Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2017, 12:19 PM   #2301
Cll

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

Hi guys I'm new to this I don't even have a rig yet have a few friends with night crawlers and I've been pretty impressed with them. With a few mods they seem very capable.What I've been wondering is how well a bomber with a few mods would be able to crawl with them.
Cll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2017, 01:58 PM   #2302

Hi fellow RC fans. I am a newbie to the site. I have been bitten by the RC bug about two years ago. I am in a place In my life where I can afford the hobby and have found major relaxation with it. I now have several scx10 trucks and am currently in a build of a scx10-2. There are more areas that I would like to explore as eventually I would like to venture into the semi truck rc's. I see the boys up there in Canada running some real nice stuff. One of these days I will be running something cool like those along with my fleet of crawlers. Anyhow, enuf about me and onto checking out the threads... cheers!
SnappyRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 02:46 PM   #2303

What's up fellow hobbyist. My name is Bryan. I Live in Eastern North Carolina. I have been a member of this site for a few months. I first got in the hobby at 11 for around A year. Then I got into motocross for around 5 years. Then life happened we all know how that goes. As of around 5 months ago came across some scale trailing and crawler videos on youtube. I was pretty much hooked off the bat. I have the scx10 II RTR version as of now. Will be picking up the kit version asap. I'm sure when I do I will have plenty of questions and post some picks of the build. From what I have seen already past few months this is A very informative site and I'm glad to be apart of it. Everyone thanks for having me and have A good one...

Last edited by CravenScaleRC; 02-05-2017 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Forgot to put wher I live
CravenScaleRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 12:17 AM   #2304
Rock Stacker

Aloha from the 808 states.

Long time RC racer, newbie crawler and long time lurker. hahah.
Had rc cars back from rc10gt tub chassis, mugen mx3 tourings, TC3's to xray's T4, and 1/12 scale pan cars.

Picked up SCX10.2 powered by Tekin RS Gen2 stock on a 17.5T actinium motor.
SSD's chubs and hubs all around, xtraspeed axles.

Loving it all the way.
quark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:46 PM   #2305
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by quark View Post
Aloha from the 808 states.

Long time RC racer, newbie crawler and long time lurker. hahah.
Had rc cars back from rc10gt tub chassis, mugen mx3 tourings, TC3's to xray's T4, and 1/12 scale pan cars.

Picked up SCX10.2 powered by Tekin RS Gen2 stock on a 17.5T actinium motor.
SSD's chubs and hubs all around, xtraspeed axles.

Loving it all the way.
Hey, fellow 808'er, what island? I'm over in Hilo. Oahu guys have a strong FB presence and lots of events. If you haven't found it search for RC Crawlers Ohana.
mikebecher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:54 AM   #2306
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebecher View Post
Hey, fellow 808'er, what island? I'm over in Hilo. Oahu guys have a strong FB presence and lots of events. If you haven't found it search for RC Crawlers Ohana.
Sup! I'm over on Oahu, and on that facebook group. I've been crawling almost every weekend since December thanks to that group. Super excited about the Rock Race series that Ohana RC is setting up. Its gonna be fun!
quark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:40 AM   #2307

Hello guys I'm coming at you from a tiny island called jersey just below the uk and just above France! I love rc crawlers here are a couple of pics of my babies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mark jersey c.i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:22 PM   #2308

yo wad up peeps....evssv here from the good ol uk.....jus got meself this ... not the best pics but his missis took them....I thk its stock kit yxl with max8 2000kv combo..on board audio fitted...not sure if its got any upgrades ..I`ll find once it turns up Friday hopefully....I found a lot of info on the yxl on here whilst looking around so thought I`d sign up...u lot may b of sum use to me......so expect many Q`s in the mean time

heres whats left of my little rc collection in my down stairs pantry.......2000kv savvy flux alza xl.....1950kv hyper 7.5.... irc chassis savvy 5.2cc....2200kv super-mt4g3.....hpi Baja 5bss 26ccc...which is now 780kv 8s castle xl2 beast...29cc losi dbxl.....and my now sold 2000kv mt4g3...so I decided I needed a yxl to replace the recently sold mt4g3 and hyper st pro..........the 2x mecrs r lwb 1/8th rollers atm..one nitro and one brushless.........plus my 4x 1980 tamiyas......

I like lipos aswell btw
my baj now it brushless...was jus finishing up the rear windows here....

Last edited by evssv; 02-08-2017 at 04:32 PM.
evssv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:04 AM   #2309

John in Lynchburg VA.
New to Crawlers. Just bought an Axial Wraith Poison Spyder.
Belong to a full scale Jeep club and I wheel a 95 YJ with a Chevy 5.3L on 35's.
Hope to learn a lot from you guys.
Attached Images

Last edited by JEEPINnVA; 02-09-2017 at 07:06 AM.
JEEPINnVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:22 AM   #2310

James in Harford County
Gmade Komodo. So far swapped the tires out for a set of Iroks.
Running nice so far.
JIMBO1810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:59 PM   #2311

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<< Noobie Doobie

Hey there folks, Hazel here from Washington State. New to crawlers, I'm an old RC10gt nitro stadium guy, just getting back into the trucks after several years.

Around New Years, I decided I wanted a Wraith. Found one on craiglist that looked like a good starting point had a custom cage and some shiny green wheels and aluminum links. But I missed the crappy less than awesome welds and the mismatched suspension. Sh!t happens i guess.

Not impressed with the hodgepodge of parts i bought, I've started going through and swapping things out and replacing the stripped pieces as I find them.

So far, the suspension mounts where a joke and left me wanting to get another cage. Went with an ebay steel Asiatee knock off, looks good but its heavier a box of rocks. Built a new rear axle to fix some striped holes holding the gears in the housing, replaced them with the hardened Axial. Also had to replace a rear driveling, the old set had a set stripped set screw.

Went with the g-made xd piggybacks, took a couple hours to build them, but was fun and felt nice to build a set after so long. I went with the 93mm over the 103's, to see if I wouldn't need the droop kit, but this heavy @s$ cage makes them squat to low.

I'm seriously wishing I had just bought a new stock truck, but I'm stoked on crawling around.
Hazel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 01:09 PM   #2312

TJ here in Kansas City and I'm just taking my first step into the scale/crawler world. Kind of. Expecting a Yeti in the mail this week. Wanted something that was leaning towards the scale world but still had a little zip and the ability to take a jump or two. Still planning on getting a scale rig sometime in the near future but I wanted to research a bit more. Very excited to say the least.
trentanious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:35 AM   #2313

Whatup!

New to the site, not new to the game. Here are both my Yeti builds. Look forward to seeing amazing rigs and builds.

Peace!
RCWERKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 08:33 PM   #2314
RCC Addict

Sorry barely read this.....lol
I'm frank from south cali, the high desert
Been in this hobby for 10 years started with a STAMPEDE then a PE slash 4x4 a 16th summit.... Stampede turned into a RUSTLER, sold the summit and slash then the rustler, now from eBay and various rc stores I put together a scx10 .....
Team strc chassis, HW 1080 esc , powerHD WP servo, GPM links and drive shaft, hot racing 60t 32p spur gear and wheel extenders , yeah racing bumpers(whatever they are actually called..lol) atomik rc chubs N knuckles, eBay bought brass beef tubes,duratrax 2.2 showdowns , 2.2 pneumatic wheels, Robinson Racing gears....Radiolink rx/tx Trx Telluride body...that's it, that's my Scx10 ....[IMG][/IMG]
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:04 AM   #2315

Hello guys, I am a micro kind of guy. does anyone know if the redcat sumo micro crawler come with real or fake beadlocks? Thank you
Mattheman03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:33 PM   #2316

hi all. have been a lurker here for awhile. I'm from south west wa & have gotten back into rc's after years away from it all. spent the last 6 months or so doing my first build. scx10 with f350 hardbody. whilst there are a few things i would change, overall i am happy with my first attempt. look forward to reading & learning more from you guys.
gotigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:05 PM   #2317

Hello Brett from SW Florida Loving this crawlin
Snookman35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 04:29 PM   #2318

Hi, new member here.

I just purchased an Axial Yeti and an Axial Exo Terra Buggy. Been eyeing the crawler scene for a while. Been building RC for about 25 years now off and on.

I live up in Seattle, WA, so perfect crawler environment, definitely need water resistant gear!

If the Yeti works out, I plan on a custom RR10 build to get into the slow crawl scene. I know enough to keep my gear "in the family" as it were for parts!
JimmytheBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 11:08 PM   #2319

Hello from Huntington, WV. I just got into crawling a few weeks ago and already bought 2 ascenders. A BRONCO and Blazer RTR. I'm addicted to the ascenders and I'm dying to learn about upgrades and body work.
Railrunner85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 01:15 PM   #2320

Hey everyone , from Kent WA here been in the RF scene over the last 10 years.Currently putting together a custom crawler with different parts. Glad to join the group
Custom_concept is offline   Reply With Quote