Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2016, 05:26 PM   #2261

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

I am new to Forum from Irving, Dallas. I have a SCX10 Deadbolt and would love to join any group on weekends within 15-20 mile range, please let me know, Thanks.
Rajesh11sept is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2016, 08:45 PM   #2262

Been into R/C for a long time, but just started getting into the big boy toys. I have a Helion Dominus and a Axial Deadbolt (SCX10). Mainly got the crawler to play with my son and his slower trucks. Hoping to get into upgrades and meeting others.
SSGTOZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 09:52 PM   #2263

Hey whats up fellow crawlers! New to the RC world from Los Angeles, CA. Currently running a SCX10 Honcho with Hot Racing 4 link and Proline Hilux body (only upgrades so far). Gonna want to upgrade the hell out of this thing so ill be using this forum for help. Recently got my 8 year old into RCs also so thats a plus. Happy New Year!
MrJakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 02:35 PM   #2264
Rock Stacker

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year! Just joined a local scale group and got some cool goodies for my first rig for christmas. Cannont wait to get started!
MUF DVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:46 AM   #2265

Good afternoon, guys.
I’ll introduce myself. My name is Adolfo, but they call me Dino, hence the nickname on the forum. I’m a newbie in the hobby of the Rc, although when I was a kid I had enough fun with airplanes models, cars, tanks ...
Now I have a 6 years old kid , we’ve bought a smal crawler called a Pangolin and a Vaterra Twin Hammers and when we go to the field we have a good time. Now I want to learn a little more so I’ve decided to buy a kit. I’ll post you with a lot of doubts I’m sure
Greetings and happy New Year
Dino

P.D. Sorry for my English (it’s a little rusty)
crawlerdino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 12:53 PM   #2266

New guy. From Bay Area Ca Got myself a ambush and micro losi today. First r/c since mid 90s. I Can't wait to start build custom jeep willys with winch and more. Gotta love it! It's so FUN!
Happy NEw year!
Jeepwillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 01:08 PM   #2267

Newbie here. I was into rc as a kid which was a few decades ago. About a month ago I picked up a grasshopper to get my feet wet again in rc. I have since built a tamiya tt02 kit and just finished an axial scx10.2.

I have been reading the forums a few days so decided to join and hang out some. I'm in central Ohio.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:56 PM   #2268

Greetings from the Flint Hills of Kansas.

A few years ago I got one each of the Nylint 1:6 Rock Crawlers. The Orange Jeep I played with quite a bit, the Red Limited Edition Scorpion I kept NIB. We ended up moving and they got put into storage. My grandsons got small RC crawlers for Christmas this year so I decided to get mine out of the storage shed. The charger for the one I had been using was misplaced during the move and the box for the one I kept NIB got water damaged so I went ahead and removed the damaged box and got the crawler out. I used the charger for the NIB one and plugged in the one I had been using in hopes that the battery was recoverable. After 24 hours the battery is only up to 10.15V so I decided to plug in the battery of the one that had never been connected. Hopefully it will take a charge. Will know tomorrow.

While searching for information on them I found this site. One post said there was a brand specific forum for these however I don't see it.

So does anyone still mess with these or are they a fad whose time has passed?

Dieselbuilder
From the Flint Hills of Kansas
Dieselbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 04:28 PM   #2269

Hey guys, another Canuck from the frozen north here. Well the day has come my boys are at that age they can handle real Rc' she so I jumped in head first!!! So far we built a Bomber and 2 scx10's, and waiting for a Yeti to arrive😃
Axialnewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 05:07 PM   #2270

Happy New Years everyone I'm from upstate South Carolina. I'm getting ready to get me a bomber kit and build it soon and hope to build a scx10 after that.
Ncrooks89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:16 PM   #2271

Bey yall new member her from GA. Building my first truggy and about to hopefully pick up a tf2 soon.
PorkChop88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 11:57 PM   #2272

What's up everybody? I'm not new to the rc world at all. I grew up racing on carpet tracks all threw highschool. Well as we all know life...and some beer...got in the way and I l
Got out of the hobby for a while. Well after a few months of research on this forum and the web I just bought an axial scx10ii kit...how cliche? Well it came in the maIL today and I'm stoked. Oh by the way my names Mark...I'm a 29 year old master diesel tech from massachusetts. I can't wait to build this rig and get out there. Seems like a solid community.
666markb666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 02:35 PM   #2273
Rock Stacker

Hey y'all. The name is Logan and I'm from South Mississippi. I've been in and out of rc for the past 12 years, but it has been a little while since my last rig. Last month I picked up a Vaterra Ascender to start crawling with when I'm on the trail hanging out or when my 1:1 trail rig is broken or under the knife. I'm ate up with how much fun crawling these little trucks is. My friend has an scx10ii that he got the same time I got my ascender, so I always have someone to crawl with which is pretty awesome.

Looking forward to being a part of this forum, seems a great place so far. See you out there.
Happy crawling.
youngDUMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 04:08 PM   #2274

Hello all. New guy here from Ontario Canada. Had many RC's over the years but recently picked up an scx10 unlimited Currie addition and having a blast with it. I am already looking at getting a second SCX10 (2) kit to build so I can enjoy the hobby with my kids.

Justin
Leyland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:21 PM   #2275
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Aloha everyone. I'm from Hawaii on the island of Maui. This is my first dabble into hobby grade rc and ordered a SCX10 II. I'm a Toyota guy so it will have a Toyota body on it soon. Hopefully this hobby will hold me over in between building my daily driver '16 Tundra and my crawler '82 Toyota pickup. Hope to learn a lot here and have a good time.

Mahalo

Last edited by not-required; 01-07-2017 at 02:23 PM.
not-required is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:31 PM   #2276

Thumbs up Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Not really a newbie, just new here. I started out in RC years ago with a Tamiya Super Champ. A couple other cars since then, built a PT109 rc boat and then just recently and inadvertently ran across 1/10 Landie crawlers!
I have an RC4WD D90 on order now.

I'll be lurking around here soaking up the wisdom.
TIA all.
IppoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:05 PM   #2277

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC DRVR View Post
New 1/10th Yeti owner here. First crawler, but not new to RC. I started back in the day of the Tamiya Grasshopper, Blackfoot, Clodbuster, RC 10 and Optima Mid. Still have a few of them. Also run a Revo 3.3. Looking to learn a lot about crawlers here. I see a second one in my future at some point................
Update, got my SCX 10 about 3 months after getting my Yeti.....
RC DRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 06:54 PM   #2278

Hello all,
Danny from western Kentucky, I own a couple of pro-line micro crawlers. Now I am hooked, just ordered a axial scx10II kit. I will be looking for advice on electronics. Thank you in advance for patients and advice!
Wallosflooring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 11:55 AM   #2279

hello all,.new to this forum,.im from PA,.just getting into crawling,.ordered 2 ecx barrage rtr for the wife and I,.ive been in the rc hobby for 20+ years,.got out of it for awhile but the last few years my wife and I go out bashing,.we currently own a 1/5 rovan,.1/5 king motor,.Tamiya lunch box,.Tamiya midnight pumpkin,.2 wltoys 1/24 sc trucks and soon 2 ecx barrage's,also have a few wltoys helis and a walkera 450d03 that I'm too scared to fly..i want to build a gmade sawback at some point also and after I play around with the barrage ill probably order the saw back
shortboxchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:08 PM   #2280

Hello all!
From SoCal in the LA area. Not new to RC but definitely new to scale trucks. Seeing so many sweet setups from lurking this forum has given me the bug. Right now I have the gelande ii 1/18 to tinker around with but looking at diving into 1/10 scale. Most likely RC4wd chassis as I love the scale details. Just picked up the Futaba 4pv as a start. My other RC background are 3d planes and helis. Definitely looking forward to being a part of the forum. Thanks!
kbzx35 is offline   Reply With Quote