Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Axial XR10

Notices

Thread: wanting a winner.. Xr-10 build thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2012, 09:12 PM   #141
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: wanting a winner.. Xr-10 build thread

are you running yours softer in the front or in the rear
slowride1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2012, 09:38 PM   #142
I wanna be Dave

Mmmmm, springs are set softer in the front, But with them more vertical it probably takes away from that? The rears are the same mrc silvers an threaded to the end of the threads towards the shafts.. tho the front an rear cycles thru articulation at the same rate.. which I like.
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:46 PM   #143
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by losiking1 View Post
Fxr's look good. You just remove the set and mode buttons? I think i may go back to my Fxr's kinda havin some little gremlins with MMicro Pro's. I do like the brakes on the MMP's though
Thanks... Nope didn't remove the buttons. When the case comes off, the black buttons go with it. There is just blue rubber buttons still parts of the unit.

I left a little post bout castle on spills xr thread ... There not for me in anyway.. haven ever had one that made it for any length of time.. there are lots of ppl that love them.. I'm a fx-r guy tho an won't ever go back to castle for anything other then a bec.. yes the drag brake on a castle is nasty, its not worth it to be the only reason to stay with them, not to me.. the good thing I can say for castle,,there customer service an replacements.. I taveb had so many sent back that they are throwing new ones at me to shut me up... lol... Not really but thru warranty..
Old 10-31-2012, 11:08 PM   #144
Rock Crawler

I saw your post on spill's. He lives not too far away from me here. I already had a MMP toast out on me and it actually took out my Futaba receiver too. Pretty sure.. no i know i'm gonna go back to my FXR's. They are super smooth and i started racing over 20 years ago with Tekins.
losiking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:07 AM   #145
I wanna be Dave

Nice! I started into crawling back before Jan of this year.. it didn't take me long to figure out ill stick with tekin! I Got one used that gave out on me, one in 7 isn't bad, as for 10 out of 8 is horrible! I'm sending that one back so I can run it in my next mini build. Fx-r an HH motors love each other!
Old 11-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #146
I wanna be Dave

A little love from the mail lady today.. gotta love the mail lady!

1.4oz with hardware from the slw's 2.1oz.... Not sure which tires are goin on them yet, as they are wider then the slw's.. so I may cut the posts down or buy skinnier ones, just so there all straight..
Old 11-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #147
I wanna be Dave

What's up guys, u have been down for a couple days after I got the snip snip done, so I can't be at my work bench very comfortably.. but I got stuff mounted an thought I would post some pics.. don't mind the ball of wire in front of my esc's an rx. They will be shortened an gone, soon enough..

And in side my chassis...

Then this little gem showed up today, 7980.. so ill be mounting it, shortening the wires an making a CF servo guard for it as well..

Ok, that's all I got, talking bout doin some crawling tomm, so I'll try an Get some updates then..

The Switch has been wicked, an with dual esc's an trying diff power an throttle settings, the Switch has come alive! It's so diff then the punk dig an has already been an big diff an I still have to get out on the normal crawl spot for testing. It's made more on my home course then it would before as well! Maybe time to take half a knuckle weight of The front for further testing.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #148
I wanna be Dave

Got out crawling for a little today, but ended up not crawling much.. fx-r to the front motor gave out.. got lights, that make it look like It's working, but no juice.
One of The little metal squares around The positive battery terminal came out during the smash. Gave out little puffs of smoke on hard torque. Now nothing to the motor..

On a good note, the wife is in! She saw the chaotic crawler sticker I got with my chassis an wanted it on her jeep..

So all in all, a pretty good day.. lol..

Now to replace the fx-r an the servo an shorten wires to The esc's an servo an get it all buttoned up.. again.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:42 AM   #149
Rock Crawler

Man! I didn't get a large sticker like that with my chassis/links combo. Smash job's looking pretty good.
Wicked Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #150
I wanna be Dave

Not that you mention it, I didn't either! I got it with my second set of upper links to go with my vp link mounts. Which I only used the rear ones, but have been working flawlessly!

Thanks, I just did another one tonight.. hope it lasts longer then the last one! LOL..
Without the inserts in the fx-r post holes, the voltage burnt the chip board. Back to tekin it goes..
Old 11-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #151
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by messiah1 View Post
Man! I didn't get a large sticker like that with my chassis/links combo. Smash job's looking pretty good.

Click Here for Vinyl Stickers
Chaotic Crawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #152
I wanna be Dave

ya he is lucky cause us team guys dont evan have them
Old 11-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #153
I wanna be Dave

Boo who who who....... I don't have a switch zero chassis, I'm not crying.. out loud.. Lmao..
If the sticker makes you jealous, wait a few days till I post my new ti links....

Last edited by winnerone23; 11-07-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #154
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
Boo who who who....... I don't have a switch zero chassis, I'm not crying.. out loud.. Lmao..
I am

Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #155
I wanna be Dave

well here
i helped come up with that chasis an i dont have it neather

you nno i thought i had my switch sold an then a guy backed out on me

so all my teamates are haven all the fun not me i still have the cf switch just like you can buy
Old 11-07-2012, 09:21 PM   #156
I wanna be Dave

I'll get back with that guy an see what the Heck is up with that! I thought 3 of us were in for upgrades on that one!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #157
I wanna be Dave

Ok, so recently I tore the axles down for cleaning an fresh grease. Motors for cleaning an lube. Tightened everything or checked it for tightness. Fresh 35wt oil in the scx-10 shocks. Hitec 7980 on. New fx-r in my smash job. Moved my front shock back to the 3rd hole were it started out at. It felt a little light in the rear, so I dropped half a .300 ring off each of my dlux knuckle weights. Went crawling! Oh man, does she crawl! Got pics too.. yes video would have been nicer an easier. One can only do so much with two hands.. drive an throttle!

So I never did this crawl before.. started off with a jump in throttle to get my front tires hooked, then let the tires take over from there..

Then I turned my wheels an the a$$ end ended up over here.. haha

Dig an a little throttle got me over here..

Back to all 4 an blipped the throttle an she landed like this..

Then headed to the next crawl..

Then on to the next.. I do so enjoy the break over abilities of the Switch!

I actually got the left tire hooked first, then turned the power of the 7980 into the rock an it lifts the whole rig up, with no problems!

Then a jump of the throttle an its up an over!

That's it for this post, I have pics of another climb or two, ill get them up tomm..

Last edited by winnerone23; 11-12-2012 at 11:04 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:13 AM   #158
Rock Crawler

Another sweet crawling spot. You bastard. Nice pictures, gotta get some vid of that beast in action though...
Wicked Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #159
E.Y. Designs

Looks great! So when are you going to put the Al bodies on the shocks? And also when are you going to use those DLux wheels?
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:11 PM   #160
I wanna be Dave

Messiah.. thanks! Yeah its the other side of the creek at the bridge we crawl at/under.. I want to Get video, I'm goin to start checking into cameras..

Ev, when I find them or feel they are needed.. the plastic bodies work! I remembered a friend had some spares of mine an got them back.. now I have 3 more fresh scx-10 shocks an he thinks he knows were the 4th is or atleast the parts for it.. had some work to do to the dlux wheels, now waiting on hub screws for them.

Anyone know where to get button head hub screws for a vp hub? prefer black... Next post will have pics..

Tags
big bores, fail, poop, rovers, shaved, switch, wieners

wanting a winner.. Xr-10 build thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
wanting a winner... build thread winnerone23 Venom Creeper 628 03-25-2014 07:40 PM
wanting a winner... mrc build thread winnerone23 Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 268 02-26-2014 06:17 AM
Dual Dingo build thread-My first build thread juswin24 Axial SCX-10 205 09-19-2013 12:42 PM
T-shirt winner(s) thread Cloak General Crawlers 23 08-14-2009 08:56 PM
wanting to build a clod PONYBOY87LX Tamiya Clod Buster 5 01-25-2008 11:52 AM