Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2015, 09:21 AM   #3901

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Ok I may just be blind or dumb but I set my remote to use 6 channels. But I cant get it to operate said channels.. Am I missing something?
rhino3nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2015, 08:17 PM   #3902
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino3nm View Post
Ok I may just be blind or dumb but I set my remote to use 6 channels. But I cant get it to operate said channels.. Am I missing something?
You have to map a key/function to the channel via the key mapping menu
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:23 AM   #3903
Got Worms?

Long story short...my ssd crashed a couple days ago and I lost about 100 hours worth of work I had into a very nice fly sky user guide I've been working on the past 3-4 months.

Before I start all over again...how do ya'll feel about a "paid" user guide? And to further the question. How much would a "interactive" pdf with a very slick navigation system be worth to you? What about a printed book version? We're talking like 100 pages worth of awesomeness.

What I had setup before is easy access to book and section table of contents where you just click on the subject you want to go to. Also within the text of the guide there was links/buttons that brought you to programming templates, related settings, and other help (ie you could click on a symbol and it would take you to the page that tells you what the symbol means).

And even better yet, I had it designed so I could save it in "print" format and it would hide the navigation system I had designed but alot of the in text stuff still told you the page number to go to. (i.e "Template for this parameter on page 32")....So it would have made a very well polished and well done booklet as well. You wouldn't need all the buttons/links to navigate like a pro...sure there would of been some nice features that would of been lost (Like clicking on symbols), but that's impossible to implement in a paper copy.

The reason I ask is because when I originally set my mind to making this guide. I planned on 80-100 hours total. When my hard drive crashed I was around 100 hours in but only about 35% done with it....polishing it up is very time consuming and tedious. I don't want to start all over if it's not worth my time. In parallel I was working with some knowledge base software that provided basic templates, menu structuring, and answers to alot of common questions. This knowledge base is going to be free and forced upon you before emailing me ...Do you know those top tier websites where their support page makes you search for your answer before you can send a message, I'm getting one of those
Old 03-12-2015, 08:49 AM   #3904
RCC Addict

I would be totally down with that Austin. What were you thinking price wise? Totally sucks about the crash..... A very large template overview would be great for all these same and simple questions that get asked weekly and such
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:12 AM   #3905

thank you Losikid and yes I'd pay for an interative type guide.
rhino3nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 04:56 PM   #3906

i would be fine to pay for a manual as well. after all it is your time.

i still need a little more guidance as well, even though i have your 6.1 manual, "index cards, and the PSX manual, as well.
twb4525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:15 AM   #3907
Quarry Creeper

Can the third channel be moved to a different switch that is a three position momentary switch? i want to run a winch and if i can program another switch to control the winch so i have both directions on one switch that would be ideal.
Cmarcan167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:20 AM   #3908
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarcan167 View Post
Can the third channel be moved to a different switch that is a three position momentary switch? i want to run a winch and if i can program another switch to control the winch so i have both directions on one switch that would be ideal.
No idea which radio you have, but if it's the GT3C/B then you still need a MO switch, not including the steering and throttle. I bought the Heyok 3-pos winch controller switch (search on this site, good service as well by the way ) and then I just used the 3CH trim to use the winch. So -100,0,100 (reverse/stop/forward) settings....and away it goes If you don't have a controller, the winch will continuously get power from the Rx as there is nothing to switch it off with.
savagedustbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:45 AM   #3909
Rock Stacker

Interactive manual sounds quite good, perhaps sell one login with your hackboard? I'd be interested, specially with the added programming help features.

For now I have a question myself. It seems my Tx keeps needing to be calibrated every time I power it up, it beeps 3 times. The steering also seems to drift to the left after driving for say ½ an hour...

Is this a known issue and if so, any quick fixes or something...?

Ps. it's a hacked Turnigy GT3X I'm using, currently with the std 3ch Rx but will soon be using the HK 6ch Rx.
Old 03-13-2015, 04:28 PM   #3910
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by savagedustbunny View Post
Interactive manual sounds quite good, perhaps sell one login with your hackboard? I'd be interested, specially with the added programming help features.

For now I have a question myself. It seems my Tx keeps needing to be calibrated every time I power it up, it beeps 3 times. The steering also seems to drift to the left after driving for say ½ an hour...

Is this a known issue and if so, any quick fixes or something...?

Ps. it's a hacked Turnigy GT3X I'm using, currently with the std 3ch Rx but will soon be using the HK 6ch Rx.
The new firmware does a calibration check upon boot up. If it's out of cal it asks you todo the calibration procedure again. If your steering is drifting then there is something wrong with the steering mechanism or the steering potentiometer. The drift is causing your radio to go out of cal which is why it keeps bringing you to that menu

And what do you mean by "login" ?
Old 03-13-2015, 04:29 PM   #3911
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmarcan167 View Post
Yes, with the new firmware you can move channel 3 to any switch/button on the radio (except the bind button and scroll wheel)
Old 03-13-2015, 05:48 PM   #3912
Rock Crawler

Losikid I read in another thread here you are working on a new version, most of the regulars here can explain everything pretty well with the current firmware so what about just building the guide for the new firmware you are working on and release it as a package deal? For those of us who are already set up, charge us for the new firmware and the guide.
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:17 PM   #3913
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocaged View Post
Losikid I read in another thread here you are working on a new version, most of the regulars here can explain everything pretty well with the current firmware so what about just building the guide for the new firmware you are working on and release it as a package deal? For those of us who are already set up, charge us for the new firmware and the guide.
The new firmware is based off of psx's firmware. I'm just adding in all the extra features I want added in....what I had going on with the fw was also lost in the ssd crash.

The whole point of the new guide was for my firmware revision. BUT it would of worked for 0.6.1 also because I would just need to omit info....
Old 03-13-2015, 07:00 PM   #3914
Rock Crawler

Damn. That was a big loss.
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 07:21 PM   #3915
I wanna be Dave

I would love to have a book to walk me through the programing. For me the the current format we have is intimidating to use. I know, it is easy for some of you, but not for me! Do you have a ball park for the $$$$.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:04 PM   #3916
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocaged View Post
Damn. That was a big loss.
It could of been worse....it should of never been a loss at all.

I have all my other folders ( My Documents, Downloads, My Pictures, etc) Redirected to save on a 1TB Western Digital Hard Drive...I have the hard drive setup with some backup software so it backs everything up to whole a separate hard drive I also have installed in my computer

But I have separate folders from those for other stuff (OverkillRC, School of Mines, Finances, Jeep), but still in the user folder. For some reason, I never created the redirect for the OverkillRC folder. All my other folders were pointed to my HDD's and are fine.

I do have an OKRC backup from 6 months or so ago...so all my old files are safe. Just not the stuff from the last 6 months. (All order data is safe to, that's all stored in secure servers)
Old 03-13-2015, 08:06 PM   #3917
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
I would love to have a book to walk me through the programing. For me the the current format we have is intimidating to use. I know, it is easy for some of you, but not for me! Do you have a ball park for the $$$$.
The current manual gets straight to the point with no fluff or pretty pictures.

I'm not allowed to talk about prices outside of the vendor section...thats why I'm asking what ya'lls price point would be.
Old 03-14-2015, 01:48 PM   #3918
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
The new firmware does a calibration check upon boot up. If it's out of cal it asks you todo the calibration procedure again. If your steering is drifting then there is something wrong with the steering mechanism or the steering potentiometer. The drift is causing your radio to go out of cal which is why it keeps bringing you to that menu

And what do you mean by "login" ?
Honestly, the steering had no drift before I flashed the tx, hence the question.

About the login, I'm thinking that when people buy the hackboard, they gain access to the manual through your site and a login/signin. May limit the number of free copies being distributed?
Old 03-14-2015, 03:16 PM   #3919
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
The current manual gets straight to the point with no fluff or pretty pictures.

I'm not allowed to talk about prices outside of the vendor section...thats why I'm asking what ya'lls price point would be.

Well pm me what you are thinking your price point is.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 09:24 AM   #3920

Default Channel Mixing

I saw a section in the FS-GT3BC PSX Manual, 4.13 Channel Mixes - "This section needs to be completed". Has this section been completed? Do I need a newer manual?

I would like to play around with the idea of mixing throttle input and steering input to the steering output to vary the steering servo output based on the amount of throttle input. More throttle less steering output but still the full range of steering input. I have ch1 at 100% with lots of expo to help have finer control but I wanted to see if mixing would be worth while. I think this will work on my Jet Boat as well.

Any ideas would be appreciated. I'm not sure if the firmware has this capability yet or not. I understand it is capable of mixing 2 channels output from 1 input like DIG or 4WS. I want the other way. It may turn out that its not practical for most applications but I'm hoping high speed applications can benefit.
Jasenk is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM