Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: TorqueMaster BR Mini Packs the Power!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 07:22 PM   #221
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: TorqueMaster BR Mini Packs the Power!

BR Mini worked great today. ESC and motor temps in the mid 90's in an heavy a$$ rig. GSRCC endurance and G6 apporved.
yjbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #222
I wanna be Dave

I had a chance to run my berg yesterday HH 16t motors after back to back battery pack 6 ( gen ace 450)
No noticeable issues... These br minis really supply boost of power when you need it. I set these esc up just like castle creation smashed esc no bec mod at all. After yesterday I'm not worried about any heat issues.
Br minis set up... Front esc updated firmware drag brake 50% not using Holmes Hold LVC set to 9v.
Rear esc updated firmware drag brake 100% not using Holmes Hold LVC set to 9v.

Thanks John Holmes for another great product.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #223
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holt View Post
Hey,mine was the same. But after I updated it with the newest software it was gone.

Well after a quick re update all is good thanks holt
chevotafun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #224
Quarry Creeper

;) What reverse type are you using?
Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #225
I wanna be Dave

So who's running Holmes Hold on their 2.2pro rig?
Are you running HH front and rear @ what percentages?
Old 11-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #226

John, just got my minis couple of days ago ang i'm doing some wiring. If i'll be using the regular installation on a dual esc setup with a receiver bypass, do i need to remove the red wire on one of the esc or should i leave the red wire on both esc. Just wanna clear it out. Thanks
xabs1582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #227
RcBros Hobbies

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
So who's running Holmes Hold on their 2.2pro rig?
Are you running HH front and rear @ what percentages?
I'm running the Holmes hold on my pro at 80% both front and rear. It seems to be the perfect combo. This dam thing stops on a dime no no noise from the holmes hold like I've heard from the larger units.

I plan to play with some settings such as deadband as I feel I lost alittle top speed, not sure where or why, so gotta do some digging. I'll take some screen shots and post my results. So far i'm happy with the smaller package.

I wired these traditional style and haven't had any heat issues.

Last edited by RcBro; 11-19-2013 at 09:03 PM.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #228
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcBro View Post
I'm running the Holmes hold on my pro at 80% both front and rear. It seems to be the perfect combo. This dam thing stops on a dime no no noise from the holmes hold like I've heard from the larger units.

I plan to play with some settings such as deadband as I feel I lost alittle top speed, not sure where or why, so gotta do some digging. I'll take some screen shots and post my results. So far i'm happy with the smaller package.

I wired these traditional style and haven't had any heat issues.

I would be really glad for some screenshots of your setup,struggeling a bit to get it right with mine. Really newbie to;)
Holt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:26 AM   #229
RCC Addict

my BR Mini pack wired and ready to shrink

EGRESSor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #230
RCC Addict

John, when are the stacked minis shipping?
Tossedman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #231
Pebble Pounder

I received my stacked minis yesterday.
Quiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #232
Rock Crawler

Okay, a set-up question on these. I haven't installed latest firmware yet, but I will. Here's the problem I need to work. When easing down a max-steep slope as soon as I crack the throttle the truck starts creeping down, but rapidly picks up speed due strictly to gravity. On the flats I can modulate the throttle to where it barely moves -- forever.

But on the downslope within moments the speed gets too high and I have to lift. The dragbrake engages and the rear flips over. I can back off the dragbrake to where that's improved, but then the truck rolls on any steep slope in neutral -- causing inadvertent reverse penalties. I haven't found a happy medium.

Can the Hold be used to any advantage here? This on an AX10 2.2S.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:45 PM   #233
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
Okay, a set-up question on these. I haven't installed latest firmware yet, but I will. Here's the problem I need to work. When easing down a max-steep slope as soon as I crack the throttle the truck starts creeping down, but rapidly picks up speed due strictly to gravity. On the flats I can modulate the throttle to where it barely moves -- forever.

But on the downslope within moments the speed gets too high and I have to lift. The dragbrake engages and the rear flips over. I can back off the dragbrake to where that's improved, but then the truck rolls on any steep slope in neutral -- causing inadvertent reverse penalties. I haven't found a happy medium.

Can the Hold be used to any advantage here? This on an AX10 2.2S.
Recalibrate your radio and esc's... don't use Holmes Hold until you update firmware.
Old 11-28-2013, 04:39 PM   #234
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Recalibrate your radio and esc's... don't use Holmes Hold until you update firmware.
Not sure where you're going with that. My radio and esc work together fine. What would you expect to accomplish with recalibration? I don't think you picked up on the problem which is more of a dragbrake tuning thing.

And yes, I will update prior to turning on Hold. I must have missed it, but I didn't see where the update was announced. I gather it's ready for prime time now?

John once said future plans were for an advanced esc which would actually retard the motor during descents. I don't suppose that's coming any time soon, because it's probably the solution I need.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #235
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Not sure where you're going with that. My radio and esc work together fine. What would you expect to accomplish with recalibration? I don't think you picked up on the problem which is more of a dragbrake tuning thing.

And yes, I will update prior to turning on Hold. I must have missed it, but I didn't see where the update was announced. I gather it's ready for prime time now?

John once said future plans were for an advanced esc which would actually retard the motor during descents. I don't suppose that's coming any time soon, because it's probably the solution I need.
The firmware update for Holmes Hold is out already.. as far for recalibration just an idea.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:55 AM   #236
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:

You need to adjust your neutral trim on the radio until the rig stops rolling. Right now you have a bit of forward throttle bias that isn't allowing the drag brake to function.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #237
Rock Crawler

Really? Again here's what it does. At start of steep downhill, pull a little trigger and it starts creeping down. But because of steepness it starts picking up speed. When I relax that slight trigger the dragbrake hits and the rear flips over. It sure seems to me the neutral is set properly, I get fwd with trigger, and sudden stop when I release it. I would think everything is working normally, but just isn't designed well to creep down steep hills.

For now my only thought is to turn down the dragbrake to where it no longer stops so suddenly. But then it will roll when parked, so I'll need to use a little throttle to keep it still -- such as when I'm walking to another driving location etc. My question was whether the Hold brings anything new to the table to where I can get more controlled downhill speeds, but still stay put when parked on a slope. Or as I suspect is it just a stronger dragbrake?
Old 11-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #238
WAM
Rock Crawler

I know exactly what you mean. I have both a Losi and Axial sporty and the axial outperforms the losi in every way except downhills. The losi worms keep the rig from picking up speed and I can gently stop on even the steepest slope. With the axial I creep as low as I can and when it picks up too much speed instead of releasing the trigger I punch it and hope for the best. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

John told me once to try to increase natural drag with tight pinion clearance and extra heavy motor springs. Can't say that seemed to do much tho. I hope future esc's address this.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #239
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

It sounded like it was just coasting from your first post. There isn't a method yet to ease on the drag application. It is either in throttle or in drag mode.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #240
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
It sounded like it was just coasting from your first post. There isn't a method yet to ease on the drag application. It is either in throttle or in drag mode.
Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. No it wasn't coasting, it was under minimum possible fwd throttle. Am I right you had discussed a possible future esc capability to do an active motor retard which would give us improved downhill control?

Tags
bad ass

TorqueMaster BR Mini Packs the Power! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TorqueMaster BR-XL Big Brushed Power! JohnRobHolmes Holmes Hobbies 1351 05-13-2020 03:52 PM
Mini torquemaster ???? Mrblue Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 80 05-01-2010 08:59 PM