Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #2342
Got Worms?

Default Re: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
ATM = At The Moment.

Just cause i'm young doesn't mean i'm fluent in txting lingo...I am fluent in gt3b/c programming acronyms though
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:20 PM   #2343
Got Worms?

So, how'd the winch control get "stuffed up"
Old 12-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #2344
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
ATM???

Thats not how 4ws mix works on the flyskys... You assign a trim (or d/r switch) to 4WS and you get front only, 4ws, rear only (or any bias mix inbetween).

Then for crab/4ws you assign a button (like C, the channel 3 button) to go from 4ws to crab

x2 this is how mine is set up and I love it. BTW (by the way) Im still running the old program..... I left for too long and now im all freaked out by updating my radio to the new program!!! I need to just bite the bullet and program it, just not looking forward to re programing all these models again.
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #2345
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
x2 this is how mine is set up and I love it. BTW (by the way) Im still running the old program..... I left for too long and now im all freaked out by updating my radio to the new program!!! I need to just bite the bullet and program it, just not looking forward to re programing all these models again.
The new firmware is the shitz The timer alone is worth the upgrade.

There may be a new firmware soon though, so it may be good idea to wait awhile....i'm not sure how long it'll take to get the new feature(s). Nothing to serious though.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #2346
RCC Addict

Quote:
The new firmware is the shitz The timer alone is worth the upgrade.

There may be a new firmware soon though, so it may be good idea to wait awhile....i'm not sure how long it'll take to get the new feature(s). Nothing to serious though.
Yea maybe I will wait unless you somehow convince me between now and then. LOL. There is quite a bit of difference between the 4.1 I have and the 6.1 yall are running now. I skimmed through all the posts the last month and saw you have to turn up the channel numbers through each model and there are a couple more bells and whistles mine does not have. Not that mine does not do what its supposed to do but I need more cool stuff I guess.... always have to keep up with the jones I suspect.

explain to me how the timer works? Count down or up? How easy to set to use for a course timer? buzzer at ending?

Thanks for any info Austin.... you have been great support. Not like a jock strap but close
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:46 PM   #2347
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Yea maybe I will wait unless you somehow convince me between now and then. LOL. There is quite a bit of difference between the 4.1 I have and the 6.1 yall are running now. I skimmed through all the posts the last month and saw you have to turn up the channel numbers through each model and there are a couple more bells and whistles mine does not have. Not that mine does not do what its supposed to do but I need more cool stuff I guess.... always have to keep up with the jones I suspect.

explain to me how the timer works? Count down or up? How easy to set to use for a course timer? buzzer at ending?

Thanks for any info Austin.... you have been great support. Not like a jock strap but close
You have count up and count down timers...

The can start with throttle movement, or the push of a button. And they can be paused/reset with a button

I'm trying to get it so when using Momentary, the center/default value is arbitrary and can be adjusted while your in the momentary state.

And let Multi-Position be able to operate all functions (trims, expos, mixes, etc)
Old 12-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #2348

Quote:
ATM???

Thats not how 4ws mix works on the flyskys... You assign a trim (or d/r switch) to 4WS and you get front only, 4ws, rear only (or any bias mix inbetween).

Then for crab/4ws you assign a button (like C, the channel 3 button) to go from 4ws to crab
Is there a current template for 4ws i can use as a guide?
I'm trying to understand the programming part. So to get front only I would choose 100 and for rear steer -100 like in dual esc template?
Sna08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:50 PM   #2349
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sna08 View Post
Is there a current template for 4ws i can use as a guide?
I'm trying to understand the programming part. So to get front only I would choose 100 and for rear steer -100 like in dual esc template?
Yea...

4ws template is identical to dual esc, except choose "4" instead of "d" in the e.point menu and choose "4WS", instead of "DIG" in the rev menu
Old 12-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #2350
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosiKid View Post

Just cause I'm young doesn't mean I'm fluent in txting lingo...I am fluent in GT3B/c programming acronyms though
I deal with 2 teenagers in my house, as well as "Young-ins" on other forums.

Just helping out, not picking.

My oldest is likely not too far behind you.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:59 PM   #2351

Quote:
Yea...

4ws template is identical to dual esc, except choose "4" instead of "d" in the e.point menu and choose "4WS", instead of "DIG" in the rev menu
Awesome ill check it out. On another note. When I first install the electronics and plug everything up before programming the tx, the rear wheels would turn one direction all the way. Left it like that while trying to program the tx for less than 5 mins and I smell burning from the rear servo(stock rtr). Getting a 7954 in the mail soon so no biggie but is expo suppose to be at -100 on channel 3 and cannot be changed? That's what I'm getting... Ch 3 -100 after enter-long on expo.

Last edited by Sna08; 12-03-2012 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Reword for clarity
Old 12-02-2012, 10:58 PM   #2352
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo au View Post
I've got them in 4 & 5 ATM but there on constant tried changing things but stuffed up winch control so turned everything off again.

Not fussed what buttons I use
Sorry to confuse you so can you advise me as to what i need to do to make them turn on and off???

Last edited by revo au; 12-03-2012 at 12:08 AM.
revo au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:54 AM   #2353
RCC Addict

Wow! Austin your customer service is top notch, I've just finished reading every post in this thread and I can't believe how many times the same questions were asked and you took the time to answer over and over, just awesome! I just ordered a hack kit a day or so ago to reflash a 3b I got that wasn't working, anyhow I think it was a connection issue with the battery tray, I wired up a 3s lipo and it works great so I'm gonna reflash with the latest firmware, do the vr mod, and the bearing. I'm gonna do another order soon for another bearing and vr but do you happen to know when the 3c's will be available?
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #2354
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
Wow! Austin your customer service is top notch, I've just finished reading every post in this thread and I can't believe how many times the same questions were asked and you took the time to answer over and over, just awesome! I just ordered a hack kit a day or so ago to reflash a 3b I got that wasn't working, anyhow I think it was a connection issue with the battery tray, I wired up a 3s lipo and it works great so I'm gonna reflash with the latest firmware, do the vr mod, and the bearing. I'm gonna do another order soon for another bearing and vr but do you happen to know when the 3c's will be available?
WOW, this a long thread to read

I'm not sure when i'll have gt3c's
Old 12-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #2355
Got Worms?

I've got two GT3B's that can ship in afew days (pre-hacked) vs my normal 1-2 week lead
Old 12-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #2356
Got Worms?

I found 3 1300mah batteries for the gt3c in the bottom of a box...besides my personal stash this is all i have left, and they are no longer being manufactured

Products - OverkillRC
Old 12-07-2012, 03:57 PM   #2357

Quote:
is expo suppose to be at -100 on channel 3 and cannot be changed? That's what I'm getting... Ch 3 -100 after enter-long on expo.
Any word on channel 3 being -100 under expo enter-long? I can't change it... Should it be like that? Or did I do something wrong?
Old 12-07-2012, 04:14 PM   #2358
Got Worms?

Quote:
Any word on channel 3 being -100 under expo enter-long? I can't change it... Should it be like that? Or did I do something wrong?
Because there is a switch assigned to channel 3, therefore you can't change the value of channel 3
Old 12-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #2359
RCC Addict

WooHoo I soldered the antenna back on! Losikid I put the center of coax on middle tab and the outer winding wire on the outside tab of the daughter board is that correct? Needed a giant magnifier to do it but got it done!
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:39 PM   #2360
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kincer View Post
WooHoo I soldered the antenna back on! Losikid I put the center of coax on middle tab and the outer winding wire on the outside tab of the daughter board is that correct? Needed a giant magnifier to do it but got it done!
thats correct

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM