Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Axial Brand Scale Rock Crawlers > Axial SCX-10

Notices

Thread: Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 12:30 AM   #121
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Proje

Nice job VP did, but it looks like it eliminates just about all servo winches.

Good thing I got a quicksand.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2013, 02:05 AM   #122
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Proje

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
Nice job VP did, but it looks like it eliminates just about all servo winches.

Good thing I got a quicksand.
you could still use a servo winch you'll just have to route the line on the passenger side of the servo. But I'm like you Quicksand winch is going on this bad boy.
nissan_driver24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:24 AM   #123
Pebble Pounder

Any issues running CMS with 4 link?
Antisimplistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #124
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antisimplistic View Post
I'm not running 4 link with CMS. The CMS comes with a Panhard bar which then is 3 linked. I wouldn't suggest 4 link with cms due to the fact you get mad bump steer and steering angle can be compromised during flex.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #125
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Just all the usual problems with running front four link and cms. This is why you run three link with cms.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:54 PM   #126
I wanna be Dave

2 questions-

What servo clamps are those?

No nuts on the steering links?
Old 03-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #127
Pebble Pounder

Any timeframe for the release of this VP upgrade?
Old 03-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #128
Rock Crawler

Quote:
2 questions-

What servo clamps are those?

No nuts on the steering links?
I have no clue what the servo clamps are from (They were sitting in my tool box) but I know there are other companies that makes them.

Yup no nuts on the steering links, just loctite and cure time and they aren't going anywhere.

Quote:
Any timeframe for the release of this VP upgrade?
Should be soon but I don't have an exact date. Sorry
Old 03-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #129
Moderator Rule Breaker

Quote:
What servo clamps are those ?
Those would be RcBros. I wish he started making them again!

Nissan, Do you know why VP went with horizon mounting the servo rather than length of the chassis ?

Last edited by eric113; 03-28-2013 at 01:58 PM.
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:04 PM   #130
I wanna be Dave

Yes the QuickSand winch is the way to go

Rob
Attached Images

Krawler Konceptz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #131
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric113 View Post
Those would be RcBros. I wish he started making them again!

Nissan, Do you know why VP went with horizon mounting the servo rather than length of the chassis ?
Thank You for the info, I believe VP went with the crossmemeber servo mount rather than the length (Hand Bros style) because it keeps the servo out of the axle way during flex, better servo throw, and crossmember keeps the frame very rigid in the front end. It's a very nice piece, and no need for a aluminium servo stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Konceptz View Post
Yes the QuickSand winch is the way to go

Rob
Trust me Rob I totally agree I have two being used, one on my G6 ride and my woman G6 ride. The third one is going on the JK.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #132
I wanna be Dave

yep I have another QuickSand here for the wife's rig. Is the cms going to offered in black? Waiting for Vp cms to be released

Rob
Old 03-28-2013, 04:59 PM   #133
RCC Addict

>< by the looks of it the VP CMS kit is going to be currie axle exclusive? Looks great though =) plus how do I get my hands on a quicksand winch....seems like production has stopped due to time constraints/personal matters. All in all, great looking rig
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #134
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
>< by the looks of it the VP CMS kit is going to be currie axle exclusive? Looks great though =) plus how do I get my hands on a quicksand winch....seems like production has stopped due to time constraints/personal matters. All in all, great looking rig
The cms should work with the whole currie line and the upper mount should work with if you want to use Vp's AR60 cms axle mount to put AR60's under you scx10 chassis. For the QuickSand winches keep an eye open in the for sale section and have plenty (ok lots)of funds in your Paypal. They go quick and are not cheap.
Not trying to hijack your thread.
Rob
Old 03-28-2013, 05:16 PM   #135
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

Not sure the you got the whole answer on exclusivity. Pretty obviouse on compatability with alum currie line. I think the question on everyones mind is; can I buy the CMS kit for my stock plastic axles?
Salojac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:46 PM   #136
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The cms kit that I have is for the Currie axles but you would only have to change two things really to make it work for any other axle you may have. (panhard bar and lower panhard link) Neil the person that is making the Quicksand winches has had personal issues so he hasn't made or done anything for a while now, last time I talked to him he asked me to post online that he was planning on coming back within a week if things got better but obviously it hasn't and that was over a month ago. Just be patient they are well worth the wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawler Konceptz View Post
The cms should work with the whole currie line and the upper mount should work with if you want to use Vp's AR60 cms axle mount to put AR60's under you scx10 chassis. For the QuickSand winches keep an eye open in the for sale section and have plenty (ok lots)of funds in your Paypal. They go quick and are not cheap.
Not trying to hijack your thread.
Rob
Agreed QS winches online sell for a lot more than they are originally due to the fact they aren't currently being sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salojac View Post
Not sure the you got the whole answer on exclusivity. Pretty obviouse on compatability with alum currie line. I think the question on everyones mind is; can I buy the CMS kit for my stock plastic axles?
As of right now I don't know if VP will be doing a CMS on a stock axle but in the mean time the parts could easily be modified to work with stock plastic axles with a little time and effort.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:14 AM   #137
Rock Crawler

Time for another update!!! This took me hours and hours to do but I think it came out alright, sad part is I'm not done yet. Anyways were wiring lights!

It started like this

After what seemed like a million hours.

Going backwards my good friend Zonkerd (Elio) hooked me up with some Axial Jeep JK light buckets that came from his Wraith Currie Jeep JK. So I could make some real headlights. Using the light bucket of a Integy 4 row light bar I took 2 of the 4 individual buckets to use to house my crazy headlights I used epoxy to mount it to the ring and I had to carefully ream the hole the size of the optics. Each Integy bucket houses two LEDs one is a small 3mm blue led for a halo light and a Cree LED for my headlights.

So which leads me to show you guys what it looks like right now.

I used an Exo Terra rear light bar to house some LEDS, I'm not sure if I like or not yet but it was a good way to add more LEDs in the back. I also installed the Dinky RC rear tail light buckets, I tossed the front end stuff all together cause it doesn't work with the VP cms setup (servo would hit it)

What may seem like a small update of just installing Lights seem like years to do because there are so many wires to deal with. Also the headlight setup alone took several times of trial and error. Let me know what you guys think.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:25 AM   #138
I wanna be Dave

Wow, awesome wiring job. Everything looks terrific, but I'm not really feeling the exo bar.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:51 AM   #139
I wanna be Dave

The lighting and the wiring turned out perfectly! Very clean work!

X2 on the exo bar. DTP opened my eyes. It's not horrible, but seems out of place for the build.

Last edited by Bulldog; 03-29-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #140
Pebble Pounder

First class work! What wire wrap are you using?

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial-scx-10/423278-phams-vp-axial-scx-10-jk-jeep-wrangler-unlmited-rubicon-unlimited-budget-project.html
Posted By For Type Date
RCFansÒ£¿ØÃÔ|RCFansÂÛ̳ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 02-28-2013 06:13 PM
RCFansÒ£¿ØÃÔ|RCFansÂÛ̳ - Powered by Discuz! This thread Refback 02-28-2013 01:22 AM

Pham's VP Axial SCX-10 JK Jeep Wrangler Unlmited Rubicon - Unlimited Budget Project - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rubi_con_Arni - Axial Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon perseus71 Axial SCX-10 79 08-11-2015 11:44 PM
Axial SCX10 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon jason Scale Videos! 16 11-03-2013 09:27 AM
Axial SCX10 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - AX90028 BENDER Axial SCX-10 379 07-02-2013 10:57 PM
Axial Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited #2 Rivas Concepts Scale Videos! 0 12-17-2012 10:48 AM
New Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Axial Promo Vid B94Cast Scale Videos! 0 10-30-2012 12:20 PM