Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: 4PK Setups, Tips, Tricks and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #1141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stick Crawles View Post
It's red when I turn the pk on to the display on, but when I turn it on to the on side it links up, that may be what I was doin wrong "duh ", but when it is all linked up I have throttle and steering but the rear goes forward and the front goes in reverse, and in forward I stops going as soon as I let off the gas, but in reverse it slowly rolls to a stop.
Are you sure that both ESCs are programmed identically? Swap your wires on the rear motor to get it to spin in the correct direction, I assume that you're not running any timing in the motors.
whoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #1142
Quarry Creeper

Yep no timing in the motors just soldered em up and wen t with it, I will try the wire swap when we get back home, and I think I have programmed the escs identically but I may be off on one, I will check that also.
Stick Crawles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 06:16 PM   #1143
20K Club

Quote:
Yep no timing in the motors just soldered em up and wen t with it, I will try the wire swap when we get back home, and I think I have programmed the escs identically but I may be off on one, I will check that also.
Make sure you have referenced my wiring diagram. Like Whoodie says, you always have to have one motor wired with reverse polarity with an MOA.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #1144
Quarry Creeper

Ok Harley and Whoodie, I just got home and I swapped the wires on the front motor (it was the one goin in the wrong direction), and they both turn forwards, but when they are goin forwards the front motor starts and turns slower than the rear, on the fxr (front) led shows 1 led before it starts to to turn, and the fxr (rear) led shows 2 leds before the front starts going, and the rear wheels start going as soon as I give it throttle.

When I go into reverse I only get reverse on the front motor only. Now if it press the button on the grip I get reverse in the front and forwards in the rear, then If I go in forwards I get forwards on the front only and nothing in the rear, unless I press the button on the grip, then I get both forwards, but with the front starting after the rear and turning slower, after the rear starts to go.

And the steering is opposite also right on the pk turns the rig left, and left on the pk turns the rig right.

I also made sure that the 2 fxrs were programmed identically, here is what I have them both set at.

1st l.e.d is set at 6
2nd l.e.d. is set at 6
3rd l.e.d. is set at 6
4th l.e.d. is set at 1
5th l.e.d. is set at 2
6th l.e.d. is set at 3

I hope this doesn't confuse you guys. I hope this will you guys determine what I did wrong, or if I did anything wrong.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:33 PM   #1145
20K Club

It sounds like you need to start over. Start with a clear model and reprogram using my video. Your FXR's also don't sound like they have been had the throttle position programmed correctly.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:38 PM   #1146
Quarry Creeper

OH heck I was afraid you was gonna say that, I will try it 2 morrow, the only prob with the video is I don't have sound right now on my computer, I just used the recommended set up you have on the 1st page.
Old 10-16-2010, 09:40 PM   #1147
Quarry Creeper

also how would I get the throttle setting to right point?
Old 10-16-2010, 10:19 PM   #1148
Quarry Creeper

OK SUCCESS at last, Big thanks Harley I went ahead and watched the vid. and reprogrammed it to the vid. and BINGO it is working flawlessly front and rear wheels goin in the same direction and at the same time, Go Figure Right, all I gotta do now is get used to the dig being in 2 different spots for the front and rear but that is a small price to pay.

Now I have an excuse to go do some crawling , My wife is gonna be so happy with me over the next few days.

Thanks Again Harley, and God Bless.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #1149
I wanna be Dave

So, I figured I would ask on here before I sent my unit in for repair.....

Battery died......could not find the charger, so took out the battery and charged it on my GFX.....battery charged fine, peaked at 7 volts.....plugged it in.....nothing. Transmitter is just dead......no beeps, lights, zip....I checked the battery on a voltmeter, measures 7 volts no problem.....even powered a different transmitter with it, worked fine.

So, before I send it in.....is there some known issue, something I did wrong or any potential fix?

Later EddieO
EddieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #1150
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieO View Post

Battery died......could not find the charger, so took out the battery and charged it on my GFX.....battery charged fine, peaked at 7 volts.....plugged it in.....nothing. Transmitter is just dead......no beeps, lights, zip....I checked the battery on a voltmeter, measures 7 volts no problem.....even powered a different transmitter with it, worked fine.

So, before I send it in.....is there some known issue, something I did wrong or any potential fix?

Later EddieO

Sorry Eddie but I've never heard of anything like that.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:41 PM   #1151
20K Club

Quote:
OK SUCCESS at last, Big thanks Harley I went ahead and watched the vid. and reprogrammed it to the vid. and BINGO it is working flawlessly front and rear wheels goin in the same direction and at the same time, Go Figure Right, all I gotta do now is get used to the dig being in 2 different spots for the front and rear but that is a small price to pay.

Now I have an excuse to go do some crawling , My wife is gonna be so happy with me over the next few days.

Thanks Again Harley, and God Bless.

Perfect! Glad the video got you squared away.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:48 PM   #1152
I wanna be Dave

That's what I thought, figured I would ask though.....only thing I can guess is maybe it doesn't like the pack to be externally charged and when I plugged it in, it spiked and popped something...

Your videos saved me today though........Randy Storm let me use his radio, but he had no clue how to set it up for dual ESC, as he runs single with digs....the video and guide on my iphone was money. I missed the end though on how to adjust the rear throttle though, which would of been awesome today! I got to compete though! Broke a axle before the first gate! I did ok, for no time on the truck, nerves and no clue how to drive an MOA.....

Later EddieO
Old 10-17-2010, 11:03 AM   #1153
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

Later EddieO
Try discharging the battery to 6'ish volts and see if that fixes the problem. The radio has over-volt and over-amp protection and you may have tripped something. The worse case scenario is you may have popped the internal fuse or a protection diode.
SuperRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 12:03 PM   #1154
I wanna be Dave

Where is the internal fuse?

Later EddieO
Old 10-17-2010, 12:27 PM   #1155
20K Club

Quote:
Where is the internal fuse?

Later EddieO
Don't go cracking it open on your own. You don't want to void anything. Futaba will get you taken care of if it doesn't turn back on.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:11 AM   #1156
Rock Crawler

Just want to drop a post to thank Harley and jawg53 for their great Futaba/4PK support. Very helpful and professional.

Chad-
grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:44 AM   #1157
Quarry Creeper

Where can I find the cheapest $$ for a case for my 4pk. E-Bay has em for 58.95, but I was wondering if any one here knew where I might be able to find one cheaper if possible. I really don't wanna have to spend my $$ on E-Bay if possible.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #1158
20K Club

Quote:
Where can I find the cheapest $$ for a case for my 4pk. E-Bay has em for 58.95, but I was wondering if any one here knew where I might be able to find one cheaper if possible. I really don't wanna have to spend my $$ on E-Bay if possible.
May look into this one. My LHS has one and it looks pretty decent for a soft case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley0706 View Post
No problem!

Try this one, it's about $24

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-tra...a-p-27927.html
Old 10-19-2010, 11:46 AM   #1159
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by grover View Post
Just want to drop a post to thank Harley and jawg53 for their great Futaba/4PK support. Very helpful and professional.

Chad-
Thanks Grover
Old 10-20-2010, 06:30 AM   #1160
Rock Crawler

I want to let everyone with the 4PKS know that Futaba has written a software update to allow you to use the "SRV-VIEW" screen like you can with the 4PK, when using dual esc's. The update gets rid of the P-Mix screen that pops up and blocks the mix values for the esc's.
We should have the update available soon and I will post up once we have it. After we receive the update, you will need to send you transmitter in to Hobby Services for the update. I will post up pics of my updated transmitter software as soon as it gets updated.

J
jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/136728-4pk-setups-tips-tricks-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
• Afficher le sujet - Quelqu'un connais bien la radio Futaba 4PK ? This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:51 AM
• Afficher le sujet - Mon nouveau joujou This thread Refback 10-05-2011 06:04 AM