Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2016, 09:26 AM   #2141

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

loooong time lurker of the forum from western PA. Been beating on Venom creeper, Axial ridgecrest and now a money pit Yeti. Also wheel 1.1 junk.
thirteenbelow0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2016, 12:44 PM   #2142

Hello,

I'm fairly new to the hobby, always liked RC's but never took the plunge until last fall. Being an avid tinkerer and gearhead, and after watching a few Fast Eddy assembly videos on YouTube last fall that did it... I bought my first kit and built an Axial Yeti, and it was right up my alley! Since then I've been running it around the yard at home, breaking a few things here and there, and upgrading with aftermarket parts. Enjoying the hobby, as with anything I'm finding the stock stuff needs upgraded. Be nice to meet some fellow enthusiasts here around central KY.
Yeti380Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:41 PM   #2143

Thanks for the site.
Name is Joe I'm in Houston tx. I have an axial wraith. I recently acquired and have now began moding it. Hope to get some guidance on next step rear wheel steering...
Hillje00xt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 08:26 AM   #2144

Greetings all, I'm wayne from Indonesia
finewayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 06:44 AM   #2145

Hey guys! new to the site but not the hobby! just moved to New England from the big apple! with a more rural setting and better availability I wanted to revisit Scale RC trucks and crawlers! I recently picked up a used RC4WD Trail stomper and have been tweaking it to my liking. I have it set up more as 1:9 scale at the moment. looking for lots of ideas tips and tricks. I also want to meet people like me that enjoy this part of the hobby that's why I'm here. So hello everyone hope I can be of assistance as well.
Mrfu2122603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:29 PM   #2146

CJ from Texas, running a SCX10 and a SCX10 II..
Thanks for the forum guys..
TXScaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:44 PM   #2147

Hi All, my name is Rob from Lakewood California. I've been into Rc cars since the early 80's when i was a kid. Have been away from it for a while until a few years ago I started back up. Been collecting some older cars that I had way back when, mostly Tamiya: falcon, porsche 959, hpi rs4, tram associated rc10, still want to get a few more. I have a Traxxas t-maxx, 1/16 revo. Recently i build a repo kyosho tomahawk (really nice buggy) now i have a cc01, cr02 and scx10 honcho. I really like the realistic scale details of the hobby and want to customize mine, possibly build a hardbody from scratch. Thanks Rob
Littlecabezas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 04:17 PM   #2148
Rock Stacker

Hi everyone.
Been lurking for a little while now and decided to join. Been into RC for many years, early 80s or there abouts. I own a few rc vehicles but only one crawler which is an AX10 Scorpion. Going to slowly work on it and turn it more into a scaler. I've got a few parts on they way now to start the transformation.
Looking forward to hanging out and chatting with y'all.
j.krug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 07:34 PM   #2149
Rock Stacker

Read the board for a while. Just noticed my post count is zero, swore I've posted a few times,but in any case hello.used to race 1/10 buggies when the gold chassis RC10 was top dog.Been running gas boats and trucks for years.Scale crawlers look cool so decided to try one or a dozen, got a CR01 Bronco and a Axial Bomber
granite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:44 PM   #2150

New user here. I have been racing RC cars on-road and off-road for over 15 years but crawlers are a new avenue for me. I just picked up a new SCX10 2; can't wait to get her built!
tandum4056 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 02:36 AM   #2151
Pebble Pounder

New guy. Got myself a scx10 falken today. First r/c since mid 80s. Loving it. Can't wait to start molding it!
Ltd.yfz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:32 AM   #2152

Newbie from Kentucky -completely to the core. I do not have an RC crawler and never thought I would want one. However, lately, I've found myself driving by hobby shops, after hours, late at night peering into the show case window when nobody was watching. Ok, so actually, I'm trying to find something my 9-year-old son and I can do together. He's a real science nerd and he thinks the Comp Crawlers look like Robots. We have been watching videos and asking questions around town but not a very big Crawler community in this area. Some people have said to me Comp Crawlers have been on a decline but that has not curbed my son's interest in them. Anyway, this is only an introduction to the group, no real questions until after I search past threads, watch more videos with my son and start assembling a first purchase game plan. Thanks
blueranger660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:16 PM   #2153

Hey everybody

Name is Chris from Surrey BC and have been lurking on here for a long time. Been into rc cars since I was a kid with a few tamiya cars. Have had an ax10 and scx10 for a few years but never really used them at all. Recently pulled them off the shelf and looking to upgrade them.
Chris83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:16 PM   #2154
mta

Hello I'm Mike i have a hgp401 1.9 4x4 scale starter
I currently live in New Mexico looking for some help with my current set up!
The thing i have read an seen is the bumpers hanging up because there to low and bulky. So what i have done before i ran the truck was flip mounts raise bumpers 3 inches or so trim body raise posts an so on. Then went with axial 1.9 tires an wheels they work 1000% better than the stocks. So now im looking to start replacing plastic with metal it has tons of power very good gearing climbs straight up a wall (thanks to the axial tires) one thing i do not understand is when i am about to set up an push on something i hear a small popping almost the same as a slipper clutch my rear tends to lock an stop then back up an go at it again same noise but goes rather then sit an pop! The last crawlers i had were all redcat set ups an a friends axial scaler i liked alot but some reason i could not pass the 120$ price of this hg thing an think i am gonna start a build thread when i go about swapping parts! Just need a good suggestive place to start an any Info on these i have seen maybe a hand full of posts on these! Thanks look forward to the help read some write ups on here for my other trucks an see this is a good place to start!
mta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 02:19 PM   #2155

Hi everyone.
I have been into R/C for over 30 years
in order
Nitro Planes, Nitro Helis, Electric Planes now Electric trucks
So far having FUN
derfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 08:33 AM   #2156

hi everyone. newbie here from Philippines.
i have an SCX10 Ram and Falken, 2 months in the scale category and really enjoying it.
i have been into Quad Rotors and Off road bashers.
joelnacin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 05:08 PM   #2157

Hello All,

Newbie to RC's in general, I've been lurking around since last week after purchasing my first RC which is a Rustler. My first crawler I just got is a SCX10.
jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:57 PM   #2158
RCC Addict

Welcome! Hey, don't I know you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris83 View Post
Hey everybody

Name is Chris from Surrey BC and have been lurking on here for a long time. Been into rc cars since I was a kid with a few tamiya cars. Have had an ax10 and scx10 for a few years but never really used them at all. Recently pulled them off the shelf and looking to upgrade them.
Killa-Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 09:45 PM   #2159

Hi, Newbie here

Been in RC for 5 years or so, mostly in trucks and buggy`s, now also mlticopters and now maybe crawlers.
Looking for a way to build one
OrangePower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 04:29 AM   #2160
auf

Hi...
Does anybody know any online rc store who sell mad torque 8x8 and ship to Indonesia?
auf is offline   Reply With Quote