Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2008, 01:02 PM   #881
Rock Stacker

Ok. I had my hobby shop check all the settings. Nazt says everything is setup right. I guess I will just keep screwin with it.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2008, 01:09 PM   #882
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

It could be your radio, but the only time I have experienced a lag or issue like that is when the throttle endpoints were not proper. Could be a hardware issue on the MM, you may try reflashing the ESC to the current firmware- but I highly doubt that would cause the issue.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:13 PM   #883
Rock Stacker

I will try and rebind my 3r and see if that helps as well as reload the updated firmware that's installed. I will try and make a video of what its doing to see if that can give more help.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:30 PM   #884
Rock Stacker

Rebound the radio reflashed the MM and reset the throttle endpoints still have the every so often delay.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:11 PM   #885

Thats weird. Do you have another radio to give a try? Do you have another ESC to try?
Old 05-30-2008, 07:46 PM   #886
Rock Stacker

I don't I will try and see if I can get one of each. Then I will follow up and let you know. Thanks for all the fast responses.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #887
RCC Addict

any good news on the 7t's ?
Old 05-31-2008, 07:42 AM   #888
I wanna be Dave

JRH, I just ordered a Tekin Fxr from you, Do you not carry a HotWire cable for programming these. I didn't see it on your site. Are there any disadvantages to not having one or do they make it any easier to program. I guess what I'm getting at is do you recommend having It

TIA Steve

Last edited by TEDROCKZ; 06-04-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:25 AM   #889
RCC Addict

nvmd....

Last edited by ADDICT; 06-09-2008 at 04:28 AM.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:59 PM   #890

Default Cc Bec

hey john so im new to all the crawler electronics stuff. i Just bought a cc BEC as a recomendation from friends to get more power out of my servo. since my ESCs BEC is weak. so how do i plug everything in.
here is what i have:
li-po battery inline with a Novak li-po cut off then ESC red and black(battery conn.) then now the Novak cut off is plugged in to ch2 on the reciever and the ESC is plugged in to the Novak cut off.

here is the question where does my CC BEC plug in the reciever.??? and how do i disable the BEC from The ESC???? thanks in advance.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:31 PM   #891
Quarry Creeper

I sent you an email John. Thanks for the help!
Old 06-03-2008, 07:39 PM   #892
Rock Stacker

I am about to order the electronics for my new Berg 2.2. I wonder what do you recommend? I'm trying to decide between your custom wound 55 turn motors, on 4 cells or your 35T on three cells? Do you know when you'll have the 35t back in stock? Could you comment on my thread in the Newbie section? Setting up an Enroute Berg 2.2 Looking forward to giving you my buisness,

Charlie

Last edited by RCbasher; 06-03-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:12 PM   #893
RCC Addict

Just got the 7t hooked to an axial. It seems forward and reverese are swapped? It rotates the opposite of my other motors. Can I just reverse the polarity of the Deans? Help! Thanks (basically it is rotating clockwise, all the other motors go counter clockwise looking at the pinion. I flipped the endbell 180 and it is rotating coutner now. Will this cause any harm? Should i reverse the polarity instead? How do I now if I have 0 timing. It seems to be getting hot but I am running a crappy ESC till Monday.

Last edited by Deezul; 06-07-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #894
Quarry Creeper

Hey JRH can a CC Mamba max handle 2 7t pullers running a 3cell lipo?
Old 06-08-2008, 12:51 AM   #895
Quarry Creeper

Hi John

i recently purchased a couple of cc bec's from you and just got round to programming the second one but ran into a little problem

the bec wasn't being detected by the castle link software, no lights were coming on in the bec so i plugged the battery in and sparks started coming out of the unit
i immediately unplugged the battery and the computer now recognised the bec so i programmed it to what i needed

unfortunately i don't want to plug the battery in until i know that when i do it won't kill my battery or worse case set fire to my rock crawler or house

thanks for your help
Glenn

ps i also sent you an email
Old 06-08-2008, 08:08 AM   #896
Quarry Creeper

also the battery polarity is right, i've checked that a couple of times
Old 06-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #897
Rock Stacker

I'm in need of your expertise JRH . i know i want the 7t puller motor , and i need a 645 servo . now for the part where i am lost , which esc would you reccomend for it , and which bec ?
if you say the sidewinder , your going to have to program it (i'll order everything thru you once i have an answer) cause i am the only rider on the short bus when it comes to comps and any other electronics LOL
give me a sweet deal on the package if you can too , i'm almost broke
Old 06-09-2008, 04:27 AM   #898
RCC Addict

Jhon you havent posted in here in a week and a half... forget about us?
Old 06-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #899
Quarry Creeper

Whats up JRH? Is it safe to run a maxamps 1290mah 4s lipo w/ a mamba max, castle bec and a OG crawlmaster? I know on the side of the esc it says up to 3cell lipo, but since i'm using the bec eliminator, is 4s ok?
Old 06-10-2008, 12:48 PM   #900

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ View Post
JRH, I just ordered a Tekin Fxr from you, Do you not carry a HotWire cable for programming these. I didn't see it on your site. Are there any disadvantages to not having one or do they make it any easier to program. I guess what I'm getting at is do you recommend having It

TIA Steve
I have a few, and I do recommend them for tweaking the ESCs at home. Full programmability can be had from stick programming though. I just need to put them on the site at this point, thanks for the reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX10crawler View Post
hey john so im new to all the crawler electronics stuff. i Just bought a cc BEC as a recomendation from friends to get more power out of my servo. since my ESCs BEC is weak. so how do i plug everything in.
here is what i have:
li-po battery inline with a Novak li-po cut off then ESC red and black(battery conn.) then now the Novak cut off is plugged in to ch2 on the reciever and the ESC is plugged in to the Novak cut off.

here is the question where does my CC BEC plug in the reciever.??? and how do i disable the BEC from The ESC???? thanks in advance.
You can simply cut or remove the red wire from your ESCs rx plug to disable the BEC. The CC BEC can be plugged into any extra slot that you have, or you can use a y harness on your steering servo to plug the CC BEC into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCbasher View Post
I am about to order the electronics for my new Berg 2.2. I wonder what do you recommend? I'm trying to decide between your custom wound 55 turn motors, on 4 cells or your 35T on three cells? Do you know when you'll have the 35t back in stock? Could you comment on my thread in the Newbie section? Setting up an Enroute Berg 2.2 Looking forward to giving you my buisness,

Charlie
The 55t motor on 4 cell would be my choice, but I also run 35t motors on 3s. I would choose the 55t motor on higher voltage because runtime would be longer and amp draw would be lower for a similar power level.

35t should be in stock within a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocktoy View Post
Hey JRH can a CC Mamba max handle 2 7t pullers running a 3cell lipo?
Yep, no problem. Just make sure your battery can take 60amps continuous discharge or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckwelder View Post
I'm in need of your expertise JRH . i know i want the 7t puller motor , and i need a 645 servo . now for the part where i am lost , which esc would you reccomend for it , and which bec ?
if you say the sidewinder , your going to have to program it (i'll order everything thru you once i have an answer) cause i am the only rider on the short bus when it comes to comps and any other electronics LOL
give me a sweet deal on the package if you can too , i'm almost broke

The sidewinder and CC BEC would be a great choice. I can program it however you want. I don't have any package deals at this time that are better than the current pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsaun987 View Post
Whats up JRH? Is it safe to run a maxamps 1290mah 4s lipo w/ a mamba max, castle bec and a OG crawlmaster? I know on the side of the esc it says up to 3cell lipo, but since i'm using the bec eliminator, is 4s ok?
The 4s will push the OG motor pretty hard. Give it a shot, but you will need to gear as low as possible and watch the heat on the motor- the ESC won't really sweat at all.
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM