Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 09:00 AM   #3121
Rock Crawler

Well i know you have heard this alot but i just ordered a 35 turn motor from you for my wraith, What gearing would your recommend? 87/15 and more importantly how do you figure out what gearing you need for each style of motor? I like to know how do do things a formula or something?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #3122
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltgpierce View Post
Do I plug in the front ESC to the battery and calibrate, unplug, then plug in the rear ESC to the battery and calibrate?
Any help would be appreciated.
Yup
Old 11-29-2011, 05:42 AM   #3123
Quarry Creeper

Hope this is the spot for my question.

I took apart my Puller 10t and cleaned it. But after I put it all together I think the timing is way off.
Because the motor is getting hot from just running on the table with no gearbox attached.
And there are sparks flying from the brushes.

Looking into some advice from you John Rob.
And if this is something I can't fix myself, I'll send it in for maintenance.

Tarmo
Old 11-29-2011, 05:59 AM   #3124
Rock Stacker

Got them both calibrated!
Old 11-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #3125
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusT808 View Post
I sent in my BR-XL a few weeks ago and haven't got a reply. How do I send the $45 for the replacement esc?

Russ from Hawaii.
Any update?
Old 11-30-2011, 08:28 AM   #3126
Pebble Pounder

Yea I need a update or a confirmation or something about my stuff that I sent in 3 weeks ago. E-Mails have not been returned.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:51 AM   #3127
I wanna be Dave

Is something wrong with Holmes Hobbies right now? Like said above, no emails have been returned.

I was hoping for a response for order number 7898
Old 11-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #3128
Quarry Creeper

I have four of your Crawlmaster motors on order through my LHS. It's been going on almost a month. Are you going to be shipping any time soon? Should I order direct from you? Which would be a faster way to obtain them? I need them soon.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:14 PM   #3129
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

We are doing our best to keep up with emails and forum activity, please bear with us during this peak season. We are in the process of writing a large FAQ to help reduce the email load. I just can't hang with 50+ emails every single day without getting behind somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Two questions John,

When will you have the CC BEC back in stock?

Will my Mamba Max ESC in my Sporty rig and a 16t 2012 Team Crawlmaster Pro 540 have strong braking?

Thanks
We are waiting on a shipment from Castle on the BECs, not sure when they are coming.

You will have strong enough drag for most people, but not the strongest drag possible. A Torquemaster build has better drag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarTrader View Post
Hey John I placed a order (Order #7746) the end of October. I was going to ask the order be canceled but Iahve since changed my mind and was wondering when the motor might be getting made and shipped out. Thanks!
That order was just for springs and brushes and shipped out a while back. Am I missing something here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL VASCO View Post
Originally Posted by EL VASCO
Hi John, you know I have two next projects in mind so I’d like to know which would be your recommendation for them, I mean motor/esc combos, and I’m speaking about your products of course:
1- SSS-R chassis with Axial axles and transmission without dig
2- Axial SCX 10 Honcho Kit
Many thanks
El Vasco

Hi John, I sent you an email to your web store at Monday just asking you about the products mentioned above which you recommended and no reply yet, what’s going on???
Thanks
El Vasco
I'm getting buried in emails, thats what! I will do my best to get it responded ASAP, but I still have about 300 to wade through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big dude View Post
order #7745 orderd on 10/23/11 any update as to when they will ship?
The armatures will be done either end of this week or beginning of next and we will ship em out asap.

Quote:
I sent in my BR-XL a few weeks ago and haven't got a reply. How do I send the $45 for the replacement esc?

Russ from Hawaii.
Check this product out, it allows us to track the replacements easier.
Holmes Hobbies LLC / Holmes Bikes :: Service and Labor :: Holmes TorqueMaster BR-XL REPLACEMENT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimreeper View Post
I have a few questions. Trying to save $ do you sell just the 5 slot arms or could i send you my cans and endbells for you to assemble me some complete 5 slot motors.
The arms are $40 each. If I assemble the motors it is $7 per, with full rebuild service. I don't have the arms on the site for sale yet, as we are working as fast as possible to just build the complete motors!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebomb View Post
Hey John what is the difference between the crawl master pro and the team edition? As I just ordered 2 13t combos for my xr rockshow . Thanks alot
The team edition has the checkpoint endbell, otherwise they are the same. The pic on my site needs updating, it doesn't show the right endbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobier View Post
John,

I was stupid yesterday and wanted to see what my options are. I bought a series battery cable and hooked up 2 - 3s batteries to my Holmes Hobbies BRXL which was driving my HH 13T Crawlmaster 2012 Team edition. As far as I can tell I let the magic smoke out of the motor. It ran fine for 4 or 5 minutes, then stopped. This morning when I took it apart I discovered that it had gotten hot enough to melt the solder on the red lead and that was disconnected. There appeared to be remnants of black magic smoke on the case. I'm not at home at the moment, but when I hook the wire back up I do not get any beeps from the motor.

So can I send it in for a rebuild, if so whats the cost? I don't know enough about motors at this point to understand what I have actually damaged, guess in my spare time I'll go do some reading Once I get home tonight, I'll throw my Crawlmaster 55T in and be back on the rocks tomorrow.

Thanks again for your great products and support.

-Coby
A basic rebuild is $10. Sounds like you may need more than that if it got hot enough to melt solder!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark reel View Post
Hi John
i PM you a few weeks back about my BXRL's not holding when i have them on dig.

you said to try and dig FT wheels spinning as you go forward the backs dont hold (this is the same when i dig with the rear) but to then keep the rears locked and go in reverse and see if they hold better!

and yes the hold alot better but still dont LOCK up in reverse.

there is almost no hold while going forward.

Let me know what to try next,
Thanks, Mark
Sounds like your radio neutral points could need some adjustment. Otherwise, are you using cheap motors? Like integy or some sealed cans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Curacao 999 View Post
Hello John,

what is with my order 7214? Do You have shipped?

Thanks in advance
Julian
Handled in email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltgpierce View Post
I am attempting to run two BRXL ESC's for my 2.2 crawler.
The directions state that when running two ESC's, they cannot have the power wires connected during calibration/programming. However, step two of the directions state to "plug in battery."
So, how do I calibrate two BRXL ESC's? Do I plug in the front ESC to the battery and calibrate, unplug, then plug in the rear ESC to the battery and calibrate?
Any help would be appreciated.
Yep, thats the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k goodrich View Post
Well i know you have heard this alot but i just ordered a 35 turn motor from you for my wraith, What gearing would your recommend? 87/15 and more importantly how do you figure out what gearing you need for each style of motor? I like to know how do do things a formula or something?
The formula is to keep the motor temp as low as possible while getting the performance you want. On 3s that gearing would work well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmo120 View Post
Hope this is the spot for my question.

I took apart my Puller 10t and cleaned it. But after I put it all together I think the timing is way off.
Because the motor is getting hot from just running on the table with no gearbox attached.
And there are sparks flying from the brushes.

Looking into some advice from you John Rob.
And if this is something I can't fix myself, I'll send it in for maintenance.

Tarmo
Sounds like the timing is off. Have a read-- Caring for your new Brushed motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
Yea I need a update or a confirmation or something about my stuff that I sent in 3 weeks ago. E-Mails have not been returned.
My apologies, I'm doing my best to keep up with orders and emails and such right now. We will be going back through emails tonight and tomorrow and hopefully catch up enough to hit your email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rig Rocker View Post
Is something wrong with Holmes Hobbies right now? Like said above, no emails have been returned.

I was hoping for a response for order number 7898
Looks like the ESC is the holdup. We had an error in inventory and were short some. I will be sending an email to all of the orders affected. The estimate is that we should have ESCs about the end of this or beginning of next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggyStyle View Post
I have four of your Crawlmaster motors on order through my LHS. It's been going on almost a month. Are you going to be shipping any time soon? Should I order direct from you? Which would be a faster way to obtain them? I need them soon.
End of this week to beginning of next is when all motors on backorder should be done. Orders are shipped in the order of receipt, so how you purchase them isn't as big of a concern as when. You aren't the only one with some backordered motors right now, we got hit pretty hard and have been fighting to wind fast enough!
Old 11-30-2011, 01:16 PM   #3130
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the update John

You must be busy!
Old 11-30-2011, 01:21 PM   #3131

Busier than I want to be right now. I have been squeezing extra hours from my worker and will have him coming in more as the holidays progress. Once we get past these backordered motors and ESCs it should be smooth sailing, we just got hit by some really big wholesales that put us too far out on production and I didn't catch the problem until too late. Live and learn I guess, running a small business keeps getting harder and faster paced as we grow!
Old 11-30-2011, 01:45 PM   #3132
Rock Crawler

Sounds like your radio neutral points could need some adjustment. Otherwise, are you using cheap motors? Like integy or some sealed cans?

I will check my endpoints! but im running your HH Sportmaster motors 35T, it will hold great then the next time i run they will not hold at all.
then i will hook them up to the castle link and set everyting back up and
they dont hold, its someting to do with the speed controls loosing calibration or somthing to that effect, i havent changed my radio endpoints form when it used to hold and now it dosen't, like i said i will take a look at the endpoints but that dosent seem to be the issue.

any other thoughts or ideas?

thanks
Old 11-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #3133

Thats about all I can think of. Most of the time the neutral adjustment is the root cause, especially when drag is more in one direction than the other.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:04 PM   #3134
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for chiming in. I have been waiting for about 5 weeks. I hope you received my esc and USPS didn't loose it.

Oh yeah, the email you sent said nothing about it needed to have, ATTN: Warranty Dept. I hope it's not lost in your warehouse either.

Thanks

Last edited by RusT808; 11-30-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #3135
Quarry Creeper

Thank you John Rob for the info.

Tarmo
Old 11-30-2011, 02:38 PM   #3136

Quote:
Thanks for chiming in. I have been waiting for about 5 weeks. I hope you received my esc and USPS didn't loose it.

Oh yeah, the email you sent said nothing about it needed to have, ATTN: Warranty Dept. I hope it's not lost in your warehouse either.

Thanks
It is here safe and sound, just don't have a replacement ESC to send at the moment and didn't get a chance to send emails.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #3137
Quarry Creeper

I have been thinking of getting a Wraith and from what I have read I am thinking of getting a TorqueMaster Crawlmaster combo with 13t. And while I am at it a 35t Torquemaster Pro for my SCX10. Don't need them right away so would it be best to wait till after Christmas to order?
Old 11-30-2011, 05:05 PM   #3138
Quarry Creeper

Yay!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:41 PM   #3139
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Thats about all I can think of. Most of the time the neutral adjustment is the root cause, especially when drag is more in one direction than the other.
Ok thanks John, i will check that out on Friday, im Hoping that's it .. have a comp sat,
Old 11-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #3140
Quarry Creeper

Question, your site says BRXL's are out of stock until th 9th. Should I order one now, or wait until they are back in stock? Thanks!
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM