Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: New Incision wheels coming....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2016, 07:59 AM   #281
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New Incision wheels coming....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I'd like to see the Incision Methods next to the VP Methods to compare the change in bolt pattern. From 6+ feet away, where are eyes are most of the time while driving, I highly doubt it's noticeable.

These hubs should be half the cost of the SLW hubs or else the switch is really a bad idea.
There's a lot less machining on them so they should be.

I'll set one of my Method 105s next to them tonight for a pic.
HahnsB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2016, 08:06 AM   #282
RCC Addict

Hahns that CXT is sweet bud. Yeah I do like my VP SLW compatible wheels. Have I ever changed hub widths with my SLW compatible wheels? Yes. But only until I got the correct spacing I wanted then they stayed like that forever.

Maybe BC-Brian can make some shifts for the new wheels to give people the offsets they want...granted a set of (4) shifts is almost as much as a pair of the 1.9 wheels.
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:31 AM   #283
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarterFab View Post
I'm not saying the currently released wheels have more detail, it simply opens up the options for newer designs later.
But then that defeats the purpose of this line, no? The Incision wheel is supposed to be less detailed and easier to machine.

Again, no logic in the switch, other than to say we can do what we want and you'll buy it ala Apple products.

Make the wheel accept SLW and sell it without hubs! Most have them already. They're available in many widths. Now there is just another hub with another bolt pattern to make things just that more confusing. The wheel would still be 50% cheaper without this new hub.

What's the new hub called anyway? The VP hub?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited by DowntownScience; 07-28-2016 at 08:34 AM.
DowntownScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:43 AM   #284
I wanna be Dave

You guys really need to go back and read... You are making a huge deal out of nothing!
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:46 AM   #285
Rock Crawler

There are clearly people on here that gobble up anything VP has to offer and hold them high on a pedestal whenever that happens. There are also people who question design changes that are supposedly necessary. Tell me why this bolt pattern could not have been the same?

Old 07-28-2016, 08:51 AM   #286
I wanna be Dave

And then there are drama queens....NEVER satisfied
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:55 AM   #287
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
And then there are drama queens....NEVER satisfied
I'd rather question it than accept it and ride the VP dick! Companies need to hear what people in the hobby are saying, unless you think VP could care less?

Last edited by DowntownScience; 07-28-2016 at 09:01 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:04 AM   #288

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSRCdesign View Post
You guys really need to go back and read... You are making a huge deal out of nothing!
It might not be a big deal to you, but it is obviously a big deal to others. I know it's frowned upon when people on this site question the beloved VP, but at this point I don't think it has been banned.

You are adding nothing to this discussion by continually saying it's not a big deal. Keep drinking the VP Kool-Aid, but please let the rest of us have a conversation. There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:20 AM   #289
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownScience View Post
I'd rather question it than accept it and ride the VP dick! Companies need to hear what people in the hobby are saying, unless you think VP could care less?

So YOU don't like VP, opinions are.......

Ripping any vendor is quite childish, as they will ignore rants like this.....

Intelligent facts work well, when you make a product, sales determine success, not forum haters opinions
Old 07-28-2016, 09:24 AM   #290
I wanna be Dave

Harley has already given you the info you are asking. Just go back and read it.

Do you guys give gearhead, or rc4wd this much grief for using different hubs?

And I'm not being anyone's fanboy, I have stuff from a lot of our vendors, SSD, gearhead, Holmes, rc4wd, LockedUp etc.. I just choose to contact them directly with any questions or issues. Not turn a new product thread into a whine fest about a hub.

At the end of the day, it's a tiny part for a tiny truck, it's NOT a big deal.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:24 AM   #291
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
It's about the types of machines we can use to produce them on more affordably. Could a huge machine shop else where do things differently, yes. However we are not a large machine shop and to make affordable wheels with hubs included, this had to be changed. The SLW pattern was simply not an option.

New products keep the hobby going. So I guess the thought is, why not make them SLW compatible and just not include the hubs to make them that much "cheaper" per pair? Makes sense to wonder this, I mean I too wonder. I guess besides knowing that the SLWs were not an option in their small machine shop to be made affordably we will just keep speculating/questioning why. So then does someone else make the SLW hubs?

Also change isn't always bad right? I mean before Lipos came out we were all using ni-cad batteries... Did anyone complain about the "standard" battery and what they would do with all these new paper weights since the release of Lipos?

Sure Ni-cads are still used and work for people...just like lipos work for others.

Slw hubs work for people....and these new hubs work for people wanting a nice wheel that would work with a stock out of the box rig without having to figure out can I run 225s with my current knuckle or tire/wheel setup? Or do I need 350s? 475s? etc...
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:26 AM   #292
Rock Crawler

Quote:
So YOU don't like VP, opinions are.......

Ripping any vendor is quite childish, as they will ignore rants like this.....

Intelligent facts work well, when you make a product, sales determine success, not forum haters opinions
Calling people drama queens after questioning the facts is childish.

Go on though...

I'm questioning the logic in such a small change in bolt pattern that would have kept everyone happy. So far I'm only hearing excuses. Nothing sound to show it couldn't have been done.

Last edited by DowntownScience; 07-28-2016 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:26 AM   #293
20K Club

Quote:
It might not be a big deal to you, but it is obviously a big deal to others. I know it's frowned upon when people on this site question the beloved VP, but at this point I don't think it has been banned.

You are adding nothing to this discussion by continually saying it's not a big deal. Keep drinking the VP Kool-Aid, but please let the rest of us have a conversation. There's nothing wrong with constructive criticism.
The question has been answered before is also what he's said.

Here is the reason again:
In order to hit the price point we wanted, a new hub was 100% required. We cannot produce a SLW size hub (outer diameter) on the machines that allow us to keep the cost down on these wheels. If we were a huge shop with unlimited machine resources to buy any machine we ever needed, THEN sure it's possible to do the SLW. However until then, to give people an affordable option from us, this is what we can do. There are also perks to the smaller size, the SLW size is tough to make designs look as good as possible with that larger center section. This new pattern gives us a large amount of real estate back.

If people only want SLW style wheels, we have great news! We have many to choose from already
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:36 AM   #294
I wanna be Dave

I actually LIKE the smaller hub.

Think about this, what if they make us a 1.55 or 1.7 wheel.. You eber hold a slw up to that before?
Old 07-28-2016, 09:38 AM   #295
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
New products keep the hobby going. So I guess the thought is, why not make them SLW compatible and just not include the hubs to make them that much "cheaper" per pair? Makes sense to wonder this, I mean I too wonder. I guess besides knowing that the SLWs were not an option in their small machine shop to be made affordably we will just keep speculating/questioning why. So then does someone else make the SLW hubs?

Also change isn't always bad right? I mean before Lipos came out we were all using ni-cad batteries... Did anyone complain about the "standard" battery and what they would do with all these new paper weights since the release of Lipos?

Sure Ni-cads are still used and work for people...just like lipos work for others.

Slw hubs work for people....and these new hubs work for people wanting a nice wheel that would work with a stock out of the box rig without having to figure out can I run 225s with my current knuckle or tire/wheel setup? Or do I need 350s? 475s? etc...
We make the SLW's in house, however they are made using more than one machine to give a finished product. More than one process to complete takes time and labor. We can't include a hub that costs that much, and one thing that people always talked about was not including the hub. So we found a way to solve those issues.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 09:44 AM   #296
I wanna be Dave

I just want to know, are more designs coming? I love my set of 2.2s and think I need a set of 1.9s
Old 07-28-2016, 09:45 AM   #297
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownScience View Post
Calling people drama queens after questioning the facts is childish.

Go on though...

I'm questioning the logic in such a small change in bolt pattern that would have kept everyone happy. So far I'm only hearing excuses. Nothing sound to show it couldn't have been done.

Riding the VP Dick.....that's how my kids sound......foolish drama !
Talk about how you hate or love the products..... Not Harley's sex life......
Old 07-28-2016, 09:55 AM   #298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
The question has been answered before is also what he's said.
He has said that, but he keeps dismissing the constructive criticism. That was what I was trying to point out. In his posts where he states to "go back and read" he is sometimes ignoring the fact that people aren't asking for the reason for the change, but instead they are voicing their opinion of why they don't like the change and how they would have done it if they had it their way.

You have your reasons for the hub change and most of us understand that. That doesn't mean it's going to be a popular change when so many guys are vested in SLW hubs. And it doesn't mean guys are going to stop giving constructive criticism.

Like I said before, the hub doesn't matter to me because I'm not vested in SLW hubs.

Quote:
Riding the VP Dick.....that's how my kids sound......foolish drama !
Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade which is exactly what he did. It's not drama. But I can't believe you let your kids talk that way.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:59 AM   #299
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
He has said that, but he keeps dismissing the constructive criticism. That was what I was trying to point out. In his posts where he states to "go back and read" he is sometimes ignoring the fact that people aren't asking for the reason for the change, but instead they are voicing their opinion of why they don't like the change and how they would have done it if they had it their way.

You have your reasons for the hub change and most of us understand that. That doesn't mean it's going to be a popular change when so many guys are vested in SLW hubs. And it doesn't mean guys are going to stop giving constructive criticism.

Like I said before, the hub doesn't matter to me because I'm not vested in SLW hubs.

Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade which is exactly what he did. It's not drama. But I can't believe you let your kids talk that way.
If you have no vested interest, it's not constructive criticism. It's called being a troll..

If people got it their way, they would have a regular vanquish method wheel. Which cost about 86 bucks a pair. Increasing the cost of these any over their launch price would take out the whole point of their existence. Dismissing the constructive criticism? Or trying to move past something that had already been answered so we can discuss other things?

Oh and for the people that wanna say "how they would have done it" are more than welcome to pony up and start making wheels..
Old 07-28-2016, 10:16 AM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSRCdesign View Post
If you have no vested interest, it's not constructive criticism. It's called being a troll..

If people got it their way, they would have a regular vanquish method wheel. Which cost about 86 bucks a pair. Increasing the cost of these any over their launch price would take out the whole point of their existence. Dismissing the constructive criticism? Or trying to move past something that had already been answered so we can discuss other things?

Oh and for the people that wanna say "how they would have done it" are more than welcome to pony up and start making wheels..
I said I have no vested interest in SLW hubs. I am interested in these wheels and even stated I am planning on buying a set. Take your own advice and go back and read. Picking and choosing what you want to read all in the name of defending your stupid posts is more trolling than anything I've done on this thread.

Maybe you want to move past the discussion of the hubs. Others don't. You don't get to decide what they talk about.

New Incision wheels coming.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Narrowing Stock XR10 wheels to fit Vanquish Incision Knuckles The gasman Tires and Wheels 8 01-13-2014 06:46 PM
vanquish XR-10 Incision Steering Knuckles and wheels bikeboy Axial XR10 35 03-07-2012 09:51 AM
VP Incision Steering Knuckles/Stock Wheels Mysterious Axial XR10 9 12-11-2011 05:18 PM
New 1.9 wheels coming Gozer Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 10-21-2008 02:59 AM