Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2008, 01:52 PM   #841
Quarry Creeper

I have a question on a new x-caliber LiPo.

I charged it the first time using my E-flite balancing charger - 2-3 cells w/ .65A output. It went like normal, no errors....
I ran it for about an hour and a half. Teken Rebel 2, 55T motor. I blew out a servo and was out for the day.

I hooked it up to my ICE using a pigtail I made for the charge circuit and obviously it gave me a low voltage error first thing. So, I try it this morning on the E-flite and it's giving me errors too. The voltage when I pulled it from the car was 3.3v and 3.4v testing each batt. Is there a chance that I screwed something up or maybe a bad cell and the other is giving a false reading?????
Or, do I need to say screw it to LiPos and stick with something I can't mess up??????
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2008, 02:11 PM   #842
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Those voltages are not very close, so it could be the pack. Is your voltmeter accurate to more decimal places? I am weary of you plugging it into your ice with a pigtail though, what exactly did you do?
Old 05-16-2008, 02:19 PM   #843
Rock Crawler

is it possible to use a black revolver with a 2cell lipo?
which pinion would you recommend?

axial trans
Old 05-16-2008, 03:04 PM   #844
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Those voltages are not very close, so it could be the pack. Is your voltmeter accurate to more decimal places? I am weary of you plugging it into your ice with a pigtail though, what exactly did you do?
I have a 3 pin setup that is what the balancer use, I soldered the red wire to the two + pins and the black to the - pin. I set up the ICE to charge at 1.5A for 2C 1600 LiPo. When I plugged it in and started the charge cycle, it started giving me the voltage output too low message.

I just remembered something. When I was driving my crawler, it started to loose power for a split second, then came back. When it slowed down I figured the power was getting to the cutoff and stopped it. But, that was well after the servo was about dead. I had busted my good servo and put an old one on the car.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:33 PM   #845
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwrighttt View Post
is it possible to use a black revolver with a 2cell lipo?
which pinion would you recommend?

axial trans
It is possible. I would recommend a 12t pinion. As low and slow as possible. If you gear up and get studdering issues it is either the motor petering out or the batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
I have a 3 pin setup that is what the balancer use, I soldered the red wire to the two + pins and the black to the - pin. I set up the ICE to charge at 1.5A for 2C 1600 LiPo. When I plugged it in and started the charge cycle, it started giving me the voltage output too low message.

I just remembered something. When I was driving my crawler, it started to loose power for a split second, then came back. When it slowed down I figured the power was getting to the cutoff and stopped it. But, that was well after the servo was about dead. I had busted my good servo and put an old one on the car.
Im not sure that I follow what you did. I would need to see a pic, but it doesn't sound right. When the vehicle slows down that does indicate LVC. Be sure that you are plugging it in right. Since you charged it one time you should have no problem charging it again unless either your charger or battery is indeed messed up.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #846
Quarry Creeper

I don't have a camera right now, but will get a pic.

Basically, it charged OK the first time and now won't take a charge. The ICE wouldn't start the charge, it gave me the voltage too low error. That's when I checked the voltage again and it was still at the 3.3 and 3.4.

Step by step.
1) When I was driving it slowed for a second then went back to normal - basically it was a sudden voltage drop then returned to normal.

2) It slowed down again in a few feet, so I turned it off and unplugged the battery. When I took it up to my truck and checked the voltage I got the 3.3 and 3.4.

I assumed the Teken R2 had a cutoff, but I don't think so. I thought I drew the batteries down too much, but it looks like the 3.3v area is still OK. OR is it too low? I figure I probably screwed the pack up somehow. First time running LiPo, so there has to be one casualty.... I just want to figure out what I did wrong. I'm getting another balanced charge unit to go with the ICE. The little one is too slow at .65A.

Thanks
Greg
Old 05-17-2008, 10:22 AM   #847

i just built my ax-10 kit and need a motor and esc. i have always used brushless in other applications and would like to stick to that theme. i really don't know what to choose yet, but based on the info on this site i would go for a quark 33, a crawlmaster 1000kv, and (2) thunder power 3s 13c 1320mah packs run in parallel .this is my first crawler and would like to get the power package right the first time! i will be using the tcs battery plates in the front. will the crawlmaster have to much power and break things often? also will the crawlmaster be a direct bolt on using the axial out-runner mount? thanks in advance!
Old 05-18-2008, 01:11 AM   #848
Quarry Creeper

hi john

just checking to see if you got my payment for 2 castle sidewinders and castle bullet connectors shipped priority mail to Australia, paid paypal from psthomas1(at)optusnet.com.au on the 10th may for $152

i also sent an email from...but i know you are busy with school and thought i'd just check in here, for my own peice of mind

thanks

Last edited by some_guy; 05-24-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:41 AM   #849
Pebble Pounder

I tried emailing you through your website with no response and noticed you are on here more, so I will ask here. Have you shipped my battery pack yet?
Payment was completed on May 9th.
The reason I am concerned is I had placed an order with you on May 4th and received the item on the 8th.

Thanks

Andrew
vltchkr_33@yahoo.com
Old 05-18-2008, 09:03 PM   #850
I wanna be Dave

John my 5 turn on 3s gets pretty warm. I want to get a heat sink for it but since its not 540 size I'm not sure what to get. What do I need to be looking for.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:49 PM   #851
Pebble Pounder

Hey John received my confirmation today THANKS!!!!

Andrew
Old 05-19-2008, 06:07 PM   #852
RCC Addict

Well!! Thats a good thing to know!!! Hey Erin!!! Lengthen the courses!!! heheehhe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigels_world View Post
John my 5 turn on 3s gets pretty warm. I want to get a heat sink for it but since its not 540 size I'm not sure what to get. What do I need to be looking for.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:01 AM   #853
Quarry Creeper

got your email, thanks john
Old 05-23-2008, 10:21 PM   #854
Quarry Creeper

Default status on my order

not sure if you got my email. would like an update on my order, #1754. payment has been cleared since 5/20/08. also could we just ship items when motor is available.

one more question. i have a mamba max esc. what do you recommend for the settings.
motor: 55t
battery: 8 cell 2/3a 1500
servo: 5955 TG
axial trans: 87/14
vf dig w/ 225MG
ccbec at 6v
radio: dx3r

thanks

Last edited by hardheaded; 05-24-2008 at 06:44 AM.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:00 AM   #855
RCC Addict

Looking into a motor for a semi-basher. Looking to jump it etc. It is an Axial Ax-10 rtr far from stock except electrics. Question is can I drop in your 7t cobalt puller? Do i need a better esc than the ax-1 immediately? And will it run on ordinary nicad and 2/3a cell packs?.........or should I go brushless?
Old 05-24-2008, 11:27 AM   #856
RCC Addict

how long would a mamba max hold up to two 10t cobalt pullers on 14.4 volts in a 20 pound truck? Is that a terrible idea? I'd like my 1:6 scaler to have some serious balls.
Old 05-24-2008, 01:46 PM   #857
Rock Crawler

John, I tried to e-mail you, but the forum would not let me. I bought a mamba max 4600 kv combo and hyperion 3025-8 from you a long time ago. I use the CC 4600kv motor in my stampede, and the hyperion in my Twin Force. When I puchased the combo, it worked perfectly in my stampede. Every time I have used the mamba max/hyperion combo in my Twin Force, it works good, except it stutters at WOT, almost as if it is cogging. I use a regulator, so I do not think that is the problem. I recently decided to move the controller back to the stampede. The truck cogs horribly, with or without a receiver pack, no matter which battery pack I use. The radio is a Fubuta 3PM, if that matters. Do you have any suggestions? I talked with you about this a long time ago, but we never found a solution.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:33 PM   #858
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorman1600 View Post
Ok, I tried to desolder the red wires to lengthen them. The heat sink prevented me from doing so. It got really hot. I also hot wired the on off switch. The controller still works. Good for me. But it seems like the battery runs out sooner. Did I damage the ESC and should I send it back to them for a tune up.:-(
i actually need new external wires put on my mamba max, as well. is this a service you could do? or should i send it back to castle?

thanks for the help.
Old 05-26-2008, 07:07 PM   #859
Rock Crawler

John I bought a hyperion EOS0606I AC/DC charger from you on 12/9/07 and have been charging every battery I have successfully on it from the day I got it. I have charged nicd, nimh, lopo and lead acid several times but today when I got home from the weekend and tried to charge my 5000mah 3 cell lipo all I got was OUTPUT CIRCUT PROBLEM so I tried every other battery I have with no luck. I even tried it on my car battery with no luck. The warranty says my selling dealer is my first piont of contact for warranty issues. So what should I do???

Last edited by tuner; 05-26-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:33 PM   #860
RCC Addict

Whats the latest on the 7t Cobalts? I ordered one last week. Just wondering
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM