Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial Capra

Notices

Thread: Siggy's Capra 1.9 Unlimited Trail Buggy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2019, 11:23 PM   #161
RCC Addict

Default Re: Siggy's Capra 1.9 Unlimited Trail Buggy

Name:  IMG_6561.jpg
Views: 1013
Size:  146.2 KB

Good Standard Size Servo

TORQUE:
68.0 kgf/cm at 6.6V
944.4 ozf/in at 6.6V
74.0 kgf/cm at 7.4V
1027.7 ozf/in at 7.4V
Siggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2019, 02:22 AM   #162
RCC Addict

All wiring laid-down.

Name:  IMG_6565.jpg
Views: 1024
Size:  149.6 KB

Exerted "Best Effort" to keep Wires Short, nicely tucked-in, Neat & Tidy. Oh yeah, RX in the Fuel Box. No Rat Nests.
Old 11-29-2019, 02:57 AM   #163
RCC Addict

Name:  IMG_6567.jpg
Views: 1030
Size:  140.2 KB
Old 11-29-2019, 04:35 AM   #164
RCC Addict

Got a few guys ask why a 17.5T G3R Racing Motor?

Name:  Hobbywing .jpg
Views: 1000
Size:  63.9 KB

Got it! From the chart a the manufacturer clearly suggests a 21.5T or 25.5T for Rock Crawler. And they we absolutely AGREE! And if I may add, Go Quality 3S Lipo.

BUT if you've got a 17.5T lying around doing nothing, Why not ENJOY a Weekend of Rock Crawling.

Just hook-up the Sensor Wire, Set Drag Brake to 100%, charge-up a few packs of 3S Lipo, switch 14T to 9T motor Pinion. And give-in to the urge to "Go Full Throttle" on a Steep Grass, Sand, or Dirt incline -- IF your Drivetrain is SET to Push the Limit. Please don't forget to lower Drag Brake Setting to Zero.

Name:  IMG_6570.jpg
Views: 1013
Size:  167.6 KB

The nice thing about them Brass Portal Cover, is that they do not rotate with the Tires and Don't OverWork the Motor, Battery and ESC. Adding lead weights on the Rims, surely do.
Old 11-29-2019, 08:32 AM   #165

I really dig the front light buckets. Are they or some similars available?
elementti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 10:39 AM   #166
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementti View Post
I really dig the front light buckets. Are they or some similars available?
There are plenty to choose from Tamiya, Traxxas, Generic 4-LED's for various 1/10 Scale Trucks available online and/or LHS. This was for an Old Truck I got but never installed, many years go.

Anyways, you'll some nice & cheap that do all sorts of lighting tricks. Thanks for your Interest and Support. And If I find another, I'll PM you.
Old 12-02-2019, 04:39 PM   #167
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy View Post
Oh Yeah, There transmission comes with a set of very Good Quality Hardware -- Please use them.
These look like they came from the bottom of a lake.

GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 05:23 PM   #168
RCC Addict

Mine did not come with those two flat screws. I used the kit ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #169
RCC Addict

And yes those flat head screws are same size as the kit screws used to secure the the tranny to the skid plate. Anyways, I’ll check with Arthur if he is supplying those two flat head screws and if there is a chance the ones he shipped to you is rusted. Alternatively, Please check the head of the screws as there are markings of the oem supplier same as what you find in the round screws. They are really HD quality screws. If so I will ask Arthur to sort things out for you. Thanks for your interest and support.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:37 PM   #170
Rock Crawler

Those screws came out of the kit. I replaced them with non-garbage screws. I hope the rest don't rust out like these.
GA Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 06:48 PM   #171
RCC Addict

Please take a picture of the flat head screws. If Arthur did supply those there must be the markings. And we can push it back to oem supplier. I see no reason how he would send you rusted screws. You are the only Knt that has complained about this. Please email back Arthur as I have asked him to make sure to double check that all is good. Thanks.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:00 PM   #172
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Dawg View Post
Those screws came out of the kit. I replaced them with non-garbage screws. I hope the rest don't rust out like these.
Oh yeah unless they are stainless steel, you non garbage screws will rust eventually, as well.
Old 12-02-2019, 07:15 PM   #173
I wanna be Dave

Even though I don't personally know Arthur, or Siggy, I'm willing to put the screws that came with my Vitavon transmission housing "to the test". Since I won't be able to build & install it until later in the week, I've got the time.

I'm about to head out for a few hours, but, before I go, I will take two of the bottom screws, and place them in water. When I get home, I'll take one of the screws out, and, workout drying it off, place it on a piece of plastic (this, it won't absorb the water). I'll check them every morning & evening, over the next few days, to see if any rust, no matter how minute, appears. Good, or bad, I will report the findings.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 07:17 PM   #174
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I used a KNK screw kit. The stock ones ended up in the trash.
punkindrublik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 11:16 PM   #175
RCC Addict

Quote:
These look like they came from the bottom of a lake.

OK. Sincerest apologies for all the trouble. I just got out from Hospital and managed to speak to Arthur regarding this problem. I asked Arthur to send you the screws. Please PM me or Email Directly via Ebay so Arthur can ship Today.

Again My Sincerest Apologies, and Thank you for your Interest and Support.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:33 PM   #176
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Even though I don't personally know Arthur, or Siggy, I'm willing to put the screws that came with my Vitavon transmission housing "to the test". Since I won't be able to build & install it until later in the week, I've got the time.

I'm about to head out for a few hours, but, before I go, I will take two of the bottom screws, and place them in water. When I get home, I'll take one of the screws out, and, workout drying it off, place it on a piece of plastic (this, it won't absorb the water). I'll check them every morning & evening, over the next few days, to see if any rust, no matter how minute, appears. Good, or bad, I will report the findings.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place

Thanks for your Support. I managed to speak to Arthur to confirm if he did include flat head screws as I did NOT have them in mine. He said yes and we agreed to just quickly post them flat head screws to get GA DAWG all-set with our sincerest Apologies for all the Trouble. Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik View Post
I used a KNK screw kit. The stock ones ended up in the trash.
Name:  IMG_6581.jpeg
Views: 865
Size:  118.2 KB

This is the picture of the OEM Screws. They are HD Quality BUT we cannot guarantee that they will not Rust. I have asked Arthur to please make sure the ones he ship are free from Rust.

Sincerest apologies for the Trouble and/or Hassle. We honestly do not know how this happened, but accept responsibility for the Oversight.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:45 PM   #177
I wanna be Dave

Personally, I don't care if the included screws rust. To those reading this, please, don't to into me for what I just said. I'm not saying that because I "don't care"...I do care, as it affects others who received the Vitavon tranny housing. When I say "I don't care", what I mean is, I'm still doing the 'water test' (as mentioned in my previous post), plus I was already planning on ordering the KNK screw kit. In other words, whether the included screws rust, or not, I'll still be letting Siggy (and others) know the results of my "test", and I'll still be getting the KNK screw kit.

I haven't checked the KNK site just yet, but, if they carry them, I'm actually placing on ordering screw kits for my other vehicles (TF2 'LWB', Trail King Pro, etc), as well...again, for the kits they carry screw kits for. I'll stick with the Ti screw kits I use for my off-road race vehicles, but, based on input from several people here on RCC, I've gotten the "feeling" that, when it comes to crawlers, the KNK screw kits are one of the, if not THE, best.

Old 12-03-2019, 12:02 AM   #178
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy View Post
Thanks for your Support. I managed to speak to Arthur to confirm if he did include flat head screws as I did NOT have them in mine. He said yes and we agreed to just quickly post them flat head screws to get GA DAWG all-set with our sincerest Apologies for all the Trouble. Thank You!

This is the picture of the OEM Screws. They are HD Quality BUT we cannot guarantee that they will not Rust. I have asked Arthur to please make sure the ones he ship are free from Rust.

Sincerest apologies for the Trouble and/or Hassle. We honestly do not know how this happened, but accept responsibility for the Oversight.
If I'm not mistaken, I think DAWG was talking about the Enduro kit screws, not the transmission screws. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
punkindrublik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:21 AM   #179
RCC Addict

When installing the bearing on the Brass Portal Cover, Please do not force/pound. It can/will break/damage the bearing. The Part is precision machined and by design bearing should sit nice and hold firm. Please use a clamp.

Name:  IMG_6583.jpg
Views: 871
Size:  153.1 KB
Old 12-03-2019, 07:27 PM   #180
I wanna be Dave

Honestly, I don't know why others are having any problems with the brass portal covers. The hardest part was removing the small bearings from the plastic portal covers. As for the brass portal covers, the bearings slid in as smooth as butter.

Siggy's Capra 1.9 Unlimited Trail Buggy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
💥IN STOCK NOW💥 NEW Axial Racing Capra 1.9 Unlimited Trail Buggy Builders Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 09-27-2019 09:29 AM
PRE-ORDER NOW the NEW Axial Racing Capra 1.9 Unlimited Trail Buggy Builders Kit! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 09-12-2019 10:43 AM
Class-3 W.E. Rock Unlimited Buggy build kona_joe 2.2 Scale Rigs 12 12-06-2015 09:05 PM
Siggy's RC4WD Trail Finder 2 Siggy RC4WD Trail Finder 2 21 02-21-2012 10:51 AM