Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #2601
Rock Crawler

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo au View Post
Trying to bind 3ch in wraith with hacked gt3c 4ws works but have no throttle, any ideas what I'm doing wrong. Standard ae2 esc shows flashing green then flashing red when pull throttle on?
Cheers Scott
Have you re-set your ESC to your radio?
DRTMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 03:57 AM   #2602
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTMI View Post
Have you re-set your ESC to your radio?
After several more failed binding attempts, it decided to work on it's own.
No idea what was wrong but it's fine now.
Thanks for the help anyway.
revo au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:02 AM   #2603
Rock Stacker

One more question with 4ws I have front, front & rear or just rear but no crab unless I reverse servo for front&rear is there a way to have all four modes?
I'm still learning how to use the hacked gt3c I'm sure there's a lot to learn.
revo au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #2604

Does the controller come with a battery and how do you charge the battery?
DemonDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:32 PM   #2605
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonDancer View Post
Does the controller come with a battery and how do you charge the battery?
The GT3B typically comes with a 8 cell "AA" battery holder. This would take typical Alkaline batteries.
You could modify the TX to use a LiPO battery, I believe it's discussed in this thread.

The GT3C comes with a rechargeable battery and a charger. Just plug it in to charge.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:50 PM   #2606
Rock Stacker

I had a question i just switched to dual escs on my moa crawler, I got the gt3b with a hack kit i followed the template to the t, my problem is that when i hit the channel 3 switch to dig the rear it spins the motor pushing my crawler forward, my next problem is that my escs do not start at the same time, going forward it drags the rear a little till i get into the throttle a little more and vice versa going backwards, when i start to crawl something it stalls the rear, i went to dual escs to get rid of clod stall, what could be the problem im running dual brxls and have played with the start up times but does not make a differnce. Thanks in advance.
tbacon38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #2607
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbacon38 View Post
I had a question I just switched to dual ESC's on my MOA crawler, I got the GT3B with a hack kit I followed the template to the t, my problem is that when I hit the channel 3 switch to dig the rear it spins the motor pushing my crawler forward, my next problem is that my ESC's do not start at the same time, going forward it drags the rear a little till i get into the throttle a little more and vice versa going backwards, when I start to crawl something it stalls the rear, I went to dual ESC's to get rid of clod stall, what could be the problem I'm running dual brxls and have played with the start up times but does not make a difference. Thanks in advance.
1-What firmware version are you running? I tweaked the dual ESC template a bit as well as posted another version, both in this thread somewhere. Both are for 0.4 firmware.

2-Your motor issue, I'm guessing you just "grabbed 2 motors" and installed them. Since one has to do reverse rotation, you have a timing issue.
They are both timed the same direction, but one is advanced and the other is retarded.
If you were to buy 2 motors from Holmes or Br00d and state, "To be used in a MOA", you would get 2 motors, each labeled for the end of the rig it's timed for.
You could start with "0" timing to see how it goes.
I use a little proportional (maybe 5%) to fix the clod-stall.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:24 AM   #2608
Rock Stacker

I'm using the .6 firmware from overkill site, i understand the motor in reverse rotation and have not ordered my motors yet, but i still figured my escs would start at the same time, the led lights on top of them dont even blink at the same time so this would cause the motors to not start at the same time were my thoughts, i ran these same motors with one esc and had less stall than i do now.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:27 AM   #2609
Rock Stacker

Also why when I hit the 3rd channel switch why does it send power to my rear motor causing it to move, also does it when I proportion 100 to the rear i was under the impression that 100 percent proportion is supposed to cut off the rear motor.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #2610
Rock Stacker

Could someone tell me why when I hit my third channel switch my rear motor drives forward. And also when i bias 100 percent on the rear it still drives forward, i messaged and emailed losikid and no answer on either.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:30 PM   #2611
Got Worms?

a.) Calibrate your esc's to the radio...if they don't start at the same time, its a good indicator they need to be calibrated

b.) There is a thing called patience...I don't do this full time, in fact i don't even have time this week todo anything overkillrc related. Large companies with dedicated customer support teams don't get emails answered within 24 hours most the time, so why expect rcc vendors to answer questions within a few hours of you asking? I have answered your question many times, you aren't the first to have these issues. If you are in that big of a hurry, use the search button and read. Your issue is a setup issue, not a radio issue...
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:22 AM   #2612
Rock Stacker

Thanks for all the help I will search again and see if I can figure it out. Just thought someone could help that had the same issue, sorry for being unpatient.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:22 AM   #2613
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
a.) Calibrate your esc's to the radio...if they don't start at the same time, its a good indicator they need to be calibrated

b.) There is a thing called patience...I don't do this full time, in fact i don't even have time this week todo anything overkillrc related. Large companies with dedicated customer support teams don't get emails answered within 24 hours most the time, so why expect rcc vendors to answer questions within a few hours of you asking? I have answered your question many times, you aren't the first to have these issues. If you are in that big of a hurry, use the search button and read. Your issue is a setup issue, not a radio issue...
I know you a busy man being a full time student and good luck because I know it can be overwhelming at times.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #2614
Pebble Pounder

Instead of just putting the pin header on the back, has anyone thought of putting on a usb port?
Neverdone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #2615
RCC Addict

doable, all you need is a contact path, USB would be plenty good.
Docwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:03 PM   #2616
RCC Addict

Not sure if we are posting gt3c ?s here but here i go. I have looked for mods on how or even if you can add more switchs to the gt3c and havent found anything. Am i just looking in the wrong place? Im hoping to add a 2 pos and a 3pos switch or maybe 2pos and 2 3pos. I havent recieved my controler yet but im trying to think ahead.
Thanks
buggynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:13 PM   #2617
I wanna be Dave

They're already there. Just assign and done
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:23 AM   #2618
RCC Addict

I guess i should wait and look at the thing before i ask. I thought there were only 3 plus throttle and steering.
buggynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #2619
Rock Crawler

Ok, i have a question. My son got ahold of my rx and im not sure exactly what he did. Before i had it set so i can control my punk dig with the ch3 trim. I hade it set as momentary so one way was front, one rear, and middle 4wd. Worked great. Now after he got ahold of it the slider doesnt work anymore. I have full time front wheel drive, if i go to to e-point section on the main menu and go to ch3 e-point it activates the punk dig. At that moment forward throttle gives me front wheel drive, and reverse throttle gives me rear wheel drive. Im not sure what he did but i cant figure it out. Thanks in advance.
Lukescb7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #2620
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukescb7 View Post
OK, I have a question. My son got ahold of my rx and I'm not sure exactly what he did. Before I had it set so I can control my punk dig with the ch3 trim. I had it set as momentary so one way was front, one rear, and middle 4WD. Worked great. Now after he got ahold of it the slider doesn't work anymore. I have full time front wheel drive, if I go to to e-point section on the main menu and go to ch3 e-point it activates the punk dig. At that moment forward throttle gives me front wheel drive, and reverse throttle gives me rear wheel drive. I'm not sure what he did but I cant figure it out. Thanks in advance.
What firmware version are you running?

I'm assuming you mean "TX" not "RX".

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM