Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #1821
SuperShafty.com

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
MOM, when you let off it returns to center, NOL and others stay at that position when let off

Your stings arn't quite right (if you want me to, just tell me what you want and i'll type up the settings...but its better to figure it out yourself as you will understand it better)

The best way todo this is to look at the manual and follow along while you program.

So you go into the long click REV menu (key mapping menu)

You'll see that REV is blinking and a single digit is blinking on the left. This digit is the switch you need to select. 1,2,3 is trim switches. d is the d/r switch, c is the ch3 button, e is the end button...So choose your switch.

Now choose the function(thing you want to control). Pretty much any setting can be assigned to a switch. In your case you want channel 3, so you'll choose CH3

After pressing enter you see the % sign light up, this is to select the "buttons"(how they act), there is a list in the menu. After pressing enter you see just a V and no percent. So looking at the manual, you see that it skipped the step rate (V % signal) step and you're on the reverse step (reverse the switch)

I know all the acronyms and menu sequence by heart as i write steps out everyday, but the manual is a great resource when navigating the menu's.

hey man, got a question. i am trying to setup a the ch. 3 DR switch to act as a 3 pos. winch controller.
I have a heyok 3 pos. winch controller wired into my servo.
when going through the REV menu following your steps above i do not get the same options you outline.

i will list, in order the options i get. and let me know anywhere it doesnt seem right to you.

1. long click on REV (now blinking small 1, and showing TR1)

2.i scroll to small 'd' and CH3, with the 'd' flashing.

3. short click with Enter and 'd' is solid with CH3 blinking.

4. short click Enter again. and it goes to the d BMO, (with MO flashing)

so pretty much at step 4 i get a completely different string of options, and am not sure what to do next. I just want either the dr CH3, the CH3 trim to be my 3 pos. winch controller.

I did just read some of the past pages, but having a hard time following. do you mind typing the clicks up for me man?

thanks again. loving the new radio
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #1822
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast1Guy View Post
Has anyone ever compared the battery voltage indicated by the radio against the voltage checked with a multimeter? My GT3B started showing "LOW POWER" after what seemed to me not a lot of use so I decided to check the actual battery voltage with my Greenlee CM 750 multimeter and also a old Radio Shack multimeter. The radio was showing 9.2v, the Greenlee 10.1v and the Radio Shack 10.3v. So I decided that the Greenlee should be the most accurate. Thanks to all that have put all the hard work into the new firmware (running 0.6.1) I was able to recalibrate the voltage reading on the GT3B to match the Greenlee. Considering how long it took to go from 10v to 9.2v before I should have a good deal of run time to go again making the GT3B seam a lot better on battery consumption. To make maters worse I just tried a new set of batteries and the radio now shows 14.1v and the Greenlee 13v. So I recalibrated the GT3B to 13v, then put the old batteries back in and the radio shows 9.3 and the Greenlee 10.0v so it seems the GT3B is wildly inaccurate in reporting battery voltage. I'm going to calibrate to the lower setting so as to get everything out of the batteries and live with high new battery readings. Sorry for the long post.
Are you reading the battery voltage when the radio is turned on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
It's alive! Thanks LK!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottwins? View Post
So I redid the program this morning. I suggest not drinking and programming. Works now! Now I just have to figure all the key mapping
I'm guessing its your email i replied to afew hours ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergm@n View Post
hi losikid,

I've done the setup for dual esc (this one : GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread) after having reseted my radio and it's not ok.

When I put the DIG button (CH3. Trim) front : the crawler goes forward (like throttle) and when I put it rear the crawler goes rearward (like a reverse)

What can be wrong?

Thanks
Are you sure DIG is turned on in the long click EPA menu, and the switch is assigned to DIG. AND did you calibrate the radio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjderstine View Post
hey man, got a question. i am trying to setup a the ch. 3 DR switch to act as a 3 pos. winch controller.
I have a heyok 3 pos. winch controller wired into my servo.
when going through the REV menu following your steps above i do not get the same options you outline.

i will list, in order the options i get. and let me know anywhere it doesnt seem right to you.

1. long click on REV (now blinking small 1, and showing TR1)

2.i scroll to small 'd' and CH3, with the 'd' flashing.

3. short click with Enter and 'd' is solid with CH3 blinking.

4. short click Enter again. and it goes to the d BMO, (with MO flashing)

so pretty much at step 4 i get a completely different string of options, and am not sure what to do next. I just want either the dr CH3, the CH3 trim to be my 3 pos. winch controller.

I did just read some of the past pages, but having a hard time following. do you mind typing the clicks up for me man?

thanks again. loving the new radio
Thats pretty much all you need, have you tried it yet?
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #1823
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankbomb View Post
From the above part, I am having the following issues:

Map the 4WS mix to ST trim Buttons

Long Click REV
4WS
NOL - Gives me the following options: BAR, BMO, BRS, BEN, BNL. I stop with the mapping process.
NOR
NOO
Press and hold enter
back

Map CH 3 Button to turn crab on/off

Long click REV
C
4WS
SWI - only gives me "MO0 or MO1" as options. I stop the mapping here.
NOR
NPV
OFF
Press and hold enter
back

Any suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks!
Its because the guide is written for 0.4.1...0.6.1 has a new user interface, i'm working on new templates.

NOL=BNL because before in 0.4.1 NOL is an option is the "buttons" step, to help be more user friendly it now says "B" for buttons, and "NL" for No Long keys

SWI should be MO0 i think.....MO means momentary, 0 means off, 1 means on.

Check out the manual

http://www.overkillrc.com/GT3B/GT3B-...NUAL-0.6.1.txt
Old 07-29-2012, 11:33 PM   #1824
Quarry Creeper

Question can you have 4ws and dig at the same time, I have a xr10 with 4ws right now and I'm looking at the flysky remote. I'm wondering if you can control the rear steer independtly from the front and still use dig

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
motakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:34 AM   #1825
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by motakitty View Post
Question can you have 4ws and dig at the same time, I have a xr10 with 4ws right now and I'm looking at the flysky remote. I'm wondering if you can control the rear steer independtly from the front and still use dig

yes, it'll do this with no issues
Old 07-30-2012, 04:32 AM   #1826

Quote:
Are you reading the battery voltage when the radio is turned on?
Radio on. Reads slightly higher with it off. Just thinking that if all the GT3B's read the same as mine then this might be the cause of all the complaints about poor battery life. Radio is sounding the "Low Power"
alarm prematurely so they are changing the batteries before they should. I have a stock GT3B that I will test to see if it is the same. Thanks for the help.
Fast1Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:17 AM   #1827
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
yes, it'll do this with no issues
Thank you

Old 07-30-2012, 07:11 AM   #1828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast1Guy View Post
Radio on. Reads slightly higher with it off. Just thinking that if all the GT3B's read the same as mine then this might be the cause of all the complaints about poor battery life. Radio is sounding the "Low Power"
alarm prematurely so they are changing the batteries before they should. I have a stock GT3B that I will test to see if it is the same. Thanks for the help.
Just rechecked and must have had a poor connection or something. Tried another set of new batteries and the voltage is now bang on with my meter. May try the voltage regulator mod if I feel the battery mileage is not good enough. Thanks.
Fast1Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #1829
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Are you sure DIG is turned on in the long click EPA menu, and the switch is assigned to DIG. AND did you calibrate the radio?
I just calibrate my radio and this issue is fixed, thanks Austin.

When I play with dual rate, it's ok except when I put the reverse.
For example I go to +20, my rear wheels turn only at 80% front, it's ok, but when I put reverse they are very fast and my front wheels are slow (running 2 fxr's)
Bergm@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #1830
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergm@n View Post
I just calibrate my radio and this issue is fixed, thanks Austin.

When I play with dual rate, it's ok except when I put the reverse.
For example I go to +20, my rear wheels turn only at 80% front, it's ok, but when I put reverse they are very fast and my front wheels are slow (running 2 fxr's)
who or what is "they"??? and what are you doing (adjusting dual rates on which channel?)
Old 07-30-2012, 12:19 PM   #1831
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by claycity View Post
can some one tell me how to set this up until losikid figures out my request. Thanks sorry edit 0.6.1 firmware

Hacked FS-GT3B with 4ws - YouTube
I had asked this a while back, but never had a chance to try it. Any way to add expo to the other thumb switch? This way one enables front, back, both steering and the other lets you dial up expo for just the rear?

What I want is for when you are doing small to medium amounts of steering you get less rear, then when you crank it all the way, then the rear catches up. It should be doable, just don't have receiver out of a vehicle to test. Yours is already setup so should be easy to test.
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #1832
RCC Addict

Now that I read that, you probably don't need expo on the thumb switch. Expo is probably just fine in the menus. I'd probably set the rear at 50-75% and be done with it. Then set the thumb for front,rear, both and the other for winch control (Wraith).
ik632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #1833
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
who or what is "they"??? and what are you doing (adjusting dual rates on which channel?)
the rear wheels sorry and my mixing is done exactly like in your template (chanel 3)
Bergm@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:01 PM   #1834
SuperShafty.com

Quote:

Thats pretty much all you need, have you tried it yet?
havent tried it, but i alsomhad a great user also pm and told me it would work.

should be fine once i get time to look at it again!
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:21 AM   #1835

hi i am having trouble with this setup i go thru all the steps get to dig press enter then i have these choices brs ben bnl bar bmo not mom i chose bmo and it comes up with re0 re1 not nor
im trying to setup dual esc fxrs
a.tress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:41 PM   #1836
I wanna be Dave

What firmware version are you guys using? The templates are good for up to 4.xx. If running 6.0 or whatever the newest one is it's completely different from my understanding

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:40 PM   #1837
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.tress View Post
hi i am having trouble with this setup i go thru all the steps get to dig press enter then i have these choices brs ben bnl bar bmo not mom i chose bmo and it comes up with re0 re1 not nor
im trying to setup dual esc fxrs
MOM is BMO....i just explain this afew posts above.

MOM was in the "buttons" menu...the new UI says the menu in the code. So B for butons and MO for momentary

NOR is in the reverse menu. NOR means NO Reverse. The new UI has Re for reverse and 0 for off and 1 for on. So RE0 is NOR and RE1 is REV
Old 08-01-2012, 01:57 PM   #1838

An absolute beginer noob question:

I'm waiting for the postman to deliver the box with my new Flysky GT3B.
I read everywhere that from factory it has a useless Expo.
I read that it is possible to add subtrim to it.

U would be interested which firmware version I would need if I will use the radio on a SC10 for racing (so really don't need more than 3 channels), I would like to have a functional expo on my radio and I think it would be nice to have subtrim also. Maybe the inactivity alarm would be nice, possibility to set low voltage alarm value, a bigger value for trim settings and for EPA settings. So I would not need 6 or 8 channels or 30 or so modell memory and things like that.

Thank you
daniZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #1839

does anyone know if it's possible to get a trigger for a gt3b that doesn't have to ship from China? I don't really want to have to wait until the 18th for a new one. PM me if you know where to get one. Thanks!
xdbrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #1840
Quarry Creeper

I can't download the hack program our the manual. The link opens a download box but it never starts

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM