Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #3141
Rock Crawler

hey John, order 7900, accidentally left hat size default, can you sub an L/XL for me?

Thanks!

-Aaron
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2011, 03:42 AM   #3142
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
A basic rebuild is $10. Sounds like you may need more than that if it got hot enough to melt solder!
Thanks for the comment on my motor melt-down. I think I'll wait til you got caught up, then post some pictures here. The commuter is melted pretty good too, but more on that with photos after the holidays.

Thanks for rocking products, and continuing to grow your company. Growth just plan sucks at times, but theoretically its worth it, I hope it is for you!

I've still got a Torquemaster 55T and the Axial Stock motor to play with in my Wraith I can hold out for a bit
Old 12-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #3143
Quarry Creeper

Did you put a note in the box on what happened? Sorry to hear the fix didn't last, bummer![/QUOTE]

Any updates on when this will ship out? Thanks
Old 12-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #3144
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallin apart View Post
Hey John got a new epic 27t stock motor from you wired it up ran it around the house for 5 min. then it just started smoking (Motor has burnt smell), ran it on a 2s lipo and a wraith esc PM me with what I need to do.

Thanks, Austin
Quote:

The wraith is reverse rotation, and you installed a normal rotation motor. You would need to flip the diffs in your rig to run this motor. I can send another armature and brush set if you need.
Hey John, I fliped the diffs and ran the motor around the house just to see if it was working and it started smoking again. Could you send the armature and brushes for the epic 27t like you mentioned

Thanks, Austin

Order Id #7629
Old 12-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #3145
Rock Crawler

i have a new XR-XL ESC waterproofed(and it never has gotten wet) that i have ran about 4 packs thru,only on 3s.now it get's really twitchy when i creep forward,but when i give it full throttle it's good,and no problems when i go in reverse,slow or fast.i tried to trouble shoot it by switching batterys,motors and re bind my RX.no luck.........

do i need to try to re-program the ESC or is the ESC gone bad?

i really like this ESC and i had to put my (cough)novak 3s back in(cough)
and everything works fine..

thanks,Wes
Old 12-02-2011, 10:38 AM   #3146
RCC Addict

John,
I will be the first to admit I am a huge dumb a$$ when it comes to this stuff. I have a need for your help.
I have a 7T along with the BR-XL in my 1/6th Willys. I have not had any issues what so ever until now. I finally picked up a CC link and did the firmware upgrade. That is when I noticed a hot smell while testing on the bench. I found that the screws holding on the end bell were loose and sparks were flying. I know I need to re-time now but I really am lost on this.

In the first post of your "Caring for Brushed Motor" thread,you say "At neutral timing the brushes will be between the magnetic north and south" I have this done but it seems like wheel speed is down. I advanced until I get more forward wheel speed but then it sparks a little bit in both forward and reverse. Is there a "sweet spot" of advance or is the puller not set up like that and should stay @ 0*? I would really like to get more speed if I can.

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:43 PM   #3147
Pebble Pounder

John,

I've sent you a couple emails, and didn't get a reply. (jason-ny@hotmail.com) Any update on the motor?

Thanks,
Jason
Old 12-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #3148
Quarry Creeper

John do you have a recommendation for a heavy tubber rig? i am sitting at about 12 pounds with battery and all electronics with my current motor and esc.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:56 AM   #3149
Quarry Creeper

Default Crawlmaster 540 order Larry's R/C's

Hi, I just wanted to check status if I could on an order for Larry's Performance R/C's in Sterling Heights, MI. It should be for four Crawlmaster 540 pro 16T motors in that order. It was placed about a month ago. Do you know when this order will ship or has it shipped? Thanks very much. Looking forward to the motors!
Old 12-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #3150
Pebble Pounder

Anything on my stuff yet.. all I need to know is if you got and you know which stuff is mine that I sent in and maybe an update.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #3151
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidubic View Post
I have been thinking of getting a Wraith and from what I have read I am thinking of getting a TorqueMaster Crawlmaster combo with 13t. And while I am at it a 35t Torquemaster Pro for my SCX10. Don't need them right away so would it be best to wait till after Christmas to order?
Depends on how fast you want them. We build and ship in the order of payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheatin View Post
Question, your site says BRXL's are out of stock until th 9th. Should I order one now, or wait until they are back in stock? Thanks!
Back in stock now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0l View Post
hey John, order 7900, accidentally left hat size default, can you sub an L/XL for me?

Thanks!

-Aaron
Will do, if we have em in stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally101 View Post

Any updates on when this will ship out? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallin apart View Post
Hey John, I fliped the diffs and ran the motor around the house just to see if it was working and it started smoking again. Could you send the armature and brushes for the epic 27t like you mentioned

Thanks, Austin

Order Id #7629
Got you on the action items list for immediate shipment, should get it within 24 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloyota View Post
i have a new XR-XL ESC waterproofed(and it never has gotten wet) that i have ran about 4 packs thru,only on 3s.now it get's really twitchy when i creep forward,but when i give it full throttle it's good,and no problems when i go in reverse,slow or fast.i tried to trouble shoot it by switching batterys,motors and re bind my RX.no luck.........

do i need to try to re-program the ESC or is the ESC gone bad?

i really like this ESC and i had to put my (cough)novak 3s back in(cough)
and everything works fine..

thanks,Wes
Try reflashing the firmware and see if that helps, also ensure you reset the throttle endpoints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevildemo View Post
John,
I will be the first to admit I am a huge dumb a$$ when it comes to this stuff. I have a need for your help.
I have a 7T along with the BR-XL in my 1/6th Willys. I have not had any issues what so ever until now. I finally picked up a CC link and did the firmware upgrade. That is when I noticed a hot smell while testing on the bench. I found that the screws holding on the end bell were loose and sparks were flying. I know I need to re-time now but I really am lost on this.

In the first post of your "Caring for Brushed Motor" thread,you say "At neutral timing the brushes will be between the magnetic north and south" I have this done but it seems like wheel speed is down. I advanced until I get more forward wheel speed but then it sparks a little bit in both forward and reverse. Is there a "sweet spot" of advance or is the puller not set up like that and should stay @ 0*? I would really like to get more speed if I can.

Thanks for your help.
There will always be a little bit of sparks. Don't worry so much about them, and focus on trying to keep the motor can under 160f.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Kustom View Post
John,

I've sent you a couple emails, and didn't get a reply. (jason-ny@hotmail.com) Any update on the motor?

Thanks,
Jason
Already in the mail coming back at you.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:19 AM   #3152

Quote:
Originally Posted by reacon View Post
John do you have a recommendation for a heavy tubber rig? i am sitting at about 12 pounds with battery and all electronics with my current motor and esc.
If you want long lasting power, a brushless motor would be the best bet. Something like a 17.5 or 13.5 Redline and MMpro would be the immediate choice. The Tekin Pro4 motors would be the second choice, although they are a bit pricey!

Otherwise a Torquemaster Pro 35t would be a good bet if you don't overgear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggyStyle View Post
Hi, I just wanted to check status if I could on an order for Larry's Performance R/C's in Sterling Heights, MI. It should be for four Crawlmaster 540 pro 16T motors in that order. It was placed about a month ago. Do you know when this order will ship or has it shipped? Thanks very much. Looking forward to the motors!
The arms for that order will be coming in this week. My apologies for the long turnaround, we had some scheduling issues and many custom motors have been taking longer than usual to complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitude View Post
Anything on my stuff yet.. all I need to know is if you got and you know which stuff is mine that I sent in and maybe an update.
I do believe I sent an email, but they are indeed here safe and sound.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:32 AM   #3153
Rock Crawler

hey john, sorry if im bugging you. ive sent a couple emails but i see that you are replying here on rcc so i thought i would post up.

order 7924 i need that clockwise rotation and whatever you recommend on the timing.

thanks!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #3154

Noted, I will take care of it!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:54 AM   #3155
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Noted, I will take care of it!
Old 12-06-2011, 07:37 PM   #3156
Rock Stacker

i sent in my esc like over 3 weeks ago no email or news on it just wanted to no when i might be reciveing it james daniel
Old 12-07-2011, 01:07 AM   #3157
Rock Crawler

I am looking for a new motor for my wraith, I have read up about them and I am thinking of the 13t crawlmaster.
I have a few Q's,
1, will the 13t be any faster / slower than stock and will it work on the stock ESC ?,
2, your web site says out of stock, what is the excpected shipping date for them ?,
3, how much will shipping be to England UK ?.
Regards John.
Old 12-07-2011, 05:15 AM   #3158
Rock Crawler

Hey John, sent you a box (motors/esc) confirmed delivery on 11/17 and also sent e-mail on 11/30. Have not heard anything yet, I understand you're incredibly busy so when you get a chance could you give me a little update, appreciate it.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #3159

Quote:
Originally Posted by James888 View Post
i sent in my esc like over 3 weeks ago no email or news on it just wanted to no when i might be reciveing it james daniel
Box heading back your way today actually!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drzjohn View Post
I am looking for a new motor for my wraith, I have read up about them and I am thinking of the 13t crawlmaster.
I have a few Q's,
1, will the 13t be any faster / slower than stock and will it work on the stock ESC ?,
2, your web site says out of stock, what is the excpected shipping date for them ?,
3, how much will shipping be to England UK ?.
Regards John.
The 13t is maybe a hair slower than stock, but takes 3s use much better so you can volt up and gear down

I have a big batch of arms coming in tomorrow, then we will see if there is any other inventory left for the site. Picking up a "custom" wind is the best way to hold the motor you want before anyone else buys it.

EMS shipping is $32. Unless you have special circumstances I use EMS because it won't get lost or damaged. Priority and first class are nothing but trouble for electronics!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdb85 View Post
Hey John, sent you a box (motors/esc) confirmed delivery on 11/17 and also sent e-mail on 11/30. Have not heard anything yet, I understand you're incredibly busy so when you get a chance could you give me a little update, appreciate it.
got her here, but won't be able to take a look at the system today. We will do our best to get it taken care of tomorrow since all other warranty and rebuild work ahead of yours is done now.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #3160
Quarry Creeper

John, can you PM me about what to do about the esc I sent in. I need to know if I can get the warranty or just need to buy a brand new one.

Russ
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM