Notices

Thread: 2014 scale rules discussion or question thead

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 12:40 PM   #281
Scale Detail Engineering

Default Re: 2014 scale rules discussion or question thead

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna4engr View Post
Here is what I was talking about. Posts 3-6 and 10. I thought it was all sarcasm and inside jokes until I read post 10 which made me think I'd better ask.

2014 rules

Dna
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
Those guys are trouble makers

if the rules committee is still keeping a to do list please put banning those guys on it
Whew, glad I was post 7!
johnnyh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2014, 12:48 PM   #282
RCC Addict

Would it be too difficult to clearly define what makes a scale chassis. The Twin Plate chassis definition can be confusing as many scale chassis are made of two plates but are not considered unlegal Twin Plate chassis.

Deep down people make different interpretations.
Tomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:21 PM   #283
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy View Post
Especially the loop hole searchers from Finland.
Scrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #284
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomy View Post
Would it be too difficult to clearly define what makes a scale chassis. The Twin Plate chassis definition can be confusing as many scale chassis are made of two plates but are not considered unlegal Twin Plate chassis.

That's the problem, so many interpretations of every scale rule. The thing is, there has to be some kind of policing of these rules by the people using them.

Bottom line...... if you think to yourself "this might not be legal", you should probably build it differently. Or should we just say ALL class 1 and 2 rigs have to use a "C" channels frame and Class 3 can use tube? That would take all the "interpretation" out of it.....but also a lot of the fun.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:24 PM   #285
Rock Crawler

here you go, any tvp with more than 1 inch of link separation is illegal long live the x-trail
joshsmith512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:55 AM   #286
I wanna be Dave

Going to beat on a dead horse real quick and ignore my ignorances.

In the general guidelines I see
"•You must run a rail chassis (for example: Bruiser/Mountaineer, SCX-10, Reign RC K2-3S, 3L, 4, 5, MFM, X-Trail, CR-01, UTE, etc...). No TVP (twin vertical plate) chassis' or frame rail extensions on a TVPs. Tub chassis' are allowed, but chassis must be covered by the body and follow all other scale rules per class guidelines. An example of a tub chassis vehicle is CC-01, DF01, Twin Hammers, etc."

So that leads me to believe that all three classes must follow this rule but I have seen a post or two about the stock wraith chassis being legal for class 3. Just wanting some clarification, if someone doesn't mind.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #287
I wanna be Dave

Full Tube chassis is legal in Class3.
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:40 AM   #288
R2j
SORRCA Committee Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
And to add to that, plastic or metal or a combination of both. So yes Wraith chassis is C3.
R2j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:55 AM   #289
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublej View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2j View Post
And to add to that, plastic or metal or a combination of both. So yes Wraith chassis is C3.
Thanks. When I read through the rules it is confusing though. The general requirements say
"•You must run a rail chassis (for example: Bruiser/Mountaineer, SCX-10, Reign RC K2-3S, 3L, 4, 5, MFM, X-Trail, CR-01, UTE, etc...). No TVP (twin vertical plate) chassis' or frame rail extensions on a TVPs. Tub chassis' are allowed, but chassis must be covered by the body and follow all other scale rules per class guidelines. An example of a tub chassis vehicle is CC-01, DF01, Twin Hammers, etc."

assuming that means for all three classes. I can vaguely find some words in the class 3 specs that refer to a full tube chassis but nothing stating a full tube chassis is allowed.

Again, excuse my dead horse beating and ignorances, as I honestly do not understand. I am new to the Scale Comp rules, so I am trying to figure it all out.

Last edited by Szczerba; 03-18-2014 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:04 AM   #290
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szczerba View Post
Thanks. When I read through the rules it is confusing though. The general requirements say

assuming that means for all three classes. I can vaguely find some words in the class 3 specs that refer to a full tube chassis but nothing stating a full tube chassis is allowed.

Again, excuse my dead horse beating and ignorances, as I honestly do not understand. I am new to the Scale Comp rules, so I am trying to figure it all out.

No problem. I just went back through the rules and can't find the tube chassis wording either. I thing in the editing process something got deleted. I'm going to go back through them and review right now.....
Old 03-18-2014, 11:09 AM   #291
I wanna be Dave

Alright, so here's what happened.

2013 rules:

• You must run a rail chassis (for example: Bruiser/Mountaineer, SCX-10, Reign RC K2-3S, 3L, 4, 5, MFM, X-Trail, CR-01, UTE, etc...) No TVP (twin vertical plate) chassis' or frame rail extensions on a TVPs. The exception to this rule is the Tamiya CC-01 or TA-02 ,(Hummer, S-10, Ford F-150 and Toyota Hilux)and Modified class Tubers.

I think one of the committee guys forgot to add that to the revised 2014 rules. Nice catch!

Last edited by War Pig; 03-18-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:22 AM   #292
I wanna be Dave

Whew, glad I am not as dumb as I think I am. Thanks guys.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:22 PM   #293
Rock Crawler

Tubers were soooo last year
sam63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:51 PM   #294
Old guy

Question, Can I make a custom body for class 2 as long as it meets the measurements and looks cool?
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:56 PM   #295
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
Question, Can I make a custom body for class 2 as long as it meets the measurements and looks cool?
As long as RCC as a whole gets to vote that it is indeed "cool"......
doublej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:09 AM   #296
Rock Stacker

Sorry for hanging on this.
But what is the defenition of a TVP chassi..??
Is this oldschool chassi a Twin Vertical Plate chassi

kenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #297

So forgive me if I'm wrong but the stock Rubicon front bumper makes it a class 2 ?
kelkro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #298
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelkro View Post
So forgive me if I'm wrong but the stock Rubicon front bumper makes it a class 2 ?
X2 I'm curious about that rule as well, There are lots of street class jeeps with narrow front bumpers, that's the first thing you do, either sawzall the ends off your stocker or buy one of the many stubby bumpers made for wranglers.

Other topics:
on a class 2 can you do all 3 body modifications but only receive points for two or is that not ok?

Questions about NON functional scale items do these count: 5 point harnesses, shifters, TV screens, scale hood pins, bumper lights w/piaa covers

I guess im not sure, all the things I listed as non functional could very well be functional too, harness hold my driver in, pins hold my hood on, lights shine, TV screen plays video(mp3)

Questions about functional scale items do these count: fairleads, winch savers, opening hood only/no doors, front axle suck down point, bungee cord.
WAFFLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 06:23 PM   #299
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelkro View Post
If it's narrower than the windshield, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAFFLE View Post
X2 I'm curious about that rule as well, There are lots of street class jeeps with narrow front bumpers, that's the first thing you do, either sawzall the ends off your stocker or buy one of the many stubby bumpers made for wranglers.

Other topics:

1. on a class 2 can you do all 3 body modifications but only receive points for two or is that not ok?

2. Questions about NON functional scale items do these count: 5 point harnesses, shifters, TV screens, scale hood pins, bumper lights w/piaa covers

I guess im not sure, all the things I listed as non functional could very well be functional too, harness hold my driver in, pins hold my hood on, lights shine, TV screen plays video(mp3)

3. Questions about functional scale items do these count: fairleads, winch savers, opening hood only/no doors, front axle suck down point, bungee cord.
1. Only 2 of the 3 body mods are allowed.

2. Shifters, TV screens, etc are detail parts of the interior and would count as 1 point (for all of them). Things like the harnesses, hood pins, bumper mounted lights could be functional or just scale items.

3. All these things would be individual functional items except for the front axle suck down point.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #300
Rock Crawler

For a functioning scale accessorie...proline tool box to hold my 4 way wheel wrench and 2 tow straps... 3 points?
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote

2014 scale rules discussion or question thead - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2013 scale rules discussion or question thead War Pig Scale Comp Rules 808 08-15-2014 09:29 PM
2014 Crawling GTG's and (NON-2014 MIRCA) Event Discussion 95geo Michigan 5 02-23-2014 05:06 PM
2014 SORRCA Scale rules doublej Scale Comp Rules 3 01-03-2014 01:09 PM