Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: New Incision wheels coming....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2016, 10:20 AM   #301
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: New Incision wheels coming....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownScience View Post
But then that defeats the purpose of this line, no? The Incision wheel is supposed to be less detailed and easier to machine.

Make the wheel accept SLW and sell it without hubs! Most have them already. They're available in many widths. Now there is just another hub with another bolt pattern to make things just that more confusing. The wheel would still be 50% cheaper without this new hub.
X2, should have left hub alone and sell them separate, wouldn't need a new machine to do what you already were doing too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley View Post
In order to hit the price point we wanted, a new hub was 100% required. We cannot produce a SLW size hub (outer diameter) on the machines that allow us to keep the cost down on these wheels. If we were a huge shop with unlimited machine resources to buy any machine we ever needed, THEN sure it's possible to do the SLW. However until then, to give people an affordable option from us, this is what we can do. There are also perks to the smaller size, the SLW size is tough to make designs look as good as possible with that larger center section. This new pattern gives us a large amount of real estate back.
Don't re-tool and re-design so much, use the same old SLW hubs and sell them separately.

Quote:
We make the SLW's in house, however they are made using more than one machine to give a finished product. More than one process to complete takes time and labor. We can't include a hub that costs that much, and one thing that people always talked about was not including the hub.
SLW hubs could be made a little cheaper and stronger if they didn't scallop cut around the outside of the hubs. Don't include the hubs with any of your wheels, leave it ala carte the way it was...wheels, rings, hubs, hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSRCdesign View Post
If people got it their way, they would have a regular vanquish method wheel. Which cost about 86 bucks a pair. Increasing the cost of these any over their launch price would take out the whole point of their existence.

Oh and for the people that wanna say "how they would have done it" are more than welcome to pony up and start making wheels..
These are good looking wheels, simple yet elegant, with cheaper price, but could have been cheaper without any hubs.

Most people will just buy other wheels that have the features and price that they want.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2016, 10:33 AM   #302
Rock Crawler

I don't get the beef...just don't buy the wheels?

They haven't said they are going to stop making and selling SLW wheels; those that want SLW wheels go buy those instead? And even if they did stop making SLW wheels, it's not like your current SLW wheels will no longer work after a period of time...unlike an iPhone, where if you don't upgrade to a new phone with the new power cable connector, your current iPhone will eventually be so slow and useless in a few years you are forced to upgrade. This negativity needs to be transferred over to the Apple forums!

Your current SLW wheels will always work! Be happy about that!
Drm31078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:35 AM   #303
I wanna be Dave

Default New Incision wheels coming....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post

Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade which is exactly what he did. It's not drama. But I can't believe you let your kids talk that way.

Youngest kid is 21...........I listen to them now.....

Last edited by mikemcE; 07-28-2016 at 10:37 AM.
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:45 AM   #304
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Sad that an admin of this site, and a long term post whoring member who is now an employee of Vanquish, who is a sponsor here, can't even bother to post them here, where he started.
And now you know why....

*Unsubscribe*
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:48 AM   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Youngest kid is 21...........I listen to them now.....
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSRCdesign View Post
And now you know why....

*Unsubscribe*
Can we get a round of applause for his exit?!
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:59 AM   #306
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drm31078 View Post
I don't get the beef...just don't buy the wheels?

They haven't said they are going to stop making and selling SLW wheels; those that want SLW wheels go buy those instead? And even if they did stop making SLW wheels, it's not like your current SLW wheels will no longer work after a period of time...unlike an iPhone, where if you don't upgrade to a new phone with the new power cable connector, your current iPhone will eventually be so slow and useless in a few years you are forced to upgrade. This negativity needs to be transferred over to the Apple forums!

Your current SLW wheels will always work! Be happy about that!
The SLW hub line will not stop, we just need to have these two sizes to be able to hit the markets that people want.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:00 PM   #307
Rock Crawler

I personally do not think it would of mattered if we did slw hole pattern, and left out the hubs to keep the price down. We still would of been blasted for not supplying a complete product.

We did not make this change lightly. But we made the change and it will be here to stay. This will be our new standard for even smaller hubs. We have brewed on a smaller hub for a long long time. Slw hubs will not be a great choice in size if we start to venture out into drift wheels and 1.55 wheels. We wanted the smallest pattern that we felt was comfortable. Also always making 1.9 rims has had its difficulty keeping scale lines on the slw hub. Yes it may not be a huge difference to some, but for me especially as a designer. Something as small as .05 in difference would help in designing. And yes in the end, the size fits into our machine shop needs to automate the whole process of making these hubs. Dedicating the whole process to one machine, instead of multiple machines. One machine able to run complete is a much more efficient means of manufacturing the hubs.

I know some seem to have some conspiracy and think we are doing a apple pricing strategy. If that was true, we would not be supplying what we feel will be the most popular size. We would of supplied either too large to fit everything possible or too narrow so they would not work on a ton of setups, to force people to buy more hubs. So far for us, this size has fit every truck setup we have in the shop.

Some have even claimed we are not listening to the customers. In reality we are listening to our customers, stores, and fans. They wanted a compete product at a more affordable price tag. In my opinion and yes it is biased we hit that on all marks, Style, Design, Affordability, and great looks.

I am convinced though, no matter what we make, some will always look for something to complain about.

In the end we make toys with robots, we love our job. Our fans who love us recognize our hard work, and passion we put into our products. Our haters will always be that, haters.

Jim
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:05 PM   #308

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vp Monkey View Post
I personally do not think it would of mattered if we did slw hole pattern, and left out the hubs to keep the price down. We still would of been blasted for not supplying a complete product.

We did not make this change lightly. But we made the change and it will be here to stay. This will be our new standard for even smaller hubs. We have brewed on a smaller hub for a long long time. Slw hubs will not be a great choice in size if we start to venture out into drift wheels and 1.55 wheels. We wanted the smallest pattern that we felt was comfortable. Also always making 1.9 rims has had its difficulty keeping scale lines on the slw hub. Yes it may not be a huge difference to some, but for me especially as a designer. Something as small as .05 in difference would help in designing. And yes in the end, the size fits into our machine shop needs to automate the whole process of making these hubs. Dedicating the whole process to one machine, instead of multiple machines. One machine able to run complete is a much more efficient means of manufacturing the hubs.

I know some seem to have some conspiracy and think we are doing a apple pricing strategy. If that was true, we would not be supplying what we feel will be the most popular size. We would of supplied either too large to fit everything possible or too narrow so they would not work on a ton of setups, to force people to buy more hubs. So far for us, this size has fit every truck setup we have in the shop.

Some have even claimed we are not listening to the customers. In reality we are listening to our customers, stores, and fans. They wanted a compete product at a more affordable price tag. In my opinion and yes it is biased we hit that on all marks, Style, Design, Affordability, and great looks.

I am convinced though, no matter what we make, some will always look for something to complain about.

In the end we make toys with robots, we love our job. Our fans who love us recognize our hard work, and passion we put into our products. Our haters will always be that, haters.

Jim
If you made drift wheels that would be sick!
Old 07-28-2016, 12:30 PM   #309
I wanna be Dave

In retrospect the smaller hub pattern should have been a tip off about product expansion and now that it's brought up it makes perfect sense.

Good luck with the new wheels and whatnot. Hopefully some bomb proof rear axles for ar60's are in the works.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 12:35 PM   #310
I wanna be Dave

Jim,
Thanks for answering the question in full, it's frustrating when all previous answers avoided a direct answer and only answered some of the questions.

It all makes sense now, thank you.

Looking forward to multiple hub offsets and small wheels.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:12 PM   #311
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
That's what made this move okay for me. The included hubs are just the right size for my (and most other) applications.
HahnsB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:26 PM   #312

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
In retrospect the smaller hub pattern should have been a tip off about product expansion and now that it's brought up it makes perfect sense.

Good luck with the new wheels and whatnot. Hopefully some bomb proof rear axles for ar60's are in the works.
Centered pumpkins would be great.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:01 PM   #313
RCC Addict

Thanks for better answers on the change. These hubs do look more scale and if you start venturing into 1.55s it will be beneficial.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:27 PM   #314
Rock Crawler

Thanks to those that gave me the pointers on the automotive paper and to Amazon prime, see below

Setup was 180-320-800-1200....did figure 8s on 180 until almost all black was gone. Then figure 8s on 320. Then spun in circle on 800 and 1200 to finish.

Comparison between the two

Finished product. No tires yet. Sorry.

Drm31078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:11 PM   #315
Quarry Creeper

105 next to the 307.

HahnsB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 07:45 PM   #316
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Jim
Jim,

This is the type of information everyone was looking for.

Thank you for stepping to the plate to explain the entire concept, set the expectation of what the future looks like and why.

This entire thread could have been avoided if this information would have been available to us all in the first place. As you can see, because it wasn't, the community was left to make assumptions about your brand.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited by DowntownScience; 07-28-2016 at 07:53 PM.
DowntownScience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:03 PM   #317
Rock Crawler

Quote:
The question has been answered before is also what he's said.

Here is the reason again:
In order to hit the price point we wanted, a new hub was 100% required. We cannot produce a SLW size hub (outer diameter) on the machines that allow us to keep the cost down on these wheels. If we were a huge shop with unlimited machine resources to buy any machine we ever needed, THEN sure it's possible to do the SLW. However until then, to give people an affordable option from us, this is what we can do. There are also perks to the smaller size, the SLW size is tough to make designs look as good as possible with that larger center section. This new pattern gives us a large amount of real estate back.

If people only want SLW style wheels, we have great news! We have many to choose from already
This is what I'm talking about here. The first thing mentioned is price point.
Quote:
We make the SLW's in house, however they are made using more than one machine to give a finished product. More than one process to complete takes time and labor. We can't include a hub that costs that much, and one thing that people always talked about was not including the hub. So we found a way to solve those issues.
Another on pricing.

The real reason it's being done is to change the industry standard to something more versatile to all rim diameters which allows for more scale detail to the face of the rims.

This should have been the main point from the get go. The cheaper pricing is already obvious, but there is a problem with the logic in changing a design purely do to price when another standard was already set and is being widely used. This is where the Apple comparisons came from.

Just trying to point out that someone from VP should have made a clear official statement so as to not leave so many people to assume they're doing it to screw the customer.

Old 07-28-2016, 08:07 PM   #318
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
This entire thread could have been avoided if this information would have been available to us all in the first place. As you can see, because it wasn't, the community was left to make assumptions about your brand.[

Fact. Sometimes a bit of information is all that is needed to avoid an assumption fueled discussion.
WHITE-TRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 08:16 PM   #319
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
Fact. Sometimes a bit of information is all that is needed to avoid an assumption fueled discussion.
Pretty sure all of the SCX10 ii changes have pleased people knowing they took the time to redesign them for the better of the customer.

Not sure I would be so pleased to know they changed the axles and gear sizes to cut costs.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:24 AM   #320
RCC Addict

Quote:
Pretty sure all of the SCX10 ii changes have pleased people knowing they took the time to redesign them for the better of the customer.

Not sure I would be so pleased to know they changed the axles and gear sizes to cut costs.

While I agree with the logic with the scx10II R&D, aren't wheels a little bit different than eningeering new axles? Feel like its apples and oranges.

Its a wheel with hub...they wanted to keep costs down to be available to a wider portion of the market and be versatile for future products. The new VP wheel isn't minimizing torque twist or anything like that...because its a wheel.

Back on track, thanks Hahns for the comparison pics. Granted a flash or lit room would've showed off more of the new wheel detail . At the same time, it almost makes it hard to tell the difference, besides the beadlock hardware of course.
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote

New Incision wheels coming.... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Narrowing Stock XR10 wheels to fit Vanquish Incision Knuckles The gasman Tires and Wheels 8 01-13-2014 06:46 PM
vanquish XR-10 Incision Steering Knuckles and wheels bikeboy Axial XR10 35 03-07-2012 09:51 AM
VP Incision Steering Knuckles/Stock Wheels Mysterious Axial XR10 9 12-11-2011 05:18 PM
New 1.9 wheels coming Gozer Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 4 10-21-2008 02:59 AM