Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 06:52 PM   #901
Rock Crawler

Default 27 turn stock motor

I want more wheel speed without going brushless. I was wondering if a stock 27 turn motor with stiffer springs would work for wheel speed and torque for comp crawling? I plan on running it with a 2c 2000 max amp Lipo bolted to an axial tranny....by the way, what pinion size to start with?
THANKS!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #902

John, I sent you an email with a few questions about a possible outrunner setup for a truck of mine.. just wondering if you got it since my email account seems to be acting up lately.

My email addy is moaschkenas(at)earthlink.net.

LMK if it ever showed up.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:10 PM   #903
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by difflocker View Post
I want more wheel speed without going brushless. I was wondering if a stock 27 turn motor with stiffer springs would work for wheel speed and torque for comp crawling? I plan on running it with a 2c 2000 max amp Lipo bolted to an axial tranny....by the way, what pinion size to start with?
THANKS!!!
Any lower turn motor will work, or you could just add more voltage to your current setup. I don't even know what you have though, so if you want more speed just use a bigger pinion.

Bolting your battery to the tranny sounds silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimeBag View Post
John, I sent you an email with a few questions about a possible outrunner setup for a truck of mine.. just wondering if you got it since my email account seems to be acting up lately.

My email addy is moaschkenas(at)earthlink.net.

LMK if it ever showed up.

Didn't get anything today that I didn't already respond to.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:46 PM   #904

I think i accidently sent it to your hotmail addy.

I re sent it to your customer service addy posted on here if that helps.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:34 PM   #905
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Any lower turn motor will work, or you could just add more voltage to your current setup. I don't even know what you have though, so if you want more speed just use a bigger pinion.

Bolting your battery to the tranny sounds silly

Didn't get anything today that I didn't already respond to.
Sorry....I meant that the motor was bolted to an Axial tranny So what would be a good starting point (pinion) for a 27t motor on an Axial tranny without losing too much low end torque? Thanks!
Old 06-11-2008, 09:26 AM   #906
Quarry Creeper

just got my cobalt 7t and it just seems slow ive got 7cell nimh saddle pack. stock axial gearing just need to know do i need to go to lipo to feel the full power.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:43 AM   #907

Quote:
Originally Posted by difflocker View Post
Sorry....I meant that the motor was bolted to an Axial tranny So what would be a good starting point (pinion) for a 27t motor on an Axial tranny without losing too much low end torque? Thanks!
I would start with a 14t, but if you are really looking for speed a 20t would be the ticket- or just use a 14t and double your voltage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killa b View Post
just got my cobalt 7t and it just seems slow ive got 7cell nimh saddle pack. stock axial gearing just need to know do i need to go to lipo to feel the full power.
More voltage. You don't need lipo, just more voltage. The 7t isn't any faster than a 27t motor timed to zero, so only marginally faster than a 35t motor.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:51 AM   #908
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
I would start with a 14t, but if you are really looking for speed a 20t would be the ticket- or just use a 14t and double your voltage.

More voltage. You don't need lipo, just more voltage. The 7t isn't any faster than a 27t motor timed to zero, so only marginally faster than a 35t motor.
I appreciate the info..THANKS again
Old 06-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #909
Nope..

So, I have a question. What can the sidewinder take at the max from your experience? Can it take a 7T or 10T at 14.4V? I need something and kinda quick. I have a scale "Mudbowl" event and I can't take the WK 7T/MM/14V due to too much articulation and the Crushers being too tall. So, now I need to build something else or mod an existing truck.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:29 PM   #910

I have never used the 7t on 14.4, but with nimh you should be able to swing it. It really depends on how high you gear it.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:02 PM   #911
Rock Crawler

Default In serch of.

Im looking for a 540 size 27x1 wind motor that will stay together with 21.6 volts-18 cells , Can you help. Its for a 4x4 sand racer.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:37 PM   #912
Rock Crawler

John, I sent a bad 0606i charger to empire and I contacted garry and he said that they got my charger. Just wondering if you have sent me a replacment yet.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:09 PM   #913
Quarry Creeper

Default battery status

sir,
interested in purchasing a pair of Elite 1500 10 cell (12.0v) Saddle pack #193. website shows out of stock. when will it be available.
thanks
Old 06-11-2008, 10:02 PM   #914
Rock Stacker

Hey John - I've bought some products from you in the past and I know your the electronics "guru".
I have a question for ya (I'm new to rc and just had my truck built up for me).
I'm having an issue where I fully charge my battery (electrifly 11.1v 910mah), install it in the truck and it works great for about 5 minutes plenty of wheel speed and torque and then in gradually starts loosing wheelspeed to the point that it will barely move forward - the front tires will turn side to side in a stationary position but the rig won't move forward or backwards. I tried a brand new battery and fully charged it with a Quattro plus pro-peak charger - and got the same results.
Any idea what might be causing this?
I finally got everything together after almost 3 months and now I can't use it!!
Thanks!
-Tim
Old 06-11-2008, 11:14 PM   #915

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratterd View Post
Im looking for a 540 size 27x1 wind motor that will stay together with 21.6 volts-18 cells , Can you help. Its for a 4x4 sand racer.
That is a ton of voltage for a 27t, but my Pro Handwinds are epoxy dipped and dynamically balanced. This will allow the maximum RPM available on a motor. I can have it special wound and tuned for you, is that what you would like? A 30t motor might be a better choice IMO, but it depends on vehicle weight and geardown as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs tunner View Post
John, I sent a bad 0606i charger to empire and I contacted garry and he said that they got my charger. Just wondering if you have sent me a replacment yet.
Yes sir, your charger will be in the mail tomorrow. Just got the replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardheaded View Post
sir,
interested in purchasing a pair of Elite 1500 10 cell (12.0v) Saddle pack #193. website shows out of stock. when will it be available.
thanks
I have no lead time right now. I am not sure if I will continue to carry them, I am weighing how often I have to replace new packs against the cost (very little margin). It boils down to 6-10 cells to go bad in a pack vs 2 or 3 for lithium based packs. I would suggest cheapbatterypacks.com if you need a pack built up fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timspr View Post
Hey John - I've bought some products from you in the past and I know your the electronics "guru".
I have a question for ya (I'm new to rc and just had my truck built up for me).
I'm having an issue where I fully charge my battery (electrifly 11.1v 910mah), install it in the truck and it works great for about 5 minutes plenty of wheel speed and torque and then in gradually starts loosing wheelspeed to the point that it will barely move forward - the front tires will turn side to side in a stationary position but the rig won't move forward or backwards. I tried a brand new battery and fully charged it with a Quattro plus pro-peak charger - and got the same results.
Any idea what might be causing this?
I finally got everything together after almost 3 months and now I can't use it!!
Thanks!
-Tim
What motor and vehicle are you running? Is the lipo hot when you are done? What brand new battery did you try? Sounds like bad batteries.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:17 PM   #916
Rock Stacker

55t integy, mamba max - ccbec, r2d tranny w/disco, 5595 servo, 645 for the dig
Lipo is not hot, esc isn't hot either.
Both batteries I tried are the electrifly ones.
Thnx.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:18 PM   #917

Sounds like they can't cut the mustard. Try something else, try a friends pack or any other pack.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:21 PM   #918
Rock Stacker

Cool, thnx John.
I'm going to take it back in to CKRC tomorrow and let them look at it.
By the way what pack would you recommend - thunder power, maxamps?
-T
Old 06-11-2008, 11:26 PM   #919

Anything you can get your hands on. Stick with 2000mah or more, 15C or above.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:30 PM   #920
Rock Stacker

Cool, thnx.
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM