Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Super Experiment... :&

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #81
Rock Stacker

Thats sick man.. just wait to you get over here to the Rocky Mountians.. Rig look good
Big E is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2011, 02:33 PM   #82
RCC Addict

Default New "Heart"

I was scanning through ebay and found a new in box CC Sidewinder Sport for $55 shipped. So looks like I'm going to have my 3S power after all. Ill get it all wired up and programed by the weekend So it will be ready for the comp on Sunday. Cant wait for her first comp!!!

Looks like I'm gonna have to paint the house and finish packing tonight and tomorrow to I have time to wire, mod and test on Thursday and Friday .

Only a few more days till the long drive!

Last edited by Abavuso; 04-04-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #83
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abavuso View Post
Check out the video

from Adam Bavuso on Vimeo.

Nice vid and nice rig
GREEDY GENIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:31 PM   #84
RCC Addict

yea 3s power now all u need is some bent links

i was looking and i was wondering if you could get pics of the axles with knuckles on and them off i might have an idea for clocking
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #85
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw27x View Post
yea 3s power now all u need is some bent links

i was looking and i was wondering if you could get pics of the axles with knuckles on and them off i might have an idea for clocking
I'll snap some pictures later in the week, I'm prety busy packing the house. I think I figured out the clocking, I just need to get a min to try. I need to pick up some AX-10 or venom plastic C's first also.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:37 PM   #86
Rock Stacker

Sounds like you have the same idea I was toying around.. shaving off the molding C and putting an ax10 in its place
Old 04-04-2011, 06:05 PM   #87
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big E View Post
Sounds like you have the same idea I was toying around.. shaving off the molding C and putting an ax10 in its place
Either that or driling new tube mount holes to clock it about 5 degrees past center. I havent decided just how im going to do it. The plastic tube is actualy aboit 3/16th thick on the side wall so there is plenty for a screw to grab. The tough part is going to be getting the c perfectly centered for the dog bone. Perhaps some Jb pudy formed around the end of the tube then shaped for a perfect fit? This one is going to take some toying with.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #88
RCC Addict

i have a used venom c - hub
Old 04-04-2011, 06:52 PM   #89
Rock Stacker

Here is an idea I've been toying around with.. I know I can get copper pipe and fittings and braze them together.. Steel would probably be more ridged. but not sure if I could get all the fittings in steel.. or maybe I'm just gone crazy.. The inner bearings for the axles are right at 3/8" ( bearing are light grey in picture)

I need to find out the ID on the slip on "C" to see if it would be worth trying.. link mount could be brazed on as well
Old 04-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #90
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big E View Post
Here is an idea I've been toying around with.. I know I can get copper pipe and fittings and braze them together.. Steel would probably be more ridged. but not sure if I could get all the fittings in steel.. or maybe I'm just gone crazy.. The inner bearings for the axles are right at 3/8" ( bearing are light grey in picture)
I need to find out the ID on the slip on "C" to see if it would be worth trying.. link mount could be brazed on as well

That looks really cool but i wouldn't use steel, that's a lot of weight added to it. I would really use an aluminum tube. But you're good in the idea.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #91
RCC Addict

Default Clocked C hub MOD

So fter examining an AX-10 C hub and the Venom Creeper C-Hub, I went with the venom C, it seams it's made of the same material as the MT axle tube plus more durable than the AX-10 plastic C-hub. Also the Venom C-hub is stock clocked at what I can see about 5 degrees and the inside of the C-hub has a hex pattern.

First determine how much you want the axle clocked before you decide what 6 sides you will grind flat.

First thing to note, the arms on the Venom C are longer than the arms on the molded C so you have to mount the C about 1/16th of an inch down the Axle tube once the C is removed.

The Two things you need to do are, carve the axle tube into a hex shape to match the C-hub. Don't carve too much off because it will make it wiggle back and forth and will create slop. Go slow and trim a little at a time.

Once you have the shape so that the C slides on snugly, you will need to widen the hold on the front of the Venom C so that the axle tube can slid through it.

Once that is finished seat the C it in place about 1/16th of and inch past the edge of the tube or 1.75mm. Take a 2.5mm drill bit and drill a hole in the center of the C hub mount and use a 6mm long by 3mm .5 pitch screw with a washer on it to fasten the C to the axle tube.

Mount the rest of the hardware and the tube to the trans and you're good to go.

It looks like you could grind about 1-2mm off the edge of the axle cup and get more steering without hindering it's function. I've got some aluminum knuckles comming this week so I'll grind them and let you know.

Now I just need to more Venom C-Hubs since I only had two laying around for some reason.

Last edited by Abavuso; 04-05-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:48 AM   #92
RCC Addict

i have 2 more
Old 04-05-2011, 08:29 AM   #93
RCC Addict

Quote:
i have 2 more
Bring them to the comp on sunday and ill take them off your hands. Just let me know what you want for them.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:54 PM   #94
RCC Addict

5 bucks
on tower there 7
Old 04-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #95
RCC Addict

Default Super Bully Question.

So I've been looking up Bully and Berg Axles and it strange to see that the Mad Torque tubes(at the mount) and gears look almost identical to the Bully and the transmission case is almost identical to the Berg.

This leads me up to my questions:

1) Could one of you Super Bully owners measure your CVD(short and long side) from the end(trans side) to center of the pivot ball and post it up?

2) What is the thickness of the flat spot on the axles that slides into the diff?

3) What diameter bearings are in the Bully tube and Knuckle?

If I'm correct, they should be a direct drop in with the exception of the knuckle portion. I'm sure I would need different bearings and knuckles. Hell, the tubes might even bolt directly on with a little grinding on the chassis side.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:56 PM   #96
RCC Addict

I got the Sidewinder droped in place, only problem now is that I'm getting a fair amount of glitching from the other servos when I wiggle the stearing. Could be my speed wiring Job. I think tomarrow I've got to go the LHs and pick up some more wire, plugs and connectors and i'll re wire the whole thing nice like.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:44 AM   #97
RCC Addict

i have a hitec hs-625mg if you want it for a little more torque in the back
Old 04-07-2011, 09:11 AM   #98
RCC Addict

Quote:
i have a hitec hs-625mg if you want it for a little more torque in the back
Not to be rude but please pm me if you want to offer parts this is a build thread. A appriciat the offer but kindly limit those offers in the thread.

If you looked back, youll see im pushing over 400 oz in the rearwith what ive got. Its not a good idea to double up diferent servos, speeds and torque.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:07 AM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Plus, a 625 is only 94 oz-in, so even if you double it, it's not that much torque (enough to turn one tire for every two servos.)

As far as your glitching, did you use a BEC? The sidewinder has a pretty weak BEC and gets worse on 3S.

I had a totally different idea on clocking the axle, but I was going to wait until I made my new chassis to get the linkage figured out and mess with clocking at that point.

I think the super bully CVDs might work, but I am betting not a lot of the super bully guys check out this thread. Might be a question to email RC4WD directly.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #100
Rock Crawler

Adam, nice thread man. Looking forward to seeing what it can do Sunday. I dont have many "precision" tools, but if you bring yours to the comp you are more than welcome to take some measurements from my Super Bully.
ram_tough is offline   Reply With Quote