I really like how those turned plus the way you made it into a family project
Old 08-12-2018, 09:26 PM   #198
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I think that Barbie is having some identity issues. You might want to also get her an appt with Therapist Ken cause um... she appears to have seen some stuff.
maybe its a look of finding out that Therapist Ken is not anatomically correct
Old 08-23-2018, 06:17 PM   #199
RCC Addict

LOL! Some weird not Barbie doll. monster high or something.

Been enjoying the family haven't had a bunch of time crawling the past two weeks. Did go do a little trail running last Thursday. Shot some video will be posting it soon.

Also used the acetone vapor method to remove the stock tires from the rims. Took 3 days but it worked with no issues. Thanks for the tip Mark!

Me & my youngest spent a couple hours together in the garage drilling my bumper, bending & cutting some 3/16" rod. She liked the drill press. She wanted me to drill more lol. Didn't turn out quite as good as I was aiming for, but it'll do for now. Pics Don't mind the mess that is my garage.

Old 08-27-2018, 05:16 AM   #200
RCC Addict

Angry Re: AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure

Yesterday I was playing on the back yard course & the brushes on my motor took a crap. Contactors were hanging out of the holes where you can see the fins. I have a spare motor (Thank you Ernie!) I just have to solder a male xt60 on the spare. I would like to get a new motor, but not sure what way to go. HH is by far the most recommend that I have seen. Just can't afford a price tag like that right now. Looking for suggestions on a good lower budget motor. My rig is mostly used for crawling, but I do like to blast around & do some donuts from time to time. Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 Defender Adventure (and some mudding) Mountainsofbeer Scale Videos! 0 10-10-2017 07:30 PM
My 2.2 TRX-4 Kawirocket674 Traxxas TRX-4 9 07-23-2017 06:19 PM
Montana Scale Adventure Club Adventure Series montana.matt Montana 9 03-17-2010 09:22 AM