Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2019, 11:31 AM   #4861
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by subspd View Post
Guys looking to get a gt3c to get the full channel operation (8channels?) which one should I buy?
You will have to buy one and hack it yourself, or do this.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flysky-FS-G...4AAOSwG4pcpo5e

Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2019, 03:23 PM   #4862
I wanna be Dave

Default GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by subspd View Post
Guys looking to get a gt3c to get the full channel operation (8channels?) which one should I buy?
As Ernie said, buy or do it yourself.

That said I just did.

Ebay.......GT3b for $31.00 shipped

Ebay.......ST-Link V2 Programming Unit 4.95 shipped

Ebay ......DC DC CONVERTER 5V 5W 7.49 shipped

2s 2200mah lipo (had)...($10.00Ebay)

I chose the b vs the c as I was going to add a bigger LiPo.
There are many easy videos to follow, the programmer comes with lead wires. You do need a good micro tip soldering iron and know how to solder. Realistically I did all the mods , bound it, and set it up for winching and a lipo battery, and soldered new battery connector in. Time was about 1/2 hour to mod, 1 hour to learn and setup new menu.
I had a 2s 2200 that fit, any thin 2s or 3s will work as you can now set battery voltage and low voltage alarm.

Last edited by mikemcE; 09-03-2019 at 03:29 PM.
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:35 PM   #4863
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
As Ernie said, buy or do it yourself.

That said I just did.

Ebay.......GT3b for $31.00 shipped

Ebay.......ST-Link V2 Programming Unit 4.95 shipped

Ebay ......DC DC CONVERTER 5V 5W 7.49 shipped

2s 2200mah lipo (had)...($10.00Ebay)

I chose the b vs the c as I was going to add a bigger LiPo.
There are many easy videos to follow, the programmer comes with lead wires. You do need a good micro tip soldering iron and know how to solder. Realistically I did all the mods , bound it, and set it up for winching and a lipo battery, and soldered new battery connector in. Time was about 1/2 hour to mod, 1 hour to learn and setup new menu.
I had a 2s 2200 that fit, any thin 2s or 3s will work as you can now set battery voltage and low voltage alarm.
I've hacked 4 of them.
Ernie
Old 09-09-2019, 05:02 PM   #4864
I wanna be Dave

Ernie, I hacked it, but when set to 8 channels, none show up on the “rev enter L “ so I can’t set my lights on ch 4.
Firmware shows 6, I can set for 8 channels, cal and all other work fine. I just want to assign a button for ch4

Hang up and Drive
Old 09-09-2019, 07:59 PM   #4865
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Ernie, I hacked it, but when set to 8 channels, none show up on the “rev enter L “ so I can’t set my lights on ch 4.
Firmware shows 6, I can set for 8 channels, cal and all other work fine. I just want to assign a button for ch4

Hang up and Drive
Have you seen this youtube, it may help you out. I know it is geared toward setting up for a TRX4, but he does A good job explaining channel set up. I refer to it all the time. Hope that helps.
Ernie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpIoLgmI1xw&t=44s
Old 09-09-2019, 08:09 PM   #4866
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Have you seen this youtube, it may help you out. I know it is geared toward setting up for a TRX4, but he does A good job explaining channel set up. I refer to it all the time. Hope that helps.
Ernie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpIoLgmI1xw&t=44s

Watched it , I can’t get to channels 45678 , when scrolling, goes to ch3 no other channels

Hang up and Drive
Old 09-09-2019, 09:31 PM   #4867
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Watched it , I can’t get to channels 45678 , when scrolling, goes to ch3 no other channels

Hang up and Drive
Did you try setting it up to 8 channels again, sounds like maybe your radio is only set to 3 channels.
Another good vid. FlySky GT3B GT3C Turnigy GTX3 Hack Firmware Setup Configuration Guide

Last edited by CODYBOY; 09-09-2019 at 09:55 PM.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:45 PM   #4868

Hi everyone.. I bought my GT3B over a year ago from overkillrc with the older type SMT8 thing... Anyway, I did the mod last night. Everything went perfect. Afterwards, I calibrated and tested my NIMH batteries which read 10v.. My charger charges them to AA's 1.5v... After that I programmed a model and went through the menus and set the low voltage to 8.8v.
I messed with the LOCK feature (very last option in firmware menu, or first one to the left) which locks the buttons until you hold down enter for a second or two. I figured this would be useful until I got used to NOT hitting the ch3 button and trims with my thumb. After holding enter down and unlocking, I figured I had to go back into the menu to lock it again because it stayed unlocked.
Well. Today, I try to drive my truck and the radio turns on, then after about 10 seconds, dies, kinda.. The backlight goes dim but when I press buttons I cant get the light to brighten up or anything to change on the screen. After powering off, I cant power on again until after about 10+ minutes.
So, I took it apart and was looking for things and the antenna fell off.. Could the antenna being loose burned my TX and this is why its behaving like this?
I soldered it back on WAY BETTER than it was but it still does this.. I am going out to try it now, its been about 20 mins so it should turn on again.
I will get video in case someone wants to see whats going on.
I hope someone can help me with this.

Last edited by BlindDude; 09-09-2019 at 10:47 PM.
BlindDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:11 AM   #4869
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Hang up and Drive
Between 8 and 35 seconds Joe from Exocaged RC explaines how to set up for 8 channels. I had trouble with this also at first, but this explained a lot for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpIoLgmI1xw&t=8s

You have to do this for every other car you add to your radio. So let's say you are gonna use your Flysky GT3B or GT3C with the hacked firmware for 5 of your RC cars. Than you have to do this for every car you connect / bind.

Depending on the receiver being a 3, 6 or 8 channel receiver you set it up for 3, 6 or 8 channels on your radio. So if car A has a 8 channel receiver, you bind it to your radio and you set your radio up for that car on 8 channels. Car B has a 3 channel receiver, set it up for 3 channels, etcetera.

Now, if for some reason after watching the video you are unable to set up the Flysky radio for 6 or 8 channels, than you need to redo the firmware hack procedure. It happened to me to, for some reason, after going back to the original firmware and than redo the hacked firmware it worked for me.

I have 5 hacked Flysky GT3C for around 5 years now, it was a learning proces but I love these radios. Cheap, light, good range and with the hacked firmware very complete.

Some other helpfull videos out there:

kenVersus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oxODTOkecE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5mZ3898ZNQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrUYTxYjflM (at 1:20 he also shows how to check if you are indeed updated to the 8ch hack firmware! An he show how to select the 8 channels)

Team Ingel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG-5BPqqltg
Cesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 04:52 AM   #4870
I wanna be Dave

I’m gonna reflash it tonight. Everything but switch sets for. Channels 4-8.
I come to ch3, just no 4567or 8

Hang up and Drive
Old 09-10-2019, 09:59 PM   #4871

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesco View Post

I have 5 hacked Flysky GT3C for around 5 years now, it was a learning proces but I love these radios. Cheap, light, good range and with the hacked firmware very complete.
Have you ever had what I described above your post?
Old 09-11-2019, 08:52 AM   #4872
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I’m gonna reflash it tonight. Everything but switch sets for. Channels 4-8.
I come to ch3, just no 4567or 8

Hang up and Drive
How did it work Mike? Hopefully you're up and running now.
Ernie
Old 09-11-2019, 03:56 PM   #4873
I wanna be Dave

Default GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
How did it work Mike? Hopefully you're up and running now.

Ernie
Reflash and Verify twice, All functions seem perfect.

started setting up and throttle was wonky....Then I remembered I have to calibrate, then all was well.

winch on trim lights on dr.

Last edited by mikemcE; 09-11-2019 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:25 PM   #4874
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Reflash and Verify twice, All functions sem perfect.

started setting up and throttle was wonky....Then I remembered I have to calibrate, then all was well.

Glad to hear!
Ernie
Old 09-12-2019, 05:45 AM   #4875
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindDude View Post
Have you ever had what I described above your post?
No, I never run into that problem.
Old 09-12-2019, 05:47 AM   #4876
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Reflash and Verify twice, All functions seem perfect.

Great that the reflash worked out ok for you!
Old 09-17-2019, 12:02 PM   #4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindDude View Post
Hi everyone.. I bought my GT3B over a year ago from overkillrc with the older type SMT8 thing... Anyway, I did the mod last night. Everything went perfect. Afterwards, I calibrated and tested my NIMH batteries which read 10v.. My charger charges them to AA's 1.5v... After that I programmed a model and went through the menus and set the low voltage to 8.8v.
I messed with the LOCK feature (very last option in firmware menu, or first one to the left) which locks the buttons until you hold down enter for a second or two. I figured this would be useful until I got used to NOT hitting the ch3 button and trims with my thumb. After holding enter down and unlocking, I figured I had to go back into the menu to lock it again because it stayed unlocked.
Well. Today, I try to drive my truck and the radio turns on, then after about 10 seconds, dies, kinda.. The backlight goes dim but when I press buttons I cant get the light to brighten up or anything to change on the screen. After powering off, I cant power on again until after about 10+ minutes.
So, I took it apart and was looking for things and the antenna fell off.. Could the antenna being loose burned my TX and this is why its behaving like this?
I soldered it back on WAY BETTER than it was but it still does this.. I am going out to try it now, its been about 20 mins so it should turn on again.
I will get video in case someone wants to see whats going on.
I hope someone can help me with this.
Update to this if anyone cares...
Ordered a new GT3B and was going to pull the ole "swap boards" and return..
So I swapped boards, soldering the TINY antenna's better than they came, put everything back together, threw batteries in the messed up one just to see what would happen, and now it WORKS... They both work...
Ummm.. So I guess it was the antenna...
Only difference in the two gt3b's i found was the battery bay is a bit different between the two...
Old 12-31-2019, 09:05 PM   #4878

Having a few issues adjusting 4ws trims.

In front wheel steering I can adjust my trims to get the front and rear steering centered. Then when I switch to rear wheel steering the rear stays centered and the front kicks out a few degrees. If I go in an adjust my steering in in rear wheel, then when I switch back to front or 4ws the front is kicked to the opposite side about the same amount I readjusted for in rear wheel steering.

What am I over looking? Is this a dead band issue?
Poconoscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 05:15 PM   #4879

Hi all, newbie here and had a question for you all. About a year ago i flashed my GT3-B radio so I can use more channels on my TRX-4 Bronco. To do things like a servo winch and the shifting/locker servos. I'd like to trailer around a small 1/24th scale truck or boat on a trailer and be able to switch between the two vehicles on the fly.

But whenever I change the model on the controller. It just changes the settings and stays bound to both receivers running them in unison.

Is there a way I can switch from driving my truck to my boat by simply changing model channels on the controller without winding up driving them both at the same time?

Or am I stuck with having to turn one off to drive the other or carry two controllers with me?
JoJo513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 05:36 PM   #4880
RCC Addict

Pretty sure these normal or hacked will only run one rig at a time. I have two hacked Flyskys and have half of my rigs on one and half on the other.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM