Notices

Thread: New Axial scx 24 deadbolt

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2019, 01:10 PM   #221
Rock Stacker

Default Re: New Axial scx 24 deadbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by svt923 View Post
This crazy dude is the hero we all need.

If you can't tell, that is a Holmes 380 Revolver.
YES! Ideally we could rally JRH to make an even smaller Revolver for the 24, but hey I'll take this too haha.

I think I have some really tiny "RCX" brand outrunner revolver style motors from the micro quad builds of the past that I believe are smaller than the revolver 380. Does anyone know of the smallest micro brushless motor out there?

Actually after a quick search around, Hobbyking and Banggood both show some absolutely tiny brushless motors:

Now that one in the image is a ridiculously high kv but there seem to be plenty of sub-10g options around 1500-3500kv out there like this: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/ax1304-2...otor-6-5g.html

Is there any value in these in our future? I know these are built to take a prop but it seems like for someone like JRH the parts exist to build a micro revolver.

Last edited by jessedacri; 07-22-2019 at 01:21 PM.
jessedacri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2019, 05:17 PM   #222
Rock Crawler

I used an 80Kv motor from a camera gimbal. Perfect Kv for a micro crawler. Anything with higher Kv would need a ridiculous gear reduction to make it useful.

In this vid I used a cheesy ESC with no programming. I may try this setup again with a castle ESC to get some more low voltage torque.

https://youtu.be/JHzCS9vx3WQ

Shape_Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 09:53 PM   #223
Quarry Creeper

I run brushless in all my 1/10th scale. I have even thought about trying an outrunner in them. The problem you see from the video is kogging. Your really need a sensored set up. I have never tried the castle sensorless set up

And the hardest thing to find is a brushless esc that has instant reverse
dirtman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:01 PM   #224
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtman71 View Post
Your really need a sensored set up.
In general yeah, but the HH Revolver and Sidewinder S4 is proving to be the exception.
punkindrublik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 06:07 AM   #225
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik View Post
In general yeah, but the HH Revolver and Sidewinder S4 is proving to be the exception.

The outrunners generally have more poles than the inrunners. Most are not sealed either and sand, dirt, water intrusion are possible.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 06:09 AM   #226
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessedacri View Post
YES! Ideally we could rally JRH to make an even smaller Revolver for the 24, but hey I'll take this too haha.

I think I have some really tiny "RCX" brand outrunner revolver style motors from the micro quad builds of the past that I believe are smaller than the revolver 380. Does anyone know of the smallest micro brushless motor out there?

Now that one in the image is a ridiculously high kv but there seem to be plenty of sub-10g options around 1500-3500kv out there like this: https://hobbyking.com/en_us/ax1304-2...otor-6-5g.html

Is there any value in these in our future? I know these are built to take a prop but it seems like for someone like JRH the parts exist to build a micro revolver.

Most of these outrunners set up like this micro pictured can have the shaft pressed out of the bell and reinstalled from the reverse side.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:47 PM   #227
Rock Stacker

Where would be a good place to buy some good wheels and tires? not sure I am ready to drop $60 on a set of rims just yet, but I would like to do a nice upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Just wanted to post up some new pics. I'm running 8-hole rc4wd wheels and mtr's now. Bouncy/ tippy feeling has been greatly reduced. Still needs a lil more weight down low but the new tires/ wheels have been essential to increasing performance. No contact/ neg offset issues whatsoever. Steering servo will have to be addressed soon imo. I also got rid of the portion of the cage that goes over top of the lights. I like the look better without it.

Few pics of the action today... no breakage/ no lost parts/ 40+ minutes of run-time. Motor was barely warm to the touch. We left before either rig hit lvc.

bigemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:06 PM   #228

Yes there is https://www.shapeways.com/shops/lynx...aign=affiliate How about under 20.00

https://lynxmicrotech.wordpress.com/ This one has his email address in case you have any questions
Budman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 02:06 PM   #229
I wanna be Dave

Default New Axial scx 24 deadbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
Yes there is https://www.shapeways.com/shops/lynx...aign=affiliate How about under 20.00

https://lynxmicrotech.wordpress.com/ This one has his email address in case you have any questions

The Shapeways page will work. I don’t think Fungi answers emails anymore but he may. Tires for the RGT from Amain or some RC4WD from FleaBay.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:00 PM   #230
I wanna be Dave

AsiaTees has lots of parts for The RGT/FTX, and CR-24

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
spoo76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 05:28 PM   #231
Quarry Creeper

RC4WD has some of the white steelies in stock - https://store.rc4wd.com/Stamped-Stee...te_p_7056.html

They're supposed to get more of the $20 black ones in soon too. I got a set just last week
Old 07-25-2019, 02:43 PM   #232
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkindrublik View Post
RC4WD has some of the white steelies in stock - https://store.rc4wd.com/Stamped-Stee...te_p_7056.html

They're supposed to get more of the $20 black ones in soon too. I got a set just last week
I got a set of the black steel wheels also. Can't for the life of me, get the tires on and get them reassembled. Is there a trick to it that I'm missing?
GChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 04:10 PM   #233
I wanna be Dave

Find 2 longer bolts to get the halves started together. Then replace them once the shorter ones are seated.
Old 07-25-2019, 05:02 PM   #234
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brake Weight View Post
Find 2 longer bolts to get the halves started together. Then replace them once the shorter ones are seated.
I would have done this if I could figure out what size bolts they were, nothing I had on hand worked and I have a ton of spare screws. Does anyone know what they are?
I found even if I clamped these tight in my hand the threads would instantly strip out on the hubs.

Anyway what I did was make a little clamp out of a M2.5 bolt, a nut and some washers cutting some notches in one of the washers on top so I could sneak 2 bolts by.

Even with this tool they're still a bit of a struggle, I found that getting these 2 screws sort of positioned right (but not threaded in) helped to keep the 2 halves aligned.
I got 1 mounted without it and the other 7 were a big struggle.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 07-25-2019 at 05:06 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 05:17 PM   #235
Rock Crawler

You have to make sure all the holes line up. The hub the outer & inner faces. They are drilled to line up a certain way. I like to find the hole at center of the triangle on the face. Pretty much only one lines up at the tip then line up the back face.
I mounted scramblers with stock hardware in like 15mins for all four wheels.
Key is to line it up or you will be fighting it.

You can see in the pic only one bolt lines up with the tip of the triangle. 9 o clock bolt in the pic. Line these up & your good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 05:42 PM   #236
I wanna be Dave

I’ve got some 1.9 and 2.2 stamped steelies like these but not the 1”. Love the look and weight but they’re a pain to get started. With the larger wheels I have used a socket to hold the hex and push down from the top to get them started. But the clamping bolt through all pieces is a better approach. I’ll use that idea the next time I make up a set.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:49 PM   #237
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy55 View Post

Line these up & your good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was absolutely not the case for me and I've assembled many, many wheels easy and hard, these are among the most finicky I've had. I lined it up started a thread or 2 and... stripped, next hole... stripped, next hole... stripped and so on. clamping them with the setup I posted above was truly the only way I was able to mount the RC4WD tires (MT/R's and Baja Claws).

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 07-25-2019 at 07:32 PM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 07:19 PM   #238
Quarry Creeper

I have the same issue, I'mpretty sure mine stripped too. I've tried countless times, I even ordered longer screws, I still don't have my tires mounted.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Duramarks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 08:39 PM   #239
Quarry Creeper

They were fiddly for sure, but I managed to get them done fairly quickly. I don't think there's a real trick to it unless you can find longer screws to work with. I imagine quys with extra large hands will have a bit of a harder time than others. Luckily mine are just average. At least that's what my ex-wife said...
Old 07-25-2019, 08:39 PM   #240
Rock Crawler

Well I have done six sets of these 1.0 rims with various tire combos. Never had a issue with stock hardware. These are some of the easiest beadlocks at this size I have dealt with!
chevy55 is offline   Reply With Quote

New Axial scx 24 deadbolt - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SCX 10.2 Jeep XJ Body on SCX 10 Deadbolt? sacsmitty Axial SCX-10 5 08-15-2018 12:16 PM
My new Axial SCX-10 Deadbolt KA7EII Axial SCX-10 4 05-21-2016 09:24 PM
New scx 10 deadbolt BigCountry11 Axial SCX-10 8 07-25-2014 10:00 AM