Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Scale Comp Rules

Notices

Thread: 2015 scale rules discussion or question thead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2015, 10:41 AM   #301
RCC Addict

Default Re: 2015 scale rules discussion or question thead

Some people enjoy competition, some don't. There is no right or wrong.

I love good competition. . I don't bowl but I enjoy it when my scale truck with me driving it wins. I won't lie. It's nice to be rewarded for all the time and effort I put into it.

And if I don't win I had fun trying.
holycaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2015, 10:47 AM   #302
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
When have you seen wheel weights on any of my axles?
But that is my point - to you, your way is the only way. I don't believe there is a "right" answer when you try to define the word scale.
Your opinion is just that, an opinion. And I would never disregard or not want to go playing with toys with someome because their opinion differs.

And for the record, I stopped caring about trophies when I stopped 1:1 comping.
I build what I want because I enjoy it, just like I dodge cones because I enjoy it.
No you did disregard my opinion, you stated you think I'm completely off...

Honestly I am so fed up this scale shit...

Just once id like to see an event held with my prize guidelines... See how quickly things change then.

My 1:1 truck isn't built to be buggy and it doesn't crawl like one... Yet you have guys with class 1 and 2 trucks who want their truck to work like a buggy to win trophys...

It's so sad, 2 years ago I came to the Ecsc with the subarux... Finished it days before leaving. No testing, running yota axles... Placed 16 or 17th.. and then won best looking class 2 truck in the concours event... Amazing right ? I beat half the people in the class with axles that have shit steering, no test time, and even won the concours event...

Is what it is... I'm done with this now. Wish you guys the best of luck moving forward from here.
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 10:56 AM   #303
RCC Addict

My 1:1 is a jeep xj. Just a hillbilly rig. I bought used racerunner airs and am 3 linking it front and rear because I want it to preform like a buggy.

I am also chopping a foot off the back. And you know what it's street legal(except for the beadlocks)

Why the hate on capable rigs? No offense.

I don't win any trophies with my xj. It's just to trail with

Last edited by holycaveman; 02-05-2015 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:00 AM   #304
I wanna be Dave

No Sir, I didn't disregard your opinion - I'm telling you that there is no right answer. Where your attitude tells everyone that you only care for your opinion and others that agree with it.

Where that leaves us in this hobby? A whole bunch of guys fighting over Kids Toys....
That is what I don't get.

I was at ECSC - I voted for your rig. I drove a 30 point 1.9 class2 rig into TTC..... with little drive time on a rebuild.
We have a local guy that drives a modded TF2 in class2 and kicks all our butts....
And I watched people B*tch up a storm about the style of build from 2 of the top finishers at Utah champs....

When do we stop pointing fingers and enjoy these trucks. Stop trying to decide who's opinion of scale is right and wrong, and let the rules keep things fair, not define a word.
You think your definition of scale can't win against mine or someone else's???? Put your remote in the hands of the guys that win every year and see what happens.

Because yeah, some of us enjoy pushing limits, but lets all admit what we have all said for years. Trucks and special setups do not win comps - Drivers when comps.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:11 AM   #305
Sinking with the ship

Quote:

Because yeah, some of us enjoy pushing limits, but lets all admit what we have all said for years. Trucks and special setups do not win comps - Drivers when comps.
Trucks and set ups absolutely do make a HUGE difference in a SCALE competition... It's not just In the driver. A good driver will, yes, do well regardless but set up is clutch... Saying the truck or set up has no meaning would be like giving a professional bowler a house ball... Do you really think he is gonna roll as good of a game as with a real ball?

I realize you guys think I am being an asshole And that only my opinion matters but you guys are missing my point... I wish I could explain it better without seeming like I am being a dick but I don't think I can and honestly I feel like it won't matter anyways
Old 02-05-2015, 11:15 AM   #306
RCC Addict

A truck is always an excuse for not winning. But the driver is the reason you win and not the truck.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:15 AM   #307
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycaveman View Post

So o am punished in competition for being scale. My rig is a scale rock buggy with only about 2" under the belly. It's not like I run a moa.

This is the front axle I have hours in. Hidden servo and all. No points for it. But i just love building things to scale Even though its not worth anything to the current sorrca rules. I don't have jaw dropping fab work. But i try to be scale and true to the build.

This is Class 3 to me. Real comp rock crawlers. Class 1 and 2 can have the hard bodies, cms, sliders, etc... Class 3 "scale" buggies. A lot of work goes into concealing everything in a comp tuber. Way more then under a hardbody...

Sorry, my opinion means nothing, as I don'y attend comps for this very reason...
tedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:18 AM   #308
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by holycaveman View Post
A truck is always an excuse for not winning. But the driver is the reason you win and not the truck.

So take best driver ever, set up a course, give him a god damn Wally World crawler... Let's see how he does. Then after that we give him an scx10
Old 02-05-2015, 11:23 AM   #309
I wanna be Dave

So much passion in here.....love it!
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 11:25 AM   #310
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
So take best driver ever, set up a course, give him a god damn Wally World crawler... Let's see how he does. Then after that we give him an scx10
Well to be truthful my brother and I took 2 out of 3 comp crawler courses with modified nylints. But they were still nylint with hard bodies. And we were both outlawed because our hard bodies were an inch shorter than the legal requirements.

This my friend is a example of how bad people hate losing. Butt hurt is a lot louder than a win.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:51 AM   #311
RCC Addict

Here is my old nylint. LOL.

A loser always blames others for their loss. We were outlawed because of our hard bodies at a comp crawler event, AFTER we won 2 out of three courses.

If I lose its my fault and no one elses.

Keep it scale, build what you want.

Old 02-05-2015, 12:03 PM   #312
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
So much passion in here.....love it!
^ agreed, and saying something is better then sitting back and being quiet and just stew over something that you wish was changed but never asked or tried to have changed.

@holycaveman I hope someday I get to bring my 2.2 vs you I am glad someone else also took the idea of winch on axle, something doublej told me in that old post that I now always see scale by, "if its scale it should be would be allowed", because rules are allowed to be changed it says it all through the rules also why if you prove its 1:1 would it be turned away?, as for the argument for c3 I can see the big problem "building from ground up" part being missing from it all, it is a class that does not actually have to resemble a 1:1 vehicle, alot of people build a truck for fun some for competing and thats is just my 2cents.

As for 1BadjeepBruiser, I personally like people like yourself willing to speak out for your opinion and clearly show why as well as show how passionate you are for it, my only comments to your quote below,when it comes to our toys/rc models and your challenge I owned one of the fastlane 1/14th scale jeep and it out of the box from toys r us would smash a losi mrc/slick rock anyday, and honestly it has been the only "rock crawler" I ever considered actually scale from a big toy store.

Absurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:32 PM   #313
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
Have you ever comped a stock scx10?
It is an art into its own but I do it all the time locally.
I keep one just for this agruement.

You can't always out drive the scale points, but even that can happen from time to time.

I believe in the scale points system, anything can be made better but it does work.
I don't believe in people holding themselves with the attitude "My toy truck is better than yours".

That gets us no where.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2015, 02:46 PM   #314
RCC Addict

Quote:
Have you ever comped a stock scx10?
It is an art into its own but I do it all the time locally.
I keep one just for this agruement.

You can't always out drive the scale points, but even that can happen from time to time.

I believe in the scale points system, anything can be made better but it does work.
I don't believe in people holding themselves with the attitude "My toy truck is better than yours".

That gets us no where.
I just wish the scale points system rewarded builders more regardless of the type of scale 4wd used.

I mean I have see some of the most awesome scale builds out of lexan. Yet no points for it even though tons of hours went into it. And that whole thing about a hard body being a disadvantage is bs. I run a hard body. No disadvantage If you know how to build a truck.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:51 PM   #315
RCC Addict

Not a big deal though. I drive better when I am at a points disadvantage!

Ha,ha.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:37 PM   #316
Rock Crawler

Quote:
No Sir, I didn't disregard your opinion - I'm telling you that there is no right answer. Where your attitude tells everyone that you only care for your opinion and others that agree with it.

Where that leaves us in this hobby? A whole bunch of guys fighting over Kids Toys....
That is what I don't get.

I was at ECSC - I voted for your rig. I drove a 30 point 1.9 class2 rig into TTC..... with little drive time on a rebuild.
We have a local guy that drives a modded TF2 in class2 and kicks all our butts....
And I watched people B*tch up a storm about the style of build from 2 of the top finishers at Utah champs....

When do we stop pointing fingers and enjoy these trucks. Stop trying to decide who's opinion of scale is right and wrong, and let the rules keep things fair, not define a word.
You think your definition of scale can't win against mine or someone else's???? Put your remote in the hands of the guys that win every year and see what happens.

I had no idea? The 2 red buggies in C3 I can only imagine. That's too bad. If there was some sort of problem I would of liked to know. Wouldn't be the first time I have been called out.

Admittedly I was very motivated last year to build cars that go places but just for the record I never intended on winning any prizes. I gave away a TF2 and later on gave away the D90.
sam63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 07:38 PM   #317
Rock Crawler

oh sam, you and trentons cheater rigs give me something to shot for every month actually just a little jealous, wish I had that much talent.
joshsmith512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:27 PM   #318
I wanna be Dave

I am trying to figure out how to point the bed on my rig. To me it's a truck with a drop bed. And all custom, so I am thinking it would be +4 bed +3 drop bed +2 for custom made. What does the scale point sorrca guys feel?

P.s. Thanks

sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 06:55 PM   #319
I wanna be Dave

As I said in the PM, I'm not even sure you can call that a bed. To get custom points, the entire body has to be custom made, not just the items you want. As far as a drop bed goes, how do you get drop bed points on something that is questionable whether it's even a bed? A drop bed would be a full depth bed with inner fender wells. No way I could give someone 10 scale points for that. I'd say -4 for the bed, that's it.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 07:04 PM   #320
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
As I said in the PM, I'm not even sure you can call that a bed. To get custom points, the entire body has to be custom made, not just the items you want. As far as a drop bed goes, how do you get drop bed points on something that is questionable whether it's even a bed? A drop bed would be a full depth bed with inner fender wells. No way I could give someone 10 scale points for that. I'd say -4 for the bed, that's it.
But it is custom made all styrene. so +2 plus +4 for the bed

Guess I see your drop bed comet. But might want to put that in writing in the rules.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote

2015 scale rules discussion or question thead - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 scale rules discussion or question thead doublej Scale Comp Rules 682 03-26-2015 07:33 AM
2015 Scale Rules doublej Scale Comp Rules 3 01-12-2015 12:56 PM
2013 scale rules discussion or question thead War Pig Scale Comp Rules 808 08-15-2014 09:29 PM