Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics
Loading

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2011, 11:35 PM   #281
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Grants Pass
Posts: 806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
This is strange, i'll have to think about what could be causing it.

If you put the servo on the th channel it acts normal? (the servo)
just tried and it seems okay on the throttle ch. and plugging the esc into the th ch made it go crazy lol
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2011, 11:51 PM   #282
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Grants Pass
Posts: 806
Default

Okay problem solved. There were 2 problems occurring. I guess that I screwed up the calibration for the steering ch and I had gotten the steering speed turned way down. I recalibrated it and turned the speed up to 100% and its all set. Everything is woking perfect now. I cant wait to stick my other 6ch into the moa and mix away. I'm so happy now after I had bought a dx3c for its supposed mixing ability and found I wasted $120. I got lucky and was able to sell it for the same price and get a 3b and hack kit from you with $$$ left in my pocket after a few extra receivers. Thanks
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #283
Got Worms?
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 6,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post
Okay problem solved. There were 2 problems occurring. I guess that I screwed up the calibration for the steering ch and I had gotten the steering speed turned way down. I recalibrated it and turned the speed up to 100% and its all set. Everything is woking perfect now. I cant wait to stick my other 6ch into the moa and mix away. I'm so happy now after I had bought a dx3c for its supposed mixing ability and found I wasted $120. I got lucky and was able to sell it for the same price and get a 3b and hack kit from you with $$$ left in my pocket after a few extra receivers. Thanks
Glad you got it figured out...
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #284
Got Worms?
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 6,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Here's what i have for the night, its only for trim keys, i haven't got around to individual buttons.

http://www.overkillrc.com/Key%20Mapp...ims%20only.pdf

lmk how it compares to one the firmware comes with

Has anyone have some feed back on how helpful this guide is...before i spend another chunck of time doing individual keys.

http://www.overkillrc.com/Key%20Mapp...ims%20only.pdf

Last edited by losikid; 07-30-2011 at 10:44 PM.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #285
Got Worms?
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 6,113
Default

Also i just received 100 new cables in the mail today, all hack kits shipped from today on will ship with the new cables.

Please refer all future instructions as reference to wire color. I consider Black and Green to be same, new cables come with the green on the end.

I'm going to be reading back through this thread and changing my instructions.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #286
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Grants Pass
Posts: 806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Has anyone have some feed back on how helpful this guide is...before i spend another chinck of time doing individual keys.

http://www.overkillrc.com/Key%20Mapp...ims%20only.pdf
I found it to be helpful. Once you figure out the functions the radio is very easy to use. Your info in the thread is also very helpful. You should move some of the info to the first page to make it a little easier for others in the future. Your info on twin speedo setup and calibration info are both things that should be in the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Also i just received 100 new cables in the mail today, all hack kits shipped from today on will ship with the new cables.

Please refer all future instructions as reference to wire color. I consider Black and Green to be same, new cables come with the green on the end.

I'm going to be reading back through this thread and changing my instructions.
I don't know if you should change the existing direction as they still pertain to the other kits you already have out there. Maybe Just an extra notation of the cable types and colors. Just a though.

I'm loving mine so far and could not be happier. I plan to do a full detailed write up on my experience with it and you here soon
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 04:30 PM   #287
Got Worms?
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 6,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post
I found it to be helpful. Once you figure out the functions the radio is very easy to use. Your info in the thread is also very helpful. You should move some of the info to the first page to make it a little easier for others in the future. Your info on twin speedo setup and calibration info are both things that should be in the beginning.
Yes, i'm working on updating threads, my product pages, and stuff today...i'll be going through and adding important posts to page 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandcrawler View Post
I don't know if you should change the existing direction as they still pertain to the other kits you already have out there. Maybe Just an extra notation of the cable types and colors. Just a though.
Yep, i'm just going to add a note to all my old threads.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 12:31 AM   #288
Got Worms?
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 6,113
Default

Ok here is a archive of all FW release's

http://www.overkillrc.com/apps/links/
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:08 AM   #289
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: 07456 N. NJ USofA
Posts: 8,315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Yep, I'm just going to add a note to all my old threads.
Sounds good, I work with various versions of product our company provides, we use addendums in manuals to cover various versions instead of a wholesale manual change.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:37 PM   #290
RCC Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Turn the mayflower around.. it will never work
Posts: 1,589
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Has anyone have some feed back on how helpful this guide is...before i spend another chinck of time doing individual keys.

http://www.overkillrc.com/Key%20Mapp...ims%20only.pdf
Its looking great Austin. I think it is totally helpful. The more info the better
JokersWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:45 PM   #291
Got Worms?
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 6,113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokersWild View Post
Its looking great Austin. I think it is totally helpful. The more info the better
Alright i'll finish it up soon
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #292
Got Worms?
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 6,113
Default

I thought i already psoted this but can't find it, so here it goes

Calibration Procedure (you will need a volt meter)

To enter menu turn radio on, turn wheel full right then press and hold enter.
Its also displays right after you flash a new firmware...from stock firmware

With the 1 displayed on your left
Hold ST Wheel full left till numbers stop moving,
Press enter
Let ST Wheel center, once numbers stop changing
press enter
Turn wheel full right, once numbers stop changing
press enter

Now turn the enter button till 2 is displayed on your left

Hold trigger full throttle, let numbers stabilize
press enter
Let trigger center, let numbers stabilize
press enter
push trigger full reverse, let numbers stabilize
Press enter

now scroll to 4

with a volt meter measure your current battery voltage
press enter (while 4 is displayed)
Now scroll to the voltage your volt mete read
press enter

Now press and hold enter till you exit the calibration menu.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:41 PM   #293
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Grants Pass
Posts: 806
Default

Page 5 of your preorder thread post # 84. Might wanna link the binding procedure for extra receivers also to the first page. You covered that in this thread on page 10 post 192. You have info all over the place lol
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #294
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: taiwan
Posts: 146
Default

I flashed to 4.0 firmware and done the recalibration, when I tried to calibrate with esc(sidewinder micro) on xr10 strange things happen, steering is reversed(steer right turn left, steer left turn right), throttle forward esc's red light on, throttle backward esc's green light on, it seems everything reversed.

Before I do the above mentioned procedure, I ran original gt3d with my scx10 rtr (esc ae-2), everything is fine.

What's wrong, please help.
Thanx!

Last edited by kc092755; 08-02-2011 at 10:31 AM.
kc092755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #295
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jefferson City
Posts: 345
Default

Did you have your steering and throttle channels in NOR or REV before the flash? Most ESCs will want you to put the throttle channel in REV mode before calibrating the radio to the ESC. I know the 4.0 firmware works with the Sidewinder Micro, as I just flashed my radio last night and recalibrated to my MRC's Sidewinder Micro. Here's how I did it. Turn the radio on and make sure it is on the model memory you are planning to use for this vehicle. Set throttle channel to REV. Hold throttle rigger to full-forward, then turn on the Sidewinder Micro. You will hear the ESC beeping. The green light will come on and eventually you will hear the ESC beep 4 times. You have just set full forward. Now, the ESC should be blinking red. Move trigger to full-reverse. Again, the ESC should beep 4 times, but will now be flashing yellow. Let off of the trigger (neutral position) and wait for ESC to beep 4 times again. Your ESC and radio have now been calibrated. Wait for multitone from ESC to verify that it is out of program mode. There may be a possibility that you will need to switch the steering's channel to REV as well after calibration.
bugman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #296
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: taiwan
Posts: 146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman72 View Post
Did you have your steering and throttle channels in NOR or REV before the flash? Most ESCs will want you to put the throttle channel in REV mode before calibrating the radio to the ESC. I know the 4.0 firmware works with the Sidewinder Micro, as I just flashed my radio last night and recalibrated to my MRC's Sidewinder Micro. Here's how I did it. Turn the radio on and make sure it is on the model memory you are planning to use for this vehicle. Set throttle channel to REV. Hold throttle rigger to full-forward, then turn on the Sidewinder Micro. You will hear the ESC beeping. The green light will come on and eventually you will hear the ESC beep 4 times. You have just set full forward. Now, the ESC should be blinking red. Move trigger to full-reverse. Again, the ESC should beep 4 times, but will now be flashing yellow. Let off of the trigger (neutral position) and wait for ESC to beep 4 times again. Your ESC and radio have now been calibrated. Wait for multitone from ESC to verify that it is out of program mode. There may be a possibility that you will need to switch the steering's channel to REV as well after calibration.
Hi bugman,
Thanx for your help.
I Set throttle channel to REV and finished the calibration, now I throttle forward the green light on but moving backward, then I set throttle channel back to NOR, when I throttle forward the motor moving forward but red light on. I'm so confused.
My motor is Tekin 55t, red lead on the + side, black lead on the opposite side, this is correct, right?
Thanx!
kc092755 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #297
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jefferson City
Posts: 345
Default

Have you programmed the Sidewinder Micro, either manually or via Castle Link so that it knows that you have a brushed motor connected? That could be the issue. If it is still in brushless mode, it may very well do what you are experiencing. I will say this...if you don't have a Castle Link, go get one. They are very much worth the money. Programming the ESC is SO much easier. But, for right now if you don't have one, just follow the manual that came with the ESC or go to http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...s_ed_guide.pdf and view it online.
bugman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:20 PM   #298
I wanna be Dave
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: 07456 N. NJ USofA
Posts: 8,315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugman72 View Post
Have you programmed the Sidewinder Micro, either manually or via Castle Link so that it knows that you have a brushed motor connected? That could be the issue. If it is still in brushless mode, it may very well do what you are experiencing. I will say this...if you don't have a Castle Link, go get one. They are very much worth the money. Programming the ESC is SO much easier. But, for right now if you don't have one, just follow the manual that came with the ESC or go to http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...s_ed_guide.pdf and view it online.
+1.

Optionally, swap the wires on the motor and check that the TX is in "normal".
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #299
Rock Crawler
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Grants Pass
Posts: 806
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc092755 View Post
Hi bugman,
Thanx for your help.
I Set throttle channel to REV and finished the calibration, now I throttle forward the green light on but moving backward, then I set throttle channel back to NOR, when I throttle forward the motor moving forward but red light on. I'm so confused.
My motor is Tekin 55t, red lead on the + side, black lead on the opposite side, this is correct, right?
Thanx!
The radio and esc sound like they are working correctly if the lights are working that way. I second charlie3 on just swapping the motor wires around.
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 02:21 PM   #300
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Centurion, GP, RSA
Posts: 429
Default

Seems this TX is also sold under the E-Fly Hobby name too.

http://www.efly-hobby.com/

http://www.efly-hobby.com/en/productlist.asp?id=877

I wonder if these mods would work on the EX3S transmitter too?
reden is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com