Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2018, 06:34 PM   #2761

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

In Petaluma, New to RC crawling. I have a full size k5 crawler. I picked up an everest 10 about 1 year ago. I made an approx 20x20' course in my back yard but that is getting boring. I'm looking to upgrade to Lipo batteries here soon
bmxbryant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2018, 12:09 PM   #2762

Hello fellow noobs. I am ThatCarGuy and I am based in North Texas. I currently have a Traxxas TRX-4 Defender with SSD wheels, full light kit, proline closed cell foams, and portal hub weights. I go crawling occasionally on Thursdays with my dad (he has an SCX10 II with Pitbull Rock Beast tires) at Duck Creek in Garland. I'm also a Varsity Hockey Goalie (I currently am back up for Varsity and starter for JV, next year I'll be starter for Varsity).

I became interested in this forum when I noticed that I was no longer restricted to talking about a single manufacturer. While Traxxas was somewhat laid back on this it still annoyed me and I have now seceded from those forums.

I am not the greatest driver in the world but I do have quite a lot of track experience and a lot of forum experience (Traxxas Official Forums). However I do have limited crawling experience and often don't understand the laws of physics when crawling. I am here to help as well as be helped (and to look at y'all's awesome builds!). I have lots of mechanical experience and tons of ideas for build but unfortunately I have limited time and am not able to fulfill my ideas. Hopefully soon I will start a build on my TRX-4 and I'll hopefully actually be able to follow through with it. I will keep the details on my idea for that build to myself for now...
ThatCarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 10:30 AM   #2763

I got a e10 . And want to do a budget 1/10 comp crawler. I have a integy rollcage and a few othings like 110 mm shocks and showdown 2.2 tires . Wanted to know what i can get as far as axels gear box and suspension linkage/ stearing linkage. Thanks
Creepycrawly805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:24 AM   #2764

Hello there folks!!

Justin from Johannesburg South Africa here
Been in to RC for many years, crawling about 1 year now, absolutely love it!
TRX4, TF2 LWB, and an Origin.

Taken part in our local Tough Truck Series a short while and loving the sport.
Looking forward to learning as much as possible wherever possible.
JMass SA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:41 PM   #2765

My name is Steve and I am a crawler-holic. I use this site when I have to work and cant get my fix.
I appreciate all the active posts, it helps with my addiction.
I recently got a roller rockrey and want to lock the center diff. I have read and searched a ton for a "how-to" lock the center diff. Thanks to the many posts from Arctic Cat ZRT, I know I can use a Twin Hammer locker. But I am unable to make the connections and was hoping to get some clarification if the center diff is similar to the front diff and the procedure is close to the same using the same parts?? Also, if anyone knows or wants to do a "how-to" write-up or video showing the process of locking the center diff.
Thanks again for all the good stuff posted by the users,
Noob
steveneedsmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 04:56 PM   #2766
Rock Stacker

Hey
My name is Milt
I am ex Air Force and retired aerospace defence tech. Live in Nor Cal Sacramento
I just bought my first ever RC a Traxxas Defender. Great forum with more info than I can process. Still learning as I go.

Last edited by GForceSS; 10-10-2018 at 09:59 PM.
GForceSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:30 PM   #2767

Ive got a Traxxas Tmaxx but now looking to get into crawling, looking 4 a used bully 2.0
crawlmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:33 PM   #2768

hello all...... been into rc on and off since 1990.....to make a long story short I was into tull size 4x4s and had a built k5 blazer.... due to long term unemployment and health issues, I ended up having to sell it..... started messing around with toy grade crawlers and got tired of breaking them, so about 2 weeks ago I bought a redcat everest 10......for the price its a great crawler.... so far I have done a bunch of free upgrades and added a set of lights.....next is better tires
toyrockcrawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:26 AM   #2769

Hi my name is jared. This is my first year in hobby grade rc. I started with a traxxas slash. A couple weeks ago i got my first trail truck , a axial scx10 converted to a 6x6 . After converting it back to 4x4 we ran into some flaws but worked them out. Saturday i bought a box of rc parts and have started my first scratch build. I have no clue what the chassis is but it will me a trail / mud truck. I sold the slash to get my axial working properly . I hope you guys injoy my rig

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
jared macneill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:11 PM   #2770

What’s up. My name is Dan. I race 1/10 2wd 17.5 buggy. I want to get a 4wd SCT or 4wd buggy for next season, maybe lol. I’m not serious about it. I just like club racing at my local track. It’s a good way to spend a Friday night hanging out with my boy and getting him into it. I’ve been interested in the crawlers. I like the scale looks and just flat out building one. I haven’t bought a rig yet. I’ve been looking at the Axial raw builders kit and the RC4WD kits.

Last edited by Dan197; 10-23-2018 at 08:17 PM.
Dan197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 12:48 AM   #2771

Hi from Australia,

Pretty new to RC so I'm still learning the lingo and abbreviations but I'm waiting on trx-4 defender to arrive.

I am also waiting on a Power HD Standard DW-25LV 25kg Metal Geared waterproof servo on the advice I got from the hobby shop over the phone as I don't have a LHC.

When the stock steering servo browns out will I need to connect a BEC with the new servo to save my ESC from getting fried too?

Reason I got the trx-4 was to have something to use casually on the weekends that would go straight out of the box as I don't see myself doing a lot of custom work in the near future.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Tas_Mudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 11:32 AM   #2772
Rock Stacker

Hello from Singapore.

New to RC. I rebuilt a few RCs in last a few months. I am kind of "build" person and sometimes bash around.

Currently I have:
* TLR SCTE-10 V2
* TLR Mini Rock Crawler Pro
* Team-C T4 V1 buggy with modified full gear diff
* Axial SCX10 II 90047 for my boy

I'd like to invest a bit more time on Crawler before deciding what I really like to run. I might want to try on-road RC later as I do not have any experience with that yet.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day everyone!
lszomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 12:09 PM   #2773

Hello, I'm Jeremy.

I am brand new to RC Crawling. I saw some videos of people doing it and became immediately obsessed. I have a wife and 5 kids, so buying top of the line isn't an option. So right now I started out with an HSP RC Crawler off of amazon ($250). I have already broken steering knuckles, the rear axle housing, stripped the rear end, and broke off the back bumper (actually it was my 6 year old son that broke the bumper). But as parts are replaced they are also upgraded so hopefully soon I will have a decent truck that is a little more capable.

jshelby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:56 PM   #2774

Hey guys my names Jarrod in new here and i live in western NC. Been crawling for about 5-6 months now, absolutely love it! Been flying RC planes for 10+ years. Iv got a TRX4 that’s not really stock anymore lol. It started life as the red/black Bronco but now I mostly run the proline Toyota Hilux and 4Runner bodies. I’m a huge Toyota fan and have been since I was old enough to drive. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and learning and sharing what we all love to do. Always up for finding new places to go crawl and meeting new people. Anyone from western NC around??
jjkirby79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:55 PM   #2775

Hello I’m Andy getting back into rc after 15 years so me and my kids have something to do got a gen 7 (took ten min to break) then an scx10 2 kit (love this truck) saving for blazer body
Johnson442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 05:13 AM   #2776

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Hey , I'm Bill im 42 and live in the UK . I've only been back into RC for about 8 months after owning tamiyas a long time ago . So far I have a 1/10 monster truck and a 1/8 truggy but I've now got the crawling bug as they are perfect in the woods behind my house.

I've just built and painted myself a Hobao DC1 kit and fitted it with lights . So far I'm really impressed with the truck but I'm sure I will mod it more as its in my nature (I trained as a model maker years ago lol). Finding crawling a great pastime in between mountain biking and it's so much fun with my young boys.

Last edited by Theraggyone; 11-11-2018 at 05:46 AM.
Theraggyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:55 PM   #2777

Hello everyone my name is David I’m from central California I’ve been into Rc cars since 1998 , I’m a mechanic and really enjoy this forum thanks for having me.
DatsunDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 03:25 AM   #2778
Pebble Pounder

Hey fellas my name is Arthur and I'm from Asheboro NC. My son and I just got into rc crawling about 6 months ago and we love it. He has a axial jeep jk on the honcho frame and I'm running a vaterra ascender body on a scx10 ii frame with Vader products skid with plans for a team garage hack transmission later this month. I've been on here for a few months but hadn't posted an intro. Thanks for the awesome site guys.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
4kids crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:06 AM   #2779

hi everyone, noob from England. Looking at scratch building my first rock crawler utilizing Harley Designs build plans for the Ibex Goat. Looking forward to getting stuck in when my tube arrives.
GingerKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:49 AM   #2780
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerKen View Post
hi everyone, noob from England. Looking at scratch building my first rock crawler utilizing Harley Designs build plans for the Ibex Goat. Looking forward to getting stuck in when my tube arrives.
Whereabouts in the UK, and welcome

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Crawler Cads is offline   Reply With Quote