Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 01:00 PM   #1241
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

first press long-enter on REV. for channel 4-scroll to d, enter, scroll to CH4, enter, scroll to the way you want the switch to act lets say momentary (hold in position and let go for center), enter, NOR (may need REV if it goes wrong way once set-up), enter, NPV, enter
For Channel 5- scroll to 2, enter, scroll to CH5, enter, again scroll to way you want switch, enter, NOR, enter, NPV, enter
For Channel 6- scroll to C, enter, scroll to CH6, enter, SWI, enter, NOR, enter, NPV, enter, OFF, enter
Done
benoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2012, 01:57 PM   #1242
Pebble Pounder

I've been running my GT3b on a XR10 for about 9 months now and love it. There are a few things I need help with.
I have it setup like this; D/R = esc bias Ch3 Trim = dig/burn Ch3 button = jump to +20 bias.
My problem is if I push down while holding Ch3 Trim forward, when I let off, I go from dig to locked into burn. I'm kind of use to it now. I just hit Ch3 button and jump to +20 bias. If there's a fix i'd like to know. Second thing is I found is if I use the D/R switch, E. POINT flashes on the screen for 6 seconds. During is 6 seconds I can use the scroll wheel to change the esc bias. A quick turn of about 1/8 turn of the wheel will move your bias about 30%. A slow turn will net 1% each click. I find this very helpful climbing ledges, I can add in or take out the rear while not upsetting the front. It's like having a twin stick without the negatives. This only works while the screen is flashing E.Point from using th D/R switch. The 6 second window starts after your last movement. So use D/R, 6 seconds starts. In that window you have to use the scroll wheel and the 6 seconds restarts when you stop moving the wheel. My question is, is there any way to increase that 6 second window? 15 or 20 seconds would be nice.
erikblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:39 PM   #1243
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikblank View Post
I've been running my GT3b on a XR10 for about 9 months now and love it. There are a few things I need help with.
I have it setup like this; D/R = esc bias Ch3 Trim = dig/burn Ch3 button = jump to +20 bias.
My problem is if I push down while holding Ch3 Trim forward, when I let off, I go from dig to locked into burn. I'm kind of use to it now. I just hit Ch3 button and jump to +20 bias. If there's a fix i'd like to know. Second thing is I found is if I use the D/R switch, E. POINT flashes on the screen for 6 seconds. During is 6 seconds I can use the scroll wheel to change the esc bias. A quick turn of about 1/8 turn of the wheel will move your bias about 30%. A slow turn will net 1% each click. I find this very helpful climbing ledges, I can add in or take out the rear while not upsetting the front. It's like having a twin stick without the negatives. This only works while the screen is flashing E.Point from using th D/R switch. The 6 second window starts after your last movement. So use D/R, 6 seconds starts. In that window you have to use the scroll wheel and the 6 seconds restarts when you stop moving the wheel. My question is, is there any way to increase that 6 second window? 15 or 20 seconds would be nice.
the window can't easily be increased, but i'll add it to the list of future upgrades
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #1244
Pebble Pounder

Thanks. Any idea on when you'll have the GT3C?
erikblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:43 PM   #1245
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikblank View Post
Thanks. Any idea on when you'll have the GT3C?
They were supposed to be shipping by the end of febuaray, but they haven't even started production yet...from what i've been told

So it'll be another month or two
Old 02-23-2012, 05:19 PM   #1246
Quarry Creeper

What does MOM, RES, END, NOL, RPT stand for?
Mutant_Xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:28 PM   #1247
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant_Xj View Post
What does MOM, RES, END, NOL, RPT stand for?
http://www.overkillrc.webs.com/GT3B-...NUAL-0.4.1.txt
Old 02-26-2012, 05:38 PM   #1248
Pebble Pounder

Help! lol. I have no idea what I am doing. I bought this thing prehacked but ordered everything else just incase. my 4 wheel steer is not working on my redcat. What do I need to do in order to make this work. Please reply in English and not chinese like the rest of this post lol. I have the STVP and everything installed if need be. I looked at it and as far as that goes I am lost. I dont see any of the programing or ways to modify the parameters like the 4ws post suggest. Help a newbie out lol.
king1282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #1249
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by king1282 View Post
Help! lol. I have no idea what I am doing. I bought this thing prehacked but ordered everything else just incase. my 4 wheel steer is not working on my redcat. What do I need to do in order to make this work. Please reply in English and not chinese like the rest of this post lol. I have the STVP and everything installed if need be. I looked at it and as far as that goes I am lost. I dont see any of the programing or ways to modify the parameters like the 4ws post suggest. Help a newbie out lol.
chinese?

Go to post number two, read it
Old 02-26-2012, 06:00 PM   #1250
Pebble Pounder

What i am trying to say is I dont understand how all this works. I installed all the software. updated the software for w7. Plugged the tx into the stm. plugged that into the PC. I then booted STVP and I am now lost lol. I dont have any firmware downloaded and figured there would be the firmware that you prehacked on the unit. If there is what am I missing to get that firmware to pop up on the STVP so that I can modify it for the 4WS? Your instructions say to open the firmware I want to use. I have no clue where that is or what it is titled
Old 02-26-2012, 06:16 PM   #1251
Pebble Pounder

Well I guess it doesnt matter anymore lol. the controller just powered off and will not come back on
Old 02-26-2012, 06:20 PM   #1252
Got Worms?

You don't plug it in to adjust settings, the programmer is simply to program the new firmware onto it

what do you mean it just shut off? It won't just shut off unless you did something to it
Old 02-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #1253
Pebble Pounder

I haven't done anything. I have been waiting for your replies. All I did was click open and look for somewhere that had the firmware. I left it connected to the board and then it shut off and is in a no power situation.

So if I cannot edit it then how am I supposed to get 4WS to work?
Old 02-26-2012, 06:31 PM   #1254
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by king1282 View Post
I haven't done anything. I have been waiting for your replies. All I did was click open and look for somewhere that had the firmware. I left it connected to the board and then it shut off and is in a no power situation.

So if I cannot edit it then how am I supposed to get 4WS to work?
Do the programming through the TX....no need for the PC at this point.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #1255
Pebble Pounder

well wish i woulda known that lol... anyways well now the friggin thing wont power up. changed batteries and still a no power situation.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:33 PM   #1256
Got Worms?

Post #2, of this thread, there is a link that brings you to a post that tells you how to program 4ws
Old 02-26-2012, 06:35 PM   #1257
Got Worms?

You might of flashed a blank firmware onto the radio...

Download 0.4.1 from here

GT3B Firmware Archive - OverkillRC
Old 02-26-2012, 06:36 PM   #1258
Pebble Pounder

yeah well that would have been great to know that everything can be configured on the tx itself.. in no place have i read that and i have read all of post #2... now to get it to power back on is my biggest concern.

thank you Losi. I will give that a try... I have no clue when it comes to this stuff...

EDIT again * power restored lmao.

Sorry for the beginnerness.. Im about 3 months old to RC

Last edited by king1282; 02-26-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:06 AM   #1259
Quarry Creeper

Ordered mine last week, gonna use it for our G6 comp coming up.
RusT808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:28 AM   #1260
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusT808 View Post
Ordered mine last week, gonna use it for our G6 comp coming up.
Good Stuff My Friend.. Did My Mod And It's All Good..
JoeWorks is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM