Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #841
Pebble Pounder

Default help with 4ws

I need a bit of instruction help on setting up 4ws on my Redcat Rockslide 1/8, I have the GT3B set with the 8 channel firmware, followed the direction on page 26 of this thread, I have the 3 channel button on the grip workiing for switching between crab and no crab. What I want to do is set a couple of additional things. I would like to set the D/R 3 pos switch to somehow switch between rear, front and 4ws modes (EDIT: I got this figured out now). I also want to program the ch3 trim to move the rear steering servo (connected to ch3 of the receiver) in steps left and right, I think I can do up to 8 steps but maybe 100% each side, 50% each side and center. (EDIT To have independent control of the rear steer, I think I need to set it up as another model without 4ws then setup the ch 3 switch to control the rear steering in steps but not sure how to do that..
Any help is appriciated and I did read through the manual a couple times
DJ

Last edited by soutthpaw; 12-07-2011 at 09:32 PM.
soutthpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2011, 12:07 AM   #842
Got Worms?

As of right now, you can't mix a mix and independent channel control together.

To set up independent control, just map your ch3 trim switch to CHn(n=3- as a NOL and set your step rate to like 25 (25%)
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:14 PM   #843
RCC Addict

ive had my 3 channel FLYSKY for awhile now and trying to use the 3rd channel for my winch. i know its just an on/off switch but i cant even get it to do that. what am i doing wrong ? i thought just pushing the chn3 button on the handle would activate it, is this correct?
thanks
rb
crawlhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:38 PM   #844
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlhog View Post
ive had my 3 channel FLYSKY for awhile now and trying to use the 3rd channel for my winch. i know its just an on/off switch but i cant even get it to do that. what am i doing wrong ? i thought just pushing the chn3 button on the handle would activate it, is this correct?
thanks
rb
did you flash the custom firmware? if you did then just map the D/R slide switch to CH3 then use that for the winch. works well for me.
follow the directions in this thread and it will be fine
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #845
RCC Addict

didnt get the hack kit yet , just playing around with the new winch and cant get the 3rd channel to work. not sure what im missing.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #846
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
didnt get the hack kit yet , just playing around with the new winch and cant get the 3rd channel to work. not sure what im missing.
I'm pretty sure what you are missing is the fact the winch controller isn't designed to work with a single push button

right now the button is just an on/off switch. you need a 3 way switch. fwd/neutral/rev
get the hack kit, you wont regret it. it will do so much more than you need you might find yourself building a rig just to try out features haha
Old 12-08-2011, 05:46 PM   #847

I setup the gt3b with 6ch 0.4.1, and followed the dual esc dig template, calibrated the fxr's, but when I push the ch3 button or the ch3 trim either the front or rear motor starts slowly turning. Is there an adjustment that will stop a motor from turning?

I has tried recalibrating the esc's and adjusting neutral and endpoints with no improvement.

Your help is greatly appreciated
SlickZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #848
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
....get the hack kit, you wont regret it. it will do so much more than you need you might find yourself building a rig just to try out features haha
that is the truth.....I'm dreaming one up now with 5 channels used....trying to think up what I can use on the 6th channel!!
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #849
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickZR2 View Post
I setup the gt3b with 6ch 0.4.1, and followed the dual esc dig template, calibrated the fxr's, but when I push the ch3 button or the ch3 trim either the front or rear motor starts slowly turning. Is there an adjustment that will stop a motor from turning?

I has tried recalibrating the esc's and adjusting neutral and endpoints with no improvement.

Your help is greatly appreciated
Did you try adjusting the sub trims for each motor channel? long press on trim and it will give you access to sub trim all 8 channels.
soutthpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #850
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoo76 View Post
I'm pretty sure what you are missing is the fact the winch controller isn't designed to work with a single push button

right now the button is just an on/off switch. you need a 3 way switch. fwd/neutral/rev
get the hack kit, you wont regret it. it will do so much more than you need you might find yourself building a rig just to try out features haha
thanks man , got it working
Old 12-08-2011, 07:01 PM   #851
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by squatch71 View Post
that is the truth.....I'm dreaming one up now with 5 channels used....trying to think up what I can use on the 6th channel!!
I think I have a 6ch scaler maxed out channel wise (when assembled, its just parts )
so far its currently steering,throttle,winch,2 Speed Summit trans but adding 4WS with R-1 Portal axles and a LCC trans used as a transfer case giving me front and rear disconnect
I'm considering flashing the 8CH firmware on one of the radios to add remote lights and a rear winch for the hell of it lol

Id love to also use dual ESC mixing and build a tank treaded vehicle, I have a dual stick HK-T6A heli radio that uses the same RX's and would probably work but the GT3B would be cooler hah
Old 12-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #852
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
thanks man , got it working
it works without the hack? sweet! still very worth getting though
Old 12-08-2011, 07:10 PM   #853

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
Did you try adjusting the sub trims for each motor channel? long press on trim and it will give you access to sub trim all 8 channels.
Adjusting the subtrim stops the rear motor but not the front, and it changes the mix so the axles in forward and reverse start at different times with significant bias.

I adjusted both channels 2 and 3 subtrims, works perfect

Thanks so much.

Last edited by SlickZR2; 12-08-2011 at 07:14 PM.
SlickZR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #854
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickZR2 View Post
Adjusting the subtrim stops the rear motor but not the front, and it changes the mix so the axles in forward and reverse start at different times with significant bias.

I adjusted both channels 2 and 3 subtrims, works perfect

Thanks so much.
I think the actual problem is that the trigger wasn't properly calibrated. I say this because

In mix, both channels run off trigger, when you go into dig one channel is mixed with the trigger and one channel isn't mixed with the trigger and it sends out a 0% signal. If the trigger isn't calibrated correctly then your esc isn't seeing 0% from it when it calibrates it's neutral point.

What the sub trims are doing is simply moving where the channel goes when not mixed to the trigger, so its like a patch, not a true fix.

I'd recommend calibrating the radio, reset all your trims back to zero, then re calibrate the esc's.
Old 12-14-2011, 08:30 AM   #855
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
ATTENTION

It turns out i received afew bad programming boards in my last order, I'll be contacting everyone from orders 192 and up that i have shipped a hack kit to. Some have good boards, some are bad. If your computer is telling you a error that the USB device has malfunctioned and/or in stvp that it can't communicate with device, Please email me as soon as possible, my email is losikid@overkillrc.com

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Another way to know, is if there isn't a green led flashing on the bottom half of the board.
Did you get the updated boards? are they different then the older ones you had?
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:25 PM   #856
Got Worms?

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartronicshn View Post
Did you get the updated boards? are they different then the older ones you had?
They don't appear different, just different packaging. I'm still trying to get caught up on orders.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:32 PM   #857

is there anyone out there that has the fw for fsgtb3 with these specs
fix expo
fix the epa saving
45 second backlight
epa to 150
low voltage at 8v
and trims to 99 and -99
shortm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 09:49 PM   #858
I wanna be Dave

are you asking how to set your radio with those settings??
squatch71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:14 AM   #859
Got Worms?

Quote:
no, the original "hacks" were reading the program off the radio, modifying afew digits then reload it back into the radio to fix its issues...but since then a new firmware was written.

So to answer the original question, no i don't have that type of firmware, but i'd recommend just using the new firmware, 0.4.1
Old 12-17-2011, 06:57 AM   #860

Quote:

yes how do i do this
shortm88 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM