Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Holmes Hobbies

Notices

Thread: (HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2011, 09:48 PM   #3101
Quarry Creeper

He must be on vacation, haven't heard from him..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2011, 09:34 AM   #3102
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookyseven View Post
Did you get my payment for the armature on order 7579? Thank you.
Yes, we just finished up a batch of arms and we will finish your motor rebuild today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhg_oz View Post
Hi, can you please advise if Order id: #7809 has shipped?

Thanks,

mhg.
It has not shipped, which baffles me a bit. There is nothing on the order that should have backordered. I will make up some more waterproofed controllers today and ship out the order asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roodstreepje View Post
Hello john,

I have broke my BR-XL. I swapped the + and - on my 3s lipo. .....

Thanks,
Steven
The ESC has been fatally damaged. We can do a flat rate replacement for you. Pick up this item and I will take care of the rest. Holmes Hobbies LLC / Holmes Bikes :: Service and Labor :: Holmes TorqueMaster BR-XL REPLACEMENT

Please put a note in the order that you are from Belgium, and I will not require you to send in the old unit. My apologies for missing your previous emails, we are working hard to keep up on customer service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAIGB View Post
John, when will the holmes hobbies torque master pro 540's 35t be back instock? Should I order power matched? I need two for my xr10 and two br-xl esc's.
We will have a big batch done at the end of this week. Otherwise you could order them as "customs". Power matching is good for MOA rigs, it assures we build two motors that are very close in how they behave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
I am in the market for a couple of ESC's for my Berg and was thinking of a pair of BR-XL's. Just wondering if you are planning any Black Friday/ Cyber Monday sales or any Coupon codes any time soon
Thanks
DJ
I am planning something for black friday, but I don't know what yet. I have been so busy lately I don't even know what I would do!! I'll work on this thought in the next day or two and post up about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strap624 View Post
I have arcing in my motor and I hear a popping noise when I let off the throttle completely going forwards. It doesn't do it in reverse. Is this normal?
Yep, that is normal for a brushed motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get A Hobby View Post
Looking to see if Order #7839 has shipped yet? If not when will it go out? Thanks
we should have it out by the end of the week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bully View Post
i have a set of bullys and what to now what motors to run part #
thanks
I would recommend some TorqueMaster Pro 35t motors, or else some Crawlmaster 16ts. Both would work very well for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
Hey John I know it has not been a month or so but just checking on the status of order #7831. Thanks Cheif and congrats on the Marriage.
Just sent you an email.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallin apart View Post
Hey John got a new epic 27t stock motor from you wired it up ran it around the house for 5 min. then it just started smoking (Motor has burnt smell), ran it on a 2s lipo and a wraith esc PM me with what I need to do.

Thanks, Austin
The wraith is reverse rotation, and you installed a normal rotation motor. You would need to flip the diffs in your rig to run this motor. I can send another armature and brush set if you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL VASCO View Post
Hi John, you know I have two next projects in mind so I’d like to know which would be your recommendation for them, I mean motor/esc combos, and I’m speaking about your products of course:
1- SSS-R chassis with Axial axles and transmission without dig
2- Axial SCX 10 Honcho Kit
Many thanks
El Vasco
For the SSS-R I would choose a TorqueMaster combo with 35t motor. For the SCX I would choose a TorqueMaster Rock Racer combo with 27t motor. That should get you going and breaking parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm0688 View Post
WHERES MY STUFF? ORDERED A WATERPROOF BRXL AND A CRAWLMASTER THOUGH Crawlspace in Denver. If they are not done soon I will continue to wait patiently.
Thats a pretty strong ultimatum We just had an order go out to them last week, not sure if your stuff is in that box. We have another order for them going out late this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAIGB View Post
He must be on vacation, haven't heard from him..
I wish it was vacation as an excuse, I'm just busting balls trying to keep up! Time to get serious about hiring more help, I'm just getting too flooded with emails and custom winds to keep up like a good businessman should.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:38 PM   #3103
Pebble Pounder

Ok, so the wraith is a reverse rotation and I can see my endbell timing on my tourquemaster handwound 27t has been rotated to reverse the direction, in that case should I still be applying positive current to the red terminal on the motor? (I assume i'm running it right since i've gotten about 5 hours runtime so far with this setup with no issues)
Old 11-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #3104
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRobHolmes View Post
Yes, we just finished up a batch of arms and we will finish your motor rebuild today.

It has not shipped, which baffles me a bit. There is nothing on the order that should have backordered. I will make up some more waterproofed controllers today and ship out the order asap.

The ESC has been fatally damaged. We can do a flat rate replacement for you. Pick up this item and I will take care of the rest. Holmes Hobbies LLC / Holmes Bikes :: Service and Labor :: Holmes TorqueMaster BR-XL REPLACEMENT

Please put a note in the order that you are from Belgium, and I will not require you to send in the old unit. My apologies for missing your previous emails, we are working hard to keep up on customer service!

We will have a big batch done at the end of this week. Otherwise you could order them as "customs". Power matching is good for MOA rigs, it assures we build two motors that are very close in how they behave.

I am planning something for black friday, but I don't know what yet. I have been so busy lately I don't even know what I would do!! I'll work on this thought in the next day or two and post up about it.

Yep, that is normal for a brushed motor.

we should have it out by the end of the week.

I would recommend some TorqueMaster Pro 35t motors, or else some Crawlmaster 16ts. Both would work very well for you.

Just sent you an email.

The wraith is reverse rotation, and you installed a normal rotation motor. You would need to flip the diffs in your rig to run this motor. I can send another armature and brush set if you need.

For the SSS-R I would choose a TorqueMaster combo with 35t motor. For the SCX I would choose a TorqueMaster Rock Racer combo with 27t motor. That should get you going and breaking parts

Thats a pretty strong ultimatum We just had an order go out to them last week, not sure if your stuff is in that box. We have another order for them going out late this week.

I wish it was vacation as an excuse, I'm just busting balls trying to keep up! Time to get serious about hiring more help, I'm just getting too flooded with emails and custom winds to keep up like a good businessman should.

JOHN: I was busting your balls, if she lets you borrow them from time to time....HEH HEH HEH CONGRATS!! JUst buildem right. Thats my main concern....well Be Happy to. With quality and products like you build I can imagine you have A TON of orders. School. and a ......
Old 11-23-2011, 01:25 AM   #3105
Quarry Creeper

I was reading from the start to get an idea what I need without bugging you but got to 10 pages then skipped to the end and my answer is there
I to have a ax10 running a SSS-R chassis with no dig so the torque master combo with 35t? The "pro" or "expert" Im running 3s with a 980kv outrunner at the moment but I want to up the torque and wheel speed.
Thanks heaps for your time
Nik
Old 11-23-2011, 10:06 AM   #3106
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

You are certainly going in the right direction. Choose what you can pay, then get the combo that works for your budget. Both the expert and pro motors will work well. The pro will have lots of torque, the expert will have enough torque and be easier on the wallet. You an always put a Pro armature into the Expert motor later.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #3107
I wanna be Dave

Two questions John,

When will you have the CC BEC back in stock?

Will my Mamba Max ESC in my Sporty rig and a 16t 2012 Team Crawlmaster Pro 540 have strong braking?

Thanks
Old 11-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #3108
Rock Crawler

Hey John I placed a order (Order #7746) the end of October. I was going to ask the order be canceled but Iahve since changed my mind and was wondering when the motor might be getting made and shipped out. Thanks!
Old 11-23-2011, 06:48 PM   #3109
Quarry Creeper

Originally Posted by EL VASCO
Hi John, you know I have two next projects in mind so I’d like to know which would be your recommendation for them, I mean motor/esc combos, and I’m speaking about your products of course:
1- SSS-R chassis with Axial axles and transmission without dig
2- Axial SCX 10 Honcho Kit
Many thanks
El Vasco

Hi John, I sent you an email to your web store at Monday just asking you about the products mentioned above which you recommended and no reply yet, what’s going on???
Thanks
El Vasco
Old 11-23-2011, 07:03 PM   #3110
Pebble Pounder

Default Order 7839

Hey John, Thanks for getting back to us.
Our customer is JRob, and he has been waiting ever so patiently. Thought I would throw a plug out there for him and let you know he does screen printing of awesome work, very cost effective quality screen printing. So if you need TShirts or banners, he'd love to have you as a customer.
Thanks Again and enjoy your Thanksgiving!
Old 11-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #3111
Quarry Creeper

order #7745 orderd on 10/23/11 any update as to when they will ship?

Last edited by big dude; 11-24-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 11-24-2011, 12:01 AM   #3112
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the advise I placed my order this morning.
Nik
Old 11-24-2011, 11:34 AM   #3113
Quarry Creeper

I sent in my BR-XL a few weeks ago and haven't got a reply. How do I send the $45 for the replacement esc?

Russ from Hawaii.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:55 PM   #3114
Rock Crawler

I have a few questions. Trying to save $ do you sell just the 5 slot arms or could i send you my cans and endbells for you to assemble me some complete 5 slot motors.
Old 11-25-2011, 03:23 PM   #3115
Quarry Creeper

Sorry guys but someone of you knows where is John, I placed an order and tried to contact him at your web store and nothing back????
I know yesterday was a holiday day there but maybe John got a long weekend???
Many thanks
El Vasco
Old 11-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #3116
Quarry Creeper

Hey John what is the difference between the crawl master pro and the team edition? As I just ordered 2 13t combos for my xr rockshow . Thanks alot
Old 11-26-2011, 11:57 AM   #3117
Pebble Pounder

John,

I was stupid yesterday and wanted to see what my options are. I bought a series battery cable and hooked up 2 - 3s batteries to my Holmes Hobbies BRXL which was driving my HH 13T Crawlmaster 2012 Team edition. As far as I can tell I let the magic smoke out of the motor. It ran fine for 4 or 5 minutes, then stopped. This morning when I took it apart I discovered that it had gotten hot enough to melt the solder on the red lead and that was disconnected. There appeared to be remnants of black magic smoke on the case. I'm not at home at the moment, but when I hook the wire back up I do not get any beeps from the motor.

So can I send it in for a rebuild, if so whats the cost? I don't know enough about motors at this point to understand what I have actually damaged, guess in my spare time I'll go do some reading Once I get home tonight, I'll throw my Crawlmaster 55T in and be back on the rocks tomorrow.

Thanks again for your great products and support.

-Coby

Last edited by Kobier; 11-26-2011 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #3118
Rock Crawler

Default Bxrl's

Hi John
i PM you a few weeks back about my BXRL's not holding when i have them on dig.

you said to try and dig FT wheels spinning as you go forward the backs dont hold (this is the same when i dig with the rear) but to then keep the rears locked and go in reverse and see if they hold better!

and yes the hold alot better but still dont LOCK up in reverse.

there is almost no hold while going forward.

Let me know what to try next,
Thanks, Mark
Old 11-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #3119

Hello John,

what is with my order 7214? Do You have shipped?

Thanks in advance
Julian
Old 11-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #3120
Rock Stacker

Default Calibrating/Programming two BRXL esc's

I am attempting to run two BRXL ESC's for my 2.2 crawler.
The directions state that when running two ESC's, they cannot have the power wires connected during calibration/programming. However, step two of the directions state to "plug in battery."
So, how do I calibrate two BRXL ESC's? Do I plug in the front ESC to the battery and calibrate, unplug, then plug in the rear ESC to the battery and calibrate?
Any help would be appreciated.
Closed Thread

(HH) Tech Questions and Customer support thread - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Futaba customer support XJkid93 Chit Chat 6 07-24-2012 06:07 PM
ZNO-RC Customer Support ZNO-RC Redcat Crawlers 28 03-20-2012 08:44 PM
axial customer support/service THANKS! superflex General Crawlers 6 01-31-2011 08:40 PM
airtronics customer support dlamb11877sf Electronics 0 04-13-2010 10:04 AM