Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2017, 02:13 PM   #2281

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbzx35 View Post
Hello all!
...Right now I have the gelande ii 1/18 to tinker around with...
Hi!
How do you like the Gelande? I just received my 1/10 D90 yesterday but haven't cracked it open yet.

J
IppoJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2017, 05:33 PM   #2282

Howdy, had my scx10 for 6 months. Thanks for the rad site!
Tigmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:50 AM   #2283

Hello, I'm Luke and from the DFW area. This is my first experience with RC since I had a Tyco RC as a kid. This has taken me back to my childhood and couldn't be more pleased.

I have a Spawn Wraith and have already started customizing it.

I'll post up accordingly but wanted to introduce myself.

Luke
Mr Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:07 PM   #2284

I was looking for an indoor project this winter. Got the RC4WD Beast kit.
I know a little about RC, raced gas boats, built a gas buggy.
Not so much about electrics.
I'll hit the search button, see if I can find some answers before I start the truck build.
I must say you guys got some great machinery around here.
tapkoote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 12:56 AM   #2285

Hey guys! Yeti. Portland, OR.
RiDET4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:29 PM   #2286

Hey all..

Just getting into the hobby.
I'm a Canuck across the pond from Detroit, MI

Awaiting my ECX Barrage to arrive.

Cheers
theoryguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 11:39 AM   #2287

Hey...Danny from western kentucky. I have been in the hobby many years but just now getting back in, I have a couple of pro-line ambush that got me hooked on crawling. I am just about to finish up building my scx10II. I can't wait to try it out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wallosflooring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 01:24 PM   #2288

Hello. I'm Tyler, from the Chicken Capital of the World in GA. Where the KFC Colonel himself was the first and only individual to be arrested for eating chicken with a fork.

I have enjoyed building model cars and Lego's since I was a child. I have built a 1:1 custom Toyota truck while in high school that was compiled out of a '79 frame; '81 engine; and '87 cab. The fuel tank was an old keg. While that was fun, it sure did eat a lot of money. This hobby seems to be a bit more forgiving and easy (er) on the wallet.

I'm in the market for a TF2 RTR, Axial SCX10 II or Bomber RTR/Kit. I plan to model the TF2 after the Toyota I built in high school and don't really care too much about the components so that's why I am looking at the RTR, and haul the Axial as the crawler/basher. (I fully intend to break every part of the Axial build, then start adding upgraded parts as I go) I have been reading and browsing the site for some time, and doing my research into this hobby, and I must say I am excited to get started and share what I build, and learn as much as I can from all of the experts in each of your respected fields! This is going to be a blast! Thanks everyone!
PounceTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 02:09 PM   #2289

Howdy Folks,
New to being a member of an RC forum. Have been active on other kinds of forums while I tried to resist my RC addiction. Ive given up trying to resist so Im here.

My general info:
I am an Industrial Designer for Kona Bikes

My RC stable inclues:
-TRF801XT converted to 6s Brushless with a yeti body and monster truck 3.8 tires
-TRF801X converted to a brushless short course truck
-TT02B MS converted to a freak 2.2 buggy drifter thing (still evolving and may end up drastically different than its current state
-Twin Hammers with a Sand Scorcher body that is still in the process of being built
-Second Twin Hammers on its way, mostly wanted for extra parts and the extras the sale came with. Not 100% sure what this one will become. Potentially a second 1.9 rock racer with a hilux or other truck body, but turning it into a scale solid axle drifter is still on the table too.

I live in Bellingham WA

Hopefully I will be able to focus my ADHD brain towards posting my build progress consistantly including some concept development and out there idea exploration.

Thanks a bunch!
gvngoheavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:48 AM   #2290

SF Bay Area & Mendocino County Urban Crawler. Axial SCX10 Custom Ford Bronco.
SkipnStones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:42 PM   #2291

Talking Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Just got a Maverick Scout. Seems well built for the price. My wife and I really enjoy it. Put and old beach towel down in the front room put rocks and fire wood down and having a blast indoors. Currently raining like it never has before here in so cal it is a good thing to keep us from getting cabin fever. Would really like to know where I could find a 1970's truck body for it and maybe someone could help out with some cool mods for the scout.

Thanks for having me! BS (oops, that is short for beer spiller only when I am crawling)
Beerspiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 02:00 PM   #2292

New to the forum and finally getting back into RC vehicles...

This Friday my Axial RR10 Bomber is set to arrive. Can't wait to get it up and running. I went with the RTR version, even though I wanted to do the kit, I wanted to get up and running sooner than later. I already know I will be making upgrades and ordered some of those when I ordered the Bomber. I know I will have plenty of questions, but I also am not new to forums, and know to use the search function!

Looking forward to learning the ins and outs of rock crawling with a RC vehicle.
Cocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:31 AM   #2293

Hello my name is Pretzalballot, aside from R/C I have an addiction to pretzels, my crawling consists of an scx10II, a Twin Hammers, my speeding consists of a rc18T (upgraded to brushless) and a DHK Raz-R bl. When I'm not abusing my R/C's I'm training My training Penguin army (working). I'm not really a noob but I'm also not a total expert. I'll be looking to help if I can and seek help if I need it.
pretzalballot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 12:20 AM   #2294

Hello all, and thank you for the help I've gotten on the site already. Figured it was time to introduce myself, Scttduk out of Kansas City.
Just starting to get into it to spend time with my son. New to the rc thing and its kind of addicting.
Scttduk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 03:21 PM   #2295

Hey everyone,

I got my first hobby grade RC back in 86 shortly after I joined the Army. Life happened and I got away from the RC hobby before I was really in to it. Now years later and many hobbies later (riding motorcycles, handloading ammo, renaissance festivals), I am back in to the RC world due to a coworker and a Youtube Fail Army video "Remote Control Fails Compilation". After seeing that video I noticed that the RC world has seriously advanced over the years.

I jumped back in with a Slash 4x4, then the wife wanted an RC and now she has a Stampede 4x4. I've preordered the new 8S X-Maxx and I am playing the waiting game.

While waiting I have been watching a lot of crawling videos on Youtube. I am now researching for my first crawler build. I recently purchased an SCX10 II kit, and I'm still looking at options for motor, ESC, servo, etc. And that is what brought me here to this forum.

Sorry for being a little long winded.
RoninSCRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:00 AM   #2296
Quarry Creeper

Hey

My name is Dustin - I live amongst the frozen in Toronto Ontario.

I've been browsing rccrawler for the past year as I researched and finally bought a Sawbacck for myself at Christmas. Wanted a leafer and have been happy so far.

I am a self employed general contractor specializing in interior renovations (primarily washrooms, kitchens and legal second dwellings).

Hoping to meet some GTA or surrounding area locals to crawl with.
MrBlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:08 AM   #2297

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlank View Post
...Wanted a leafer and have been happy so far...
Welcome aboard!
Why leaf springs? just curious because I don't know.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:40 PM   #2298
I wanna be Dave

I started out with the following

1988 - Kyosho Raider
1995-6 - Kyosho Tracker

That was what I had for a while... cars sat in the shed from 1998 - 2015 as I embarked on the working adult life.

2015 came around, and the Tamiya WT-01N VW Amarok Custom Lift monster truck caught my eye. Had to have it. Discovered brushless motors, cheaper esc's, LIPO batteries all the new stuff.

Restored the Kyosho Raider and Tracker to working condition for my son to drive. Upgraded them with modern electronics.

Went OMG these new electric monster trucks are so fast! Went and got myself a HPI Savage Flux XS Ford Raptor.

Realized that Tamiya and Kyosho are on a re-release frenzy, and proceeded to grab every kit I wanted as a kid.
Kyosho: Tomahawk, Baja Beetle, Optima
Tamiya: Monster Beetle, Sand Scorcher, Lunch Box, Hot Shot, Super Clod Buster, Bruiser, Mountain Rider (Mountaineer)
Team Associated: RC10 World's

Picked up a few touring cars and a monster truck, crawler
Tamiya: TT-01E Golf MKV GTI, 40th Jagermeister Porsche 911, TT-02 Porsche RSR, TXT-2 Agrios, CR-01 Ford Bronco

Discovered Axial so picked up Axial Yeti Kit

Discovered Crawling & Scale and thought.... yeah this is more my type. Not really interested in racing or smashing my cars against concrete to see how fast they can break.

Picked up:

Axial SCX10 II Kit
GMade Sawback Kit

In my future...

Axial Wraith Kit
RC4WD TF2 Kit

Of course out of all the kits I have... only 5 are built so far. Tamiya Lunchbox, Super Clod Buster, WT-01 Amarok Custom Lift, TT-01E Golf MKV GTI, Axial Yeti

Next on the build list..... Either the SCX10 II or Sawback.... hmmmm
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 06:47 AM   #2299

Quote:
Originally Posted by soze View Post
Realized that Tamiya and Kyosho are on a re-release frenzy, and proceeded to grab every kit I wanted as a kid.
welcome!

I want them to re-release the Super Champ in the worst way! That's the very first kit I ever owned. #nostalgia
Old 02-03-2017, 09:15 PM   #2300

Hello I'm Joe.

Live in Iowa

Hi was big into RC's in early 2000. Sold them all. Four kids later they are starting�� To like it. I have a slash as of know and looking at getting either a bomber or yeti. Not sure yet....

Thanks
Joe
Joepasta is offline   Reply With Quote