Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 07:18 AM   #361
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawling Dutch View Post
Haha Well it is not a nitro boat!
It has a Zenoah (thank God) but in the boat scene, they want you to be able to shut the engine of with the transmitter. Also handy when your boat flips! that way the amount of water IN the engine won't be as much... So the engine runs steady because of the position of the servo. If you hit the break the engine will drop in revs and stops.
With a normal servo, you throttle and break (1/6 scale cars).
But on a boat, it is not handy that when you break by accident, the engine stops. So I want to be able to throttle as in a normal rc car, but when i accidently hit the break the servo doesn't move backwards. That should only happen when I push a button...

Hope it is a bit more clear know!

I'll check the manual again, but the last time I couldn't work it out.... If anyone knows how to make this set up work, feel free to post it!

I use the AT-Start (engine cut) function on my 3PK for my boat with an RCMK. Basically when you push a button it puts the servo to a preset location that is not dependant on the EPA's. That way you can adjust the EPA's so you don't kill the engine by accident.
engineerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2009, 03:16 PM   #362

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoodie View Post
For stopping the motor, I see two options.

1. Use the engine stop switch
  2. Close the carburator
Do you have and use a stop switch on your motor?
Good options but I can't swim that fast!

BUT this morning I took some time alone with my 4PK and I think that I've got it!!

The boat is currently under construction but in the 'servo view' things are working so I guess it will also work for real. If anyone wants to know HOW... then I'll look up what I did and write it here?....
Crawling Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:27 PM   #363
Quarry Creeper

I picked up the 4PK a little over a week ago but just now found this thread. While the tread is amazing for getting me set up I am having an issue with the receiver. I thought I had in bound but now the receiver gets an error about 20 seconds after powering up the truck. I tried re-binding it but it didn't seem to work. I am hnestly a bit of a newbie to 2.4 radios so if you have asuggestion please help me out.
MikeyBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:58 PM   #364
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBike View Post
I picked up the 4PK a little over a week ago but just now found this thread. While the tread is amazing for getting me set up I am having an issue with the receiver. I thought I had in bound but now the receiver gets an error about 20 seconds after powering up the truck. I tried re-binding it but it didn't seem to work. I am hnestly a bit of a newbie to 2.4 radios so if you have asuggestion please help me out.
Make sure that your radio is using the C2 mode. It should be under the RX SYS menu or something like that. This is all from memory.

If you still can't get it to work then sending it into Hobby Services is your best bet. They will get you turned around quickly.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:35 PM   #365
Quarry Creeper

Opps, I had it set to digital servos and it was shutting down on me. No that I have it set to normal mode it works amazing. Your set-up tips are perfect also. I followed everything and set it up in about 10 minutes. Nice work.
MikeyBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 12:32 AM   #366
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyBike View Post
Opps, I had it set to digital servos and it was shutting down on me. No that I have it set to normal mode it works amazing. Your set-up tips are perfect also. I followed everything and set it up in about 10 minutes. Nice work.
Glad to hear it. If you need anything else let me know if I can help
Old 08-26-2009, 12:57 AM   #367
20K Club

Look whats coming for my 4PK!

Should be printing tomorrow

Freq E will be doing some other 4PK skins too, watch out for them or drop him a line for a custom one. Good work isn't free though
Old 08-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #368
Rock Stacker

Quote:
OPTION

If you want you can program one of the push buttons to be an automatic dig button. It will go right from 4WD to Dig as long as you HOLD the button down.

To do this go to the SWTCH menu

Select a switch that is easiest for you, I selected PS1 which is right underneath the steering wheel. Set it to CH3

THATS IT! Now when ever you press and hold this button the transmission will automatically go strait to lock (as soon as you release the button it will go back to 4wd even if you had it in freewheel before). The SRV-VIEW will help illustrate exactly what is happening
I use a 3pks, I havent had any luck making it do this...if I program it to the PS1 button, the channel does not return to neutral position, it acts more like a 2 way...either all high or low? Is there a way to make it act like a 3 way momentary switch?
slimeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 03:05 PM   #369
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimeball View Post
I use a 3pks, I havent had any luck making it do this...if I program it to the PS1 button, the channel does not return to neutral position, it acts more like a 2 way...either all high or low? Is there a way to make it act like a 3 way momentary switch?
The buttons are 2 pos. the dials can do about anything. Either of the three dials around the wheel make nice 3 pos switches. You can also turn the wheel mount to put the switch/dials where ya want them.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #370
Rock Stacker

ya I understand that part, I wanted to make my dig on a momentary switch-press and hold it activates the dig and when I let it go it shuts it off..is this possible for both front and rear dig?
slimeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #371
Quarry Creeper

I have a 3PKS and want to upgrade to 4PK. I have a MOA LCC
1. Can i still use my 3chnl RX?
2. If yes, can i assign chnl 4 for throttle and chnl 2 & 3 for f & r escs?
3. If yes, will i loss functionality compared to 4 chnl RX?
axelram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:17 PM   #372
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelram View Post
I have a 3PKS and want to upgrade to 4PK. I have a MOA LCC
1. Can i still use my 3chnl RX?
2. If yes, can i assign chnl 4 for throttle and chnl 2 & 3 for f & r escs?
3. If yes, will i loss functionality compared to 4 chnl RX?
Yes you can still use the 3ch RX but you can only use channels 1, 2 and 3 on the 4PK then. If you want 4ch control you need the 4ch rx.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #373
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
Yes you can still use the 3ch RX but you can only use channels 1, 2 and 3 on the 4PK then. If you want 4ch control you need the 4ch rx.
Wait, 3PKS. So are you usinga Spektrum RX? If yes than NO you cannot use the RX. If it is not the FASST RX then it will not work.
Old 09-13-2009, 01:20 PM   #374
20K Club

Check out the table here for what RX's will work: http://2.4gigahertz.com/modules/modules-receivers.html
Old 09-13-2009, 01:52 PM   #375
Quarry Creeper

hey harley i need your help on my rig
here what i have
4pk
duel fxrs
and a winch
i had it set up like your thread 3 and 4 ch was escs mixed but i add a winch and could not opperate it on the 2ch so i switched escs to 2 and 4 and winch on the 3 ch but cant controle my escs like i did when they where on 3 and 4
need your help
thanks
Rock Logic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:56 PM   #376
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by falloout View Post
hey harley i need your help on my rig
here what i have
4pk
duel fxrs
and a winch
i had it set up like your thread 3 and 4 ch was escs mixed but i add a winch and could not opperate it on the 2ch so i switched escs to 2 and 4 and winch on the 3 ch but cant controle my escs like i did when they where on 3 and 4
need your help
thanks
If you added the winch then what I would do is use this setup: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

And then setup the winch on Channel 4. You will not be able to use rear dig like you did before because that setup required all 4 channels (even though nothing is plugged into channel 2 it is still being used to control 3 and 4).

Use this to setup your winch on channel 4: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help
Old 09-13-2009, 02:11 PM   #377
Quarry Creeper

do you have a thread on it to show how to ? on that setup
Old 09-13-2009, 02:18 PM   #378
20K Club

Quote:
do you have a thread on it to show how to ? on that setup
Sorry grabbed the wrong one: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help
Old 09-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #379
Quarry Creeper

is there one for rear dig?
Old 09-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #380
20K Club

Quote:
is there one for rear dig?
Huh, I guess that wasn't the setup I was thinking it was.

With your setup now you will have to control the rear dig with the steering wheel. Just set your PMix 2 up to have the master as ST and the SLV as CH3. Set the values to +100 right and -100 left. This is so that the rear wheels spin forward no matter what way you turn. If I have time tonight I will do a full write up and video of the 4PK with dual ESC and winch.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM