Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2016, 05:04 AM   #2101

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hi everyone, im from croatia, not a total crawler noob but not far from it I just registered and made a thread on my current project but when i clicked to post it some message popped up but was gone immediately so i didnt have time to read it and my thread didnt show up. I tried to make a thread in the testing section and everything went fine.. Do admins have to approve my thread or something so it will show up later or should i just go and try again? I tried to find the answer on faq and rules but came up with nothing.
I hope i put this in a right topic , please move it if its in a wrong place

EDIT: solved the mistery, mods need to approve it

Last edited by Oddball; 05-04-2016 at 05:53 AM.
Oddball is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2016, 08:46 AM   #2102

Newbie here, trying to get info for the next build for my 7year old, he has an Axial Rubicon Santa brought him but his over-achieving dad built the back yard crawler course too big for the 1.9 so now we have no choice but to build a 2.2 crawler
holiday13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 03:41 PM   #2103

Just picked up a yeti xl and decided to join the forum... some knowledgeable people here so I will need all the help I can to get this thing to be reliable... into rc boats pretty hard but I am starting to enjoy rc trucks more and more hope to interact with some of you

Thanks people!
Riipfence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 08:56 PM   #2104

Hey all! Soon to be noob here. Rusty from Nashville, TN. I am about to purchase a RTR for my first RC, but plan on building a kit after that, so I can get my hands dirty some too. All of the sweet videos and pics have given me the bug to get in on this action.
The main 2 options I am looking at now are the Axial SCX10 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and just saw the Vaterra Ascender Bronco.
I was wondering what opinions are for each?
Also what would your first upgrade be on a stock RTR?
(I will mostly be trail/rock crawling and trail riding)

Last edited by RustyECrawler; 05-06-2016 at 09:05 PM.
RustyECrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 04:00 PM   #2105

WOW ,After YEARS of Lurking I finally was able to log on through my cell phone ! 👍 I have a poison spider and I'm looking to get into U4 racing . I'm getting back into rc after a long time out of it . What a difference from what I remember having back in the day ! Well I hope to get a lot of good info ! 👍
BUZZURK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:38 PM   #2106

Hi all, My name is Glenn and I'm new to r/c 4 wheelers. I did run r/c nitro boats in the past(a lot less parts than a 4 wheeler). I bought a RR10 and a Yeti to get started. Very nice workmanship in the readers rides!!!
calvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:43 PM   #2107

Default Used Buyers Guide Vaterra Wraith

Hello, I am looking for some opinions on this used crawler please. I want to use it for inspecting crawlspaces. I will be adding a FPV camera and lights. Whats this worth? Thanx in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9O...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by explorer; 05-10-2016 at 11:03 PM.
explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 11:10 PM   #2108

Default Colorado Explorer

Colorado Explorer
Home Inspector
I am looking to build a crawler to inspect crawlspaces.
My build list as I understand it today.

Crawler
FPV camera
Lights
Maybe 3 way gimble

Im trying to keep it under 500.00 since I wont use it everyday. Your input is greatly appreciated.
explorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:12 PM   #2109

Hello to all, glad to be a new member here. My only previous experience with RC was a Tamiya Subaru Brat that I had a long time ago but have always enjoyed building models. Recently purchased a Vattera Blazer, looking forward to learning from the experts on the forum. As a DAV I'm always looking for things to do within my capabilities, challenges and hobbies that are relaxing. I reside in the Rocky Mountain region.
Nails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 04:51 PM   #2110

Hey all,

Kenny here and I currently reside in Abilene Texas. I am in the Air Force, so who knows where I'll end up next. I just got into the hobby about 8 months ago with my oldest son and I really dig the scale trucks and crawlers where my son likes to race. I currently own a Trail Honcho; but I am looking into building a custom crawler using Harley's IBEX chassis template. I just need to figure out what options are out there for axles and if they fit into my budget.

Looking forward to learning a lot from you guys and meeting some of you if your in the Abilene area. Also if anyone knows of any good places to run in Abilene let me know, the flat backyard is starting to get boring, lol.
KennyH78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 07:15 PM   #2111

Good evening,
My name is Rocky and I am in Utah. Been lurking around here for a few months and finally joined.
Just ordered an Axial SCX10 Deadbolt and it should arrive next week. I can't wait to get my Deadbolt and start learning the skills needed to successfully drive it. It should help me get a lot of much needed exercise. I'm looking forward to learning all I can about this aspect of the hobby. My previous RC experience has been with small quadcopters (Dromida Ominus and Blade Nano QX) and messing around with the Hobbico Micro Sizer cars.
I already have a balance charger and have ordered two 5000mah 2s 25c batteries to go with my new truck. Also ordered some hardware so I can use the spare parts to convert the front suspension to 4-link and maybe experiment with moving the battery tray to the front. I'll leave everything alone for a week or so to make sure there are no warranty problems then the first thing I will do is cut off the Tamiya battery connector and solder on a Deans connector. Going to put some LEDs on it and concentrate on learning how to drive before going wild with stuff like aluminum links and other stuff like that.
Looking forward to learning as much as I can from all of you fine folks here. Hope to see some of you out on the trail sometime.
KA7EII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:06 AM   #2112

Hi everyone, good to be here, I've been flying RC for 25+ years, but only last month got bit by the crawler bug and found my way to this forum where I've been reading a lot. Just to get a taste of this new side of RC for me, I bought an Everest 16, weighted the wheels, added rear steer, shimmed the left rear shock to reduce torque twist, added lights, 2s lipo, and clipped off alternating nubs on the tires. Quite an amazing bit of fun for $100, and now I'm hooked. I'm not going to be a competition guy, but I do want to have a reasonably capable couple of rigs without breaking the bank.

I'm now contemplating buying either 1) Everest 10 and doing the Axial locker/axle mod and a 35T motor, 2) Rockslide 10 and wiring in a mom switch to achieve rear DIG, 3) Losi Night Crawler 2 and leave it stock, or 4) Save my money and wait to jump into the deeper end of the pool with either an XR10 or Losi Comp Crawler, if I can ever find one used somewhere.

If you see a noob hovering over a rock pile somewhere in the foothills northeast of Los Angeles this summer, it's probably me.
Geodesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:33 AM   #2113
waw
Quarry Creeper

if you guys wants to mod in moderation.. and maximizing the scx10, you have to read THIS THREAD on Stock SCX10 Performance Tech

it has about 18 pages, but for me it's worth reading.. well have fun guys..
waw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:58 AM   #2114

Hey everyone. I'm a "newb" with crawlers anyway. I've got an SCX10 and recently acquired a TAMIYA F350 HIGHLIFT. Any Suggestions on the best place to get upgrades (or at least part for it)? BTW I'm in WA.
Thanks
Inseiner
Insiener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 04:02 PM   #2115

Hey all Brian here up in Northern California, running a modified SCX10 honcho atm, love all things outdoors and trailing my rig.
NorCalNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 03:54 AM   #2116

Been into r.c. cars and trucks for years,recently got into rock crawlers. Have several vehicles and have collected numerous parts. I am wanting to build wroncho. Wanting to build it a little different (I think) trying to use a sawback frame and ax10 deadbolt axles, right now researching info. Any help or links would be appreciated for combo I am trying to use, anyone?!
S.harp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 08:23 AM   #2117

Hello everyone, I live in Kentucky. my wife and I have been rcing for a year now. Love the hobby and this forum, we have axial wraiths with tekin roc412 3100kv and mmp.
Estol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 10:06 AM   #2118

Hello everyone, I have been in and out of the RC hobby for years. My son just recently got a SCX10 G6 for his birthday and two days later I needed a Deadbolt. I've been lurking for a while and this forum seems to be the go to place. I also enjoy the 1:1 Jeep life so trailing and light rock crawling is what we enjoy in both scales.
Abunchahicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2016, 02:57 PM   #2119
Rock Stacker

I'm new.
I'm me.
My RC's are listed in my sig.
I live in a house.
Mopar2Ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2016, 02:46 PM   #2120

Hi newbie here, back from a fair with a new HSP Kulak 1/18 crawler.
Neve had a crawler before although with my son we had several offroad cars in the past years, from 1/18 to 1/10, nitro and electric.
First run with the mini crawler today on the sofa and around the living room with lot of fun. Hope to find advices here around on the forum and (hopefully) also to advice others and share experiences.
Bye!

P.S. I'm 45 from Italy. When I don't play RC (I owned also several helis and planes, not just cars) I work as system engineer for an aerospace company. I also play the clarinet sometime, but that's a different topic...

Last edited by Tom_1971; 05-22-2016 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Added some personal info.
Tom_1971 is offline   Reply With Quote