Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: wanting a winner.. Xr-10 build thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: wanting a winner.. Xr-10 build thread

Good luck with the build. Let us know if you have any questions.
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2012, 10:34 PM   #62
I wanna be Dave

My bad for the delay in progress.. wife decided, I got a chassis, she wanted to go out to eat... Fair enough... Then a busy night..
So anywho, the chassis was put together with in 20 mins after I got it.. then it had to wait.. boo!

It's the right way! The way I like it... Hehe..

Don't worry Christian... It's goin to have all the CF it needs!

The side panels will get a little tweaking yet an the nose panel will get re-cut.. in my cutting, I went for least waste.. CF is goin the wrong direction.. lol..

I'm working with a semi local CF maker.. so between one piece servo guards an beadlock rings or maybe even wheels, on top of a great price on 1.5" brass round stock.. I may be making some more goodies for the rig..
Still have aluminum shock bodies to switch in for the plastic ones, a vp tranny housing, an the RR motor electronics mount.. of course the main switch, the chassis.. It's raining an hoping to have off work tomm.. more posts to come!

Also looking for upper link mounting positions at the chassis, suggestions for a starting point.. I have looked at all the switch rigs.. some I can't tell.. also scx-10 shock mounting options.. thanks

Last edited by winnerone23; 10-18-2012 at 10:52 PM.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:38 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Hmmm... meh.. JK man, looks really good.. The pannels do look very good with the delrin chassis.. I'll give you that
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 05:17 PM   #64
I wanna be Dave

I got my vp tranny housing on, steel pinion, cleaned an lubed my front motor, an mounted the RR motor electronics mount..

Now back together..

A little much flex for me

But looks sexy doin it!

I have more just out of time..

One last one, link placement.. look right? Cause the rear links hit.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:32 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

What are they hitting, the chassis on full press? I can't tell but if you try the rear uppers in the third inner hole from the top, that should clock your rear down just a bit and keep the chassis from hitting them on full press. Nick told me it shouldn't be a big deal because you wouldn't normally get into that type of situation on a regular basis anyway.
Wicked Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #66
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, that's were its at an that's what its doin.. I know it won't hit like that in crawling, but say ya get flipped over, ur rear won't drop an catch a rock cause It's stuck on the chassis.. dunno, I do like the old style uppers like a couple team drivers, make real nice lines with the truck as they were.. but who am I lol.. I want the performance not the looks.. I guess.. I'm sure ill forget all bout it once I start crawling with it.. I already ran a line I couldn't do.. looks crazy working the way it does too..

Then my phone shut off like a old brick it is! As well as the lvc kicked in too..lol..
Red Bc's shaved an mounted with the CI foams.. ready to hit the rocks! Off to do electronics..
Old 10-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #67
I wanna be Dave

looking good, got some more goodies for my light weight update. Hope to see you and your fancy new rig at Crawltoberfest.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:08 AM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Great job man... Those carbon fiber body panels look amazing...
D19er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #69
I wanna be Dave

For sure John.. The fancy new rig an I will deff be there for sure! Can't wait! Is ur light weight goin to be ready for it?

Thanks D19er.. still have the side panels to refine as well.. they are lighter then the lexan panels that come with it. An look way better doin it!

So I started the electronics last night.. after trying everything, every which way.. I have over on oz of extra wire laying around an still nothing mounted.. good thing its Sat!
The dig just fits in the chassis but won't sit on the skid plate cause the upper link screws get in the way.. with it on the RR motor mount it limits articulation.. I think right before I gave up for the night, I figured it out tho.. time to go see an get it done.. so anyone running a punk dig on there switch, let me know where you put it.. thanks.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #70
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post

I have more just out of time..

One last one, link placement.. look right? Cause the rear links hit.

Love the carbon fiber look. Might have to have you make me some of them sexy panels.

Try bending the links down a touch so the "flare" is facing more level to the ground then skywards like it is in the pic.
paystin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #71
I wanna be Dave

Thanks, lol.. I think another team driver was liking the carbon for the wheels an wanted rings.. I can do panels as well! I love working with it an the look of it!
I tried them rolled down, they guy the chassis plates more so that way then them being turned up in put the links just hitting the rear cross brace.. I will try it tho, maybe I didn't have them turned down enough... Cause I turned the front uppers out to get electronics clearance an it works great.. so I will try an see what happens.. or maybe a spacer at the rear vp link mount..
Most of all, I would like a rear set like the old ones that you, JD, an some others have.. they look slick all around!
Old 10-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #72
I wanna be Dave

Nah, It won't be ready. I will not get the axles until Thursday and I still have a good amount of parts to get. Now I will have 2 XR10's.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:27 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

That a boy John! Now all you have to Do is fall down twist a ankle an blow out a knee.. first place is right around the hobble.. lol..
I'm goin to try it before Crawltober fest myself! Tho I think goin from the creeper to the xr, should give me just as much of an advantge with capabilities..
Old 10-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #74
Rock Crawler

Quote:
...The dig just fits in the chassis but won't sit on the skid plate cause the upper link screws get in the way...
Can you trim the screws to the nut head? They are just a tad long on mine and I've been thinking about trimming them myself. Or is the punk just too big to have in there? I don't know as I don't have one myself. Just "thinking out loud" I guess...
Old 10-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #75
I wanna be Dave

I played with my rear uppers, I rolled them down an rolled them an rolled them.. guy them rolled so the links bend at the chassis was rolled towards the ground an it made them wide at the axle.. then there was binding on the links an the links would hit the back corners of the chassis.. Not good.. so I took them off an flopped them side for side..

Compressed.. the support hits, but how often does that happen..

After crawling for an hour, it happens in dig a good bit actually.. but if that's the trade off for the way this chassis works, ill take it! Ok the articulation is good now as the links don't hit the chassis..

SIde view, looks good, to me.. ?

Last edited by winnerone23; 10-20-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:57 PM   #76
I wanna be Dave

As for the hell-o, we call electronics... Hahaha, what fun! Ok, what I started with..

Haha, mess....
Fx-r tucked under the punk dig an it all sat with the rx tucked under it..an lots of wire!

After cutting an separating an eliminating.. I lost over an oz of wire.. well during all that, I placed an replaced an turned all the electronics an none of it wanted to Go anywhere! Right before I gave in for the night (2 a.m.) or so... I put the fx-r an rx on the RR electronics mount an it fit.. then I dropped the dig down in the chassis, an it fit! Then I went to bed.. so I had a good starting point this morning.. well if I took the rear upper link screws out of the chassis, The punk dig drops in place an sits right in between the two screw humps in the skid.. perfect!
So with the fx-r an rx in place an the dig in place, I had to figure out the bec.. well it laid in place an that's were it stayed! Up on the inside wall of the chassis,

So now its all good an clean looking, then I talked to another member an got some money around an he is shipping my new, to me, Airtronics mt-4! Also traded a mmp for a fx-r.. so now all this wonderful work I did, is getting changed come wed or Thurs.. tho with a comp Sat, I may just leave it be till after Sat... After getting it back together, I wanted to crawl, an crawl I did.. the Switch is the way to Go! This chassis works an works great! Even lines that the bj went over, this did it that much better, there wasn't a line we crawl, that this didn't demolish! I Would post pics but....... I was too busy trying to find a line that I couldn't crawl.. well, I ran out of time! lol..
If this is a chassis ur thinking bout getting, do not hesitate! I can see why it was sold out when I bought mine!
I have way diff rock then what JD has in his video but a chit you not, I watched mine crawl the same exact way! I'll be testing thicker shock oil an may be a slight shock limiting.. just a touch.. it articulates around 7" the way it sits.. tho it never uses it, it will still float a tire with no problem... I'm just goin to try an get it around 5.5-6" of flex..

Any setup any one see's that would help anything?
Old 10-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Here's full compression resting on my rear uppers:

Here's full front articulation:

And here's the rear shot of the uppers with that full front articulation (taken from underneath so you can see the clearance):

So there is a good bit of clearance left and I'd say no worries as far as bottoming out in a regular situation.

Last edited by Wicked Monkey; 10-20-2012 at 08:32 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:38 PM   #78
RCC Addict

Quote:
Even lines that the bj went over, this did it that much better, there wasn't a line we crawl, that this didn't demolish! I Would post pics but.......
No pictures......No proof!
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 09:34 PM   #79
I wanna be Dave

Cool Re: wanting a winner.. Xr-10 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedtoRC1 View Post
No pictures......No proof!
LOL!.. an here is the "we" in that statement!

I couldn't, only had an hour an off to a meeting. Let's go crawling tomm!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:42 PM   #80
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah1 View Post
Here's full compression resting on my rear uppers:

Here's full front articulation:

And here's the rear shot of the uppers with that full front articulation (taken from underneath so you can see the clearance):

So there is a good bit of clearance left and I'd say no worries as far as bottoming out in a regular situation.
It flattens out pretty good when using dig, it bellies down an works great! You could roll ur links inwards an get a little extra squat out of ur switch.. I liked it, when. Crawling down over a ledge or digging around off camber, it flattens out an stayed planted. Atleast in the hour I got to run mine.. lots more crawling tomm! I'll even get pics

Last edited by winnerone23; 10-20-2012 at 09:44 PM.

Tags
big bores, fail, poop, rovers, shaved, switch, wieners

wanting a winner.. Xr-10 build thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wanting a winner... build thread winnerone23 Venom Creeper 628 03-25-2014 07:40 PM
wanting a winner... mrc build thread winnerone23 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 268 02-26-2014 06:17 AM
Dual Dingo build thread-My first build thread juswin24 Axial SCX-10 205 09-19-2013 12:42 PM
T-shirt winner(s) thread Cloak General Crawlers 23 08-14-2009 08:56 PM
wanting to build a clod PONYBOY87LX Tamiya Clod Buster 5 01-25-2008 11:52 AM