Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2016, 07:56 AM   #2121
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hi guys, names Louie and from midland mi. Have two pretty built trucks at the moment and looking to start a third. the two I have now are a very built wraith and built scx10. Like to go crawling and spend time with the family. Joined here to expand my knowledge and learn a few tricks on the way.
Betts818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2016, 04:12 AM   #2122

Cool Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hi I'm brad, I'm from the Isle of Wight in UK. New to crawling wanted something cheap to start out got a seben racing me4 basic starter £109 ebay. Now I hooked. building obstacles in back yard way more fun than cutting the grass more to come.
Bradrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 10:48 AM   #2123

I'm plasticbadger, or Rich
From New Forest, UK
Current rig is a crusty (but running again today) Mardave Marauder dating from the '80's! I have a new rtr buggy on the way for my son and I'm shopping for a scale crawler for me.

I spanner / build for Moose Offroad, a U.K. Trophy Raid / Ultra 4 team and have a modified 1:1 Toyota Lancruiser 80 support / chase truck. I'm looking for something I can do more with my kids until they're big enough for 1:1 racing!
Plasticbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 10:50 AM   #2124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradrock View Post
Hi I'm brad, I'm from the Isle of Wight in UK. New to crawling wanted something cheap to start out got a seben racing me4 basic starter £109 ebay. Now I hooked. building obstacles in back yard way more fun than cutting the grass more to come.
Hey brad, your close to me, do you know if there's any Hampshire/isle of wight clubs? South Hants is a mile or so from me, but don't seem to have got their crawler stuff going.
Plasticbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:38 AM   #2125

Hi, I'm Gordon from Kent in UK. Been racing RC 1/10 scale touring cars and off road buggies on and off for years but fancied a change of pace after giving up racing a few years ago. So after investigating what to do next in RC scale trucks and crawlers got my attention. It was Harley Design's videos on youtube that really got me interested in crawlers and scale trail trucks, then a Axial DeadBolt RTR came up on ebay the other day and i pushed the button. it arrived this morning and cant wait to get it home and have a play in the garden.
Minster68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 09:01 PM   #2126

Here's a noob question,,,can I run my Axial Wraith and Axial Score rigs on the same stock TTX300 controller,,not at the same time DOH!,,,just don't wanna have 2 TX's,,, Anyone have a link that could tell me how to do it! Thanks!
BigJohn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 11:01 PM   #2127

I guess I missed my newb post a few weeks ago. Been a RC crawler for a few months and came across this forum. I love my wraith and I'm constantly making it better and learning new things about it. These forums have been a huge help spending my money.
Jindustries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 07:16 AM   #2128
Quarry Creeper

Hi,
I just started this weekend with new Axial Yeti RTR (Ready To Replace). Nice forum here, helps alot

Tom Frajer from Prague, Czech Republic

Last edited by TomFrajer; 06-06-2016 at 07:28 AM.
TomFrajer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 02:51 PM   #2129

Just joined the forums. Thanks for having me here. I've been working on a scx10 build for the last couple months.
Scx10F350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:12 PM   #2130

Hello everyone, My name is Pete and I am from Pennsylvania. I just got an Axial Wraith second-hand from a friend. The rig looks very cool and I am excited to test it out this weekend. It is bone-stock currently, I look forward to upgrading it and making it a solid rig.
peteseiler1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 01:17 PM   #2131

Thumbs up Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

hey guy's and gal's , Billy here and I hail from irving in the "Lone Star" state
I've been pondering for about a year to get into this wild ass thing y'all call crawler's, I follow a lotta you guy's on Instagram , and today I think i'm gonna take the plung, I was almost killed a year ago at work and been recovering with a lotta time on my hands, i'm torn bwtween the sxc10 and shoot I can't remember what else , but i'm headed to the hobby shop after this post!
I look forward to all the help i', sure i'll get from this site!
b.d.griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:57 AM   #2132
Pebble Pounder

Hello. I am a newbie to crawlers. In fact, I don't even own one yet. I have had some experience in carpet racing years ago and most recently with an Emaxx. The Emaxx is just getting boring and I am tired of it breaking. I am considering an Axial SCX10 II. I have figured out that crawling is vastly different than what other RC vehicles can or will do. I need to figure things out such as ESC, motor and servo for when I begin my build. I am looking forward to learning from you.
kkipp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 07:25 PM   #2133

Hi all,

My name is Kevin I live in southeast Michigan and I have had rc cars though out my life and had a revo 3.3 I just converted to brushless and now I want to get into comp crawling I had a jeep I built into a crawler non rc which I had to sell when I had a family now I think rc crawling in a perfect fix for me and something I can pass on to the kids. I would like to do super class but I am stuck on where to start I fell in love with the xr 10 only to find out its discontinued. My question is where should I start I'm thinking about a mad torque and moding it into a super. Any insight would be helpfull.

Thank you,
Kevin

Last edited by Squirlly; 06-19-2016 at 07:29 PM.
Squirlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:50 AM   #2134

Hey Everyone.
Karl here.

Iv been into RC for the last 10 years racing buggies and truggies. but over the last 2 years have stopped racing an been drifting CS ad rwd. Now getting into crawling so i can play and baby sit my daughter haha

Have spent the last week reading about crawlers and whats out there.

Now I dont no which one to get.

Im looking at Axial waith, scx10, RR10 and Gmade R1.
Karlb07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:58 AM   #2135
Quarry Creeper

Hey everyone,

I'm Tuan from Tacoma, WA. I just picked up a Axial SCX10 Wrangler G6 Falken. I wanted a hobby that lets me build and mod without taking up too much space, time or cause costly damage.

tuanies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 11:15 AM   #2136

Hey everyone.

New to the hobby, just got a Axial Bomber Kit, looking forward to building it up. just love the aftermarket parts for these rigs,,

unbelievable, !

I'm from Salmon Arm , British Columbia.

later

Cheers!
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 05:00 AM   #2137

Hey all from australia im currently building my scx10 with decent amount of upgrades and hard jeep hard body sitting really low on the chassis
dan2791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:54 PM   #2138

hello from australia
ive been into rc for 2.5 years now
got a couple cars ..scx10, wraith, berg, xr10 .. still want more.
3dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 06:25 AM   #2139

Hey all,

Just following instructions. I'm a multirotor guy moving into bashing. Having a lot of fun with my RTR Yeti. Going on a bit of a hunt in this forum for a good set of tires for running against slashes on hard clay with some soft spots. Stock yeti tires are pretty much garbage. The only good thing about them is my drifting skills have improved.
robojunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 03:52 PM   #2140

Hi everyone,I'm based in south west London,in the UK.

I've been picking up some Tamiya buggies cheap off eBay,and then took the plunge on a CC-01 Landfreeder,which I'm in the process of upgrading. Really enjoying trail driving with it,and I'm here to explore more play options��

kirk13 is offline   Reply With Quote