Notices

Thread: 2015 scale rules discussion or question thead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2015, 08:30 PM   #481
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 2015 scale rules discussion or question thead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 801RYAN View Post
Id give the new bright 3d all day, more detail and weight than the proline...

But really thanks for asking I just maxed out my c1 points and didn't have to do any work, it was like War Pig giving me free points
Hey...don't forget me.
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2015, 09:21 PM   #482
Rock Crawler

Thanks bmuzz1. Lol

really thanks again to the committee in general for all the work and crap you guys take
801RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:23 PM   #483
I wanna be Dave

Haha.. I've been checked in as 3d with the Cherokee interior since I put it in.. I never thought it to be so much 3d.. Glad it is!!! And now its in writing! Lol
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:33 AM   #484
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Ah, you know I love you scrap, hopefully things will work out for you.....
I think I must be in the 0.0001% that wants the rules to make sense and be easily understood and implemented.

PS. I love you too.

Last edited by Scrap; 03-13-2015 at 12:34 AM. Reason: One in a million.
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:20 AM   #485

In regards to stick on weights, there wouldn't have to be decisions made about it if people would stop trying to scam the system by uglying up their trucks with stick on weights. The committee can't possibly think of every idiotic thing people will try and make another rule.
As for vendors getting screwed by rule changes, welcome to the real world. If the comp crawlers are dying off and your product doesn't translate to scale, that's a risk you take in the business!
SCRPNBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:46 AM   #486
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
I think I must be in the 0.0001% that wants the rules to make sense and be easily understood and implemented.
I'm right there with you. We try to make these rules "perfect" but EVERYONE interprets them differently. It's just a fact of life that we have to live with. We can't just start changing the wording ever time we see fit because people print it out, save it etc. and if they go back and see it's been changed then the freak out. We modify the wording and make changes the first of every year. Until then we just have to work with what we have. Using common sense is the most important thing. If you think what you're doing is shady then it probably is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCRPNBY View Post
In regards to stick on weights, there wouldn't have to be decisions made about it if people would stop trying to scam the system by uglying up their trucks with stick on weights. The committee can't possibly think of every idiotic thing people will try and make another rule. Thank you!

As for vendors getting screwed by rule changes, welcome to the real world. If the comp crawlers are dying off and your product doesn't translate to scale, that's a risk you take in the business!
We NEVER intend to screw a vendor with rule changes, they are the lifeblood of this hobby, but sometimes it happens. There are certain facets of RC rock crawling that just don't jive with the scale side. It's unfortunate but happens. Hopefully it just forces a vendor to come up with a scale alternative.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 05:58 PM   #487
Rock Crawler

I've made crusher corners out of aluminum and attached with scale hardware. I've got them on all 4 fenders. Would these count toward scale exterior items and if so how many points?

Constant Threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:29 PM   #488
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constant Threat View Post
I've made crusher corners out of aluminum and attached with scale hardware. I've got them on all 4 fenders. Would these count toward scale exterior items and if so how many points?
I've never been asked this one. I think they could be considered scale exterior items or even functional items. I think -1 for the front pair and -1 for the rear is reasonable. They look great by the way!
Old 03-14-2015, 11:32 AM   #489
Sinking with the ship

Quote:

It's stupid, but there's nothing written into the rules that prohibit this. Although that may change next year, I really hope people understand things like that are unacceptable in the scale world
There needs to be a rule added on that ASAP... You and I both know that when someone shows up to an event and their "knuckle weights" are deemed illegal they are gonna blow a gasket and be like "oh so my knuckle weights that are painted black and you can't even tell they are there are illegal? Allow me to get the weight back in the truck with my super scale stick on wheel Weights"

People are over looking the more important issues... Everyone was bugging over a stupid little link that connected the battery tray on the vaterra yet we are gonna allow stick on axle weights...
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 09:45 PM   #490
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BadJeepBruiser View Post
People are over looking the more important issues... Everyone was bugging over a stupid little link that connected the battery tray on the vaterra yet we are gonna allow stick on axle weights...
I think you are the one bugging over nothing.... Do you lay down while you watch people drive their rigs, cause without doing so aren't seeing weights on axles.
And no, I don't have any on a single rig Ive built or driven. But its this attitude of your way or no way. Perfect scale or nothing that pushes people, vendors, and starts the bullshit each and every time.

Just because you have a opinion, doesn't mean everyone has to agree to be one of the cool kids.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 10:08 PM   #491
I wanna be Dave

The committee does not need to react every time a single example pops up as a perseived issue. That will do more to drive folks away than the betterment of the hobby.

More rules= less fun, if it isnt broken, dont fix it. Are you listening and paying attention committee members ? You dont need to do change things and create new rules to be useful.... look at the history of many organizations weather it be land, sea or air. Over regulation has been the demise of more than one segment of a hobby !

Please dont take that the wrong way guys, you do a bang up job for the most part, keep it that way. Many thanks to you all
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 10:46 PM   #492
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
I think you are the one bugging over nothing.... Do you lay down while you watch people drive their rigs, cause without doing so aren't seeing weights on axles.
And no, I don't have any on a single rig Ive built or driven. But its this attitude of your way or no way. Perfect scale or nothing that pushes people, vendors, and starts the bullshit each and every time.

Just because you have a opinion, doesn't mean everyone has to agree to be one of the cool kids.

Im not bugging I'm just making a concerning conversation seeing as another member posted that a person in his club did indeed put weight on the axle.

Theres always so much contradictory here... Tim said earlier how many 1:1 trucks do you see with knuckle weights... Hence the reason for not allowing them correct? But what? it's a problem to think its a good idea ban stick on wheels weights on the axles ? If we're going by similarities of what 1:1 have or don't have then wouldn't that make sense ?

Honestly, I'm pretty sure you think I'm some sort of asshole, as I feel like you always have a reply to try and zing me... Maybe it's just the text and the way I am reading it... I dunno what this cool kid club crap is that you speak of ? Care to elaborate ?

maybe we can chat on the phone some day so we can figure this out ? I'm really not trying to be an asshole...

For the record too, I do lay down on and get pictures and videos during scale events and get togethers... As do many other people... Or at least they use too. I haven't invested in one of those selfie stick things or whatever people are attaching the camers too.

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 03-14-2015 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Added quote
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 11:18 PM   #493
I wanna be Dave

If someone sticks weights to their axles in Colorado this year, I'm sure Ty will ask them to remove them. Things like this are an "ever so slight" issue but nothing where we're going to amend the rule in the middle of the year. In fact, the committee is on a vacation until after the RMSN but I will be on here answering questions like normal. Thanks for all your concerns and feel free to continue with any questions you guys have. Tim.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:47 AM   #494

Quote:
Although I would lean towards not rewarding 3D points to a Proline interior due to the fact that it's just a vacuum formed piece of lexan, I really can't do that. The scale points say it must include "floor, seats, dash and steering wheel". It doesn't say what it has to be made of.

Sooo, I say you have to reward it 3D points.
imho a 3d interior should fit a complete driver that is appropriate scale.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:24 PM   #495
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
I would agree. Does this interior qualify? I've never had or really seen one.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:31 PM   #496
Rock Crawler

No it won't. ..

I'd like to be written that from the top of the dash to the top of the floor needs to be within a certain spec 2 inches 3 inches whatever the case may be. .. but definitely deeper than what the proline is. .
801RYAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:21 PM   #497
I wanna be Dave

Thanks to all the SORRCA Committee Member that answer the questions in this thread....wow...this is a full time job, I am sure everyone appreciates folks clearing up things to maybe help them building or etc.

Of all the years the committee has been around I think I am seeing more and more people concerned on keeping it fun....I am excited for this coming year.

RC hobby FTW!

Justin,
justinart24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:44 PM   #498
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badhoopty View Post
Quote:
I would agree. Does this interior qualify? I've never had or really seen one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 801RYAN View Post
No it won't. ..

I'd like to be written that from the top of the dash to the top of the floor needs to be within a certain spec 2 inches 3 inches whatever the case may be. .. but definitely deeper than what the proline is. .
In the proline body you would more then likely have a driver like the Street League drivers from the knee up.
With my Bruiser interior and Street League driver I only had to remove his feet.
With my Dinky Honcho interior in the f100 the same drivers are complete.
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:06 PM   #499
Scale Detail Engineering

what. the. heck.

Scale points are to reward building and weight disadvantages?

IMO, the P-L interior should be scored as 2d because it's a single vacuum formed piece... it does not have near scale proportions either.
A bumper car has more legroom than the PL interior (if it was scaled up to 1:1).

This is what is being discussed?
Attached Images

johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 02:07 PM   #500
Scale Detail Engineering

I guess on the plus side, I'll get 3d motor scale points for the P-L Bug vacuum formed motor... it's more "scale" than the interior IMHO.
Attached Images

johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote

2015 scale rules discussion or question thead - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2014 scale rules discussion or question thead doublej Scale Comp Rules 682 03-26-2015 07:33 AM
2015 Scale Rules doublej Scale Comp Rules 3 01-12-2015 12:56 PM
2013 scale rules discussion or question thead War Pig Scale Comp Rules 808 08-15-2014 09:29 PM