Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 09:20 AM   #3221
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Jon please get with me about my products..going on 3 months since I sent it in without any updates or anything..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2011, 10:12 AM   #3222
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggyStyle View Post
I have been waiting about 2 months now for my 16T Crawlmaster Pro 540 handwound motors (x4 of them). I am starting to get upset.
Eddie at Brood has his equivalents in stock and ready to ship and he's been pressing on me to jump ship and go with him. When I even got a reply from HH, I kept getting the same runaround: "they should ship this week or next" but those weeks have long since come and gone. Most of the time, I get no response at all to any of my emails or anything. I would really like to have some Holmes Handwounds in my rig, but I don't know if I can hold out much longer or wish to bear this treatment from a vendor. I have waited patiently, but this is simply getting excessive! Please give me some definitive feedback and answers soon! I would greatly appreciate it!
JRH popped in this thread..... http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/elect...-business.html post #14....
Old 12-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #3223
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIN View Post
Hi John
order 7889
Could you please tell me the status of my order? Has it been shipped?
It has not. Email sent your way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
John can you send me one of them 50 BRXL's and a motor before you run out?
I assume you sent in a warranty, in which case I certainly can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja turtle View Post
all good. thanks for the update. cant wait to get my hands on that badboy.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman5150 View Post
Hey john, everytime I try and plug in my lipo to the brxl my truck jumps on full throttle. Did I break something?
Maybe so? That isn't normal operation. Have you tried reprogramming the throttle endpoints?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
Feedback - 3rd waterproofed BRXL installed in our vehicles, and nothing but good to say about them

And we test the water-tightness regularly

Thanks JRH
Awesome, thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S ARR T 8 View Post
Hey John do you have any 13t crawl master motors ready to ship? Thanks
NOt at the moment. We will have enough for inventory within two weeks, but if I do have some extras from the current batch I will post up in my Crawlmaster thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdb85 View Post
Hey John still have not heard anything yet.

Sent ya a box of goodies, confirmed delivery on 11/17.

A little update when ya got some time , please. PM or email, thanks!
I have no clue who you are! If you are Bob I will shoot you an email about the goodies ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OfnaJoe View Post
Hey. Placed a order ( #8051 ) on Monday for a BR-XL & 35T motor, just wondering how long it takes to ship it out ?
Thanks Joe
Already shipped, last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ax-10 crazy View Post
Hey, John do have a tracking number for my warranty esc's I sent in? Order number:6603 I sent a few emails a while ago but have not gotten any response.

Thanks
The box bounced back to me for some reason, listing incomplete address. Can you email me to proper address at warranty@? Many thanks!

Quote:
Same here I sent in my stuff maybe a few months ago and I get the same answers to even if I do get an answer. I didnt even get a Order Number and said that my stuff would be sent out next week a month ago and still havent got it or any type of contact with HH after E-Mails, Posts, PM's. After I get my parts I will probably make a For Sale Post.
Just figured out who you are (you gave zero info in the package!). Sending your stuff on 11-18 isn't quite a few months back, but I understand why you are upset. I'll package up the new ESC for you today sir, it will ship tomorrow when mail runs again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap value View Post
i know this has prob been covered but im not sure where to begin with so many posts. i just bought a used 7t puller motor, i like waterproof and mudproof. is the motor industructable? what can i do to protect it. also i have a traxxas xl-5 waterproof esc will it function with the 7t? if not what is a inexpensive alternative ''under $65''
thankyou for your time and patients if answered.
The motor is no where near indestructible! If you plan to run in the mud, I suggest something cheap like a TorqueMaster sport or a rc4wd cheap can. You are fine with your ESC. But any motor will wear out quick in the mud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipxor View Post
Got my torquemaster expets in the mail today!!!! It's gonna be a good christmas putting them on and trying them out tomorrow! Thanks john!! :thumbsup:
Awesome, glad they arrived safe!

Quote:
Jon please get with me about my products..going on 3 months since I sent it in without any updates or anything..
5 weeks is the new three months, lol!
Old 12-26-2011, 11:58 AM   #3224
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post

The box bounced back to me for some reason, listing incomplete address. Can you email me to proper address at warranty@? Many thanks!

Sorry, I ended up sending the info to orders, I'll shoot one to warranty too.

Thanks
Old 12-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #3225

No worries at all mate! Got the new addy on the package, it will ship tomorrow again.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #3226
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
JRH popped in this thread..... http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/elect...-business.html post #14....

Thanks for the assistance Charlie! I got in contact with JRH and we're working to resolve all issues. He's definitely a stand up guy! And I have it on excellent authority (JRH himself) that Holmes Hobbies has NOT and IS NOT going out of business! Apparently on the contrary, he has more business than he and his current staff can handle at the moment. He's working hard at keeping up with the tide. I'm glad to know he's not going anywhere, I really am looking forward to his motors, I hear nothing but rave reviews from everyone I've talked to.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #3227
Quarry Creeper

I take it that the Torquemaster Crawlmaster Combo comes with the Crawlmaster 540 Pro motor. Is there a Team Crawlmaster combo? And for the newly initiated, what is the difference between the Pro and the Team motor? Thanks
Old 12-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #3228
Pebble Pounder

John I say it took so long because I E-Mailed you on your website and on here and no response for about that long before you E-Mailed to just sent it in. You did not send a RMA or anything like most companies just a simple send it in. So this whole process is in fact about 3 months not just from 11-18. Sorry to be a pain just didnt like sending $150 (27T Motor and BRXL) worth of stuff somewhere and then not hearing anything for a while.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:02 PM   #3229

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Crab View Post
I take it that the Torquemaster Crawlmaster Combo comes with the Crawlmaster 540 Pro motor. Is there a Team Crawlmaster combo? And for the newly initiated, what is the difference between the Pro and the Team motor? Thanks
Yes, correct. CM 540 Pro motor is in the combo.

I do not currently offer a Team Combo, and do not plan to offer one any time soon. Around mid 2012 all Pro motors will have the same construction as the Team.

The team version uses a Checkpoint endbell instead of the regular standup or laydown. It uses round brushes for a far superior wear. The pic on my site is not accurate, but I will work to change that soon.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:08 PM   #3230

Quote:
John I say it took so long because I E-Mailed you on your website and on here and no response for about that long before you E-Mailed to just sent it in. You did not send a RMA or anything like most companies just a simple send it in. So this whole process is in fact about 3 months not just from 11-18. Sorry to be a pain just didnt like sending $150 (27T Motor and BRXL) worth of stuff somewhere and then not hearing anything for a while.
Understood. Got it all fixed up and packaged for you, it will go out in tomorrow's mail.
Old 12-26-2011, 02:17 PM   #3231
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Yes, correct. CM 540 Pro motor is in the combo.

I do not currently offer a Team Combo, and do not plan to offer one any time soon. Around mid 2012 all Pro motors will have the same construction as the Team.

The team version uses a Checkpoint endbell instead of the regular standup or laydown. It uses round brushes for a far superior wear. The pic on my site is not accurate, but I will work to change that soon.

Thanks for the reply.

So if I wanted the cream of the crop I would order a Team motor and ESC separately? And I am new to this so which direction do I need for a Wraith?
Old 12-26-2011, 02:25 PM   #3232
Pebble Pounder

Hey John,
My BR-XL is not being recognized by my Link. The ESC itself is working and functioning just fine otherwise. Is there software I need to download beforehand, or is it supposed to be automated. My BEC +&- wires are attached to the +&- on the BR-XL, if that makes a difference.

Thanks!!

:Edit: Disregard this post John... I figured it out.

Last edited by Full_Throttle; 12-28-2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:57 PM   #3233
JIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIN
Hi,John

Could you please tell me the status of my order? Has it been shipped?

Regards,

order 7889 order Date 11/19/2011

We will be finishing up the 18t motors this week for you, I should be able to snag some machine time Wednesday and get em wound up.

Will you switch a 16T motor?
Old 12-26-2011, 06:20 PM   #3234
Quarry Creeper

John, i received a hyperion 13.5 motor from you for christmas and i was wondering how it is compares to the tekin 13.5? It will be used in a wraith

sent from my damn phone
Old 12-26-2011, 08:13 PM   #3235
Rock Crawler

Sorry about being so nondescript my man!

Yea, I'm Bob in Wexford, Pa. (garagedoorbob)

Whenever ya get a chance, I'd appreciate it. Thank You.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:27 AM   #3236
Rock Crawler

Can I get a status on order #7974? I mailed an esc to you for waterproofing on 12/8, and sent an email on 12/20 with no response.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:30 AM   #3237
I wanna be Dave

John,
Did you get my email????

Let me know what I can do with this BR-XL. I also will need to order another one here soon.

Thanks
John
Old 12-27-2011, 10:23 AM   #3238
Rock Stacker

hey bro, did you get my email from 1h1br1d1@gmail.com? on order #8085? i really need this before jan 7th or im F'd. if it hasnt been shipped is there anyway we can work something to insure its here by then?
Old 12-27-2011, 02:52 PM   #3239
Quarry Creeper

Got the email, take it my order will ship when mail runs again?
Old 12-28-2011, 01:56 AM   #3240
Rock Stacker

Quote:

Maybe so? That isn't normal operation. Have you tried reprogramming the throttle endpoints?

yep I bought an axial esc to trouble shoot and it works fine. Also even I plug the brxl into my receiver the lights on it dim. Should I send it in?
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM