LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2020, 06:47 PM   #821
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Rant Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
Brussel Sprouts.

Can’t stand them.

Love them steamed, smothered in garlic butter and sprinkled with Mrs Dash. Grow my own too.
Mike Flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2020, 06:49 PM   #822
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Flea View Post
Love them steamed, smothered in garlic butter and sprinkled with Mrs Dash. Grow my own too.

🤮

You can have mine. 🤣
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 07:05 PM   #823
I wanna be Dave

If you need to add more than 1 ingredient to a simple dish to make it edible then you don't like the dish, you like the bs you're drowning it in.

My ex wife says she loves coffee but half the cup is creamer and sugar, same with sweet potatoes, it's all brown sugar and butter.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:06 PM   #824
RCC Addict

I dont wear masks either. Only time I have worn one is for a VA appointment because it was required and it took me months to get the appointment. Our Costco membership lapsed and I'm not renewing it until the mask requirement is over. I wont patronize any business that requires it either, as long as there is another option in place. We have been living about as normal as we can. Took a few road trips/short vacations. I refuse to live in fear, cowering in my home. I feel as though I am responsible for my health, as is everyone else. I wash my hands often and don't touch my face.

If I was sick, I'd stay home. If I HAD to go out while sick, I would wear a mask. There are people out there who would not be that considerate, so I do think those who are in constant close contact with a lot of people (barbers) or people who are handling food should wear them, but most other people should just stay the hell out of people's faces and wash their hands often.

Brussel Sprouts are good with garlic, butter, salt, and pepper. Or if you're doing a crawfish boil, toss them in at the end. Those little bastards soak up a lot of spice!
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:37 AM   #825
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
I dont wear masks either. Only time I have worn one is for a VA appointment because it was required and it took me months to get the appointment. Our Costco membership lapsed and I'm not renewing it until the mask requirement is over. I wont patronize any business that requires it either, as long as there is another option in place. We have been living about as normal as we can. Took a few road trips/short vacations. I refuse to live in fear, cowering in my home. I feel as though I am responsible for my health, as is everyone else. I wash my hands often and don't touch my face.

If I was sick, I'd stay home. If I HAD to go out while sick, I would wear a mask. There are people out there who would not be that considerate, so I do think those who are in constant close contact with a lot of people (barbers) or people who are handling food should wear them, but most other people should just stay the hell out of people's faces and wash their hands often.

Brussel Sprouts are good with garlic, butter, salt, and pepper. Or if you're doing a crawfish boil, toss them in at the end. Those little bastards soak up a lot of spice!
I have had two doctors appointments in the last two weeks where masks were required. I just feel silly wearing them.

Actually, brussel sprouts have a lot of great nutrients and are really good for you. Especially if you grind them up and put them in the garden to feed the plants that make the good tasting vegetables.
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:30 AM   #826
Gold Star Baby!

This guy sums up my thoughts on it, I try and wear a mask anytime I go indoors where there’s a large group, so basically any stores. I don’t when I’m outside crawling though, and just try to keep distance from anyone that shows up. I largely avoid going inside places if I can which is easy because I’m a homebody anyway, the thing I miss the most aside from sportsball and live music is being able to go to a bar every once in a while to get out of the house and wind down after a long day of work. Bars are open here but to me it’s not worth it while we’re on the cusp of a second wave.

With that in mind, I don’t judge people who don’t wear them. That’s their choice and risk. I will judge people who judge other people for wearing them though, what’s the point? Even a half worn mask is more effective than your whining about someone else’s decision to wear one. This just seems like a total Trumpet move to continue to make it into a political stance instead of a personal health decision.
Attached Images

Last edited by Topher Builds; 06-19-2020 at 10:37 AM.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:35 AM   #827
Gold Star Baby!

Real purpose of my coming to the rant thread, this is winding down the first week of being demoted. While my responsibilities are more focused and less executive in general, the new role I’m taking is backfilling 3 different positions that were vacated in the same move, so my overall workload has increased quite a bit. I’m happy to have a job and still be able to work from home, but after a week of turning in 12-14 hour days all week for less money it’s been a tough pill to swallow.

Here’s to hoping things get back to “normal” soon.
Old 06-19-2020, 02:02 PM   #828
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topher Builds View Post
I will judge people who judge other people for wearing them though, what’s the point?
The only people I judge wearing them are the ones that are driving down the road ALONE! Well I don't judge them I just
$uicide $hift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 02:39 PM   #829
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
This guy sums up my thoughts on it, I try and wear a mask anytime I go indoors where there’s a large group, so basically any stores.
As a matter of habit I avoid crowded places. I do my shopping fairly early in the morning so I have the place to myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $uicide $hift View Post
The only people I judge wearing them are the ones that are driving down the road ALONE! Well I don't judge them I just
So, the idea behind the wearing of the facemask in the car is to not disturb the germs that have collected on the face mask. This is, of course, flawed logic. As I understand it, these people will get home, get out of their car, carefully remove their facemask, and disinfect it before they go into their homes. Somehow, this magic 12 square inch shield collects all of the nar-do-well germs, and none of these germs get collected on to the 10+ square feet of fabric they are wearing as clothes.
Old 06-19-2020, 06:09 PM   #830
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Real purpose of my coming to the rant thread, this is winding down the first week of being demoted. While my responsibilities are more focused and less executive in general, the new role I’m taking is backfilling 3 different positions that were vacated in the same move, so my overall workload has increased quite a bit. I’m happy to have a job and still be able to work from home, but after a week of turning in 12-14 hour days all week for less money it’s been a tough pill to swallow.

Here’s to hoping things get back to “normal” soon.
So they cut how much they’re paying you, but making you do the work of 2 more people at the same time.......that’s bullchit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
As a matter of habit I avoid crowded places. I do my shopping fairly early in the morning so I have the place to myself.

So, the idea behind the wearing of the facemask in the car is to not disturb the germs that have collected on the face mask. This is, of course, flawed logic. As I understand it, these people will get home, get out of their car, carefully remove their facemask, and disinfect it before they go into their homes. Somehow, this magic 12 square inch shield collects all of the nar-do-well germs, and none of these germs get collected on to the 10+ square feet of fabric they are wearing as clothes.
I’ll be honest, only time my mask leaves the car is when I go in someplace or if I’m going to someplace in another vehicle. My 200
Is painted black and has black cloth interior, should just bake the virus to death when the car is parked
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 04:32 AM   #831
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
So they cut how much they’re paying you, but making you do the work of 2 more people at the same time.......that’s bullchit
Pretty much. But it’s actually 7 people, that held one of 3 different positions/titles. The idea was that we’d be slow and they’d trim the team down till things pick up and then start moving people back up, but I don’t think they planned on as being as busy as we were this week.

Which is good because if it keeps going they may be able to bring some people back up sooner than later and I’ll get some help, and perhaps eventually back to my old role, but on the flip side in order for that to happen we basically need to get our butts kicked so they know the volume is sustainable before committing to all that salary of a larger group again. Tough place to be. Damn COVID.
Old 06-20-2020, 06:33 AM   #832
I wanna be Dave

Seriously!!!!

Why in the world do people put raisins in coleslaw? Don't get me wrong, I like raisins, I like coleslaw, but putting them together is like rocky road being put on top of a filet mignon.

This is the same with pineapple on pizza. I like pizza, I like pineapple, but not together... Come on people, what is the matter with you?!?
Old 06-23-2020, 07:09 PM   #833
Rock Stacker

Race baiting and hypocrisy can’t stand it. Jusiy Smollett,NASCAR ,Bubba Wallace and Jimmy Kimmel.
Mopar man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 06:38 AM   #834
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
Seriously!!!!

Why in the world do people put raisins in coleslaw? Don't get me wrong, I like raisins, I like coleslaw, but putting them together is like rocky road being put on top of a filet mignon.

This is the same with pineapple on pizza. I like pizza, I like pineapple, but not together... Come on people, what is the matter with you?!?
The ONLY thing I will eat with raisins in it is oatmeal-raisin cookies. Other than that, I have no use for raisins. Or coleslaw, for that matter...

Pineapple on pizza is an abomination.
skinnyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 07:20 AM   #835
I wanna be Dave

Pineapple on pizza is fawking delicious. Don't like it then stick to your boring, basic biatch pepperoni like the rest of the idiots.

The idiot governor of my state has called for requiring masks in public businesses starting Friday. We haven't had any outbreaks of note but he's following along with his girlfriend from down south newsom.
Old 06-24-2020, 10:35 AM   #836
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Pineapple on pizza is fawking delicious. Don't like it then stick to your boring, basic biatch pepperoni like the rest of the idiots.

The idiot governor of my state has called for requiring masks in public businesses starting Friday. We haven't had any outbreaks of note but he's following along with his girlfriend from down south newsom.
Much like CA, WA state government is spineless and witless, and that is the way the libby/leftie elite like them.

With that, new rant...
I take this whole COIVD thing with a grain of salt, but also with a reasonable amount of due diligence and caution. At work I keep my distance from other people, and have taken a couple of days off during this "crisis" when the pollen has annoyed my sinuses. Yesterday I come into the office and my office mate, one of Eastern Washington's fines ME graduates (almost knows how to spell "ME"), says he has a cold. We have giant signs plastered all over this facility that say "IF YOU ARE SICK, DO NOT ENTER THE COMPLEX". But, this turd thinks he is so important that COVID rules do not apply to him. Luckily, he was sent home, and is now on a 2-week break. After he left I punched holes in five cans of Lysol and toss them into my office.

The upside is that he pissed off the bosses, not only be coming in, but also by his attitude when they told him that he had to leave and not come back for two weeks. He is a smoker, and all-around unsanitary person, so not someone I like sharing quarters with. The office space is actually part of my lab, so I think he might have gotten himself moved to another space when he returns. Fingers crossed.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:39 PM   #837
I wanna be Dave

Pineapples and capicola ham on my pizzas!

I need to rant.... fawking V.A. !!! I've been in the process of buying my 1st house, a foreclosure that needs some love on the inside, all cosmetic. Closing was set for tomorrow. Everything was set and ready to go, underwriting was just waiting on the douche bag of an appraiser to send her damn report.

The appraisal came in on Monday at 10K more than I'm borrowing and the report notes read " no lender repairs required " then under writing notices that she assigned a C5 condition rating for the property. Underwriting needs a C4 or better. ( for a quick idea, C1- C6 is a condition grading of a properties overall condition. C1 is brand new, new construction, C6 is a dilapidated building that a crack head wouldn't piss in.)

For the past 3 days, no one can get this twit to spell out what she didn't like since no repairs was noted and the property assessed for more than the loan value. Apparently shes an independent contractor for MD home appraisals and contracts with the VA for their version of an appraisal, so there's no boss in an office to call to get her to provide details. Myself, my real estate agent, the mortgage broker, the underwriting lawyer, the listing agent- she wouldn't return any calls to anyone.

The closing date for tomorrow has been postponed to an unknown date. My lease is up on June 30th so I have to be out of the place I've lived for the past 5 years with no house to move into. Ive been trying to find a 1 month rental but no luck, between the Covid virus ( which I completely understand) and just a general lack of short term housing available in my area, there's just nothing available to me, I'm in a bad spot. Why am I infuriated with the V.A again? there's absolutely NOTHING in place as a means to get someone to get in touch with the appraiser, the V.A just does what it wants, however it wants to and has absolutely no accountability for it's actions or its agents actions. You simply can not get anyone within the V.A to try to help at all to solve the issue but they'd be more than happy to assign another appraiser to come out and charge me another $525 for another appraisal. WTF ????????????????

I have to deal with their VA Health system for a service connected issue, it's worse than going to the MVA and Post Office in one afternoon. This is just another branch of the dysfunctional system that just evaporates money faster than congress can appropriate it for them.

So, I have no idea what I'm going to do for short term housing. An extended stay hotel will cost about $700/week, so that;s out of the question. There's no immediate family to stay with, no friends with extra room and again everyone is still on edge with the covid crud that's still spreading around MD every since the state opended back up.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 09:01 PM   #838
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
Pineapples and capicola ham on my pizzas!

I need to rant.... fawking V.A. !!! I've been in the process of buying my 1st house, a foreclosure that needs some love on the inside, all cosmetic. Closing was set for tomorrow. Everything was set and ready to go, underwriting was just waiting on the douche bag of an appraiser to send her damn report.

The appraisal came in on Monday at 10K more than I'm borrowing and the report notes read " no lender repairs required " then under writing notices that she assigned a C5 condition rating for the property. Underwriting needs a C4 or better. ( for a quick idea, C1- C6 is a condition grading of a properties overall condition. C1 is brand new, new construction, C6 is a dilapidated building that a crack head wouldn't piss in.)

For the past 3 days, no one can get this twit to spell out what she didn't like since no repairs was noted and the property assessed for more than the loan value. Apparently shes an independent contractor for MD home appraisals and contracts with the VA for their version of an appraisal, so there's no boss in an office to call to get her to provide details. Myself, my real estate agent, the mortgage broker, the underwriting lawyer, the listing agent- she wouldn't return any calls to anyone.

The closing date for tomorrow has been postponed to an unknown date. My lease is up on June 30th so I have to be out of the place I've lived for the past 5 years with no house to move into. Ive been trying to find a 1 month rental but no luck, between the Covid virus ( which I completely understand) and just a general lack of short term housing available in my area, there's just nothing available to me, I'm in a bad spot. Why am I infuriated with the V.A again? there's absolutely NOTHING in place as a means to get someone to get in touch with the appraiser, the V.A just does what it wants, however it wants to and has absolutely no accountability for it's actions or its agents actions. You simply can not get anyone within the V.A to try to help at all to solve the issue but they'd be more than happy to assign another appraiser to come out and charge me another $525 for another appraisal. WTF ????????????????

I have to deal with their VA Health system for a service connected issue, it's worse than going to the MVA and Post Office in one afternoon. This is just another branch of the dysfunctional system that just evaporates money faster than congress can appropriate it for them.

So, I have no idea what I'm going to do for short term housing. An extended stay hotel will cost about $700/week, so that;s out of the question. There's no immediate family to stay with, no friends with extra room and again everyone is still on edge with the covid crud that's still spreading around MD every since the state opended back up.
That sucks!!! I am on my 2nd VA loan, and both had no issues. Have no idea if this is true or not, but I have heard that one of the big factors is the condition of the roof, and the rest of the house can be held up with termites holding hands.

Also, I have not had to go to the VA for any of my service-connected issues. It might be because I am on retiree Tricare. I have heard that no matter what you go in for, by the time you are done you feel like you are going to die of a heart attack. Hopefully they pull their heads out and get you the help you need.

New rant...

Got all set up to start a new RC project, and realized that I forgot to buy beer... Son of a .... !

Old Rant...

Seriously, pine apple on a pizza. Were you people raised by retarded wolves?
Hard and fast rules for pie: No fruit (other than tomatoes, or course, and only in the sauce), no fish, and no frackin' jalapenos. Again, I like jalapenos, they are awesome on a taco salad, but not on a pie... COMMON PEOPLE, get your shit together!!!

Last edited by Greatscott; 06-24-2020 at 09:06 PM.
Old 06-25-2020, 01:43 AM   #839
I wanna be Dave

Taco pizza with refried beans and salsa as the sauce with tortilla chips, sour cream, jalapenos, shredded cheese and guacamole is absolutely gawdammed delicious. Don't like it, don't eat it.
Old 06-25-2020, 03:42 AM   #840
Rock Crawler

Why is it that when you expect a parcel you dont care much about the delivery guy is always there early in the morning, and usually you have just been sleeping a few hours.
And when you are AMPED up about a parcel to arrive and you sit waiting for the delivery guy since 8 in the morning, and then he show up in the afternoon.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Rant Thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Nirtorcx/Exceed Rant thread CTRC Chit Chat 3 08-09-2012 07:36 AM
just a little rant spyderwebbcustoms Chit Chat 18 12-12-2010 06:18 PM
Got to RANT 01XJ Chit Chat 26 04-17-2009 08:42 PM
[Rant] I hate Western Digital [/rant] FrankyRizzo Chit Chat 41 05-03-2007 03:29 PM
3:35 AM rant... radishkid Chit Chat 6 08-05-2006 08:30 AM