Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2018, 08:34 AM   #161
RCC Addict

Default Re: AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure

lol I watched the cave video and it gave me the heebiest of jeebies! Sadly, the only thing that minimizes their presence here is the lack of any rain which is where we're at now... so hot.. so dry. Anyway... I hope that the mud-pie pit crew will be able to be there to lend support ( and extra laces if necessary!). Take care.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2018, 09:48 AM   #162
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Thank you sir! I think I'll do alright in it. We shall see. I'll definitely give you my 2 cents on the comp. I'm extremely excited! Think the wife & the girls are going to come hang with me. Maybe I can talk the wife into videoing some of my run. That's a great name! Lmao! If I ever see that I've ran one over you'll be the first person I send the pic to. LoL! Mosquitos are crazy here bro! A couple times in my cave crawl video you can hear the little bastards. There's at least 20 of them that make an appearance in that video LoL! I'm not gonna let bugs or temperature stop me from having a good time. Spray down with a bunch of essential oils, drink some water & go have fun! Kinda sucks wearing pants & long sleeves in 90° weather to go run, but to me it's worth it.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Not that I have much room to give advice, but the one thing I always tell myself, yet forget to implement when the timer starts is to: slow down, dont rush anything, forget about the timer and run your rig. Just like in my Full size Tacoma I shouldnt rush into anything before knowing why I want to take that line and how I want to end up after taking it. Comps are fun Enjoy the pressure of driving in front of others and set a goal to time out instead of pointing out.

I really need to put that into practice with my Honcho rigs. I am very cautious in my Tacoma but I am wreckless with a scale rig.
odomandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:54 AM   #163
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by odomandr View Post
Not that I have much room to give advice, but the one thing I always tell myself, yet forget to implement when the timer starts is to: slow down, dont rush anything, forget about the timer and run your rig. Just like in my Full size Tacoma I shouldnt rush into anything before knowing why I want to take that line and how I want to end up after taking it. Comps are fun Enjoy the pressure of driving in front of others and set a goal to time out instead of pointing out.

I really need to put that into practice with my Honcho rigs. I am very cautious in my Tacoma but I am wreckless with a scale rig.
Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated! I'm a pretty cool, calm & collected kind of person. I am a (preferred) technical slow crawl type guy. I definitely won't let that timer run me. I use to play amateur A paintball. Traveling all around. I learned back then that you'll get allot farther by slowing down & shooting more precisely. Then the guys just slinging paint down field. Patience is something I've learned not just something I've acquired. Mapping your line in your head before you go at it & having the knowledge of your rigs abilities will always go a long way. Running/building/crawling 1:1 jeeps growing up has helped allot with my RC hobby.

AnimalHippie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 11:08 AM   #164
Quarry Creeper

I have patience some times and other times I lose my focus. working with kids has made me more patient than I ever was before. I wish I could translate that across all settings in my life. I dont ever get frustrated with crawling but sometimes I need to take a step back and focus like I do at work or when I am in my 1:1 Tacoma.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:29 PM   #165
RCC Addict

High Plains drifter, love that mud pie pit crew! I will be calling them that from now on.

Having kids has given me patience. At the same time has tested every mm of my patience :-) gotta love em! I don't think I've been aggravated at crawling. Crawling is my release. So over all I'm totally chill while crawling

Last edited by AnimalHippie; 07-25-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:42 PM   #166
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated! I'm a pretty cool, calm & collected kind of person. I am a (preferred) technical slow crawl type guy. I definitely won't let that timer run me. I use to play amateur A paintball. Traveling all around. I learned back then that you'll get allot farther by slowing down & shooting more precisely. Then the guys just slinging paint down field. Patience is something I've learned not just something I've acquired. Mapping your line in your head before you go at it & having the knowledge of your rigs abilities will always go a long way. Running/building/crawling 1:1 jeeps growing up has helped allot with my RC hobby.

One other thing to remember is if your going to take a reverse make sure you move back far enough to re-adjust your line to make the gate. And one reverse is way better than missing a gate.
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 10:02 PM   #167
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
One other thing to remember is if your going to take a reverse make sure you move back far enough to re-adjust your line to make the gate. And one reverse is way better than missing a gate.
Ernie
In my rushing to beat the timer i usually forget to make my reverses count..... I still have as much if not more fun than everyone else.
Old 07-28-2018, 04:13 PM   #168
RCC Addict

Spent some time playing in the garage with the girls & tinkering on the truck. Installed a windshield. That was driving me nuts. Not the permanent one, but it's good for now. Temporarily mounted Ernie's seat in there for Joss to drive. She's super excited to go tomorrow & that her doll is driving. Made a couple scale bungee cords. Mounted my tool box on the bed. Strapped down my snatch strap. Put the Jack in the bed. I know I added some weight but I think it's worth it. Here's a few pics!

Old 07-29-2018, 05:15 PM   #169
RCC Addict

Had a great time today at the comp! There was about 25 people running. A lot of axial rigs running today. A few Trx-4. A few TF2. Met allot of nice people. I don't know where I placed. Had so much fun hanging with people I didn't even check. Wasn't a serious comp. I like that! More like a fun run. Here's a few pics. Didn't get any video. Phone messed up when I tried. So I figured I'd just pay attention to the course. Mud pie pit crew made it for a while, but couldn't hang in the heat.

Old 07-29-2018, 05:48 PM   #170
RCC Addict

Seems like a good turnout! Understandable that they needed to take a break. I would of been the kid with two sippy-cups and an arm full of juice-boxes. That heat/ humidity can take it's toll pretty quick. Awesome that you focused on the fun and not the score.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:22 PM   #171
Rock Crawler

Congrats on your first time. Fun running is the best times. Takes all the pressure off and let's you enjoy your day. That was great the family could be part of the action also. Keep up the good work.
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 03:56 AM   #172
RCC Addict

Here's a few more pics from the comp on Sunday. My wife had some & some from the RRW KRAWLZONE page. Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 07-31-2018, 07:21 AM   #173
RCC Addict

Talking Re: AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure

Forgot to add that the wife has been asking allot about crawlers since Sunday seeing some moms/wives/girl friends/daughters out there at the comp running their rigs. Super stoked about that! Would be awesome to have her out in the garage & on the course running with me. Don't know if I should start looking for a Trx-4 slider or find her a different brand to try out. Don't know how serious about it she is yet, but there's definitely some interest. I know she wants a 4 door jeep & wants to paint her own body. She seen Ernie's beetle & is now all about the custom paint job. I'm excited to see where this goes. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-31-2018, 08:19 AM   #174
Rock Crawler

Those are some really great pictures especially you with the daughter. Nice to see that it is a family activity and everyone can have fun. Also nice to see your wife is a Jeep girl
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 09:24 AM   #175
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Forgot to add that the wife has been asking allot about crawlers since Sunday seeing some moms/wives/girl friends/daughters out there at the comp running their rigs. Super stoked about that! Would be awesome to have her out in the garage & on the course running with me. Don't know if I should start looking for a Trx-4 slider or find her a different brand to try out. Don't know how serious about it she is yet, but there's definitely some interest. I know she wants a 4 door jeep & wants to paint her own body. She seen Ernie's beetle & is now all about the custom paint job. I'm excited to see where this goes. Hope everyone has a great day!
That's so cool your wife is getting the bug. Crawling is a great segment of the hobby to start out enjoying. No pressure to go faster than the rest of the field and no chance someone running into you and wrecking your stuff. Hope she continues being interested, maybe she would be a star in the crawler world.
penguin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:21 AM   #176
RCC Addict

Whenever I have an image or idea in my head, I just have to get it out so...

Figured it was worth sharing lol
Old 08-01-2018, 06:28 AM   #177
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post

I can deal with those skeeters, it’s the no seeum’s biting midges that are worse here in the Everglades !

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:46 AM   #178
RCC Addict

Quote:

Lmao! That is awesome bro! I love it! I'm going to see if I can make that transfer to vinyl without too much aggravation. Your awesome bro! Thank you! I'm gonna use it if I can get it to work out. Did you do that by hand or a computer program?

Old 08-01-2018, 07:00 AM   #179
RCC Addict

Thanks man!... did it free hand. Didn't intend for it to be used for anything but had the image in my mind so figured I'd draw it up lol. No sweat if it doesn't get used! It's simply fun to doodle or tinker in my spare time. I'm that guy that sees the most normal mundane crap and for no reason, comes up with some weird animated interpretation of it lol. Glad you dig it!
Old 08-01-2018, 07:13 AM   #180
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks man!... did it free hand. Didn't intend for it to be used for anything but had the image in my mind so figured I'd draw it up lol. No sweat if it doesn't get used! It's simply fun to doodle or tinker in my spare time. I'm that guy that sees the most normal mundane crap and for no reason, comes up with some weird animated interpretation of it lol. Glad you dig it!
Well I'm going to try to use it. It's great & right up my alley! I might have to tweek it a bit to get the machine to cut it right. I like to doodle, but mine don't look anywhere near like that. Mine are more like a kindergarten kid's doodles. I draw allot of trippy designs. Mushrooms are my specialty. Almost every page in my work note book has some kind of crazy thing I've drawn while on the phone. Definitely digging it bro! If it comes out good I'll send you a few stickers.

AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 Defender Adventure (and some mudding) Mountainsofbeer Scale Videos! 0 10-10-2017 07:30 PM
My 2.2 TRX-4 Kawirocket674 Traxxas TRX-4 9 07-23-2017 06:19 PM
Montana Scale Adventure Club Adventure Series montana.matt Montana 9 03-17-2010 09:22 AM