Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 02:25 PM   #2421
Quarry Creeper

can you give me some insight on the holmes hobbies crawlmaster 3014 1000kv, ide like to know how many turn the motor is and what kinda wheelspeed can i expect to see, also will the goat 3s run the motor
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2010, 07:56 PM   #2422
Rock Crawler

What type of wheel speed should I expect from a MOA Losi with 7t pullers, re gear kit, 14t pinions and 3s? Seems to me my brushless 21.5t is faster...
Old 12-14-2010, 03:37 PM   #2423
Quarry Creeper

JRH hi I have one of the first brxl escs. I really like it it works great, but I was wondering if it could be made waterproof since it will soon see scaler duty. Can I do it myself with something, or could I send it in to you so you could make it waterproof for me?
Old 12-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #2424
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I stopped getting notifications on this thread again, so strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Venom View Post
I also have a SCx10 Scale and looking to upgrade the ESC and motor what ESC and motor comb do you recommend for a scale trail and crawl unit ? Brush or brushless what is better for a scale unit ? also what lipo should i run 3C ? New to the electric RC always had a gas ones. Thanks Jeff
For scale running a 17.5 tekin or Hyperion motor is my fav, running 3s with a tekin RS or Mamba Max Pro ESC. Sensored all the way for just bashing around, unless you run into water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honcho1.9 View Post
can you give me some insight on the holmes hobbies crawlmaster 3014 1000kv, ide like to know how many turn the motor is and what kinda wheelspeed can i expect to see, also will the goat 3s run the motor
I don't remember the turns off the top of my head, I just had them made to the proper KV. The Goat system will not run it. It would have wheelspeed about like a 55t motor, but a bit more peppy under load.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneed View Post
What type of wheel speed should I expect from a MOA Losi with 7t pullers, re gear kit, 14t pinions and 3s? Seems to me my brushless 21.5t is faster...
You should have all kinds of wheelspeed with that, but the speed of the 21.5 system will be heavily dependent on the timing and rotor size. I don't have a Losi, so it is hard for me to say exactly how they would compare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim the toolman View Post
JRH hi I have one of the first brxl escs. I really like it it works great, but I was wondering if it could be made waterproof since it will soon see scaler duty. Can I do it myself with something, or could I send it in to you so you could make it waterproof for me?
They are actually coated and would take a dunking stock, but for real waterproofing you need to pot it into epoxy. I will be offering the service in about two weeks for $10. Otherwise just bag it in a balloon.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #2425
Rock Crawler

Default how long do orders take?

[QUOTE=JohnRobHolmes;898114]Cobalt Puller
1. The 10t cobalt puller on 6 cell nimh would work fine on an xrs as long as you dont overgear or overweight the rig. Most 2.2s will be fine.
2. 7.2 volts is plenty
3. The Puller weighs 6.5 ounces, which is 3/8 of an ounce or about 11 grams.

1. I am not up to snuff on motor capacitors. I will research it.
3. The tekin 2 is good up to 10 cells, but the BEC goes weak after 8 cells.

JRH[/QUO

I want to order 2 handwound 35t, 2 Holmes speed cntrols and 2 batteries. When I click on the motors it says out of stock. How long does it take to make them?
Old 12-17-2010, 08:00 PM   #2426
Rock Crawler

I have a question im running the 35t handwounds and i dont have them for even a year and one of the motors is sticking on me.Is there any way to get a replacement of ghow to fix??
Old 12-18-2010, 09:09 AM   #2427
Rock Stacker

Default motor

I recently purchased a berg on ebay and was wondering about soldering the motor. The motor are your torque master 45t but does not have the usual tabs to solder the leads too. Do I just solder on the part that the brushes go in to the motor? That is what I did but seems like they will be ripped off, unless I pvc over the motor. I have not been able to find these motors on anyone elses rigs or anywhere. Are they just old or a prototype? I love these motors work great just unsure where to solder them. The cooling fins on the rear of the can are neat. The attatched pic is looking from the bottom so the red wire is facing the ground(not good imo)
Old 12-19-2010, 09:37 AM   #2428
I wanna be Dave

bought a 19 turn motor from you.Is there any way i can send it back to you for some service.PM OR email me

thanks
Old 12-20-2010, 03:24 PM   #2429
RCC Addict

john, my 35t tekin i belive went dead on me.i think to much water runs is it worth fixing or just get a new motor?so what you got for me?im still useing nimh packs and have a scx-10 speed n power is my goal.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:42 AM   #2430

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm0688 View Post

I want to order 2 handwound 35t, 2 Holmes speed cntrols and 2 batteries. When I click on the motors it says out of stock. How long does it take to make them?
I have both motor and speed control on backorder, you can pick them up through the site now if you wish. I expect them all to be shippable by the end of the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tklan Crawler View Post
I have a question im running the 35t handwounds and i dont have them for even a year and one of the motors is sticking on me.Is there any way to get a replacement of ghow to fix??
You probably need some maintenance done on them, a comm cut and new brushes. One year is actually pretty dang good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronj18 View Post
I recently purchased a berg on ebay and was wondering about soldering the motor. The motor are your torque master 45t but does not have the usual tabs to solder the leads too. Do I just solder on the part that the brushes go in to the motor? That is what I did but seems like they will be ripped off, unless I pvc over the motor. I have not been able to find these motors on anyone elses rigs or anywhere. Are they just old or a prototype? I love these motors work great just unsure where to solder them. The cooling fins on the rear of the can are neat. The attatched pic is looking from the bottom so the red wire is facing the ground(not good imo)
Solder where the brush wire is connected, correct. Taken care of via email too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1beatjeep View Post
bought a 19 turn motor from you.Is there any way i can send it back to you for some service.PM OR email me

thanks
Taken care of via email as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicostaxxs007 View Post
john, my 35t tekin i belive went dead on me.i think to much water runs is it worth fixing or just get a new motor?so what you got for me?im still useing nimh packs and have a scx-10 speed n power is my goal.
I will give you a scrap value for the ESC if you send it in. Shoot me an email if you have not already and we can get you set up.
Old 12-23-2010, 10:53 PM   #2431
RCC Addict

Not really sure what happened but i plugged in one of your lipos, switched on the esc and poof.....out comes magic smoke out of it. there is a little hole that opened up that i beleve where the smoke came out of. what should i do now. ( im kind of hesatant to plug it back in to my hyperion)
Old 12-24-2010, 01:21 AM   #2432

How did you switch on the ESC? Everything plugged in properly for polarity and such?
Old 12-24-2010, 08:35 AM   #2433
RCC Addict

Yup everything was right. But could this happen because i plugged the bat into the motor terminals on the esc (thats wat im thinking i did) or was it a freak thing.

Now that its presumed dead should i leave it in saltwater and dispose of it or take it to my lhs
Old 12-24-2010, 08:45 AM   #2434

Indeed that would kill it! A saltwater bath would be sure to drain it down safely so you can dispose or recycle it.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #2435
RCC Addict

one more thing. i read somewhere that the smoke out of lipos is like acid....in other words how bad is it. It went off in my room/hobby table and its been on max vent since last night
Old 12-24-2010, 08:54 AM   #2436

It will corrode things if there is a large amount of smoke. Venting the air is the best thing you can do.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:02 AM   #2437
RCC Addict

I dont remember seeing to much smoke but i will leave the room veinting . Thanks for your help
Old 12-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #2438
Rock Crawler

Do you know when you will have more TorqueMaster Sport 35t motors in stock?
Old 12-28-2010, 03:55 PM   #2439

The last word was about three weeks from now.
Old 01-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #2440
I wanna be Dave

Any updates on the pre order brxl's?
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM