Thread: Clanker's Wreckluse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: Clanker's Wreckluse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postclanker View Post
I was gonna say, mighty clean cut ....
Got to run the mantis (xr10) today. that thing is so easy to crawl with. Managed to talk Meatwad into some video also...now, if I could get him to process it and post some of it up in here we'd have some video proof
Will be looking forward to seeing when you guys post!

Addendum 10/15/12: ITS MONDAY!!! somehow that is not as cool as ITS FRIDAY!!! Did you get to take the mantis out for a walk? All i managed to walk was my pooch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paleblue46 View Post
Post , thanks , I have been pulling for about 20 years now . Lobo nice rig
Thanks man!

Last edited by Lobonyc; 10-15-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Lobonyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #82
I wanna be Dave

Yes I did...was gald I did as well, really like that rig. Meatwad soaked his servo a bit too much and was watching, so I let him run it for a bit...he even states that it's totally different kind of crawling. It's nice to switch it up a bit.

Was wondering if you got to mess with your shocks at all...I know how that "no time" thing works....thought maybe you were doing the Mimi since Friday and fell down...
Postclanker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #83
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yes I did...was gald I did as well, really like that rig. Meatwad soaked his servo a bit too much and was watching, so I let him run it for a bit...he even states that it's totally different kind of crawling. It's nice to switch it up a bit.

Was wondering if you got to mess with your shocks at all...I know how that "no time" thing works....thought maybe you were doing the Mimi since Friday and fell down...
COOOOOL The mantis got out!!! Sorry to hear about MEATWAD's soaked servo(a moment of silence is in order). That's not cool especially if it happens early on. So, does MOA feel like you have greater ability to crawl and climb? can you control the front axle independently from the rear?

Dude, the only thing i managed to do was swap one rear 110mm shock with a 90mm one before the honeydew was served..."honeydew this & honeydew that". To be honest...im not even sure how i managed that one shock swap! I rather do done a "Mimi" and wind up on the floor than get served with any more honeydew!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:28 PM   #84
I wanna be Dave

Yeah got home and dried it out, worked well for a few mins bench testing my new 3link/panhard setup and it smoked. The board was heavily corroded from the salt water dunk, now I know how to seal this type of servo better. Ah well now I have a powerful new winch!

Haven't driven moa's much, it still feels weird
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #85
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatwad View Post
Yeah got home and dried it out, worked well for a few mins bench testing my new 3link/panhard setup and it smoked. The board was heavily corroded from the salt water dunk, now I know how to seal this type of servo better. Ah well now I have a powerful new winch!

Haven't driven moa's much, it still feels weird

So, it wasn't the serious dunking you did on Saturday then...residue of a salt water dunk at the Bean ??? That was some time ago though...salt water is the acid bath for RC's and cameras. Left a Nikon F (old school ) out on the beach during a heavy fog/misty day. It got damp, didn't think anything about it, wiped it down...a week or so later it was rusted thru and thru, the lens wouldn't even rotate to focus...about a $900 mistake I'll never make again. Pretty sad.

Are you sure you can waterproof against salt water???

Alex my friend...nobody knows "honey do" like I know "honey do", it's made a mess of many a weekend for me...happens about once a month....
Old 10-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #86
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Are you sure you can waterproof against salt water???
Yep, dont run in salt water
Meatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #87
RCC Addict

Do you think them blue waterproof servos by hitec and traxxas can survive salt water? That salt water can really mess things up. I feel your pain with regards to your camera and lens, and MEATWAD's pain for his servo loss. Brings back lots of memories, lol.

Hmmmmmmm, honeydew once a month...not bad...I think it has become a staple of my everyday life.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:13 PM   #88
I wanna be Dave

Ha...I was refering to a cycle....on that once a month thingy...

which Hitec's are "waterproof" Alex ??? The salt will corrode any exposed metal I'm sure...including screws, the outer gear, the horn. I'm even weary of dunking the Hitec I have in fresh water...they aren't cheap.
The Bluebird Cyrus had in his actually had an aluminum casing...it was killer and was a good price at that...nice and torque-y I will buy one soon.
just avoid the salt water with it
Old 10-17-2012, 05:42 AM   #89
RCC Addict

Quote:
Ha...I was refering to a cycle....on that once a month thingy...

which Hitec's are "waterproof" Alex ??? The salt will corrode any exposed metal I'm sure...including screws, the outer gear, the horn. I'm even weary of dunking the Hitec I have in fresh water...they aren't cheap.
The Bluebird Cyrus had in his actually had an aluminum casing...it was killer and was a good price at that...nice and torque-y I will buy one soon.
just avoid the salt water with it
HEHEHE i know - "on that once a month thingy...".

waterproof Hitec servos: TowerHobbies.com | HRC35646W 35646W Hitec HS-5646WP Digital Waterproof HV MG Dual BB Servo

TowerHobbies.com | HRC32646S 32646S Hitec HS-646WP Analog Waterproof High Voltage Servo

They are not as powerful as one would hope but they should be good for fresh water.

At this point MEATWAD's "stay out of saltwater" philosophy would be best for long lasting servos whether waterproof or not.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

Hey Post , what did you use for your gauges? the scale looks good

Lobo , how is yours coming?
paleblue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #91
RCC Addict

Quote:

its coming along slowly...

Replaced the front MIP drive shaft with a shorter one. Shortened the front links by 5mm for good servo clearance. swapped 2.2 wheels and tires for 1.9s. the front shocks were moved to second hole (towards chassis). Axial universals were installed in front.

To do:

Change rear shock location. install rear universals. cut and paint new panels. redo willys chair and cockpit and possible redo the lighting...its kind beat up and has missing lenses.

thanks for asking paleblue
Old 10-20-2012, 10:32 PM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

I think they were a Proline kit, I searched again and can't find it. I remember it being a pain the first time too. If I find it again I'll post it up...
Old 10-20-2012, 10:36 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Hey Alex, you cutting lexan body panels??
I sure would like to find some metal panels and hood...got any ideas? Especially the hood
Old 10-21-2012, 07:57 AM   #94
RCC Addict

Quote:
I think they were a Proline kit, I searched again and can't find it. I remember it being a pain the first time too. If I find it again I'll post it up...
These are the gauges buddy...they are by RPPhobby and yes they were a pain.

RPP Hobby Scale Dash for 1/10 scale

Quote:
Hey Alex, you cutting lexan body panels??
I sure would like to find some metal panels and hood...got any ideas? Especially the hood
yes indeed, i didnt want to but a side panel snapped in two at a bend and the rear panel where rear lights are mounted cracked.

Metal panels would be cool except i get nervous about sharp edges. I thought of the diamond plated aluminum sheet for the sides and roof.

RC4WD Scale Diamond Plate Aluminum Sheets (2)

Hot Racing 1/10 scale aluminum Diamond Plate 9 x 11

Now here is a twist for ya...aluminum styrene. i found some sheets on one my father/daughter walks and snatched them up. never used them though. The have a mirror metal finish however i dont know what they will look like when you start getting scratches. maybe best left for roof panel, instrument/gauge panel, and the rear inside panel.

The hood on the other hand is problem.
Replacements are impossible unless you purchase another wreckluse chassis. Ive never seen replacement hoods sold at RCP although every wreckluse owner has asked about it and has wanted one. Not sure why they dont make them and that sucks. The always say you can cut the hood from a jeep body as replacement.

Im thinking all you need are some styrene and skills... also say that the HPI bronco hood is too wide...lol

Here is a funny one for ya greg...balsa wood, hahahahha

when i first got the wreckluse my intention was to cut all panels from balsa wood, stain the panels then gloss. i got one done; a pain and a mess. once mounted on, it just looked plain wrong.

let me know what you decide.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:32 AM   #95
Rock Crawler

I to wondered why they never offered a replacement hood , side panels are fairly easy but to buy a whole HPI Jeep body for just the hood seems a little pricey but thats what we wreck owners do I guess. I also would like to put one of TSS aluminum Jeep grills in mine , I just got one of the billet radiators .Mine is sitting at the moment I was given 4 vintage cars and I am trying to get them going . 2 - 1/8th scale on roads and 2- 10th scales . Thanks for the info on the gauges, why are they a pain ?
Old 10-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Hard to find...but I guess I don't search we'll....
That link Lobo found was the exact part I found

I would gladly pay for new panels....metal or lexan, especially if they came with a hood
Old 10-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #97
RCC Addict

I've been nagging, pleading and begging for a few years now for a replacement hood/panel set from RCP....you can't tell me that they only make one set per chassis! . I kinda feel like I'm being "dicked around" with their responses.
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:06 AM   #98
RCC Addict

Quote:
Hard to find...but I guess I don't search we'll....
That link Lobo found was the exact part I found

I would gladly pay for new panels....metal or lexan, especially if they came with a hood
Hey Greg, i found this...

Clear Hood for Timberwolf Chassis

Cant say it will work but i posted a question on the thread so lets see if other have used it successfully.

thread:
Wreckluse hood where at???

Did you use the original body panels or did you make spares first?
Old 10-21-2012, 10:08 AM   #99
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 View Post
I've been nagging, pleading and begging for a few years now for a replacement hood/panel set from RCP....you can't tell me that they only make one set per chassis! . I kinda feel like I'm being "dicked around" with their responses.

I recall RCP having spares once...and to be honest...that might have been a dream
Old 10-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #100
Rock Crawler

That RC4WD hood may work and cheaper than a whole body , good find Lobo. and thanks again for the gauge link

Clanker's Wreckluse - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
just got a wreckluse and need help pontiacfreak Electronics 7 11-24-2009 10:10 AM