Old 12-12-2016, 06:46 PM   #2241

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

hello everyone I'm Frank I live in SW Louisiana
just bought an XR10 and 2 GH P601
drakyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-13-2016, 02:56 PM   #2242

Noob logging in, ordered a Redcat Everest 10, my first crawler, should be here next week, looking forward to rooting around the house and having some fun! Check out my rc pages at

www.youtube.com/johnvh541

FB on JohnVHRC and PNW RC Rock Crawlers

Im up in the PNW Washington State!

Last edited by Deezil; 12-13-2016 at 02:59 PM.
Deezil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 05:12 PM   #2243

New guy here from Iowa. I just recently picked up a Losi Mini Crawler. Pretty excited to get into the RC Crawlers.
Autoteach00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:16 PM   #2244

New member here, name is Chris, live in Darlington Maryland. I have a few rc cars, buggies and trucks. Getting interested in getting a crawler so I joined to get some information and check out anything local going on. If anything is going on near me shoot me a pm and let me know.
Phoenix843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:27 PM   #2245

Been into full size crawling for several years, and one of my wheeling buddies talked me into an Axial Bomber RTR. I'm in Northern Kentucky and looking for some one to talk shop with and get me up to speed in this hobby.
Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2016, 12:04 PM   #2246

Hey guys new to rc rock crawling got a Axial SCX10 Trail Hontho just bought it and run it a few times was running fine then I went to turn it on and there was no steering and the car keeps jolting along with the lights flashing when I go forward and try to turn at the same time , when the front wheels turn they are trying but keep jumping back and forth but will eventually get to the angle if I keep turning (takes about 5 seconds for it to turn fully).

Using a TacTic TTx300 Controller along with a LiPo Battery Turnigy 5000 mAh 2 cell 7.4v.

Thanks in advance.
Shane12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 08:47 AM   #2247

Figured I'd make a post in the noob section.

Should be getting a Wraith for Christmas from my wife.
We have two kids and I haven't been involved with R/C for quite some time. Used to race in my teen years. Still have all the cars too.
Have a Mini-T that I drive in the garage to entertain the kids.

Anyway I've already been lurking the threads.

Thanks.
thetastelingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:00 AM   #2248

Hello all! I'm Eric from Providence Village, TX. I'm not really new to the hobby, but I've been away for far too long. My mom and step-dad used to take me to a track in Houston when I was a kid and I competed on a local level. Had to be 30 years ago by now. LOL

I have 3 young kids now (7, 10 and 12), and they're all saving their Christmas and birthday money to buy their own RC's, and so am I!
particle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 01:40 PM   #2249
Rock Stacker

Hi, I am Stig, from southern Norway.
I am club racing 1/8 buggies, and have an SCX10 (that I modified a lot).

Was curious about moa crawlers, and was lucky to get hold of a used and quite modified XR10.

After I got the radio (MT4S) working with the 2 FX-R esc's, it has been great fun.
Gradually learning to handle it in the terrain, I am happy with a new twist to my RC hobby

Last edited by stigno; 12-22-2016 at 10:55 AM.
stigno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 06:23 PM   #2250

Hi, I'm Eric from Eastern PA.

I just got a used SCX10 and have built a Yeti kit last year. Been lurking on here for quite some time but never signed up for some reason. This is a great place for info.

I tend to Fly RC planes more in the summer but have been slowly getting into crawling with my brother. I hope I can get any questions answered on here and eventually be able to help others.
Brisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:17 PM   #2251

Another Newbie here .... I don't own an RC vehicle .... yet. I found this site and decided to look around. I am a hard core off roader and thought it might be interesting to have an RC version as well. Looking forward to reading and learning a lot.
bhowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:07 AM   #2252

Another noob here. From port dover ontario canada. Have a vaterra ascender, gmade r1, m1a2 tank, 2 traxxas 1/16s, and soon an orlandoo f150. Love the site and can't seem to post a new thread in the vaterra section about adding an ax2 trans to a vaterra ascender, so I came here lol.
armor64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:27 AM   #2253

well hey there, Im new here, from the North Dakota/Minnesota border. i picked up a Axial SCX10II last week, looking for people in my area to meet. and maybe do some winter wheelin if it stays warm.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Gfmadden330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 07:12 AM   #2254

Hi all, new to the RC crawling world (otherwise I wouldn't be posting here I suppose). My name is John and I have a son that is about to turn 3 years old who loves RC cars. In order for me to play with him, I had to buy my own (we are still working on the "sharing" concept).

First car is a Maxstone 10, which for me has been fine, but there just isn't a lot of support it seems like for them. So I decided to buy a SCX10 Trail Honcho (that I found on eBay NIB) based on a lot of searching of the ol' interweb.

Probably going to try to make it a scale version of my truck and do things to it that I cannot afford to do to the big truck.

I live in Houston, TX and really just spend time riding around the back yard with the kid.
pokorn28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 10:02 PM   #2255
Pebble Pounder

Hey RCC group

Found your site about a month ago and have been pouring over it. Finally decided it was time to open an account and say hello. Newb to crawling but and realizing I am in love with the scale side of things. If your in Vegas and want to show me around drop me a note.

-M
My first and current rig so far!
Pilot_MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:16 AM   #2256

Long time lurker here, long time crawler (1:1) - when crawling was on the fringes.

My 1:1 has been gone for a while and this is how I now get my fix; SCX10 II and RR10 Bomber is how I am starting.
hozzerr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 10:28 AM   #2257

Hello,

Newbie to this site currently living in Louisville KY but originally from MD. Anytime I "googled" anything RC crawling, links to this site always came up. I registered over a year ago but never bothered to post anything. So here we go......

My current rig is an Axial Spawn RTR that I purchased in December of 14. I ran it a little over a year, only replacing motors as I burned them up. Earlier this year, I tore it down to replace bearings, upgrade what I could afford, and fix a few nagging issues. A family friend was practicing airbrushing so he painted the body. I knew it wouldn't last but it looked cool for a while and didn't cost me a thing. I painted the chassis, upgraded the links, chubs, knuckles, gears, universals, etc.

The one thing I didn't address was upgrading the trans gears to steel. How that slipped my mind while contemplating upgrades, I don't know. And why I didn't even think about it when I replaced the bearings in the transmission, I really don't know. Needless to say, after tearing the thing down to the bare chassis and rebuilding it, I got about 8 hours of use out of it before the trans made lunch out of the stock plastic gears.

Since then, life has gotten in the way and it's unfortunately been sitting on my bench waiting for me to get the gears and repair my damaged MIP screw pins and put it back together. I plan to reassemble the trans over the next few weeks, repaint the chassis green (my son's favorite color) and give it to my 5 year old son.

I hope to then buy something else. I want a kit to build so I'm leaning towards a Spawn kit or a Bomber kit. I have some 1:1 experience in crawling and the T/A's on the Bomber have me leaning more towards another Spawn. Plus, I like having 1:1 body options and I've got a line on a Pro-Line Bronco body or the Jeep JK.

Sorry for the long winded post.....I tend to do that a lot.

dave1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 01:17 PM   #2258
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1320 View Post
Hello,

Newbie to this site currently living in Louisville KY but originally from MD. Anytime I "googled" anything RC crawling, links to this site always came up. I registered over a year ago but never bothered to post anything. So here we go......

My current rig is an Axial Spawn RTR that I purchased in December of 14. I ran it a little over a year, only replacing motors as I burned them up. Earlier this year, I tore it down to replace bearings, upgrade what I could afford, and fix a few nagging issues. A family friend was practicing airbrushing so he painted the body. I knew it wouldn't last but it looked cool for a while and didn't cost me a thing. I painted the chassis, upgraded the links, chubs, knuckles, gears, universals, etc.

The one thing I didn't address was upgrading the trans gears to steel. How that slipped my mind while contemplating upgrades, I don't know. And why I didn't even think about it when I replaced the bearings in the transmission, I really don't know. Needless to say, after tearing the thing down to the bare chassis and rebuilding it, I got about 8 hours of use out of it before the trans made lunch out of the stock plastic gears.

Since then, life has gotten in the way and it's unfortunately been sitting on my bench waiting for me to get the gears and repair my damaged MIP screw pins and put it back together. I plan to reassemble the trans over the next few weeks, repaint the chassis green (my son's favorite color) and give it to my 5 year old son.

I hope to then buy something else. I want a kit to build so I'm leaning towards a Spawn kit or a Bomber kit. I have some 1:1 experience in crawling and the T/A's on the Bomber have me leaning more towards another Spawn. Plus, I like having 1:1 body options and I've got a line on a Pro-Line Bronco body or the Jeep JK.

Sorry for the long winded post.....I tend to do that a lot.

Your link didn't work. To get the IMG thing to work you have to right click on the image and look for "Copy Image Address" The copied address should end in .jpg to work

Here is your photo

Hope you didn't mind
-M
Pilot_MM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 07:45 AM   #2259
Rock Stacker

hi! new on here. from cornwall england. just purchased a SCX10ii and making a nukizer for it. hope to have fun with it when done and find some other like minded people and hopefully some local people to enjoy the hobby with. just waiting for my build thread to be allowed by admin then that will be up also, anyone know how long they normally take???

THanks guys
lee
MrLee1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 08:19 AM   #2260

Fairly new to the RC crawling. My kids and I have 2 Redcat Everest 10 crawlers and have really enjoyed thus far. I am located in Marion, Arkansas area.
arkansasammy is offline   Reply With Quote