Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Newbie General

Notices

Thread: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2021, 06:17 PM   #3221

Default Re: Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE<<<<<<

How's everyone doing?!

My name is Jonny and Im from Youngstown Ohio!

Just got my first crawler a month ago, SCX24 and was hooked! I went last week, July 22nd and bought a Traxxas TRX4 Sport! I love it!!! Well, today, July 27th, I went to try out a new spot and when i got there i ran across the parking lot, easy as its only a single speed, and it looked like my left rear tire was bent. I looked and i pulled the bead out of the rim a lil. I ra back to my house as I forgot my tool kit and bag at the house. I fixed the wheel in a couple minutes and threw a new battery in my rig, plugged it in out behind my house as I decided to just crawl on the trails behind my house, and after i plugged it in i grabbed my transmitter and when i turn that on, my truck started smoking! It wasnt on and i was using a new traxxas battery! I snapped a couple pics as this is the first time this has every happened to me. I got online with Traxxas and i was hoping to get a new ESC but they want my rig to look over everything! They sent me shipping labels and it goes out tomorrow! They said it should be a 3-5 day turn around once it hits their offices! Im still excited about this rig and Traxxas support was awesome! I sent the pics they needed and everything was taken care of before the truck was even cool'd off! haha! well any ways, sorry for the long story, I dont really have any other crawler stories! haha
Overkill543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2021, 09:52 AM   #3222
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill543 View Post
How's everyone doing?!

My name is Jonny and Im from Youngstown Ohio!

Just got my first crawler a month ago, SCX24 and was hooked! I went last week, July 22nd and bought a Traxxas TRX4 Sport! I love it!!! Well, today, July 27th, I went to try out a new spot and when i got there i ran across the parking lot, easy as its only a single speed, and it looked like my left rear tire was bent. I looked and i pulled the bead out of the rim a lil. I ra back to my house as I forgot my tool kit and bag at the house. I fixed the wheel in a couple minutes and threw a new battery in my rig, plugged it in out behind my house as I decided to just crawl on the trails behind my house, and after i plugged it in i grabbed my transmitter and when i turn that on, my truck started smoking! It wasnt on and i was using a new traxxas battery! I snapped a couple pics as this is the first time this has every happened to me. I got online with Traxxas and i was hoping to get a new ESC but they want my rig to look over everything! They sent me shipping labels and it goes out tomorrow! They said it should be a 3-5 day turn around once it hits their offices! Im still excited about this rig and Traxxas support was awesome! I sent the pics they needed and everything was taken care of before the truck was even cool'd off! haha! well any ways, sorry for the long story, I dont really have any other crawler stories! haha
Hi Jonny!

Welcome to the hobby! I mean, sorry to hear you're into crawling now. lol, I'm so funny...

Seriously though, I'm glad to hear that it sounds like you're having a good experience so far. As you're seeing, it's not always sunshine and roses. But it sounds like you've got a good attitude about it and that will probably make a big difference towards how much you enjoy this hobby over the long term - I always joke (but it's not really a joke...) that my wrenching to driving time is somewhere around a 10:1 ratio...

Traxxas gets a lot of hate for a variety of reasons, but their support is (usually) pretty great, good to hear they're taking care of you!

You might want to get a second job to start paying for the extra rigs you're going to start wanting and the inevitable upgrade train that you're about hop on...
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 03:31 AM   #3223

Hi everyone,

I’ve just recently joined up after a long break from the R/C world.

My name is Craig and I live in Rothesay on the Isle of Bute in Scotland.

I built a 1/14 Tamiya MAN and Reefer trailer around 8 years ago, used it a couple of times and it’s sat gathering dust ever since.

I then bought a nitro powered HPI Savage X and have had plenty fun with that but get put off with all the faff of getting it running etc so it too has sat gathering dust for a few years now.

I’ve always liked the look of 1/10 scale crawlers etc and have started doing some research into what might be the best one for me to start with. I suppose I really enjoy building them as well as using them.

Love the look of the RC4WD Toyota Hilux but then there’s the Axial offerings too along with the Tamiya High Lift models.

Hoping to have made a decision and have bought one to build soon.

Looking forward to it.

Craig
Blueovalcraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:42 AM   #3224

Hello world
recently picked up a scx24 to see if I liked the car style transmitter better than the airplane style for a rc lawnmower I am thinking about building and got hooked. 3 months later have a scx10 I am building and a 3d printed scx10 based crawler, and assuming the deal goes through picking up 2 more scx24s this afternoon now to explain all this madness to my wife

also live in the Mitten state near Detroit Metro Airport if anyone knows good spots to crawl at.
bringjustn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 01:14 PM   #3225

I am Bill, love in Colorado Springs, CO. Armpit of the Rockies.
Rigs, new to crawlers sort of. My new, new crawl rig is a stock traxxas trx4, Blazer, black af. I ran in nitro and short course truck racing before I decided to take a break, my wife got sick. So She is better, we go on small kine hikes and the guys in the local park made me jelly crawling on the trails. Here we are again.
Billthebutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 11:38 PM   #3226

Long time reader. First post . I have an xr10 and ax10. Anyways, hello everyone
Paulwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 05:24 PM   #3227

Hello everyone, I've been interested in RC Crawling for some time now. I've spent some time enjoying some youtube videos and whatnot. Currently considering an SCX10 purchase but with all the options out there I'd like to read up on the ins and outs at a place like this first. Any advice is welcome.
jcareyDFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 04:52 PM   #3228

Default Attn: NEWBIES POST HERE&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Thanks for the add

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by newb_crawler; 08-25-2021 at 04:58 PM.
newb_crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 02:43 PM   #3229

Hey all......long time lurker, first time poster.

My name is Dave and I currently reside in the Piedmont/Triad area of North Carolina. I've been in and out of the hobby for years, but have decided to get my kids involved and resurrect my old Wraith Spawn after sitting it in a corner broken for a few years.

My kids each have SCX24's, a Deadbolt and a C10. Both needed motors within a week of owning (shocker) but are otherwise stock. My Wraith Spawn is currently sitting on my desk at work while I slowly collect parts for a full rebuild. Only the cage/chassis and my Pro-Line Powerstroke's are being reused. I hope to tear it down and rebuild it over the fall/winter. Football and RC builds are an ideal Sunday afternoon for me.

Dave
metalman1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 06:08 PM   #3230

Hello everyone, I’m Ryan from Cliffside NC, I’m just getting into crawlers since I built my actual jeep for Rock Crawling. Seems like an expensive hobby but what isn’t, just looking for ideas and tips since I deleted Facebook. Really hoping to find my first crawler soon and build it like my jeep, thanks!
Jalopy_JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:32 PM   #3231

Hey all! I'm considering picking up an SCX24, I'm sorta new to this, I was into RC cars for a bit in the 90's but the idea of a micro that I can have fun with in my house during the winter while I can't ride my dirt bike is absolutely appealing.

I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on the white Jeep JLU

Sent from my LM-Q620 using Tapatalk
Skyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 12:36 PM   #3232

Hi folks.
Im just a Finnish maybe older guy who had some 20+ yrs pause on rc cars and just very recently got interested again after seein all these scale / crawler thingys, and i managed to get me an Element Enduro and im slowly dlin little mods to it. So far it has high clearance link kit, pen spring mod with tad stiffer oils, 20T 5-slot motor and step smaller pinion, Ecto body, tad shortened frame rails, self made stinger bumper, notch stronger steering servo, and stock servo is getting gutted to work as an winch motor under the cars original esc, and an 1080 is getting installed in next few days. Aimin for an Power Wagon cabin for it.
Beahkit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 08:13 PM   #3233

Default Knightrunner

I'm new to the rc world I was wondering if you know if the scx scx 10.2 would work with the knightrunner

I'm trying to put cantilever style suspension on the knightrunner and need to know what kind would work on it
Rcchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 02:21 AM   #3234

Bought a little 1/24 RGT for my son. The technology has moved a long way. Can't believe how capable this little thing is. So much fun climbing the hills near us.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
patrickjfirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 08:13 PM   #3235

Hello to all,
My name is Paul and I am Italian. I love the scalers and radio-controlled crawlers and so I signed up on this beautiful forum
cosworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 07:35 AM   #3236

Hello all! I should have probably posted here a little while ago. Name's Merlin, come from Illinois and love the RC hobby. Have a few 3D printers at home so hit me up for a design idea! Always building, and finding new projects before completing existing ones.
MerlinV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 08:09 PM   #3237

Hello all, I'm Shannon from NE Texas.

Just getting back into RC after a several year hiatus. I was going to get back into helis, but decided to put that on hold for a number of reasons. I also considered running nitro monsters like I used to, but again decided against it for lack of space to really open one up and enjoy it. When I left the hobby, crawlers were just coming around and I've looked on with interest due to their scale looks, which I wasn't getting with my previous bashers.

I had considered an SCX24 (may still get one in the future), and after considering several rigs (including the Gen 8 v2, SCX10 iii Early Bronco, SCX10 ii Trail Honcho, and Wraith 1.9) I ultimately opted for a TRX-4 '79 Bronco because I just wouldn't be happy with anything smaller than a 1/10th as my only rig (honestly, the Bronco seems like more of an 1/8th rig when compared to what I used to run). I also figured that the TRX-4 offers features better suited for how I'm planning to drive. Mostly going to be doing trail crawling/light bashing. Not really into competition, just want to run for fun.

Looking forward to diving head first and getting my rig dirty out on the trail this Sunday.
Delta_Dart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 11:10 AM   #3238

Hello all! I'm Uncle Beep from South Jersey. My RC experience was a Hornet Buggy back in like 1990! I was reintroduced to the hobby by discovering a Crawler Course in the woods while hiking at a local park. I had a good time watching, helping build obstacles & donating time/materials & tools. I recently purchased a Wraith 1.9 & am enjoying reading, learning & being here. Thanks for having me!
UncleBeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 07:18 AM   #3239

Hi all

My name is Rob from Dubai, UAE.

I owned a few RC cars as a kid .... but currently own a Jeep in Dubai and enjoy 1:1 wheeling most weekends.

A friend of mine showed me his crawler and convinced me to get involved.

Ever impulsive, i popped out and picked up a TRX4 Defender in Grey. the future plan is definitely to change to a Jeep body but for now i will wheel and modify the defender.
RCRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 10:20 AM   #3240
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRJ View Post
Hi all

My name is Rob from Dubai, UAE.

I owned a few RC cars as a kid .... but currently own a Jeep in Dubai and enjoy 1:1 wheeling most weekends.

A friend of mine showed me his crawler and convinced me to get involved.

Ever impulsive, i popped out and picked up a TRX4 Defender in Grey. the future plan is definitely to change to a Jeep body but for now i will wheel and modify the defender.
Welcome to RCC, just like full scale, Build, Wheel, Break, Repair, Repeat...
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote