Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #2361
RCC Addict

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

losikid sorry I have another question, I have two 3b's one hacked which I just picked up and got working and the other is stock which I've been using for a couple years. The stock one I use a Futaba style charger to keep my Nimh's charged in the radio, works great, now my question is I'm gonna hack that one two and won't have a new vr on it for a while can I still charge my batts that way after it's hacked?
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #2362
Got Worms?

All the hack does is change the firmware....the charging circuit is all hardware
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #2363
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
All the hack does is change the firmware....the charging circuit is all hardware
Awesome Thanks! I will be ordering some stuff here in a week or so for the stock one.
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:54 PM   #2364
Rock Stacker

Have a GT3B, running 0.6.1, been using it for a while, and for the price, I"m 100% happy with it. Only thing is I have this strange phantom problem with the center trims on the ESC's.

I have this in a XR10, running dual Axial AE-2's. Both have come out of a scaler and were working fine, Both have been calibrated to the TX both independantly, and I"ve done it at the same time as well. I always end up with the same issue. Forward, reverse, all the dig functions are exactly where I like them, but for some reason every once in a while something changes. When I try and lock up the rear, the rear wheels end up turning really slowly forward, maybe 10% power getting to them, it does not matter where the throttle is, when I have the dig button down, I can control the front wheels perfectly with the transmitter, but the rear will stay turning at about 10% power. It feels like the center trim is out of whack on the rear engine when I have the rear locked up. Push the dig switch the other way to lock the front and it does the exact same thing, rear works fine, but the front will creep forward at a constant 10% power until I release the switch. Try driving it with everything set at neutural, no dig and it all works perfectly.

I mess around with it for a couple hrs trying to reprogram it, after enough messing around I stumble across a setup that'll work, but then after a couple weeks, I get lazy, turn everything on too fast, trigger the ESC calibration by accident and it throws everything out of whack again. Once again, not faulting the radio at all, I know there's something off about the AE-2 and it's neutural position. But where exactly do I go into the programming to set the neutural position on ch2 and ch3 for specifically when the dig is active?
Paul B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:08 PM   #2365
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul B View Post
Have a GT3B, running 0.6.1, been using it for a while, and for the price, I"m 100% happy with it. Only thing is I have this strange phantom problem with the center trims on the ESC's.

I have this in a XR10, running dual Axial AE-2's. Both have come out of a scaler and were working fine, Both have been calibrated to the TX both independantly, and I"ve done it at the same time as well. I always end up with the same issue. Forward, reverse, all the dig functions are exactly where I like them, but for some reason every once in a while something changes. When I try and lock up the rear, the rear wheels end up turning really slowly forward, maybe 10% power getting to them, it does not matter where the throttle is, when I have the dig button down, I can control the front wheels perfectly with the transmitter, but the rear will stay turning at about 10% power. It feels like the center trim is out of whack on the rear engine when I have the rear locked up. Push the dig switch the other way to lock the front and it does the exact same thing, rear works fine, but the front will creep forward at a constant 10% power until I release the switch. Try driving it with everything set at neutural, no dig and it all works perfectly.

I mess around with it for a couple hrs trying to reprogram it, after enough messing around I stumble across a setup that'll work, but then after a couple weeks, I get lazy, turn everything on too fast, trigger the ESC calibration by accident and it throws everything out of whack again. Once again, not faulting the radio at all, I know there's something off about the AE-2 and it's neutural position. But where exactly do I go into the programming to set the neutural position on ch2 and ch3 for specifically when the dig is active?
Your radio isn't properly calibrated

GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread
Old 12-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #2366
Rock Stacker

Thanks for the quick response and link. I'll get my hands on a volt meter and go from there.
Paul B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #2367

Hello everyone, i know posted this question before but i thought i would give it another shot in case someone else has run into the same problem.

I'm having trouble binding my hacked GT3C to the 6ch rx i have.
I have followed losikids instructions to the letter,

I Plug the bind plug into the Bat port,
Then Power the rx thorugh any of the other Ports,
Then Click and hold the Bind button on the radio,
Then Turn the radio on,
I get the solid red light,
Then I let off bind button, pull out the bind plug,
And then pull power to rx and shut off tx,

When I turn the rx and tx back on i get nothing, no red light what so ever. When power is turned on to the rx it lights up for a split second and then nothing.
I have tired this on 2 other rx multiple times without any result. I have tired binding them through every power source, (rx battery, esc, bec, etc.)
I'm to the point that i'm willing to send my tx and rx to someone and pay them to hopefully fix it.

This is literately driving me insane.
mudboggin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:22 PM   #2368
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboggin3 View Post
Hello everyone, i know posted this question before but i thought i would give it another shot in case someone else has run into the same problem.

Then Turn the radio on,

When I turn the rx and tx back on i get nothing, no red light what so ever. When power is turned on to the rx it lights up for a split second and then nothing.
I have tired this on 2 other rx multiple times without any result. I have tired binding them through every power source, (rx battery, esc, bec, etc.)
I'm to the point that i'm willing to send my tx and rx to someone and pay them to hopefully fix it.

Did you push bind button on rx? The one you use stick poker for?
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #2369
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
I don't think thats a bind button...
Old 12-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #2370
Got Worms?

Quote:

Then Turn the radio on,

It sounds like an rx to me...as its the rx binding/latching onto the radio's transmission. The radio isn't rx dependent, you can have 100 rx's all bound to the same radio all powered at the same, all getting the same signal
Old 12-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #2371
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
I don't think thats a bind button...
Yea forgot that was for fail safe
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #2372

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
There is no bind button on the rx that i am aware of.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #2373

So losikid do you think all three rx might be bad? If so do you know where i can pick some new ones up, i can't find any 6ch rx in stock anywhere.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #2374
Got Worms?

Its possible...i don't think its the radio.

I'm not sure where to get 6ch rx's...ebay is probably your best option
Old 12-10-2012, 03:59 PM   #2375
Got Worms?

Its possible...i don't think its the radio.

I'm not sure where to get 6ch rx's...ebay is probably your best option
Old 12-10-2012, 04:18 PM   #2376

Okay i got an update on my Rx issue. For the hell of it i thought i would see if the two 6ch receivers i got for the GT3C would bind to my Turnigy 9x i use for fly since FlySky make the same Tx. Well they bound find to the 9x just fine, so I'm guessing something is wrong with my hacked GT3C. Its just weird because when i first hacked my GT3C the receivers bound fine. Also when i try to bind the 3ch FlySky Rx the GT3C it seems like it binds fine until i turn the Rx and Tx back on, I just get a slow steady blink light. So my thought is maybe the Rx isn't receiving the Tx signal? Who knows, maybe i just need to pick up a new hacked Tx for losikid.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #2377
Got Worms?

Quote:
Okay i got an update on my Rx issue. For the hell of it i thought i would see if the two 6ch receivers i got for the GT3C would bind to my Turnigy 9x i use for fly since FlySky make the same Tx. Well they bound find to the 9x just fine, so I'm guessing something is wrong with my hacked GT3C. Its just weird because when i first hacked my GT3C the receivers bound fine. Also when i try to bind the 3ch FlySky Rx the GT3C it seems like it binds fine until i turn the Rx and Tx back on, I just get a slow steady blink light. So my thought is maybe the Rx isn't receiving the Tx signal? Who knows, maybe i just need to pick up a new hacked Tx for losikid.
You may want to check and see that the antenna is still soldered onto the board.

What happens when you try the bind process w/out pressing the bind button on the radio?
Old 12-10-2012, 04:50 PM   #2378

Hey Losikid, I checked the antenna and it is still soldered to the board. I tired the bind process with out using the bind button and nothing happens the red light just keeps blinking fast. It goes solid if i use the bind plug and bind button. Maybe the bind isn't being saved when i turn off the Rx and TX?
Old 12-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #2379
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hey Losikid, I checked the antenna and it is still soldered to the board. I tired the bind process with out using the bind button and nothing happens the red light just keeps blinking fast. It goes solid if i use the bind plug and bind button. Maybe the bind isn't being saved when i turn off the Rx and TX?
How are the batteries in the TX?
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #2380

Batteries in the Tx and Rx are fully charged.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM