Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: wanting a winner.. Xr-10 build thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 07:28 PM   #121
Rock Crawler

Default Re: wanting a winner.. Xr-10 build thread

awesome glad they worked. usually it is so dirty and dusty i wouldnt think they would work. great job!
marzzz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2012, 07:32 PM   #122
I wanna be Dave

The only real big downside is the rear lowers like we talked about, other than that you have stepped up your game. When you get the MT4 and the dual ESCs going, you will really learn what your rig can do. I have a lot of work to do for next season. Cant wait to get my new rig up and running in the next few months.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:34 PM   #123
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by marzzz23 View Post
awesome glad they worked. usually it is so dirty and dusty i wouldnt think they would work. great job!
It spritz on and off most of the day and kept the dust down.
Jslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:56 PM   #124
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, there was way too much moisture for dust an 3 of us spent some time raking the rocks off Fri night..

Yeah, I have.noticed the rear lowers before but not a huge issue most of the time. The bend down is too soon an kept the rig from getting to the back tires to get them up an over whatever they got hooked on.. I'm sure there was/is a reason they were bent were they are bent tho. I know with the rock I crawl most around the area, its a hang up point for sure.. I'm still learning the rig tho..

Yea John, It will be nice to see the new rig up an running an how it works for you. You will have plenty of work ahead of you before next season, learning a new rig an having new competition to deal with.. ;)
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #125
I wanna be Dave

Congrats bro. I am glad you decided to use the pins.. And glad they worked good for you. I think once you get this rig tuned in people better watch out!

And see, what would you do without me telling you how awsome the bc's are??
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:36 PM   #126
I wanna be Dave

so from what is here to read

were you getting hong up on the rear lowers
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #127
I wanna be Dave

Christian, you were some help, watching them work in JD's video and others, made the biggest diff.. then of course wheel time was a big on an getting use to them.. they crawl very smooth!

Yeah, I saw in a couple spots, that I was getting stuck in the downward bend of them an it would stop me from getting a rear tire to the rock, the front was buying an pulling, just couldn't get the rear wheels to catch tho. Didn't help I couldn't go side to side, had a rock wall on the left an a gate on the right.. 95% of situations, there is great clearance.. in that 5% is where they get ya bad... We don't have nice rolling round rock here, its all got a ledge! We have some round rock.. more with ledges..
Old 10-29-2012, 11:35 PM   #128
I wanna be Dave

If your hanging up on those rear lowers, you could put a small bend between the 2 existing bends to clearance it a little more.

I can't move the bends back due to motor/gear case clearance issues.

Most people I talk to have no issues with this though.
It definately is a terrain situation.

I could always do a custom set for you if it was something you felt was necessary.
I have talked with slowride about this before as well.
He has run into this too.

Lmk
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #129
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
...... Newly built switch xr without final tuning done yet... 1ST PLACE! with the pins... Very predictable and great running rig!
Great job, sorry we couldn't get out there to run with everyone.

Sounds like the rig is working well. You planning on Green Lane next weekend? Calvin has to work, I may still go though.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #130
I wanna be Dave

i have had the same thing happen to me time an time again with the rock i crawl on here .

i really like the ones thats on marcs truck better than i like my own . his seem to have a roll in them kinda like the t1e links an mine have a big wall there that say hang me up . i have lurned to drive with it but there always seems to be that time where it bites me but im like you its not very often
Old 10-30-2012, 05:14 PM   #131
I wanna be Dave

Thanks Charlie, ya the rig is working great! I plan on it, as long as some one else from town is.. its a 3 hr drive..

Yeah the links work great in most areas, but like you said, they create a wall when they catch on something..

Big update coming, its all this guys fault.. lol

Thanks a lot Jslick... LOL.. its all hooked up.. now just to read the catalog, I mean manual, to figure out the hundreds of things that can be done with it.. hint of things to Come.. the only thing in my chassis, are the wires running thru to my rear motor..
Old 10-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #132
E.Y. Designs

Very nice... I still like my 4PL better Now you are going to blab about it?
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 03:38 PM   #133
I wanna be Dave

You only like ur 4pl better cause its all you use.. I won't say I like this better, I never used a 4pl.
I really do like this tx tho! Well with the new tx came dual fx-r's.. with dual fx-r's came prep work an smash!

An before I knew it, I was bout done..

Then chaotic upper links for the vp link mount, Mmm. I stayed with the original chaotic uppers in the front an the vp link mount links in the rear.

I also took the corners off the chassis to get nice smooth clearance.
So its not that great of a pic for now, dual fx-r with a single 25v 1000uf 105* cap, bullet connectors for front an rear motors, bec under the servo. The dual esc's seemed to have really given the motors some pep!

Don't.mind the rx wires, there not done.. lol..

And just a single shot of the wires. I just twisted the rx wires up an stuck it in place
Old 10-31-2012, 03:42 PM   #134
I wanna be Dave

that truck cant work cause the cab is on backwards
Old 10-31-2012, 08:38 PM   #135
I wanna be Dave

Lmao! Hahahahahaha... Luckily the cab doesn't effect the driver any.. not to mention, you should Switch urs around an try it out, works much better this way!
Old 10-31-2012, 08:46 PM   #136
Rock Crawler

Fxr's look good. You just remove the set and mode buttons? I think i may go back to my Fxr's kinda havin some little gremlins with MMicro Pro's. I do like the brakes on the MMP's though
losiking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:51 PM   #137
I wanna be Dave

if i8 had to run my cab like that id go back to a body lol . im glade it all works for you guys who do like it but not for me at all . lol
you guys are all turned around
Old 10-31-2012, 08:56 PM   #138
I wanna be Dave

truck looks good tho man .
for shits an grins try moven the rear shocks up one hole it the rear an put alil more sag in the truck an see what you think of it .

i run my links were you are on the chasis but i run my links level or going just down hill to the chasis . you would think it would get hung on everything but it just pull threw it an it works better on the side hill an the verts
Old 10-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #139
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowride1 View Post
if i8 had to run my cab like that id go back to a body lol . im glade it all works for you guys who do like it but not for me at all . lol
you guys are all turned around
Hahaha.. no one ever told me I had my head on right!

It was one of the biggest things that got me started looking at the Switch.. I like it on both ways, however, with the light rear end it helps with roll overs if/when I get rolled over. It happens ya know..

I moved my front shock forward one hole already, an was up for testing before I moved the rears. I was goin to jump to the top whole which I forward some. I did notice a couple of the rigs in the lower hole, moved forward one tho.. I shall test both an check them out. I have noticed this rig likes it low an pulls thru just bout whatever its pointed at!
Now for the rear uppers, if I move the rear shock forward an move the rear links up to the top whole of the vp link, ill loose all kinds of squat an be smashing of my chassis an rear chassis support.. what's ur call on that? Cause I would like my rear uppers higher at the axle then at the chassis an already noticed a better climb getting to move my rears up a hole at the chassis.
As it sits, it runs vertical climbs great! An side hills crazy inclines.. I have noticed without getting push back from the shocks, I can get the front to work its self out even when its worked up on the side walls of the rear wheels. It's very predictable. So if little things an tweaks keeps making it better, I'm down for it! I haven got to crawl much the last few days as for the rain, nonstop... But did get the fx-r smash done an once I can get off the Nah of p's from surgery today, ill be mounting my rx an shortening the rest of the wires... Then ill get a final rtr weight. I'm looking at around 4.5lbs, I think..

Last edited by winnerone23; 10-31-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:09 PM   #140
I wanna be Dave

oooooooooo ok i try reallr hard to to show my belly to much i dont have a 6 pack any more

Tags
big bores, fail, poop, rovers, shaved, switch, wieners

wanting a winner.. Xr-10 build thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wanting a winner... build thread winnerone23 Venom Creeper 628 03-25-2014 07:40 PM
wanting a winner... mrc build thread winnerone23 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 268 02-26-2014 06:17 AM
Dual Dingo build thread-My first build thread juswin24 Axial SCX-10 205 09-19-2013 12:42 PM
T-shirt winner(s) thread Cloak General Crawlers 23 08-14-2009 08:56 PM
wanting to build a clod PONYBOY87LX Tamiya Clod Buster 5 01-25-2008 11:52 AM