Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: GT3B Hack Question and Answer Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #441
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickM View Post
I think I tried that once but I will try it again. It is almost like it is immediately kicking into a default mode before it has a chance to even try to go into settings or arm.
Well...you can plug the servo into ch 2, make sure it works right....then its a question if your esc is a dud or if it needs calibrated.

When you pull your trigger back forth, does the color change?

Hold full throttle while plugging in your esc to battery
after it beeps hold full reverse
once it beeps again let off so the trigger is center
it should beep again, then arm.

On the initial pull (full throttle) the led should be green, if its not then your need to reverse the th channel
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2011, 11:02 PM   #442
Got Worms?

Also guys...if anyone ever has an idea for this radio, lmk.

I forget to mention earlier i'm working on skins...they'll be overkillrc badged, but will be pretty sick looking
Old 08-12-2011, 03:04 AM   #443
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
Also guys...if anyone ever has an idea for this radio, lmk.

I forget to mention earlier i'm working on skins...they'll be overkillrc badged, but will be pretty sick looking

I'll take a set of "Frankenstein...Van Halen" skins for my radio
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:07 AM   #444
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
So i woke up this morning and my computer had restarted...didn't think much about it

Well i just went to go convert the finished key mapping manual over to a pdf and let ya'll take a look. But i lost it all,

I had the buttons menu done and had abunch of templates/tutorials written

So it may be awhile before i write it all again,
Since I believe you were doing this in a word processor, look around in the software for "auto save" and set for 5 minutes. This means you don't lose much if the PC crashes, etc.
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:11 AM   #445
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well I mentioned I am not great with electrical stuff but this might sum it all up. I just got the stock GT3B in today and am waiting on the flash kit. I decided to try and go ahead and hook up the radio to my kids mrc. Well in doing so I am having a hard time getting my sidewinder micro esc to arm and communicate with the RX. I have bound it and my servo is working. It is getting its power off the battery anyway. I got my esc to start to chime and then it immediately starts flashing red. I tried to fire it up with my throttle in full gas mode but it keeps doing the same thing. I tried to trouble shoot it with Castle and they did not say much in the trouble shooting stuff. I double checked to make sure I am plugging everything in right and from what I can tell I do. Any ideas?
As mentioned, try reversing the TX for throttle.
Also, make sure the throttle trim is "0" and throttle sub trims are "0", read the bottom here.... http://www.castlecreations.com/suppo...mamba_max.html
Charlie-III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 05:16 AM   #446

Quote:
Ok this is off the top of my head
thanks a lot losikid for this setting.
i will try it as soon as possible.
flysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 06:38 AM   #447
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ed View Post
I'll take a set of "Frankenstein...Van Halen" skins for my radio
Like this?

I did all of the graphics for a guy in Las Vegas. Liked it so much, I decided to do one for me.

Losikid, any chance of being able to get a Photoshop template of the skins, once developed? Or, allow us to design our own and then upload them to you to have them made? I've seen some gaming console skin sites that do that.
bugman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:16 AM   #448
RCC Addict

OK, I checked trims and they are at zero. Not sure about sub trims though. I also reversed the chanel. All yielded the same result. I plug a battery in (on off switch was disabled) and the starts to chime and almost instantly starts flashing red. I know it worked with my spektrum setup so this is simply a setup issue I think. I will switch the esc to chanel 1 and see what happens.
RickM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 08:34 AM   #449
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I do have good news though....i have Voltage Regulators ordered, so they should start shipping next week...there will be 9 in stock after pre-orders have been sent out.

My next project is adding a bearing to the st wheel to make it buttery smooth. .

After that it'll probably be adding/moving switches.
I personally would be way more interested in the adding and moving of the buttons. They steer just fine as is, but some more user options for button placement and usability would be sweet
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 09:02 AM   #450
RCC Addict

Well. I am an idiot. I called Castle and the guy was listening to the chimes on the phone and what not. He quickly told me to pull full throttle. Chiming with a green light started. Flashing Red. Pull full brake. Flashing yellow. Leave alone. Viola. So sorry for being a moron. Thanks for the help regardless.

That beings said I am always impressed with the support from Castle. We pay a good bit for the products but they always offer great support if you ask me.

RickM
Old 08-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #451
Got Worms?

Quote:
Well...you can plug the servo into ch 2, make sure it works right....then its a question if your esc is a dud or if it needs calibrated.

When you pull your trigger back forth, does the color change?

Hold full throttle while plugging in your esc to battery
after it beeps hold full reverse
once it beeps again let off so the trigger is center
it should beep again, then arm.

On the initial pull (full throttle) the led should be green, if its not then your need to reverse the th channel
Quote:
Well. I am an idiot. I called Castle and the guy was listening to the chimes on the phone and what not. He quickly told me to pull full throttle. Chiming with a green light started. Flashing Red. Pull full brake. Flashing yellow. Leave alone. Viola. So sorry for being a moron. Thanks for the help regardless.

That beings said I am always impressed with the support from Castle. We pay a good bit for the products but they always offer great support if you ask me.

RickM
Isn't that what I first said todo
Old 08-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #452
RCC Addict

You are correct to a certain extent but what is weird is this calibration would not work if I was holding the trigger while trying to power up the esc. It had to power up first than I had to pull the throttle. The guy at castle said that it was a weird thing and started to explain it but I kindof zoned him out. Regardless it is all worked out!
Old 08-12-2011, 04:51 PM   #453
RCC Addict

Alright. I was a little worried I might have been bighting off more than I could chew and now I am thinking I am close. I got home today and the flash kit was in the mail. Thanks losikid. Now I have installed the pins. I have downloaded the st visualizer( I double checked the settings on it). I have plugged in my radio. I connected and went open the file to flash with, and this is where I get lost. I am only wanting to focus on 3ch for now. I have no idea what file I am trying to open as it looks a lot like code to me. Can someone point out which file I need to be looking at? Thanks guys.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:53 PM   #454
Got Worms?

Quote:
Alright. I was a little worried I might have been bighting off more than I could chew and now I am thinking I am close. I got home today and the flash kit was in the mail. Thanks losikid. Now I have installed the pins. I have downloaded the st visualizer( I double checked the settings on it). I have plugged in my radio. I connected and went open the file to flash with, and this is where I get lost. I am only wanting to focus on 3ch for now. I have no idea what file I am trying to open as it looks a lot like code to me. Can someone point out which file I need to be looking at? Thanks guys.
You will need to download the 3ch firmware...then open that file
Old 08-12-2011, 04:56 PM   #455
RCC Addict

Ok. Be patient with me!! When I pull it up it is nothing but rows of code on a website. Do I just do a edit copy etc on that?
Old 08-12-2011, 04:58 PM   #456
Got Worms?

Right click on the link, and click save as
Old 08-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #457
RCC Addict

Awesome. Thanks a million. I think it worked. At the bottom it is saying file successfully loaded and then checksum......

When I click on program the st visualizer keeps freezing up and becoming non responsive.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:13 PM   #458
Got Worms?

Quote:
Awesome. Thanks a million. I think it worked. At the bottom it is saying file successfully loaded and then checksum......

When I click on program the st visualizer keeps freezing up and becoming non responsive.
It shouldn't be freezing up

Did you reboot your computer after stvp install? If not try that.

If you have, then try downloading/installing the Patch thats also mentioned in the install manual.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #459
Got Worms?

Alright, abit of an update.

All future orders of the hack kit, you will receive a email with direct download links for the firmware, it'll also be available when you login to my site and check your orders.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #460
Got Worms?

Install Manual for the new cable has been updated... simply says to use the GREEN wire, instead of that little triangle

http://www.overkillrc.com/GT3B/GT3B%...raft%202.1.pdf

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/electronics/321742-gt3b-hack-question-answer-thread.html
Posted By For Type Date
RoboSavvy Forum :: View topic - SAM-3 Servo teardown This thread Refback 03-05-2013 12:49 PM