Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #1741
Got Worms?

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

From my understanding the 2270's are piles of garbage...i never found a fix for mine. I sent it in on warranty and got a new one back, but i haven't tried it yet...

Have you tested yours on other radios?
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #1742
Pebble Pounder

my friend has a 4pks and we through it in his Wraith to see what would happen, and it worked great. now granted he has a completely different electronics set up then I do, so it would be hard to tell if I am having a different problem. But after seeing that you hooked it up directly to its own lipo I had to think that was the resolution.
Crawlster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:48 PM   #1743
Got Worms?

I only had issues when i was moving...when my motor wasn't spinning it worked perfectly, i don't see how thats an resolution issue. i'm thinking its more of a interference issuse
Old 07-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #1744
Pebble Pounder

Hmm, that sounds like a more reasonable explanation. I have a few test that i can perform at work tomorrow. At this point I just want to get the bottom if for no other reason then principal. I don't know so much about the controllers as i am still kinda new to them, up untill now i have only really ran a couple of factory setups. I do however have a decent understanding of electronics and access to a lot of cool testing equipment for them. Just out of curiosity, what gauge wire are you running?
Crawlster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #1745
Pebble Pounder

Got my hacked TX a few weeks ago, and after some programming growing pains, I am loving it. I have it running rear steer on my basher, and soon dual esc on my comp truck.

I have one issue, that I'm not sure isn't something I screwed up in programming or something. The range is terrible... I have the antenna wire up in the open, and unobstructed. Anything over like 25 feet from the TX, and the truck is a runaway. Not a huge problem on a crawler, I am usually standing right beside it, but I am thinking of tossing a RX in the old 80s goldpan buggy, and that's not gonna' get it for that.

Did I do something wrong? Is that normal? Pretty sure I saw a youtube vid of a slash going like 2 blocks on one of these.
smitty808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:38 AM   #1746
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty808 View Post
Got my hacked TX a few weeks ago, and after some programming growing pains, I am loving it. I have it running rear steer on my basher, and soon dual esc on my comp truck.

I have one issue, that I'm not sure isn't something I screwed up in programming or something. The range is terrible... I have the antenna wire up in the open, and unobstructed. Anything over like 25 feet from the TX, and the truck is a runaway. Not a huge problem on a crawler, I am usually standing right beside it, but I am thinking of tossing a RX in the old 80s goldpan buggy, and that's not gonna' get it for that.

Did I do something wrong? Is that normal? Pretty sure I saw a youtube vid of a slash going like 2 blocks on one of these.
I've run mine 50' or so away with no issues.
I have mine towards the back with the antenna coiled up but away from from motor wires & the ESC.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #1747
Pebble Pounder

That's about how I have mine. It's an R1 chassis with moa. I have the rx up on the factory battery plate, and and the esc is on the skidplate, so they are a couple inches apart, and and the motors are farther.
I ran the antenna wire along the roofline of the cage to the a pillar.

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-11-2012, 07:33 AM   #1748
RCC Addict

Quote:
That's about how I have mine. It's an R1 chassis with moa. I have the rx up on the factory battery plate, and and the esc is on the skidplate, so they are a couple inches apart, and and the motors are farther.
I ran the antenna wire along the roofline of the cage to the a pillar.

I wonder if you damaged/removed the antenna wire when you were taking the radio apart (not sure if you got a prehacked or did it yourself) but I know when I was installing my 4-pin header I accidentally removed the antenna wire from the board since it was so short and I wasnt careful. I had to resolder it to the board but that could be a cause for your shortened range. Just my $0.02
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #1749
Pebble Pounder

I got it pre hacked. I can check that I guess. It does do better with the antenna up on the TX though, so it's probably ok.
I have another RX too, I will toss it in and see if that changes anything.
I was just afraid there was a range setting, or something, and I have accidentally changed it.

Old 07-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #1750
Quarry Creeper

GT3B hacked, Novak Rooster esc, Novak 55t Espert motor. I'm having throttle issues. When I turn the truck on the throttle is backwards. If I reverse the setting on the radio it automatically sets the throttle to around 25% in the right direction. Reversing the setting to normal sets it in neutral but again the throttle is reversed. I've tried reprograming the esc but still no dice. Any suggestions??
Duxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:20 PM   #1751
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duxx View Post
GT3B hacked, Novak Rooster esc, Novak 55t Espert motor. I'm having throttle issues. When I turn the truck on the throttle is backwards. If I reverse the setting on the radio it automatically sets the throttle to around 25% in the right direction. Reversing the setting to normal sets it in neutral but again the throttle is reversed. I've tried reprograming the esc but still no dice. Any suggestions??
Either swap the 2 motor wires, or loosen the 2 screws on the motor endbell (where the brushes are) and rotate the endbell 180*.
Either one will reverse the motor rotation.

It may also help to recalibrate the ESC to the RX when done.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:21 PM   #1752
Got Worms?

Quote:
I got it pre hacked. I can check that I guess. It does do better with the antenna up on the TX though, so it's probably ok.
I have another RX too, I will toss it in and see if that changes anything.
I was just afraid there was a range setting, or something, and I have accidentally changed it.

May be a bum rx, have you tried different rx's?
Old 07-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #1753
Pebble Pounder

I haven't yet. Maybe later this eve. I've only run it about 5 times on that RX... could it be bad that quick??
Old 07-12-2012, 12:36 PM   #1754

LosiKid,
Been looking around at different forums trying to figure out, “What is the latest, greatest firmware for the 6CH”. Just want to make sure before I get to far setting up my radio.
Also, your firmware link, for me, show up as a broken link. Or is it a problem / setting on my end?
Thanks !!
brian6674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:59 PM   #1755
SuperShafty.com

alright guys, small issue here. i am just about to upload my new firmware to the TX, and following the instructions it say click "program> current tab"
the instructions seemed a tad outta date, but worked everywhere except for this step. it was actually all very clear up until this spot.

there is no program menu!!! wtf. not frustrated at you losikid. just frustrated.

mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #1756
Got Worms?

You need to be in st visual Programmer, not in developer
Old 07-12-2012, 06:03 PM   #1757
Got Worms?

Quote:
I haven't yet. Maybe later this eve. I've only run it about 5 times on that RX... could it be bad that quick??
Bad from the get go...i'll send you a new rx if it is bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6674 View Post
LosiKid,
Been looking around at different forums trying to figure out, “What is the latest, greatest firmware for the 6CH”. Just want to make sure before I get to far setting up my radio.
Also, your firmware link, for me, show up as a broken link. Or is it a problem / setting on my end?
Thanks !!
0.6.1 is the newest
Old 07-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #1758
SuperShafty.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
You need to be in st visual Programmer, not in developer
you trickster you thanks man. starting again.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #1759
SuperShafty.com

now i am getting this:

should i have the TX on while doing this. if i dont it beeps at me.

Error : Cannot communicate with the board.
Wrong board selection or check board power supply or check that a previous session is closed.
Error : < PROGRAM MEMORY programming failed.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:27 PM   #1760
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjderstine View Post
now i am getting this:

should i have the TX on while doing this. if i dont it beeps at me.

Error : Cannot communicate with the board.
Wrong board selection or check board power supply or check that a previous session is closed.
Error : < PROGRAM MEMORY programming failed.
Off, yes it should be beeping

Make sure you follow this order.

Plug programmer into radio,
plug programmer into computer
Open STVP
Open FW
Program-->Current Tab

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM