Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: exceed rc maxstone 16 upgrades and tuning?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #401
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: exceed rc maxstone 16 upgrades and tuning?

Yes pictures would be nice. I wish i would of read your reply eariler because 10 mins before i read it i blew my esc! I was tryin to run 2 servos. Do you need a bec with the fireball 370? And do you need a bec if you have a 3-channel reciever/transimitter because i have one in the mail. Does anybody know/tried if bent lower links with a 4- link setup will work? Does the motor mounting for the EZRUN brushless motor work or do you need a new motor mount plate. Lastly, did you lose any torque with the 370 motor or just an increase in speed? I know its alot of questions... lol
MiniMorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2012, 08:41 PM   #402
Rock Stacker

i will get the pics up probably tomorrow. but with the washer fix it takes the slop out of the wheels too. i don't know if you need the BEC with the fireball, it would prob be a good idea, i already had my castle BEC installed when i put the fireball in, so im not for sure on that one. and the venom fireball 370 has PLENTY of torque. and it will be able to rip up some hills with it. the extra wheel-speed makes a hell of difference. you just need the B/C slot on the receiver. that is where the BEC will plug into. i used a Y harness for the two servos too. i am using the stock Receiver with mine. haven't bent links yet but plan on it. and i don't know about the EZRUN brushless motor. thats a gamble , i just know the fireball worked perfect. got one on e-bay for $6.00. only thing i had to do to the motor was change the plugs. it comes stock with micro plugs and they are way to small. if you look at them on e-bay you will see what im talking about. but 6 bucks beats the shit out of 50.00 for a brushless system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMorris View Post
Yes pictures would be nice. I wish i would of read your reply eariler because 10 mins before i read it i blew my esc! I was tryin to run 2 servos. Do you need a bec with the fireball 370? And do you need a bec if you have a 3-channel reciever/transimitter because i have one in the mail. Does anybody know/tried if bent lower links with a 4- link setup will work? Does the motor mounting for the EZRUN brushless motor work or do you need a new motor mount plate. Lastly, did you lose any torque with the 370 motor or just an increase in speed? I know its alot of questions... lol
e_w_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:28 AM   #403
Rock Stacker

This is how i fixed the dog-bone from popping out. i did it to the front and the rear. i actually made my washers out of an old gift card too so i didn't even have to buy anything. the only thing you CANNOT do it tighten the nut that holds on the wheel really tight. you will want to just barley snug it down to get to the locking plastic tread on the wheel nut. if you tighten it down really tight the wheel will not move. i have never had any problems with the wheels coming loose either, even thought there just barley snug down the lock nut will not come off. the little white washer on the wheel axle is the piece i made. very easy fix. and like i said this will take the slop out of the wheels. i never had them pop out again since this fix, even with the 370 fireball.

Last edited by e_w_b; 02-10-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:21 PM   #404
Quarry Creeper

Smile Re: exceed rc maxstone 16 upgrades and tuning?

Ok, Thank you im keppeing what i have for the front axel but.. i plan on doing that (when replace knuckles i ordered) to my rear axel (4ws) and we'll see what works best.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #405
Rock Crawler

Hi i just got my ems 16 today. I have a rs10 moa but this is my first shafty. I have plans to go more of a scaler for this and give it to my wife to mess around with when i take my crawler out. So i definately need a lot more wheel speed. How do you wire the bec and do i even need one just to run a faster motor
Jcplante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 04:25 PM   #406
Quarry Creeper

hey, i am predicting that i will break the cheap stock driveshafts because they are at a pretty extreme angle and the brushless power may be too much will these HD one's work or should i use the center cvd kit?? cuz to me it looks like the HD drive shfts are CVD's ??

https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/integy-...f6d81cd8601714

https://www.ckrccrawlers.com/integy-...f6d81cd8601714
Old 02-17-2012, 04:39 PM   #407
Quarry Creeper

Jcplante, If you run the Venon Fireball 370, im 90% sure the stock ESC will work. You can keep same gearing with plenty of torque and speed. However, if you plan to upgrade to more powerful (more power drawing) servo in the future and keeping stock ESC then a BEC would be a good idea. It just depends on the motor. Also there are many fourms on bec's that you can check out. Most have wireing diagrams posted. Im definalty not the expert at bec's so if anyone was to add-on/correct me, Go for it. I dont want to lead you down the wrong path.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #408
Rock Stacker

hi i just joined and i have a maxstone 16 that is stock im thinking of converting it to a 4 link system any suggestions?
peterk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:38 AM   #409
Quarry Creeper

Check out Page 17, Post 336, easiest way to do 4 link.. also another thing that should be on the top of your list is lowering the center of gravity. I split my stock pack into a saddle pack to mounted on my upper links, Helps.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #410

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterk View Post
hi i just joined and i have a maxstone 16 that is stock im thinking of converting it to a 4 link system any suggestions?
if you look at page 17 around post 330 you will find what other have done, to give you an idea of what you need to do in order to make a 4 link, there is easier ways just all in how extreme you want to go. We left lower links in factory position, took the upper 3 link apart used the link bars put straight traxxas ball ends on them mounted chassis side to factory location used hobby plate in the rear mounted to rear servo mount, connected upper bars there. Its a little more involved not much though, hope that helps.
mytuner2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:44 PM   #411
Rock Stacker

hey can you post pictures of the way you did the four link?
Old 04-19-2012, 12:05 PM   #412

IMG_0045.jpg picture by mytuner2002 - Photobucket

Last edited by mytuner2002; 04-19-2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: trying to post pictures
Old 04-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #413

e_w_b, cant figure out how to post pictures in thread but heres a photo bucket link. You should have better idea of what we did.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #414
Rock Stacker

looks good man, and yes it is a little complicated to post pics. but i jus got some new tires n wheels for mine ill post pics soon. so do you still have alot of torque twist in the front with the stock three link?
Old 04-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #415
Rock Stacker

Old 04-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #416

servo upgrade and front 4 link today maybe after UPS shows, ordered 1/10th scale servo. What are your thoughts on bta steering with that size servo really trying to do something different from the ones I've seen here. And also does anyone know how much wider the chassis has to be to accept a brushless or 370 motor, and what else needs to be done?
Old 04-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #417

tried the front yesterday but couldn't even get close to the amount of articulation it had factory. so I'm going to have to try again, my buddy says no but I think the TT in the front needs to be addressed. But the loss of articulation seems to be fine for most, the pictures seem to have less articulation too
Old 04-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #418

Old 04-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #419
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mytuner2002 View Post
tried the front yesterday but couldn't even get close to the amount of articulation it had factory. so I'm going to have to try again, my buddy says no but I think the TT in the front needs to be addressed. But the loss of articulation seems to be fine for most, the pictures seem to have less articulation too
you are going to loose some articulation when doing 4-link all the way around. but i think it is worth sacrificing the articulating to eliminate more of the torque twist. ill post some more pics of the articulation on mu rig.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:23 AM   #420

Ive been playing with a maxstone16 for about a month now and aside from the esc catching on fire and drowning my receiver its been a fun truck. today i broke the stock servo arm rolling it down a hill. Im a newb and the part that nitro rc carry's as a replacement looks nothing like the factory one, so does anyone know of a replacement that fits the stock servo output shaft? i can measure for length my biggest worry while looking at them is weather or not the output shaft on the servo is the same size as a shaft on a full scale servo.
Other then that ive had a blast with the little truck, it see's more mud and dirt then rocks becuase its what i have to play in locally and so far it has taken it like a champ. after reading this i may look into a motor upgrade for more wheelspeed becuase its the one thing i feel it lacks.

tdlr: who sells a servo arm that fits the stock servo? if no one knows ill probably order the replacement from nitrorc and figure it out.
dropstep is offline   Reply With Quote