Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics
Loading

Notices

Thread: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2014, 08:26 AM   #2121
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: under a rock and a hard place
Posts: 5,443
Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Are the esc's calibrated to the radio ? Does the rx type match what the tx says ?The tx will default to sf or fh, cant remember for sure. Just throwing out simple ideas. Hope it helps.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2014, 06:44 PM   #2122
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chino Hills
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
Are the esc's calibrated to the radio ? Does the rx type match what the tx says ?The tx will default to sf or fh, cant remember for sure. Just throwing out simple ideas. Hope it helps.

Yes - Yes and SFH
Quiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:48 PM   #2123
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chino Hills
Posts: 122
Default

Here is the question. Do I go with Drawing No. 1 below
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/membe...3136-41166.jpg

Or Drawing No. 2 below
http://i51.tinypic.com/zlf09t.jpg
Quiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:36 PM   #2124
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: under a rock and a hard place
Posts: 5,443
Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

example 1, esc's should be in channel 2 and 4 as the pic shows. That is also how Harleys you tube shows when you are programming for dual esc mode.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:47 PM   #2125
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Burbank
Posts: 189
Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
example 1, esc's should be in channel 2 and 4 as the pic shows. That is also how Harleys you tube shows when you are programming for dual esc mode.
Wait, when do you use the BEC straight to Servo and only one ESC powers RX?

I have a 7980

Jon
J5races is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:30 AM   #2126
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Fairfield ME
Posts: 3,885
Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by J5races View Post
Wait, when do you use the BEC straight to Servo and only one ESC powers RX?

I have a 7980

Jon
That's the safest way to run a high voltage servo.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:34 PM   #2127
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: CANADA
Posts: 2,648
Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Hey folks! Just wondering if the cheapest rx for the 4PLS is a R2106GF? I am looking for a good place to buy multiple new receivers for my new 4PLS and thought of the R2106GF 6 Channel rx. Any thoughts? I need at least 3 receivers. I have 2 Wraiths, 2 Kyosho Blizzards and an old Tamiya Bush Devil. Hmmmmm I might need 4....lol. I know with my old 3PM-X I could use the FrSky cheap FASST Rx but 4PLS uses FHSS.

Maybe I should be looking at Futaba R2104GF?

Last edited by ZippoMan; 01-26-2014 at 06:45 PM.
ZippoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #2128
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Northern Virginia, USA
Posts: 128
Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Has anyone used one of these escs: Value Hobby R/C Hobby Store (Addison, Illinois): FrSky Delta-8 8CH Receiver (FASST and A-FHSS Compatible)

I ordered one, should have it by thursday to test.
Stregone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:45 PM   #2129
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Blacksburg
Posts: 506
Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Sorry if this has been answered before but, how do I set up channel 3 for a winch to SW2?everything worked when I first hooked up the Heyok winch controller but now it doesn't. I sent the controller back to Heyok, he sent a video of it working, but I plugged it back into ch3 and it still will not run the winch. Maybe a radio setup problem?
hatefulboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:04 PM   #2130
20K Club
 
Harley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sending illegals home one Hayabusa at a time.
Posts: 22,981
Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatefulboy View Post
Sorry if this has been answered before but, how do I set up channel 3 for a winch to SW2?everything worked when I first hooked up the Heyok winch controller but now it doesn't. I sent the controller back to Heyok, he sent a video of it working, but I plugged it back into ch3 and it still will not run the winch. Maybe a radio setup problem?
SW2? That's a 2 position switch. You need to program it to one of the DT switches to have 3 positions.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:25 PM   #2131
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Blacksburg
Posts: 506
Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Maybe I'm calling it by the wrong name. But it's the 3 position switch on the side of the radio. Like I said I had it working one time now it doesn't. How do I set it up again?
hatefulboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:32 PM   #2132
20K Club
 
Harley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sending illegals home one Hayabusa at a time.
Posts: 22,981
Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatefulboy View Post
Maybe I'm calling it by the wrong name. But it's the 3 position switch on the side of the radio. Like I said I had it working one time now it doesn't. How do I set it up again?
Ahhh, right right. There really shouldn't be any setup on that other then setting it to ch 3. Is the display showing it move in 3 steps?
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:41 PM   #2133
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Blacksburg
Posts: 506
Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Yes its showing 3 steps. Do I need to go to the menu setting for ch3 - ch4 and change anything there?
hatefulboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:24 PM   #2134
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 858
Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Hey guys. I've read a lot of this thread and searched it and the rest if the forum and I haven't found an answer to my question.

I have a 4pls and I was looking to run my tziworld winch with an esc (fxr) so I can have variable speed (need faster feedrate out than in). I know I could setup the forward vs reverse speed on the esc programming to make one faster than the other. However I was hoping to be able to adjust this while in use so I can winch out fast, winch in slow, then when I need to winch back in without load to keep driving I want it to go fast again.

My initial thought was to see if I could adjust dual rate on ch3 or ch4. From what I've found I can't do that.
Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,
Dna
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:13 PM   #2135
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Way out there!
Posts: 1,465
Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

You could set up one of the thumb switches as a 3 position switch and set either way where ever you want it. Then set the other thumb switch as a trim for that channel.
josh6575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:55 PM   #2136
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: under a rock and a hard place
Posts: 5,443
Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Couple of easy ways to do it....

1) set the esc up in steps in the radio, 3 worked well for me. slow, medium amd fast. Program it to what ever switch you want

2) as mentioned earlier, you can program a second switch to perform as a single step which would be like the fast speed in the first suggestion but you wouldnt have to go thru 3 clicks to get there
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:04 AM   #2137
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 858
Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh6575 View Post
You could set up one of the thumb switches as a 3 position switch and set either way where ever you want it. Then set the other thumb switch as a trim for that channel.
Thanks. I think I understand this one. If I set one of the dt switches to be the subtrim for the channel I'm using I can click thru to change the speed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
Couple of easy ways to do it....

1) set the esc up in steps in the radio, 3 worked well for me. slow, medium amd fast. Program it to what ever switch you want

2) as mentioned earlier, you can program a second switch to perform as a single step which would be like the fast speed in the first suggestion but you wouldnt have to go thru 3 clicks to get there
I am intrigued by the first option you suggest but I'm afraid I'm not sure how to execute that type of setup for the esc. Any quick steps?

Thanks
Dna
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 08:10 AM   #2138
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Crawlolina
Posts: 350
Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippoMan View Post
Hey folks! Just wondering if the cheapest rx for the 4PLS is a R2106GF? I am looking for a good place to buy multiple new receivers for my new 4PLS and thought of the R2106GF 6 Channel rx. Any thoughts? I need at least 3 receivers. I have 2 Wraiths, 2 Kyosho Blizzards and an old Tamiya Bush Devil. Hmmmmm I might need 4....lol. I know with my old 3PM-X I could use the FrSky cheap FASST Rx but 4PLS uses FHSS.

Maybe I should be looking at Futaba R2104GF?
Futaba 6ch R2006GS Rx...$30
lostonthetrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #2139
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: under a rock and a hard place
Posts: 5,443
Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna4engr View Post
Thanks. I think I understand this one. If I set one of the dt switches to be the subtrim for the channel I'm using I can click thru to change the speed.




I am intrigued by the first option you suggest but I'm afraid I'm not sure how to execute that type of setup for the esc. Any quick steps?

Thanks
Dna
I dont recall off the top of my head. Harleys vid shows how to I beleive, links in first post.If not, it is in this thread somewere.

edit: look in the super class vid, when josh starts refering to the rear steering setup... that is how you want to set up the esc for winch control.as mentioned you can have as many or few steps as you wish.

Last edited by hotwheels000; 03-01-2014 at 09:23 AM.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #2140
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 858
Default Re: Futaba 4PL Setup, Tips, Tricks & Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
I dont recall off the top of my head. Harleys vid shows how to I beleive, links in first post.If not, it is in this thread somewere.

edit: look in the super class vid, when josh starts refering to the rear steering setup... that is how you want to set up the esc for winch control.as mentioned you can have as many or few steps as you wish.
Thanks a lot for helping me out. I have it programmed, I just need to wire in the esc and test it out now. Will report back when all is said and done.

Thanks again,
Dna
dna4engr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/277689-futaba-4pl-setup-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
Futaba 4PL - Modelbouwforum.nl This thread Refback 11-08-2011 05:06 AM
Scaler Radio Help - Radios & Servos @ URC Forums This thread Refback 11-02-2011 02:46 PM
e-Modelismo - Maior Comunidade de Modelismo em Português - Ver Tópico - Futaba 4PL This thread Refback 10-27-2011 03:41 PM
Futaba 4PL 4-Channel 2.4GHz SFHSS Transmitter/Receiver - RemoteD - Fjrrstyrd Hobby This thread Refback 10-24-2011 03:51 AM
Futaba T4PL - Elektronik - rockcrawler.de This thread Refback 10-11-2011 04:01 AM
4PL Dual ESC - YouTube This thread Refback 10-09-2011 08:27 AM
ZONACRAWLING • Ver Tema - emisora 4pl This thread Refback 10-05-2011 04:42 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com